Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/5/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan can forget about ever being a credible political analyst.  She doesn't even understand her home state.  She expressed disbelief Arizona is turning purple.  That unsurprising fact has been known for at least the past 10 years.

I was shocked and it showed her ignorance. She was not too happy when that guy said that fact and you can tell she wanted to dispute his assertions.  

• Love 20

They really need to put a shock collar on MMM.  Give Joy the controls to zap her whenever she gets out of hand.  And when after a screech-fest Meggie says "can I just say one more thing?", Whoopi should say "NO!!! You've been talking over others too much already!!!"

• Love 19

Oh for all that is Holy, SHUT THE FUCK(!!!!!!!) UP, MEGHAN!!!!!!!!!!

Choosing Country over Party does NOT Turn you into the opposite Party that you are affiliated with. Only she would think if she chose her country and didn’t vote down her Party line, that would “turn her into a Democrat.” And to her, that is worse than death if her screeching and talking over Joy, Sunny and Meghan was any indication. Not to mention she dressed like someone’s matronly GRANDMA.

This is the second time I’ve watched this season and I have to say that Abbey’s voice is very Strident

Dowd lost me with his “I think Trump is politically astute” statement.

And the takeaway I got from Abbey, Meghan and Dowd was that this election/Democratic victory doesn’t mean anything. Like, it didn’t matter. That winning the House, was a negative thing, because whatever with his spouting statistics. What I heard from him was that (and this isn’t my personal politics) in order for Democrats to win, they have to woo the butt hurt white dudes. 

Then Abbey with her warning Democrats not to get too excited at their victories because they also lost Senate seats. So according to these three, last night was a win for Trump. And that just confuses me.

And clearly Whoopi was high when she clapped at Abbey’s statement about his base.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh for all that is Holy, SHUT THE FUCK(!!!!!!!) UP, MEGHAN!!!!!!!!!!

Choosing Country over Party does NOT Turn you into the opposite Party that you are affiliated with. Only she would think if she chose her country and didn’t vote down her Party line, that would “turn her into a Democrat.” And to her, that is worse than death if her screeching and talking over Joy, Sunny and Meghan was any indication. Not to mention she dressed like someone’s matronly GRANDMA.

Too bad Ana wasn't there to debate that idea with Nutmeg.  She admitted voting blue  yesterday. 

Edited by Cindyluwho
  • Love 19
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What I heard from him was that (and this isn’t my personal politics) in order for Democrats to win, they have to woo the butt hurt white dudes. 

That is pretty much what he said.  He said Republicans have geography on their side and Democrats have demographics on their side.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan's making it impossible for anyone to get a word in edgewise.  She must be really pissed about the Democrats taking over the House.

Literally anyone. She interrupted everybody. Today was the first time I literally yelled at her while fixing lunch (and scared Mister Butterfly who was contemplatively watching MSNBC.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And the takeaway I got from Abbey, Meghan and Dowd was that this election/Democratic victory doesn’t mean anything. Like, it didn’t matter. That winning the House, was a negative thing, because whatever with his spouting statistics. What I heard from him was that (and this isn’t my personal politics) in order for Democrats to win, they have to woo the butt hurt white dudes

I disagree with Dowd on that. We have to change the Democrats' mindset in only voting in general elections, they need to vote in every election possible. All politics are local.  Republicans have done that for years. Democrats need to stop with purity tests and look at the bigger picture of getting their agenda push forward via their representatives in congress.  Liberals and progressives are not just in Blue states. They are also in red states and they should be given a reason via great candidates to come out and vote.  Look at Beto in Texas, Kansas went blue yesterday with a governor and electing a Native American woman who is also openly Gay.  Democrats need to also engage people who never vote in any election on why voting is important and why not doing so is hurting themselves in the long run.  The majority party in this country is the people who never vote in any election.

Dowd also said that people in red states voted for progressive legislation like Medicaid expansion and that lets me know that most people lean progressive even if they have been conditioned to despise that word and people who labeled themselves as progressives.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I disagree with Dowd on that

I totally disagree with a party trying to appeal to voters they will  never win over.  You alienate the voters you already have.

19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Dowd also said that people in red states voted for progressive legislation like Medicaid expansion and that lets me know that most people lean progressive even if they have been conditioned to despise that word and people who labeled themselves as progressives.  

I heard someone say years ago most people are conservative on fiscal issues and progressive/liberal on social issues.  With Medicaid it's a mixture of both.  It's hard to not want poor people have health insurance. Unless you are a soulless monster.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

MM and Abby both have learned to infer/imply /state outright incorrect/ outlandish conclusions from statements made my folks who disagree with them.  

And this is one of the main reasons I don't watch like I used to. I still record it, but more often than not, I delete before I watch the whole episode. It is infuriating to watch Abby and Meghan do this. With no one really calling them out on it. 

6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan, you have NOT been in politics your whole life.

Nobody will EVER ask you to teach a class on politics.

Sunny NEVER said that voting Republican necessarily means you're putting your party over country.

I can almost 100 percent guarantee that the Democrats don't give a flying fuck about your advice to them for 2020 or ever.

Just STFU Meghan. SHUT UP!

???

• Love 15

Since the show  didn’t show for us today I had to get bits and pieces on YouTube. Holy crap she just is so rude to not give anyone a chance to speak. She gave her opinion ended her comment and Sunny started to say she wasn’t happy and off she goes.   I like how she has repeated twice that hiking is involved in shooting her guns.

Word  is the people who decorate early are happier people. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Thumbs typo
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I like how she has repeated twice that hiking is involved in shooting her guns.

Guns, hiking, and alcohol...think that's the recipe for shooting herself in the foot!

• Love 8

I deleted my recording of the show.  Between Trump's victory lap and Meghan's screeching I didn't think I could stand watching without a big ol' glass of wine.  And I'm out of wine.

• Love 13

I know we've all said it here a million times, but for real...Meaghan HAS TO STOP screaming and interrupting.  I hate that soon I'm going to stop recording and its all because of MM.  How can TPTB NOT see this.  I'm fine with keeping her on the show, but she needs to learn how to act in a group discussion.  And honey, you have not been in politics your whole life and you're not going to teach a class (WTF was that all about).  You're in politics, just like I'm an insurance exec.  Gurl, please.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 24
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whoopi finally said the words STOP MEGHAN. Meghan and Abby are pissing me off so much right now.

Sorry,  didn't mean to step on your post.  GMTA !!!   So, Whoopie really did tell Meggie to STFU.  I thought I might be hallucinating.

• Love 10

Meghan is such a poser. Her entire approach is based on grandstanding and responding to the "some liberals" who live in her head.

. . . And after a brief moment of lucidity, we're  back to wondering what the hell Whoopi is talking about. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 19

WTF are NutMeg and Abby talking about?

Abby's continuing storyline is about "journalists" who make the story about themselves.  She never gives an example.  Now her example will be Acosta.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan:. Oh, so you are saying we should go out and have this woman arrested.

Gosh, she just wouldn't shut up. She was too busy talking over herself to listen!!!

• Love 14

Abby and Meghan are quiet during this April Ryan segment. They know April, a seasoned reporter and strong, intelligent black woman, wouldn't put up with their bullshit.

Typical.  People like them never confront people who will fight back.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Dang, I was enjoying hearing what April had to say. Wish she could have had another segment. 

Same. We live in very dangerous times when journalists need security detail. And I agree with her - the White House should pay for it.

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby and Meghan are quiet during this April Ryan segment. They know April, a seasoned reporter and strong, intelligent black woman, wouldn't put up with their bullshit.

What say you? Ye mean Abby of the Strident and Judgy voice didn’t ask why journalists make the stories all about them when she had one right there? 

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

April was wonderful defended the press, Megan and Abby wisely remained quiet.  

Bunch of talking the talk and not walking the walk; afraid to attack ask why they suck/aren’t to be trusted, like they do on the show all the time? Inability or too much of chickenshits to stand by their ridiculous convictions when it comes to journalists?

Color me so not surprised to read this.?????

• Love 18
48 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Abby's continuing storyline is about "journalists" who make the story about themselves

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What say you? Ye mean Abby of the Strident and Judgy voice didn’t ask why journalists make the stories all about them when she had one right there? 

As the View is part of the news division at ABC it could be said the cohosts also are part of the media.  And Meghan with her tirades every single day makes herself the story. So there you go Abby.  I have just given you an example to use.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I notice that Joy is pushing back on Megan more and more.  She has had enough.

Whoopie telling Megan to stop, when she was having a tantrum about Jim Acosta was very apropos.  

Yes.  Joy needs to keep that up until MM figures out she's not going to be a threat to Joy in any way (wishful thinking).  The View wants sparks?  JOY will give them sparks!

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

How telling, that one of the things that Meghan loves about her husband is that he scares and intimidates everyone. 

Keep that "I do not want children," stance!   That intimidation stuff doesn't work well around other kids, their parents, teachers, etc.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

According to who.  I'm going to need verification of this.

?according to Meghan.  I admit I was barely listening.  At the end of show I missed why they were talking about the husbands.  Abby was saying she and her husband are often mistaken for brother and sister. Meghan pipped in with one of the things she loves about husband is he scared everyone.  I'm not really sure what they were talking about but it confirmed to me that Meghan loves to intimidate or make others feel intimidated by proxy.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

?according to Meghan.  I admit I was barely listening.  At the end of show I missed why they were talking about the husbands.  Abby was saying she and her husband are often mistaken for brother and sister. Meghan pipped in with one of the things she loves about husband is he scared everyone.  I'm not really sure what they were talking about but it confirmed to me that Meghan loves to intimidate or make others feel intimidated by proxy.

They were talking about how couples grow to look alike.  Of course, Meggie's contribution had nothing to do with the topic!!!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

They were talking about how couples grow to look alike.  Of course, Meggie's contribution had nothing to do with the topic!!!

? thank you. I didn't understand what they were talking about.  MM really doesn't understand "conversation". She just throws in what ever she want to talk about.

• Love 10