Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/5/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

You give Meghan too much credit.  She didn't research Pete Davidson.  She just wanted to criticize him.  She heard the words veteran, joke, SNL and immediately went into attack mode.

Was it her or Abby that said something like well if you want to die on that hill, meaning defending making jokes about veterans?  Nobody on the panel was saying it's OK to make fun of veterans.

True, but I did say her research is a "google search"....still too much credit?  :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Was it her or Abby that said something like well if you want to die on that hill, meaning defending making jokes about veterans?  Nobody on the panel was saying it's OK to make fun of veterans.

MM and Abby both have learned to infer/imply /state outright incorrect/ outlandish conclusions from statements made my folks who disagree with them.  

• Love 7

Meghan said that Republicans will always vote for Republicans and Sunny said that they need to put the country try first instead of just voting for their party. Meghan said that her statement was unfair, even though Meghan essentially said the same thing.

• Love 15

I'm continuing my own 3-strikes game with Meghan, that is to see whether I can get through an episode of The View without yelling and/or swearing at her via my TV (i.e. three strike and I'm out).

McCain may be getting an assist from Whoopi today, because not 4 minutes into the show, Abby points out that Trump is still able to motivate *his* people to get out and vote, particularly white men, and Whoopi interjects, "Good" and starts clapping. Put down the bong, woman. 

I can see from the 5 posts that popped up while I was composing this that I'd better be prepared to strike out early. Oh Meghan, I'm trying to be a better person. What have you done now? 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, fatewemake said:

NutMeg basically saying that almost no progress was made last night with the Democrats, but her nervous tics and frantic speaking indicate she's very upset and scared to death.

Basically her whole speech was advice to Democrats. She didn't even mention the wins in the house until the very end when Whoopi (I think) brought it up. 

• Love 9

I love that Meghan's first lesson she'd teach in a politics class is that "All politics is local." For the younger people among us, I'll point out that comes from the late, great Democratic Speaker of the House, Tip O'Neill. Oh and by the way, House races are far more local than Senate races, and the Dems took back the House of Representatives last night, so SUCK IT MEGHAN.

Dang. STRIKE ONE. Oh my word, now she's onto her country-above-party rat-a-tat-tat patter and how she's not going to vote for Gillum. The only reason I haven't incurred a second strike is that I'm thinking she took two too many uppers after her late night last night. (She was on ABC as a commentator; I didn't watch it long, but caught a moment, when I turned into my local station to catch the results of our local races, and she looked entirely out of her depth; it was embarrassing.)

Sidenote: I love how Whoopi's throwing together a word salad trying to teach a civics lessons to the candidates who won last night. "Your job is to take care of the country." Uh, this is a waste of our time. Meanwhile, poor Joy is raising her hand trying to get a word in edgewise. Someone needs to muzzle Meghan. 

7 minutes ago, Marci said:

Did I really hear Sunny say Gillum was a long shot?!?!?  And Florida is a deep red state?  And she was so happy that it was close?

What a lying hypocrite.

I don't understand your post/point. With the exception that she didn't correctly categorize Florida (although it certain has its deep-red sections, particularly in the Panhandle), what is she lying/being a hypocrite about? 

1 minute ago, Jewell2 said:

I’m not sure that you could hear anything Sunny was saying, because once again- Meghan does not let anyone else speak.  And why must she always thank that one person in the audience that is clapping for her?

Well, in her alternate reality, where this is The View with Meghan McCain, that was thunderous applause. (That was a ball, not a strike, because I didn't yell it.)

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, General Days said:

Abby points out that Trump is still able to motivate *his* people to get out and vote, particularly white men, and Whoopi interjects, "Good" and starts clapping. Put down the bong, woman. 

That was weird, right? I don't think Abby was even saying that it was a good thing, but maybe Whoopi was happy that more people were voting in general? I don't know, but it was weird.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

Oh my word, now she's onto her country-above-party rat-a-tat-tat patter and how she's not going to vote for Gillum

Meghan, you don't live in Florida! Who you're not going to vote for in a state where you can't vote doesn't matter.

• Love 24

Daily View statements: 

• What is Whoopi talking about? 
  • Shut up, Abby 
  • Meghan is such an asshole
  • That doesn't sound right; who's in charge of research?

Maybe I should just time-stamp the moments I say these statements during the show or keep some sort of tally.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

That was weird, right? I don't think Abby was even saying that it was a good thing, but maybe Whoopi was happy that more people were voting in general? I don't know, but it was weird.

I'm wondering if she was trying to be sarcastic?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That was my take.  But just barely did it land, because, well, it's Whoopi.  Oh and Joy said 'try to contain your enthusiasm or excitement' or something to that effect. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

My take was Whoppi was being sarcastic about "white men" (their words, not mine) voting.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

NutMeg basically saying that almost no progress was made last night with the Democrats, but her nervous tics and frantic speaking indicate she's very upset and scared to death.

Democrats made a lot of progress.  They took the House back which means they now have the power to do investigations into the Trump administration and also to thwart his agenda.  And also Wisconsin and Kansas elected Democratic governors.  Which just yesterday Jonathan Carl told us that is  huge with the census coming in 2020.  Meghan is just in denial.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

My take was Whoppi was being sarcastic about "white men" (their words, not mine) voting.

Abby was acting like it was some major revelation that white men are still largely supporting Trump, so Whoopi clapped like, "yeah, DUH!" 

• Love 9

I love how The View had to bring on ABC's Matthew Dowd, because despite the pols' daughters on the panel, they lack a real political analyst. SUCK IT MEGHAN AND ABBY.

Shoot. STRIKE TWO

45 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

And Joy is really the only one at the table I want to hear from. 

Me too, but then I was a little embarrassed for Joy that she blamed the Senate losses on gerrymandering. What's sad is that's elementary school civics shit. You can't gerrymander a state, unless you're redrawing the actual states. Oh dear. She did redeem herself a little with her point about Florida's vote to restore the vote to convicted felons.

Dowd had a good segment. I'd accept a man on the panel if it meant we could get rid of The Daughters and have someone who could add actual political analysis, rather than the partisan bullshirt and both sidesism that McCain and Huntsman bring to the table. His point about counties was instructive. I hope the Democratic Party takes note. 

44 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

That's all I can think, and is also why I think she might be high right now. That's the kind of error people make when they're stoned. They hear the part of the conversation that isn't at all the point and go with it. 

39 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby was acting like it was some major revelation that white men are still largely supporting Trump, so Whoopi clapped like, "yeah, DUH!" 

I don't think so, because she looked sheepish afterwards, and at the end of Dowd's segment she returned to her point (with which I do agree, when she's not sticking it in the wrong place).

Dowd said we have to give the Resident credit, because he motivated voters who are for and against him to come out and vote in record numbers. Whoopi finished with "That's what you're supposed to do when you vote. That's how you're supposed to do it. This is what voting is supposed to look like." I really think that's where she thought Abby was going in the opening segment, and that's why she interjected there and clapped. 

I'm glad they had Congresswoman-elect Ilhan Omar on from MN-05, but I hate when they do satellite interviews on The View. This isn't the news. Have in-person guests when you can book them, show. You're a daytime talkshow, not cable news. 

That said, I love seeing these young women in Congress, and it's great to have a Muslim woman, who is also an immigrant. I like that her message is focused on positive change. 

Is it just me, or did it seem like Meghan was calling Omar the new face of the Democratic party to frighten the bigots even more. Then she had to use her question to take a stab at Pelosi. Omar handled her beautifully, though. 

20 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Is it any surprise that Meg likes Thanksgiving over Christmas???? And did she say they fry eight (8) turkeys??????

I love both, but Thanksgiving is my personal favorite. I can't stand this screecher, but I'm sure her parents have always had a brazillion people, because her father was a long-time senator and her mother is a beer mogul and heiress. I hate the rush of Christmas. I love Christmas, but I think ushering it in even before Thanksgiving contributes to people getting sick of it. 

18 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Can I say something?

14 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Sure.....

I think @OnTime was mimicking She-Who-Will-Not-Shut-Up. 

It was pretty damned funny that ABC broke in with Trump news, right after Whoopi set up a Real Housewives of New Jersey teaser.

Wow. I didn't strike out again. No one is more surprised than I am. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Vodka is made from potatoes....

3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Does the lime juice in a margarita count?????

And wine is made from grapes.  And the olives in martinis.

1 minute ago, General Days said:

Me too, but then I was a little embarrassed for Joy that she blamed the Senate losses on gerrymandering.

I'm going to assume this was a lapse in memory for Joy. Surely she knows gerrymandering only affects district races not statewide races.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

Me too, but then I was a little embarrassed for Joy that she blamed the Senate losses on gerrymandering. What's sad is that's elementary school civics shit. You can't gerrymander a state, unless you're redrawing the actual states. Oh dear. She did redeem herself a little with her point about Florida's vote to restore the vote to convicted felons.

I think that Joy meant the districts in red states and in some Blue states as well were gerrymandered.  Pennsylvania had to redistrict their map before the midterms election. North Carolina has to redo theirs as well. It was too late to do it in time for yesterday's elections.  It is why winning governorships are important. They have a say in how the maps are drawn.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Joy meant the districts in red states and in some Blue states as well were gerrymandered.  Pennsylvania had to redistrict before the midterms election. North Carolina has to redo theirs as well. It was too late to do it in time for yesterday's elections. 

Well, but she said it when Dowd was talking about the Republicans' success in the Senate races. Speaking of how HRC won the popular vote in 2016, Dowd said, "Last night was an even bigger example of that. So Democrats won the popular vote last night, by 8 million votes, but they lose US Senate races in red areas." Then Joy said, "Because of gerrymandering."

59 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

And why must she always thank that one person in the audience that is clapping for her?

Because after all her years of being a television star, she still can't manage to be professional?   Mentions "her" producer.  Points out that on-air mistakes are producers' fault.  Can't wait for a break to make personal adjustments (clearing lipstick off teeth).   Asides to the audience.  Screeching/Interruptions. Huffing and puffing.  Death stares.  Rude to guests she doesn't agree with. Shall I go on?

• Love 18
1 hour ago, General Days said:

what is she lying/being a hypocrite about? 

Gillum was favored, and by no means a long shot. His loss was a big disappointment to his base.   Sunny knows that.  As usual, she is disingenuous and twists everything into her agenda.  YMMV

9 minutes ago, Marci said:

Gillum was favored, and by no means a long shot. His loss was a big disappointment to his base.   Sunny knows that.  As usual, she is disingenuous and twists everything into her agenda.  YMMV

What agenda? Sunny was right in my opinion. Gillum is a Black man who was running against a man who was favored by the President in Florida, a state that he won. Plus, Gillum is not a moderate Democrat trying to appeal to conservatives. Gillum is an unabashed progressive in a red state.  He may have been the sentimental favorite, but, Florida is still part of the south.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 24
14 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Meghan has stated over and over on the show that she drinks whiskey-corn liquor. So, yeah-corn.

Tequila too, right? Google informs me Tequila is made from the blue agave plant. I don't think people eat it, so I'm off topic of Meghan's fruit-and-veg intake. 

12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Mentions "her" producer.

I just want to point out Sunny did this during the episode where they showed the decorated pumpkins (I think the day before Halloweeen). It seems they do have at least one designated producer. But please carry on with the Meghan critique, because that stuff's better than candy. :)

8 minutes ago, Marci said:

I don't think Gillum was really favored until the last days. That is, my recollection was that they were running neck and neck. At least, I didn't expect either Gillum or Beto O'Rourke to win until yesterday, when I got my damned hopes up. I think they all died last night though, so I'm not in any future danger of that nonsense.

What agenda though? That's where I'm not following you. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Vodka is made from potatoes....

35 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Does the lime juice in a margarita count?????

32 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And wine is made from grapes.  And the olives in martinis.

18 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Meghan has stated over and over on the show that she drinks whiskey-corn liquor. So, yeah-corn.

Surely, French fries must count as a vegetable!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Has Meghan ever mentioned eating a fruit or vegetable?

Well, we know when they go out to eat she get the chicken parmesan not a salad,  Click-fil-a for breakfast,  Jack Daniels, Starbucks and snickers bars so the answer is NO.

• Love 11