Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/5/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish Megan would stop prognosticating about how many seats the Democrats may win tonight.  She is not a political expert by any stretch of the imagination. 

It's a safe bet any predictions she is making came from someone else.  It's not like Meghan has done her own polling.  Oh wait, I forgot she sees people with MAGA  hats at gas stations and Wal Mart so she knows.

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Nutmeg:  "It's too late.  The cast has been dyed (died?)".   Joy interjected "The die has been cast" but Meggie just ignored her. 

She is so unfamiliar with context and syntax that it probably went right over her head. If it registered at all, she wondered what Joy was babbling about and why She Was Being Interrupted.

• Love 22

Oh God. They just announced Meghan will be on the ABC panel tonight discussing the midterm results.

I thought about watching a little bit of ABC in between MSNBC and CNN. I will definitely NOT be tuning in to ABC now.

Edited by Alexis2291
Wrong wording
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

No, but she's in her Republican red. 

Regarding her assertion that Beto went too far left, other real pundits point out that centrist Dems get nowhere in TX.  Beto tried something different and is looking for the under represented voters, especially young people who are more progressive. Whether or not they bother to vote is another thing. 

Even if Beto loses, he has done something special and this race should not be this close in Texas. I have heard people from Texas who have said that Texas is really purple and not ruby red.  

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan as they're going to commercial break: "We've gotta talk about Arizona!"

Surely she doesn't vote there.  Let her talk about the politics of her current voting address.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh God. They just announced Meghan will be the ABC panel tonight discussing the poll results.

I thought about watching a little bit of ABC in between MSNBC and CNN. I will definitely NOT be tuning in to ABC now.

But if the Democratic senate candidate wins Meghan will surely have a melt down.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Nutmeg:  "It's too late.  The cast has been dyed (died?)".   Joy interjected "The die has been cast" but Meggie just ignored her. 

OMG!  ???. That is so funny!  So much for higher education.

• Love 15
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Even if Beto loses, he has done something special and this race should not be this close in Texas. I have heard people from Texas who have said that Texas is really purple and not ruby red.  

It's true.  The more urban areas like Houston and the college town of Austin are making a big difference.

• Love 14
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Oh God. They just announced Meghan will be the ABC panel tonight discussing the poll results.

I thought about watching a little bit of ABC in between MSNBC and CNN. I will definitely NOT be tuning in to ABC 

I think I may watch. I think she will be so far over her head that this my be a defining moment in the end of her "political" career. 

• Love 18

I worked with a woman who lived in DC way longer (30+ years) than she lived in her home state of Wyoming and she continued to vote in Wyoming, so, it wouldn't surprise me if Megs still votes in Arizona.  After all, Meghan is the only thing that keeps the Midwest going.

• Love 14

Pulling this over from the pinned mod note:

The best rule of thumb to remember is: Were John or Cindy McCain brought up on the show? If yes, then you may discuss them in the context in which they were mentioned. If no, then they are completely off topic.

Posts have been removed. Warnings may be on their way. Knock it off. 

3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

The best winners and the best losers do so with grace and dignity. Two characteristics that Meghan McCain lacks. Her sitting on ABC'S political panel tonight will surely be her undoing. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;) I hope that she will be revealed as a buffoon to a much larger audience than The View draws. 

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, nokat said:

I'm not sure if Arizona counts as midwest, much less privileged barbie.

Sure, we all know this, but Meghan seems to think otherwise. She said something a couple weeks ago that implied she believes AZ is in the middle of America. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Am I  hearing things or did they say Meghan is doing the ABC election night coverage??

Also Abby will be.  I am going to record it just to watch it back for laughs.

Both NutMeg and Abby today were really trying to show their pundint (sic) chops.  Instead of Nutmeg's usual childish and petulant shrieks when someone disagrees with her, she was rehearsing for her gig tonight.  Ah, but will she have her blue cards?

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, bannana said:
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Am I  hearing things or did they say Meghan is doing the ABC election night coverage??

Skip.  They are the very last people on my list that I would watch for election coverage!

Hopefully Ana will be on CCN.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

The best winners and the best losers do so with grace and dignity. Two characteristics that Meghan McCain lacks. Her sitting on ABC'S political panel tonight will surely be her undoing. 

From your lips (fingertips) ....

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

Both NutMeg and Abby today were really trying to show their pundint (sic) chops.  Instead of Nutmeg's usual childish and petulant shrieks when someone disagrees with her, she was rehearsing for her gig tonight.  Ah, but will she have her blue cards?

I suspect she will have earbuds connectedly directly to her husband so she will try to keep up that way, although her constantly looking down at blue notes would be funny. I'm sure George and the rest of the ABC political crew are really looking forward to her input. 

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

If MM is working late tonight, will she be on The View tomorrow or will we get a rest? ( Or, will she be home licking her wounds?) 

She was already positioning today for a Dem win of the house.  Last week she was shrieking at Joy and the panel when they were discussing the Oprah effect and today she was predicting a Dem win.  But then she compared to a previous administration to demonstrate that the Red loss will not be as big as the Blue loss was under Obama.

• Love 10

OH my gosh MM is on her best behavior it's almost laughable. 

She implied she's loosing either way because "the liberal way " she'd only win a margarita not a  dinner.  What that means girl is Joy will have a drink with you but she's not going to put  Steve through a dinner with you and your husband. 

• Love 18
59 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I know Sunny is only ABC's senior legal correspondent, but I would have thought she'd be chosen before Meghan for tonight's coverage.  ABC is really intent on pushing Meghan.

Don't worry, they did the same thing with Elizabeth. She tried to be a correspondent like Sara on Good morning America and she failed badly.  Viewers found her repellent, devoid of any warmth and charm. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I know Sunny is only ABC's senior legal correspondent, but I would have thought she'd be chosen before Meghan for tonight's coverage.  ABC is really intent on pushing Meghan.

Don't worry, they did the same thing with Elizabeth. She tried to be a correspondent like Sara on Good morning America and she failed badly.  Viewers found her repellent, devoid of any warmth and charm. 

Must be a blond Republican thing

• Love 14
2 hours ago, bannana said:

LOL.  I just replied to her tweet about being on tonight's panel by asking if she was going to have her blue cards prepared by her husband with her this evening.  Also said it would be nice to see her respond spontaneously to something without seeing her head down reading from comments prepared for her ahead of time.  Made me feel good.

I'm watching today's episode now and she is trying her best to impress Jonathan Karl with her supposed knowledge of all things political.  Her head continues to swell with each passing day.  Those shoes are absurd.  

I also saw on Twitter that her husband will be part of CBS' coverage this evening.  For the life of me, I can't understand how he can be on a network covering an election when he's best known for being a plagiarist.  Doesn't say much for CBS.  

• Love 24
37 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

LOL.  I just replied to her tweet about being on tonight's panel by asking if she was going to have her blue cards prepared by her husband with her this evening.  Also said it would be nice to see her respond spontaneously to something without seeing her head down reading from comments prepared for her ahead of time.  Made me feel good.

I salute you (although I'm not a veteran).

• Love 12
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She doesn't have it in her to be a gracious winner or a gracious loser.

OR...a gracious dinner partner or guest.  WHO would ever consent to dinner with Ms. and Mr. Meghan McCain?   Oh, Sadists r Us.

• Love 10

When they were talking about Idris Elba being named “Sexiest Man Alive” by People (sidebar: thanks for getting it RIGHT this year, People!), I half-expected NutMeg to start rambling, “Well I don’t care because he’s British and we don’t need to talk about him because in 1776 there was a war and we seceded blah blah blah RED WAVE!” All while clicking her American Flag heels together.

• Love 23

Please move further conversations about Meghan's participation on tonight's ABC News election coverage to her thread. And if you are planning to watch and discuss it, please read the mod note posted in her thread:

10 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

When they were talking about Idris Elba being named “Sexiest Man Alive” by People (sidebar: thanks for getting it RIGHT this year, People!), I half-expected NutMeg to start rambling, “Well I don’t care because he’s British and we don’t need to talk about him because in 1776 there was a war and we seceded blah blah blah RED WAVE!” All while clicking her American Flag heels together.

If there is a man or woman who doesn't think Idris Alba shouldn't be on the sexiest man list this year. Waves fan.

• Love 9

This thread has already been warned today about off-topic posts. People are continuing to post off-topic posts despite two mod notes. We get it, it's a big day, but we're locking the thread until tomorrow morning. Share your voting stories via PM and DO NOT take episode talk to other threads.

• Love 1

This thread is back open for business. As a reminder, who you voted for, who you didn't vote for, and what you wore while you were voting are all off topic in this thread. What is on topic is what was discussed on the show the View this week.

Also: All posts about Meghan McCain's appearance on the ABC News coverage of the election need to go in her thread unless she brings it up on the show. 

15 hours ago, nokat said:

If there is a man or woman who doesn't think Idris Alba shouldn't be on the sexiest man list this year. Waves fan.

I first saw him on the Wire.  His character was one of my favorites and it was all because of Idris.  He (the character and the actor) just oozed charisma.  And so nice to look at.

• Love 4

I hope that I won't get flagged for posting this because it hasn't been discussed on the View (The View isn't on yet!) But i just wanted to alert everyone that The View will be preempted in the Eastern and Central time zones about 30 minutes into the show today (Wednesday) because the Prez is having a press conference.  Just FYI. 

I apologize for posting misinformation. They said on GMA this morning that the President was going to have a press conference at 11:30am EST. 

Correction Correction: ABC News broke in at 10:50am EST for the press conference. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Correction
  • Love 9
On 11/6/2018 at 7:24 AM, Badbea99 said:

Between her hair with those awful extensions and that glossy crap smeared all over her lips, NutMeg is morphing into her idol, Erica Jayne, before our very eyes.  I think she's taking it way too far.  She hasn't worn her hair in braids since returning from her bereavement leave.  

She pissed me off during the Pete Davidson SNL joke discussion. She was all hot and bothered about anyone having the audasity to insult veterans, however, when it was mentioned that Pete's dad passed away on 9/11, she said something about not knowing his story and was so dismissive without offering an ounce of sympathy.  I truly believe she doesn't give a damn about anyone else's pain.  It's always all about her.  

I heard that too.  There's a member of Howard Stern's Wack Pack (his name escape me now) that says he too lost someone on 9/11.  However it was in California and of cancer.  When MM said that "we don't know the story" I was LIVID.  If you're going to reseach Pete Davidson for your blue card...the tidbit of his father being a first responder has to come up in her google search.  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

When MM said that "we don't know the story" I was LIVID.  If you're going to reseach Pete Davidson for your blue card...the tidbit of his father being a first responder has to come up in her google search.  

You give Meghan too much credit.  She didn't research Pete Davidson.  She just wanted to criticize him.  She heard the words veteran, joke, SNL and immediately went into attack mode.

Was it her or Abby that said something like well if you want to die on that hill, meaning defending making jokes about veterans?  Nobody on the panel was saying it's OK to make fun of veterans.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11