Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Get Better or Go Home

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

It doesn't have to be either or with Chadler and Rhylee.

Chandler was awful this episode but do we forget that Rhylee has had friction with several other cast members this season?

She simply doesn't accept that she's at the bottom of the pecking order and she'd likely be behaving the same way if Ross was the bosun.

13 hours ago, Mountainair said:

So, this episode we had Adrian offering up breasts massages, Ashton offering up regular massages in the back of the van after clubbing and attempting to hook up with Rhylee when she was going to sleep

Seemed like he reached down and groped or tried to.

The CC said she moaned and then Rhylee said I can't keep quiet so Ashton left.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 100Proof said:

I was, wtf.  Creepy indeed. Can apparently cook though.  Probably one of them poly-amorous types.  Sexual free spirit. Probably doesn't understand its creepy in the first place, lol

Creep makes crepes

He said he had an open relationship with his gf and said he likes the pleasures of the flesh.

Kate also speculated that based on where he's from, which according to her was wild sexually.

Hope he washes his hands before cooking.

Frequently.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, stcroix said:
On 11/7/2018 at 2:00 PM, dosodog said:

Yes!  Change Kate to a cat.  How about an elegant -almost-pure bred Siamese? (not full bred because she's got a little down and dirty to her) Name her Ti Chu.  Someone told me Ti Chu means F-You in Vietnamese ;) And I can see Kate getting off on her name being a snarky put down... but you wouldn't know it.  lo

Actually, of all of them, Josiah is a cat. I swear to god, his manner and voice is the one I mimicked for our family cat's 'voice' when I was a kid. 

• Love 5
On 11/6/2018 at 9:29 PM, dosodog said:

Kate would be a pomeranian.  High maintenance, with lots of bark, beautiful, but a lot to handle.

I think Ashton is a golden retriever. Likable, funny, tries to get along with everyone. Enjoys fetch and farting.

Rylee is a standard poodle. Smart, great hunting dog, beautiful and highly underrated. 

Ross is a Mountain Bernese. Great working dog. Loyal, but a bit standoffish. Does what needs to be done. Also likes to fart.

Chandler is a goldfish. Doesn't do much, but hang around the castle. 

Chef.  Is a Unicorn.  

Did you purposely leave Caroline out? Haha, everyone did, - what would she be?

On 11/6/2018 at 10:00 PM, dosodog said:

I stand firm on Chandler the goldfish 

I see him as more of a bottom feeder. Maybe one of those sluggy things that eats the algae off the fish tank and otherwise just sits there stuck to the side of the tank.

23 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

The only answer Chandler could and should have given was the military one "sir, no excuse, sir." He had no excuse , should have admitted there's no excuse, move on & be better. But no. He got his lashing in a cringe inducing scene and walked off mumbling "fn a**hole!" This guy...

I would’ve settled for, “because I’m a fucking idiot, sir,” as well.

18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I had forgotten about that line; but it did stand out to me when he said it. I have no issue with however Kate chooses to receive what he said. Maybe it genuinely doesn't bother her. That's okay. But I did find it gross and creepy. He's an amazing cook and I love that he never gets flustered. But he needs to keep his little sexual commentary to himself. 

He said it to or about one of the guys (Ross?) as well. I don’t think it was him  trying to be misogynistic or creepy or anything, I think he’s just social awkward and immature. Isn’t he like 23?

1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Actually, of all of them, Josiah is a cat. I swear to god, his manner and voice is the one I mimicked for our family cat's 'voice' when I was a kid. 

Lol! He’s totally a cat. Kate is too though, IMO. They can be the Siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp.

F72528B9-BC47-4F03-B408-AA08726E7340.jpeg

• Love 9

This is so wrong these days! I used to greet my 2 Siamese with "Former residents of SIAM" (from this song). And of course 'we are Siamese, if you DON'T please' buhbuhboomboom.

That's pretty much Kate and Josiah this charter...

• Love 9
20 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

I think Caroline and Kate just have a fundamental difference in personalities. I think she isn't reading Kate as being caring or sympathetic because she's not smiling, or hugging her, or talking to her overly sweetly. Kate's basically the opposite of a maternal figure. But I don't think we've ever actually seen her being so fair and compassionate to a stew before, and she seems to kinda see what we all see - that Caroline's in a fragile way mentally/emotionally in general - and she's clearly trying, but it isn't what Caroline wants. She seems to want a lot of attention and affection, which you're not often going to find from a boss, let alone Kate. She's a naturally cold, abrasive person (aka one of my people), but she's not being an asshole. We've seen that, we know what it looks like.

Kate is being fair with Caroline.  It's a sore toe.  She can walk on it.  She's getting time to rest her foot.  Caroline keeps talking about how swollen it is, but when the camera shows a shot of her foot, you really can't see any swelling.  I think her foot actually does hurt, but Caroline's response is more a culmination of all her upset, unhappiness, etc as much as it is about her toe hurting.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, queenjen said:

This is so wrong these days! I used to greet my 2 Siamese with "Former residents of SIAM" (from this song). And of course 'we are Siamese, if you DON'T please' buhbuhboomboom.

YES! A 1000 TIMES!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Kate is being fair with Caroline.  It's a sore toe.  She can walk on it.  She's getting time to rest her foot.  Caroline keeps talking about how swollen it is, but when the camera shows a shot of her foot, you really can't see any swelling.  I think her foot actually does hurt, but Caroline's response is more a culmination of all her upset, unhappiness, etc as much as it is about her toe hurting.

IKR! No swelling for something so sore. No gaping seeping ulcer from someone who is now using terms like 'necrosis' (is this what Vicki Gunvalson was like at this age?).

I also think that the most obvious thing for Kate to have said to Caroline when she discovered her wafting around, may have been cut by production. Bear with me:

*Kate ordered, in the nicest possible Kate way, Caroline into her bunk (and not out with the crew) so she could REST HER FOOT.

*The crew returns from their debauchery to find a dazed and confused Caroline haunting the MYSeanna. 

*Kate spots her and hustles her down to a guest cabin STAT. No belongings, no pee stop, nothing. 

*Caroline, who has been getting the crazy edit all episode, then breaks down and bemoans her terrible treatment.

What I think happened, is that Kate saw her and told Caroline, at the very least: "I TOLD you to stay in tonight to rest your foot! You obviously can't be trusted to keep off it, so I'm going to have to put you on total rest." Possibly followed by  "I'm now relieving you of all your duties. You are not to leave this room until your foot is healed or the end of 2 days. Whichever comes first. But if it's 2 days, you're also fired. Have a nice rest! Here's a device with Dora the Explorer I provisioned in for the next guests, in case you're bored".

I just don't understand Caroline coming so meekly. I think it was a combination of being 'busted' by Kate up and about AND being out of it on a combo of pain killers, antibiotics and possibly booze. She was acting like those people who sleepwalk when they take short acting hypnotics.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

I just don't understand Caroline coming so meekly. I think it was a combination of being 'busted' by Kate up and about AND being out of it on a combo of pain killers, antibiotics and possibly booze. She was acting like those people who sleepwalk when they take short acting hypnotics.

The other weird thing was that Rhylee had moved down into Caroline's bunk seemingly before Kate had relocated Caroline to the guest room.  It was probably a combination of editing monkeys and Rhylee being drunk, but what was going to happen when Caroline returned to their room and found Rhylee passed out in her bed?

Kate already nailed what kind of dog Caroline was - the nervous chihuahua who craps itself when someone slams a door.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Did you purposely leave Caroline out? Haha, everyone did, - what would she be?

The first post was building on Kate's talking head where she said Josiah was a show dog, impeccable, did everything right, and Caroline was a yappy little Chihuahua who gets all nervous and poops on itself (phrasing not exact).  So that poster left out both Caroline and Josiah because Kate had already set the "canon," heh.  

Edited by Jobiska
I meant "that POSTER," not "that poser," which sounded awful! ha!
  • Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, Jets4274 said:

I sincerely want to punch Chandler in his throat.  What a pompous asshole.

Everyone form a nice orderly line behind JETS4274, no pushing or shoving.

I think Caroline is going to be weirdo no matter where she works.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, queenjen said:

Ok, I always sang this to my cats too, and since I haven't seen the movie in decades, I thought I was making up the "we are Siamese if you don't please" part!  Good to know it is actually part of the song.

16 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

What is up with Caroline?

https://streamable.com/6jw5q

I'm at work (working hard! heh) and can't watch this - what does she say?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok, I always sang this to my cats too, and since I haven't seen the movie in decades, I thought I was making up the "we are Siamese if you don't please" part!  Good to know it is actually part of the song.

I'm at work (working hard! heh) and can't watch this - what does she say?

She is thanking her "pack" for support and she looks like she is under the influence of something. 

Kinda scary.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bryan was also obnoxious to Jen and every female member of the crew. They had that talk with him about how he treated women. His response was basically "ugh, these dumb bitches" and then he stomped away. Except for his appalling managerial and interpersonal interactions, I never got the sense that Bryan didn't really know or understand the technical or logistical aspects of the job. I don't think he would ever made any of the mistakes that Chandler has made like not having a decent duty schedule for the deck crew, not sending Rhylee out on the fishing trip, not leaving a single deck hand on the ship, changing radio channels without informing the captain, or leaving the ship without informing the captain. Bryan is a jerk and a misogynist, but he's not unknowledgeable. Chandler is all of those things, incompetent, and unknowledgeable.

Good call. I usually zone out during the anchor/docking drama parts of any given episode, so I can't really remember who fucked what up in seasons past -- Bryan was a much worse level of human garbage than Chandler has shown so far (it does seem like there's some sexism going along with all his many other character flaws, but he hasn't attempted to force himself on anybody yet). So for me, I'd probably rather have Chandler as the bosun of my yacht, even if it meant that it ended up sinking because he's straight up incompetent? I couldn't get through one charter with ass-chin without making him shark bait. For me, hostile work environment ranks higher.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

She’s unhinged. I don’t think she was weird on the boat because of painkillers, I think she’s just a little wacky. I’ve been on them for weeks and never acted like her. Plus, this video kinda proves she’s just nutty, unless she’s drugged here.

1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

The first post was building on Kate's talking head where she said Josiah was a show dog, impeccable, did everything right, and Caroline was a yappy little Chihuahua who gets all nervous and poops on itself (phrasing not exact).  So that poster left out both Caroline and Josiah because Kate had already set the "canon," heh.  

Thanks! I watched the episode on painkillers bc I had to have surgery for my own infection (wayyyy worse than Caroline’s...just sayin’) so I missed that somehow ??‍♀️. The whole categorization of the cast sounded very Kate-esque so I should’ve realized. (If anyone listens to Watch What Crappens the hosts have had this whole bit about everyone ignoring Caroline all season so I was going off that idea too.) 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

he’s unhinged. I don’t think she was weird on the boat because of painkillers, I think she’s just a little wacky. I’ve been on them for weeks and never acted like her. Plus, this video kinda proves she’s just nutty, unless she’s drugged here.

Not to mention she was weird before the foot thing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She is thanking her "pack" for support and she looks like she is under the influence of something. 

Kinda scary.

It's sarcastic I do believe. She must have been reading negative comments on SM. 

I didn't read it as sarcasm at all.  She seemed to be sincerely thanking her "pack" (as she identified them) and seemed to choke up when she said they are helping to keep her strong.  I'm in the camp that finds her slightly delusional.

Edited by mcjen
unnecessary comma
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, annewithaneee said:

Good call. I usually zone out during the anchor/docking drama parts of any given episode, so I can't really remember who fucked what up in seasons past -- Bryan was a much worse level of human garbage than Chandler has shown so far (it does seem like there's some sexism going along with all his many other character flaws, but he hasn't attempted to force himself on anybody yet). So for me, I'd probably rather have Chandler as the bosun of my yacht, even if it meant that it ended up sinking because he's straight up incompetent? I couldn't get through one charter with ass-chin without making him shark bait. For me, hostile work environment ranks higher.

Yeah, it's a toss up for me depending on the circumstances. They both suck so much, but in different ways. Your boat wouldn't sink, catch on fire, or crash into another boat if Bryan is the bosun, but the entire team would be at each other's throats. He's like the god of discord. However, Chandler is just straight up incompetent and a bad manager. Like if you managed to survive the season without crashing the boat or nearly getting sliced to pieces by the propeller, the entire crew minus Chandler are probably going to be super tight.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

What I think happened, is that Kate saw her and told Caroline, at the very least: "I TOLD you to stay in tonight to rest your foot! You obviously can't be trusted to keep off it, so I'm going to have to put you on total rest." Possibly followed by  "I'm now relieving you of all your duties. You are not to leave this room until your foot is healed or the end of 2 days. Whichever comes first.

Your entire post! Total agreement! Kate is being an awesome boss actually.  Caroline wanted to bitch and moan about how NOT okay she was - then she was taken off duty and still ambling around.  WTF attention whore!? She said she was raised by 2 shitty parents. I get that. I gave her like 3 episodes to show herself.  Tried to be on her side. But I can't anymore . She's a cry baby and I hate to say it, maybe she inherited the mental imbalances from her parents? She needs to go the route of Kat Held (blonde 2nd Stu of season 1) and get those anti anxiety medications STAT. Hyperventilating over her mom's email to her was NOT normal- coming from someone with experience in having a mother figure who has made me hyperventilate.

I just saw the video previous poster provided and now am convinced that Caroline is capable of murder. Adrian called her - snap.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

(If anyone listens to Watch What Crappens the hosts have had this whole bit about everyone ignoring Caroline all season so I was going off that idea too.) 

Why is there a mop vibrating on the stairwell?! OH! It's YOU, Caroline, sorry!

• Love 3

So far this season I've been reading the comments without making many of my own because I agree with most of what has been said.    However, I'd love to see more opinions about Kate.   Does everyone like her?   Is that why there aren't many posts about her?  I'm not a Kate fan - never have been and never will be.   I think she works hard but she doesn't handle her staff well and her interaction with the rest of the crew isn't great either.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

So far this season I've been reading the comments without making many of my own because I agree with most of what has been said.    However, I'd love to see more opinions about Kate.   Does everyone like her?   Is that why there aren't many posts about her?  I'm not a Kate fan - never have been and never will be.   I think she's good at her job but she doesn't handle her staff well and her interaction with the rest of the crew isn't great either.

I don't particularly like Kate either but coming off a Below Deck Med season with Hannah as Chief Stew it's going to be towards the end of the season until Kate starts really bothering me. I see little bits of it popping up here and there. She's very condescending and her relationship with Josiah is far from professional but I can't hate on her yet. She's actually working and from what we've been shown not taking 20 smoke breaks an hour. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

I don't particularly like Kate either but coming off a Below Deck Med season with Hannah as Chief Stew it's going to be towards the end of the season until Kate starts really bothering me. I see little bits of it popping up here and there. She's very condescending and her relationship with Josiah is far from professional but I can't hate on her yet. She's actually working and from what we've been shown not taking 20 smoke breaks an hour. 

Thanks.    It's good to know I'm not the only one.    I tried watching Below Deck Med but hated it so I can't offer an opinion.   I couldn't stand the Captain (Sandy??) or Hannah and think I only watched two episodes.    

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

One thing about Kate, she works. She will jump in anywhere to get it done right. And while she does throw rank around, it is usually in an "aside" and not to someones face. She lets them make that mistake all by themselves. 

I was watching some older seasons and the girl works works works. A big difference from Hannah in the Med series.

• Love 17
On 11/7/2018 at 10:43 AM, annewithaneee said:

Assuming that this was a call that Kate actually made, and not something Captain Lee had already told Caroline and Kate about and it didn't make the edit, I'd say the key difference is Kate has Lee's complete support and trust. Even if Hannah and Sandy's relationship had been typical - which it wasn't, Sandy came into the season with a major axe to grind and Hannah was well aware of it - that wouldn't have been Hannah's call to make, chief stews and bosuns seem to be managers, but ones without hiring or firing power. I think this is the first time we've ever seen Kate relay a message like that to a stew, and maybe that's because Lee had already made that decision and she was just repeating it, or he's fine with her taking that liberty since he has full confidence in her.

I think Caroline and Kate just have a fundamental difference in personalities. I think she isn't reading Kate as being caring or sympathetic because she's not smiling, or hugging her, or talking to her overly sweetly. Kate's basically the opposite of a maternal figure. But I don't think we've ever actually seen her being so fair and compassionate to a stew before, and she seems to kinda see what we all see - that Caroline's in a fragile way mentally/emotionally in general - and she's clearly trying, but it isn't what Caroline wants. She seems to want a lot of attention and affection, which you're not often going to find from a boss, let alone Kate. She's a naturally cold, abrasive person (aka one of my people), but she's not being an asshole. We've seen that, we know what it looks like.

I'm guessing it's just wanting to be on the show for longer, but it's pretty crazy she wants to stay. If I had an infected foot, and the doctor didn't know what it was, I'd be back to the US in a hurry. I've seen way too many disgusting articles about flesh-eating viruses and all kinds of fucked up parasites; if I'm traveling abroad and get an infection that can't be diagnosed, byeeeee.

"She's not being an asshole.We've seen that, we know what it looks like."

Yes. Chandler. It looks like Chandler.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

So far this season I've been reading the comments without making many of my own because I agree with most of what has been said.    However, I'd love to see more opinions about Kate.   Does everyone like her?   Is that why there aren't many posts about her?  I'm not a Kate fan - never have been and never will be.   I think she works hard but she doesn't handle her staff well and her interaction with the rest of the crew isn't great either.

I think she’s witty and smart and I value that in people I’m watching on a show more than I value kindness or whatever. She makes me laugh and I like watching her. Not sure what I’d think in actual life but I tend to get along with her type because I’m not a Caroline or Jen or Rocky or even an Amy, we’d probably get along fine. I’m sure Josiah, Kat, Captain Lee and Connie would all say she’s wonderful. She seems to get along better with people who can “hold their own” with her and work hard as well.

2 hours ago, NannyBails said:

A little late to the party, but Caroline’s video looks like she’s crazy AND under the influence!  

True, we don’t have to pick just one!

1 hour ago, missyb said:

One thing about Kate, she works. She will jump in anywhere to get it done right. And while she does throw rank around, it is usually in an "aside" and not to someones face. She lets them make that mistake all by themselves. 

I was watching some older seasons and the girl works works works. A big difference from Hannah in the Med series.

This too. It’s hard to hate on someone hating on someone they’re working with who isn’t doing their share when she’s the chief stewardess doing far more work. When she was rude to Amy I had more of a problem with her, because Amy is also a very hard worker and I think she’s a good person. I have no issues with how she’s treated most other people. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

WTF did I just watch?

She said she has necrosis?  Well then why wouldn't they have trimmed off the dead tissue and treated her?  At least throw some Vicodins at the girl.

12 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:
On 11/7/2018 at 1:23 AM, Jets4274 said:

I sincerely want to punch Chandler in his throat.  What a pompous asshole.

Everyone form a nice orderly line behind JETS4274, no pushing or shoving.

Ok, I am in line and sitting on my lawn chair with my pup tent behind me - I have room for 1 to share the tent overnight.  Bring snacks.  I have smokes, drinks and pain killers (just because).

@Rebecca - Kate is a good worker and doesn't mind working.  Hannah does not like to work.

• Love 8

I agree that Kate is the kind of team leader who expects others to work as hard as she does and has no patience for the nonsense that is Caroline. Kate wants the charters to go well for the guests, the team and for Captain Lee. I think she takes great pride in her work, and I don't see that kind of strong work ethic in Caroline.

Also, Chandler is a putz.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, AnnA said:

The way Kate treated Amy in season 2 will always sour my opinion of her as a person, they being said I do thinks she is good at her job outside of how she treats SOME of the people under her, some deserve some of it (Rocky) some do not (Amy).

• Love 4

I realize that Kate works hard and said so in my post.  She absolutely deserves credit for that.    However, unless she was working for me, being a hard worker isn't a reason to like her.   I don't think she's witty.  I think she's condescending.   She may be smart but I haven't seen her say or do anything intellectually challenging.  

• Love 6

Yeah, I wouldn't like Kate IRL. But she is fun to watch. She is sarcastic and snarky and she works hard and does some creative stuff. I just watched season 1 for the 1st time and that chick (Adrian?) was a hot mess. I felt bad for that one as she was similar to Chandler in that she just couldn't organize or manage but she wasn't a douche like Chandler. Her stews hated on her but they were very insolent and had authority issues. Chandler kinda has that too with Rylee but he seeks vengeance instead of like Adrian who seemed like a deer in headlights trying to work out what to do. And then the Med with Hannah....worst of the chief stews I have seen. Lazy and bad attitude and bad leader. Awful. But I only watched 1 season and it was when she was distracted with the relationship with the younger coworker (forget his name).

• Love 5
12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

She said she has necrosis?  Well then why wouldn't they have trimmed off the dead tissue and treated her?  At least throw some Vicodins at the girl.

Damn dude!! Anyone watching "the good doctor" can find me on those forums too! Necrosis can lead to amputation. That was the latest on that doctor drama. All from a manicure ?

It makes me feel a little more sympathy for Caroline. She is still coming across mentally unstable though. 

* And I don't think Kate is a "good person" in general. She's mean spirited and I agree she was nasty to Amy. Kate can have funny quips and GREAT work ethic. She's amazing under pressure and dealing with mean condescending individuals diplomatically b/c it doesn't rattle her whatsoever. I envy that about her. That said, she's pretty much a basic bitch in terms of: Botox= good. Skinny= good. Robotic/cold personality = good. Conventionally pretty= good.  Anyone who is not those things, can't hang with Kate. 

Give me MJ from Shah's any day. AND her self esteem is on point! 

• Love 7

good point above about Kate being able to deal with the clients. She really does know how to handle them and steps in to protect her stews. That Adrian allowed her freinds/clients to sexually harass Kat. And then went on to punish Kat for her supposed drinking on duty (after she was sexually harassed by that douche client). 

• Love 4

Kate is my favorite person on Bravo & I know that is crazy but it’s true. I like that she never gets spun up with last minute things. I think season 3 was the first season I saw & her calmness in dealing with Leon amazed me. That time she asked for brownies for the guests & he had turned off the oven? Her response was perfect “ok can you turn it back on?”  I also am not a person who panics at last minute issues-just solve the problem-hysteria never helps. I find her witty. I also think I excuse her faults because they are similar to mine. I’m kind of a cold uptight bitch sometimes & I can’t stand laziness.

I agree she was a complete dick to Amy-a dream stew.  And I’ll hang with MJ too. 

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, jmcd44 said:

Kate is my favorite person on Bravo & I know that is crazy but it’s true. I like that she never gets spun up with last minute things. I think season 3 was the first season I saw & her calmness in dealing with Leon amazed me. That time she asked for brownies for the guests & he had turned off the oven? Her response was perfect “ok can you turn it back on?”  I also am not a person who panics at last minute issues-just solve the problem-hysteria never helps. I find her witty. I also think I excuse her faults because they are similar to mine. I’m kind of a cold uptight bitch sometimes & I can’t stand laziness.

I agree she was a complete dick to Amy-a dream stew.  And I’ll hang with MJ too. 

Kate is my fave as well. Her talking heads are hilarious and I love her tweets and instagram. I didn't know about her vintage shop until the previous post. I also love that she has been trying to convince Captain Lee to bring a crew dog for morale along on charters.

Captain Lee is right up there in my top 5 Bravo peeps.

This show beats all other Bravo. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lamima said:

Yeah, I wouldn't like Kate IRL. But she is fun to watch. She is sarcastic and snarky and she works hard and does some creative stuff. I just watched season 1 for the 1st time and that chick (Adrian?) was a hot mess. I felt bad for that one as she was similar to Chandler in that she just couldn't organize or manage but she wasn't a douche like Chandler. Her stews hated on her but they were very insolent and had authority issues. Chandler kinda has that too with Rylee but he seeks vengeance instead of like Adrian who seemed like a deer in headlights trying to work out what to do. And then the Med with Hannah....worst of the chief stews I have seen. Lazy and bad attitude and bad leader. Awful. But I only watched 1 season and it was when she was distracted with the relationship with the younger coworker (forget his name).

I hated Adrienne. I see the comparison to Ashton like you mentioned but I do think Adrienne was a bit of a douche in her own way. She allowed her ‘friends’ to sexual harass Kat and then was unsupportive about the whole thing. Sam definitely had out of line moments but Adrienne did herself no favors with her own behavior, IMO. Hannah sucks too, I’ve never liked her. Maybe this is why I’m biased towards Kate, she’s the only chief stewardess I’ve liked.

4 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

That said, she's pretty much a basic bitch in terms of: Botox= good. Skinny= good. Robotic/cold personality = good. Conventionally pretty= good.  Anyone who is not those things, can't hang with Kate. 

I don’t think Kyle is very many of those things and she liked him a lot. Connie too, they’re actually friends “irl.”

1 hour ago, jmcd44 said:

Kate is my favorite person on Bravo & I know that is crazy but it’s true. I like that she never gets spun up with last minute things. I think season 3 was the first season I saw & her calmness in dealing with Leon amazed me. That time she asked for brownies for the guests & he had turned off the oven? Her response was perfect “ok can you turn it back on?”

I agree, she’s probably my favorite too. I also loved that response to Leon. ? 

46 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Captain Lee is right up there in my top 5 Bravo peeps.

This show beats all other Bravo. 

I agree with this too. I don’t know why there are people who hate on this show so much - several podcasts I listen to have ripped on it and called it boring.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2018 at 2:52 PM, biakbiak said:

Chandler has to be the worst bosun on any season and that’s including that awful douche on the first season of Med.

I agree. There's been assholes. There's been incompetent boobs. He manages to be both. 

On 11/8/2018 at 12:14 AM, langford peel said:

i think Chef Unicorn is a skinny Louie Anderson.

Ummmmm.....YES!!??!

• Love 3
On 11/6/2018 at 9:04 PM, TexasGal said:

Caroline, as she’s being tucked into a guest bed after a day of no work, is crying about how she’s being treated.  What the what now?!  

Could Chandler BE any worse?

I think she was upset she couldn't sneak off for cigarettes.  As I understand it, that is how she got caught walking around the first time.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, AnnA said:

I love Kate. I think she's a hard worker and hilarious. But I tend to always like the people from Bravo shows that no one else does (see Bethenny and Erika Jane). She's not perfect by any means; but I probably relate to her better than any of the other people. And she makes for good tv. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I love Kate. I think she's a hard worker and hilarious. But I tend to always like the people from Bravo shows that no one else does (see Bethenny and Erika Jane). She's not perfect by any means; but I probably relate to her better than any of the other people. And she makes for good tv. 

Funny, I cannot stand Bethenny or Erika, but I loooove Kate. I'm so conflicted.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lamima said:

I just watched season 1 for the 1st time and that chick (Adrian?) was a hot mess. I felt bad for that one as she was similar to Chandler in that she just couldn't organize or manage but she wasn't a douche like Chandler. Her stews hated on her but they were very insolent and had authority issues. Chandler kinda has that too with Rylee but he seeks vengeance instead of like Adrian who seemed like a deer in headlights trying to work out what to do. And then the Med with Hannah....worst of the chief stews I have seen. Lazy and bad attitude and bad leader. Awful. But I only watched 1 season and it was when she was distracted with the relationship with the younger coworker (forget his name).

Wasn't third stew Sam the worst?? Quite an unearned mouth on that one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

57 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Funny, I cannot stand Bethenny or Erika, but I loooove Kate. I'm so conflicted.

This is funny.    I can't stand Erika but I love Bethenny.  I don't hate Kate but I don't like her either.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, missyb said:

Wasn't third stew Sam the worst?? Quite an unearned mouth on that one.

She was. And we never heard from her again. I’d like to think it’s because she was embarrassed by her behavior but she seems to be the type to still think she was right. I also never understand why she was considered pretty and even less how she was cocky about it...all I ever saw was a plain looking girl with a huge chin and an even huger chip on her shoulder. She had a terrible personality. That season was full of terrible personalities- Adrienne, Sam, Aleks (that fucking spelling!), fucking CJ (ugggghhh). It would’ve been interesting to see Kate deal with all that. I also would like to see Adrienne work under Kate and see how that would go. Hannah too.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, jumper sage said:

WTF did I just watch?

Ok, I am in line and sitting on my lawn chair with my pup tent behind me - I have room for 1 to share the tent overnight.  Bring snacks.  I have smokes, drinks and pain killers (just because).

@Rebecca - Kate is a good worker and doesn't mind working.  Hannah does not like to work.

She said on Twitter that it was neuropathy!!!

• Love 1