Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/5/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm sure joy must realize. You can't give her a pass anymore. They all tried to be nice with Meghan.  She still makes snide remarks, rolls her eyes and tries to put words in their mouths.  I love Joy.

This is what I think:  When NutMeg was out on her lonnnng bereavement leave, Joy, Sunny and Whoops had a good long conversation about the past year and how MM was commandeering the 5 person panel and they were not having it anymore.  Perhaps the show has been getting tons of feedback about it, too, and was on board with shutting down her crazy talk.  After the first few days after her return (when she milked the sympathy for all she was worth) I've noticed a shift in the balance of power at the table.  My fervent hope is that NutBag will not be able to handle the blowback (since it appears this is a first for her) and will slink off into the sunset of Faux News.  Would they even take her back?  I have no info on her time there or circumstances of her departure.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

This is what I think:  When NutMeg was out on her lonnnng bereavement leave, Joy, Sunny and Whoops had a good long conversation about the past year and how MM was commandeering the 5 person panel and they were not having it anymore.  Perhaps the show has been getting tons of feedback about it, too, and was on board with shutting down her crazy talk.  After the first few days after her return (when she milked the sympathy for all she was worth) I've noticed a shift in the balance of power at the table.  My fervent hope is that NutBag will not be able to handle the blowback (since it appears this is a first for her) and will slink off into the sunset of Faux News.  Would they even take her back?  I have no info on her time there or circumstances of her departure.

FauxNews would not take her back.  She was hated by their viewers. 

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

?according to Meghan.  I admit I was barely listening.  At the end of show I missed why they were talking about the husbands.  Abby was saying she and her husband are often mistaken for brother and sister. Meghan pipped in with one of the things she loves about husband is he scared everyone.  I'm not really sure what they were talking about but it confirmed to me that Meghan loves to intimidate or make others feel intimidated by proxy.

To me having a husband who scared people would not be an admirable trait.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

. . . And after a brief moment of lucidity, we're  back to wondering what the hell Whoopi is talking about. 

She also did one of her accents again. I really wish she would stop. It's not funny, just annoying.

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, rcc said:

To me having a husband who scared people would not be an admirable trait.

Or a husband that's not fun. 

I guess it was not revealed that by taping that  the shooter was an ex marine and used a gun that is illegal in Caifornia . 

That was a fun segment with John C Reilly , who or why was the woman crying in the audience? 

I really want MM to go away so discussions can be civil. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Or a husband that's not fun. 

I guess it was not revealed that by taping that  the shooter was an ex marine and used a gun that is illegal in Caifornia . 

That was a fun segment with John C Reilly , who or why was the woman crying in the audience? 

I really want MM to go away so discussions can be civil. 

I am happy they did not speak about the shooting, despite Whoopie giving her condolences at the top of the show. Megan would have shrieked and yelled and say that Joy was demonizing the Vets and how dare she do that. Certain topics should be avoided as long as Megan is there..

• Love 16

Abby is a nonentity (both sides! Both sides!) and Megan is a sack of shit. If the daily caller did this! If the other side!

Well that NEVER HAPPENED. Stop excusing shit by giving hypothetical situations.

Now that the election is over, I can't watch this anymore.

• Love 24

Whenever the producers talk in Nutmeg's ear, she just blurts out what they are saying whether it makes sense or not, whether the time is right or not, whether she interrupts someone else or not.  She is such a pro.  Today it was to clarify that she was being sarcastic when she said to arrest the WH staffer for battery, SARCASTIC!  The other day it was to say a candidate was not a Veteran, like she thought.  She just blurts it out and derails the convo and no one knows what she is talking about.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am happy they did not speak about the shooting, despite Whoopie giving her condolences at the top of the show. Megan would have shrieked and yelled and say that Joy was demonizing the Vets and how dare she do that. Certain topics should be avoided as long as Megan is there..

I was glad too. It did strike me; had they discussed it no doubt it would've turned into a screaming match with Meghan vociferously defending the 2nd amendment as has happened every other time. However they discussed the media and Ms "Rah Rah The Constitution" McCain doesn't seem to get as irate in defending the 1st amendment, ie freedom of the press. Curious.

Honestly that first segment was so all over the place, I'm not 100% sure I could follow it without going back and watching it a second time, and I just can't do that to myself. Did I hear, when Sunny spoke about the issue of battery, Abby say something like: "so now we're blaming the woman?" in that way people do when they're talking about actual hypocrisies in the way women can be treated? She really is too dumb to function.

Someone is going to lose it with Meghan soon over the fact she can't shut up for a moment, no matter how nicely she is asked. Whoopi's "stop Meghan" was actually pretty gentle compared to how she would be with others, and Meghan did the recoiling thing that @Tunia mentioned above and still continued muttering. I don't know if Sunny gets spoken over more than even the others at the table, or if I just feel like that because she is always getting talked over when she's saying something I want to hear. If I were her, I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

Edited by SuzieSioux
Spelling.
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whenever the producers talk in Nutmeg's ear, she just blurts out what they are saying whether it makes sense or not, whether the time is right or not, whether she interrupts someone else or not.  She is such a pro.  Today it was to clarify that she was being sarcastic when she said to arrest the WH staffer for battery, SARCASTIC!  The other day it was to say a candidate was not a Veteran, like she thought.  She just blurts it out and derails the convo and no one knows what she is talking about.

never mind

Edited by TV Diva Queen
3 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

Did I hear, when Sunny spoke about the issue of battery, Abby say something like: "so now we're blaming the woman?" in that way people do when they're talking about actual hypocracies in the way women can be treated? She really is too dumb to function.

The WOMAN was at fault in this case, Ms. 2D2F.    Why don't you re-enact the scene and YOU hold the microphone while Jim Acosta tries to RIP it out of your hand(s)?

• Love 15

Yes that dummy Abby was trying to say Sunny was blaming the woman when Sunny was trying to give the definition of assault. No one was saying that the woman should have been arrested like Whiny Bitch Meghan was trying to say. She kept saying she doesn't like other people touching her. Maybe the same could be said for Jim when they lady was clearly trying to snatch that mic out of his hand and he wasn't doing anything but defending himself. If he had tried to snatch that same mic out of Sarah Sanders hand, Abby and Meghan would be singing a different tune.

• Love 24
58 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree.

It would have been another round of "NRA member", "gun owner", "my brother's gun", "not a snowflake" and I'm sure a "my father" would have been included also. We already know the end to this movie.

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

The WOMAN was at fault in this case, Ms. 2D2F.    Why don't you re-enact the scene and YOU hold the microphone while Jim Acosta tries to RIP it out of your hand(s)?

Wouldn't the original clip make a great skit on Saturday Night Live...this Saturday?

2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

This literally made me LOL.

Then my work here is done.

Especially when it becomes PINK!  Congratulations, GiveMeSpace.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Despite being in deep mourning for only *checks calendar* 75 days, the strapping Meghan McCain takes to the mound, with her wiry partner in crime, Abigail Huntsman, crouched behind home. McCain's been in politics her whole life, but with a diet consisting only of whiskey, tequila, and the occasional deep fried squirrel parmesan, made from the tattered remains of the tiny prey she targets with her AR-15 named "Baby," how well can she perform? It's not like Baby leaves any good eating in her deadly wake.

General Days steps up to the plate. Old Genny's not the gal she used to be, mostly due to the deep abiding loathing which has been consuming her once gentle soul, for the past two years *checks calendar* -- exactly two years to the day. That's how long Days has been in mourning for the once proud land of her birth.

Can she get by McCain, or like Mudville's once mighty Casey, will Days strike out? At first, The View's crack production staff seems to be rooting for her and tries to help her cause by inserting some random clip of a cop examining a strip of wrapped condoms. She giggles and shakes off the benign distraction.

As the first pitch crosses the plate, Huntsman tries to make the point that somehow, the country should be ashamed. Umpire Goldberg, who hasn't been at the top of her game for years, comes to life and tamps down on Abby's attempt at interference. (Ball one)

Despite her feigned demure demeanor, Huntsman isn't ready to give up on her campaign to send Days back to the dugout. She harkens back her childhood, claiming that back then, she didn't know the names of the White House correspondents. General Days kicks at the plate, probably suppressing the urge to note that, typically, children don't know the names of reporters, AND everyone knew who Helen Thomas and Sam Donaldson were, anyhow.

Coach Behar calls time out and approaches the plate. After reminding Days the entire press conference was Trump's attempt at distraction, Behar's slugger seems to have regained her composure.

At the wind-up, McCain seems poised to throw an enviable pitch. Warming up, she notes that she objected when Corey The Louse manhandled one of her very many bestest friends ever.

Tragically, Days falls for the ploy, and McCain releases a curveball, by lying that Acosta made inappropriate contact with the White House staffer -- the very one who touched him first and at least three times and who bumped her arm into his hand, as she was reaching past it to grab the microphone. Umpire Goldberg is back to her usual inattentive self and misses the call.

And with that, General Days goes down in ignominy, some how managing to accumulate three strikes with just one pitch. While her turn at bat is done, Days is not.

When McCain screeches that Acosta pushed the staffer's arm down -- as the booth is rolling the footage of the staffer's arm bumping into the side of his already gesturing hand -- Days loses all semblance of composure. We've not yet verified its authenticity, but have received this purported footage of the aftermath from a trusted source. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated and we request that you respect the Days family's privacy at this difficult time. 

Omg @General Days you are hysterical!  You should write professionally, you are so good! That was more entertaining than the game itself haha

• Love 12
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

Yes that dummy Abby was trying to say Sunny was blaming the woman when Sunny was trying to give the definition of assault. No one was saying that the woman should have been arrested like Whiny Bitch Meghan was trying to say. She kept saying she doesn't like other people touching her. Maybe the same could be said for Jim when they lady was clearly trying to snatch that mic out of his hand and he wasn't doing anything but defending himself. If he had tried to snatch that same mic out of Sarah Sanders hand, Abby and Meghan would be singing a different tune.

Joy did say or the woman touching a man? fell on deaf ears  What balls that intern has. 

• Love 8

I cheered out loud when Whoopie told MM to stop taking when Sunny, the prosecutor, was trying to explain the law concerning grabbing something out of someone's hand is actual assault, and MM was whining, "Then the young woman should be arrested."

• Love 22

This is what fascinates me about Meghan... she embraces conservative values, but does she understand that she's a 'tough and outspoken' chick, yet if the values she embraces come to pass.. that she wouldn't be allowed to be outspoken or a tough chick?  I guess not.

• Love 18

Meghan is so messy! When Abby was saying that people say that her and her husband look alike, Meghan kept squawking "Y'all look nothing alike! He's VERY handsome! He's SO sweet!" It seemed so pointed, like she was saying that Abby wasn't those things. 

• Love 18

I could be wrong (I'm on the west coast) but I don't think there were a lot of details yet on the latest shooter. Tomorrow might be a different day for them if discussed.

I missed yesterday due to the presser so thought I would watch it On Demand after the show today. Believe, I think 1 hour of MM a day is about an hour too long. I couldn't watch yesterday for more than 5 minutes.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Speaking of Abby , I loved when she said in her most serious voice "It's a complex issue " and Whoopie fired back with " No it's really not ".  

Abby & Whoopi had the exact same exchange a couple of weeks ago and I LOL'd both times.  Abby Two-sides Huntsman thinks saying "it's a complex issue" will calm and assuage any conflict, but it won't; it just sounds patronizing.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

Meghan is so messy! When Abby was saying that people say that her and her husband look alike, Meghan kept squawking "Y'all look nothing alike! He's VERY handsome! He's SO sweet!" It seemed so pointed, like she was saying that Abby wasn't those things. 

? wow that is messy. In my 20's I had a "friend " ( she wasn't really my friend,  she was the girlfriend of a guy I had known forever) that gave me "shady compliments" all the time. She'd say " wow, I wish I had your confidence, going sleeveless."  I later remembered I had admitted I was pretty insecure about my upper arms weeks before. Or she'd say ," love those boots, wish I could wear them ,but (insert boyfriend name) says woman look like sluts wearing them. On and on. 

I missed most of this convo with Abby and Meghan.  But Meghan seems like this kind of friend. 

• Love 15

Abby must be taking lessons from her friend Meghan. I was just rewatching the April Ryan interview and after April mentions the pecan pie thing, you see Abby turn towards the audience and roll her eyes and look quite pissed.

• Love 14

Was I the only one hoping that Sunny, while making the point about the intern committing battery, would give Meghan a physical example?  I so wanted Sunny to grab either Meghan’s precious blue cards or her mug of bitches brew out of her hand!  Then calmly look at her and say, oh, that was nothing!

• Love 17