Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E09: Week 7: Country Night

• Start Topic

Everyone keeps talking about the rabid Bachelorette Nation voting for Joe, but seriously? He was on for about five minutes. I know he was on BIP too, but how can anyone come out of that shit show with this many fans? I am totally flummoxed by his popularity - he is an ok looking doofus with no personality and zero ability to dance. Juan Pablo is better looking and has way more charisma - why on earth would you vote for Joe before him on this show even if you're just voting for a hot guy?!?

This season has been ruined for me by these idiots going waaaaaay past their expiration date, and that doesn't even take into account the fact that Alexis and Alan's not real romance that makes me want to gouge my eyes and ears out.........

• Love 15

Glad Evanna was safe.  Out of the three, she was the best dancer.  However, I was worried that DeMarcus would have the votes because of Dallas Cowboy fans.  It should have been Joe and Bobby gone but that's been the case all season.

Bobby is probably complaining about his scores on social media.  He didn't look too happy especially since they were lower than last week.  His technique is terrible.  I wanted to fix it especially his posture/frame.  He shouldn't complain because there was so much pimping going on.  It's country night and there were so many big name stars that were shown and rooting for him.  I wouldn't be surprised if he won at this point.  Sharna hasn't won but ugh that it has to be Bobby.

Alexis was good at samba but she's lucky that it was country night.  Her style of dancing is always cutesy or lovely.  So if it was Latin night or something like that, I would want my samba to be hot and fierce. 

At this point, I just want Evanna to make it to the finals even though both females are probably going home next week.  Still hoping that Milo wins this terrible season.

The first team was better but I agree with those that the table part reminded me of Night Before Christmas.  Then I remembered how great Hayes was in that routine.  It did look like Sharna and Allison choreographed that routine so since Sharna was also in this team, I can see her reusing choreography.  It was a lot more synchronized and simple.  I agree with CAI that there was too much going on with the second team choreography.  LOL at Joe just riding a bull for his solo.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Everyone keeps talking about the rabid Bachelorette Nation voting for Joe, but seriously? He was on for about five minutes. I know he was on BIP too, but how can anyone come out of that shit show with this many fans? I am totally flummoxed by his popularity - he is an ok looking doofus with no personality and zero ability to dance. Juan Pablo is better looking and has way more charisma - why on earth would you vote for Joe before him on this show even if you're just voting for a hot guy?!?

This season has been ruined for me by these idiots going waaaaaay past their expiration date, and that doesn't even take into account the fact that Alexis and Alan's not real romance that makes me want to gouge my eyes and ears out.........

To me Joe is easily the least hottest dude out of this bunch, so I just don't understand the fascination with him at all. Demarcus, Juan Pablo, and John Schneider are all yummy, and two of those are gone, so I don't think it's a matter of the hottest guy winning.  I have a feeling JP will either be a surprise elimination next week or will be in jeopardy. 

• Love 3
Just now, boyznkatz said:

To me Joe is easily the least hottest dude out of this bunch, so I just don't understand the fascination with him at all. Demarcus, Juan Pablo, and John Schneider are all yummy, and two of those are gone, so I don't think it's a matter of the hottest guy winning.  I have a feeling JP will either be a surprise elimination next week or will be in jeopardy. 

^This Joe does nothing for him physically or personality wise but I guess I could see how other women may find him attractive but he def. is not my type. Demarcus was byfar the most attractive man to me this season. I think Juan is attractive but I dont like him clean shaven. I think John is nicelooking for his age. Bobby no comment and I cant believe some fans think Sharna has the hots for him, LMAO.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Bobby no comment and I cant believe some fans think Sharna has the hots for him, LMAO.

Really??? LMAO she looks like she can't wait to get away from him the minute the show ends.

He's attractive (I like glasses on dudes) but his personality is annoying as shit.

• Love 8
Just now, boyznkatz said:

Really??? LMAO she looks like she can't wait to get away from him the minute the show ends.

He's attractive (I like glasses on dudes) but his personality is annoying as shit.

Bobby aint attractive to me. His hair always looks like a damn dog has licked through it and he just looks slouchy. Maybe he start acting his age and stand up straight every once in awhile and get a damn makeover, he may be ok.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, tedd said:

joe is a bug that can’t be killed. he is the bristol palin of this season. 

A great comparison, although at least Joe is there for his own "fame" (he's definitely not the first reality star here with no other talent) while Bristol was only there because she was related to someone polarizing/famous.

• Love 2

I just rewatched the dances I really liked...Milo and John's...and the team dances. I really liked the first team dance the best and no one rode a bull in that one for their solo!!!! The music for each dance does make a difference which is why 9-5 stood out, along with Thank God I'm a Country Boy. I'm not up on most of the new country so most of the songs were new to me(of course, Can't Help Falling In Love was well known no matter who sings it!).

Now I have a question...Part of why I thought last night was a bit fragmented was because of the live singers...has anyone been to a show when this happened? What do the dancers do while the camera is on the live singer? Having the singers on took away from the flow of the dancing....wish they hadn't had them live so we could see a complete dance with no interruptions.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, suebee12 said:

Having the singers on took away from the flow of the dancing....wish they hadn't had them live so we could see a complete dance with no interruptions.

Yeah, that kinda bugged me, too. Surely, at the very least, they could've found a way to get both the singers and the couple dancing in the same shot so we wouldn't miss part of the dances. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, realdancemom said:

LOL at Joe just riding a bull for his solo.

It looked a couple times like Joe was going to slide off that bull, which made me watch him closer during that "solo," and I was thinking even though the bull was on its slowest/easiest speed, it would have been golden if he HAD fallen off.

I'm rooting for Evanna. Not that anyone listens to me.

I, too, wondered about the closeups on the singers while contestants were dancing. WTHeck was that about. Maybe someone's shoes fell off or there was a costume malfunction or something that they couldn't show. Who knows. The camera work on this show leaves a lot to be desired, even on good days.

• Love 8

Bobby Bones survives another week? I don't get it. His dancing is meh and he doesn't emote through the dancing. I was expecting him and the Bachelor guy  (Joe? I keep on forgetting his name) to be eliminated this week.

• Love 6

I think Joe is killing it in the votes more than past Bachelor contestants because he’s single. (I know he’s dating but not coming out engaged like all the others have when coming on the show). There are some demented folks who are obsessed with his singleness and want him for themselves. Not saying all but...

He seems pretty normal and average so I don’t get what all the hubbub is about personally. 

• Love 3

There's a certain type of completely harmless somewhat helpless male who appeals to young women because they can project on him so easily and because he's spineless enough to be changed (which, IMO, a ridiculous percentage of women seem to feel is the goal of a relationship with a man).  I feel Joe is one of those.

Edited by crowceilidh
end bracket
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I agree. I've been rewatching their team dance (because it's probably one of the better team dances that I've seen) and Bobby wasn't great. During his solo moment with Sharna, he messed up a couple of the moves. Didn't Carrie Ann say that he was the MVP of that dance or something? I totally tuned her out once she put MVP and Bobby side by side, but I would say that Evanna was MVP. 

I like country music, and just recently got back into it, so I'm pleased to have recognized half the songs. 

I'm glad Evanna has made it this far, but I honestly don't see a scenario where she makes it to the finale, since this season hates me. With her being in the bottom a couple of times now, and with Joe/Bobby's fanbases being wild when it comes to voting, Evanna's going to go next week and it's going to suck. 

I really don't get it. I've heard more about Joe from here than I did during his season on The Bachelorette (a grand total of...one episode, I believe?). I'm sure he's a decent guy and all, but poor guy can't dance. Maybe with a better partner, he could have genuinely shown some more progress, but Jenna doesn't seem to be a good teacher, or she doesn't have the patience. 

However, still liking him better than Bobby so....if we're stuck with Joe to the finale, at least have him place higher than Bobby. I'd love to see the stink face on Bobby when he realizes that a shitty dancer finished higher than him. 

This show needs to stop praising not even just Bobby, but Juan Pablo to the high heavens. I like Juan Pablo and have grown a deeper appreciation for him, which will help me tolerate his character on Fuller House when that show comes back, but his dances are just so-so for me. I don't connect with him when he dances, which is very odd, since he can dance.

At this point, I'm rooting for Milo and Evanna. 

I honestly wonder if she drinks before the show when she says stuff like that! She did say it and I almost fell out of my chair.

I agree that Evanna was the MVP; she held her own with the female pros in a routine that was much more complex.

As much as I love Len, his obsession with Alexis baffles me. When he said Alexis was able to hang with the female pros, but didn’t give Evanna the same compliment, it really pissed me off. It’s not even about gender for me when I watch this show; I like the ones I like. Alexis can go home any time, but I can recognize her talent. I just wish that Len would’ve complimented Evanna as well because she really was able to hang with her team’s pros.

I’m voting for Evanna each week and also using all of my votes for her. For everyone here that says they’d like to see her in the finals, but can’t imagine it, then everyone should take a few minutes and vote for her! Hit redial after the initial call and make a difference. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I’m voting for Evanna each week and also using all of my votes for her. For everyone here that says they’d like to see her in the finals, but can’t imagine it, then everyone should take a few minutes and vote for her! Hit redial after the initial call and make a difference. 

I'm on the west coast and the show is already over (taped) when I watch. How long is the voting open?

16 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I'm on the west coast and the show is already over (taped) when I watch. How long is the voting open?

Until 4am EST the next day. 

I’m on the west coast too, so at 5pm-ish, I start voting for Evanna. My votes still go through AND I get to hear Tom say “Thank you for voting for Evanna and Keo. Be sure to tune in next week for __________.”

I’m one who usually has a favorite or two each season, so I create a new contact in my phone and never have to worry about remembering a phone number. 

It’s quite convenient if you’re a person who votes via phone.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Bridget said:

As much as I love Len, his obsession with Alexis baffles me. When he said Alexis was able to hang with the female pros, but didn’t give Evanna the same compliment, it really pissed me off. It’s not even about gender for me when I watch this show; I like the ones I like. Alexis can go home any time, but I can recognize her talent. I just wish that Len would’ve complimented Evanna as well because she really was able to hang with her team’s pros.

He did the same thing with Tinashe. Tinashe and Alexis would basically have the same dances each week except for one and it would take nothing for him to say something awesome about Alexis but it was like pulling teeth for him to say anything about Tinashe. Alexis has been his pick from the start with the ladies which is weird to me because Len usually favorites the older women over younger but Alexis must remind him of some of his young flings he had when was younger or something but it bugs the mess out of me. I dont even think she is that great of dancer. 

5 hours ago, realdancemom said:

However, I was worried that DeMarcus would have the votes because of Dallas Cowboy fans.

I read where Dallas didn't get to see DWTS until early in the morning. I think it was due to football. Talk about irony. I think this is why DeMarcus may have left last night. Not everyone is a die hard DWTS watcher like most of us here. So there is the out of sight, out of mind that was probably going on with people that do not completely follow everything that is DWTS. So they just forgot to vote.  Just my guess. 

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Perhaps there's lots of people pulling for the underdog(Joe) , or it could be that a lot of people are sick of this suckfest show and just want it to be cancelled so a new show more interesting or entertaining can be aired. 

I'd like them to do one more all star season, round robin style, where they change pro parters every week. Then the show can get canceled. 

7 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I hope for Alexis sake this showmance is fake because aint noway would I be spilling out my feelings for man on national tv and u dont even know how he feels about u. She is super young so I guess I give her somewhat of pass but damn girl get some respect for urself. Even if this is fake, I wouldnt want be looked at being stupid  and kinda desperate on national tv.

If this showmance isn’t fake I’d be really surprised. After this week’s show when Alan revealed his “feelings”, the only none vote for me insta post she made was her out to dinner with Milo and 2 of his friends. 

1 hour ago, BeeBop88 said:

I read where Dallas didn't get to see DWTS until early in the morning. I think it was due to football. Talk about irony. I think this is why DeMarcus may have left last night. Not everyone is a die hard DWTS watcher like most of us here. So there is the out of sight, out of mind that was probably going on with people that do not completely follow everything that is DWTS. So they just forgot to vote.  Just my guess. 

And this is where the difference lies between rabid fans and the fans of celebs who watch the show and casually vote. The rabid fans like those of Bobby and Joe don't actually need to see the show...they do NOT forget to vote.  They are invested. The voting number is programmed into their phone.  You better believe that if the show was pre-empted in Nashville Bobby would still have his voting number being retweeted all night by all his many, many radio friends.

• Love 5
Just now, emcmac87 said:

If this showmance isn’t fake I’d be really surprised. After this week’s show when Alan revealed his “feelings”, the only none vote for me insta post she made was her out to dinner with Milo and 2 of his friends. 

SMH, well folks, there u have it. I mean she is always with Milo.

20 minutes ago, emcmac87 said:

lol, yup saw that. And the funny thing is she did a Q&A thing in her Instagram Story, where she thanked someone who said they voted for her and said she'd post the number to vote for them but I barely remember seeing it. The most she did was repost a number of stories from people saying how great they did last night. But nothing on her feed and of course the last story is, like you said, her out with Milo and no Alan, the supposed new man in her life. This whole thing is just so weird.  Like if you're going to go to such painfully awkward desperate lengths to stay in the competition, wouldn't it just be easier to also push for your fans to vote on your platform of millions of followers? Meanwhile, Milo is all about Team Witlo on HIS social media and constantly posts about him and Witney and the show and asking people to vote. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

I guess Evanna, Juan and Milo r the only sane ones left in the competition. Joe cant dance to save his ass, Bobby cant really dance and annoying as hell and Alexis is just plain weird and desperate.  Yep, this season will go down as one of the worse. Worse dancers going into the semi and finals and worse showmance ever.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Evanna winning at this point does seem pretty dim but since this is the season of surprises on top of surprises on top of surprises, then anything is possible.  I guess getting Evanna to the finals is good enough and finally getting to see a keo freestyle. I know keo doesnt have alot of fans on here but I think most of us can admit this has been his best season. He has improved so much as a choreographer, mentor/teacher and just overall pro. Sometimes it just takes that certain partner. Some pros can work with anyone and bring magic but for others esp. keo he just needs that one to just bring out his true talent. I think back to what Keo said in week 1 regarding Evanna, that he was going to turn her into a dancer and my Godly didnt he. He kept his word and now this girl is going into the semifinals as a dancer.

This is the first time Keo went far enough with a capable partner to develop as a choreographer, mentor/teacher for TV.  I alway felt most of the US champions had mentors here to help with choreography during their early years on DWTS.

• Love 1

Let me start by saying that I hope that Joe and Bobby are the two that are eliminated.

John-That was fun.  I like that he's enjoying himself, and I hope he stays longer than the two mentioned above.

Evanna-Hmm. Technically, it looked good, but I didn't really get the "sexy rumba" vibe from it. 

Juan Pablo-Damn, he's good! He should be a lock for the finals.

Joe-OMG, can he just please be gone already! Using all those lights doesn't disguise how bad he is.

Milo-Overall, pretty good, but at times he had a "deer in the headlights" look, and I could tell that he was counting the steps in his head. His song was cute.

DeMarcus-He seems like a really nice guy, but it was smooth in places and choppy in others. I would have given him 8s.

Alexis-That was a really good dance. I'm kind of thrown off by the personal stuff, though. If it's real, good for them-they make a cute couple. If it's just a showmance, then ugh, just stop.

Bobby-Why, oh why does he get the pimp spot?! This was probably his best dance so far, but it still wasn't that good.

Team Haynow-I liked it. It was fun. There were a couple of places that weren't in sync, though(Bobby, I'm looking at you...)

Team Joedown-Um, wow. And I don't mean that in a good way. Juan Pablo and Alexis were great, DeMarcus was ok, and Joe-just, no.

On to watching the results...

• Love 3

What in the ever-loving hell!? What will it take to get Bobby and Joe out of there?! Ugh!

On 11/5/2018 at 9:10 PM, Sister Havana said:

It's going to be Joe and Bobby as the final two, isn't it? 

God, I hope not! If it is, I won't be watching!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I haven't voted in years, but I think I'm going to vote next week for everyone except those two buffoons.

I have to admit that I've never voted before this season, but I did vote (and threw all of my votes to John and Emma) this season to try to keep them there over Bobby and Joe. Unfortunately, it didn't work. :(

• Love 1
12 hours ago, alexa said:

I thought it was sad to hear about John's divorce.  Whenever it impacts the relationship with the children, it makes it a lot harder.  I don't completely get it though as it sounds like they are adult children and should be able to understand that the parent's relationship doesn't completely impact them.  Most of the news articles I saw referenced money being the key issue right now.  She wants continued alimony and he can't afford it. 

She's the one who filed for divorce, and she wants $19,000 a month in alimony. The kids are adults. 

14 hours ago, spanana said:

Usually by the time we get to the finals, one of the better dancers will overtake the crappier dancer for the win.  I do think sometimes people that don't vote all season will wake up to vote for the finale and/or fans of those already eliminated will sometimes come together to keep X undeserving person from winning.  Also usually the judges can score the Joe types down enough that the better person just needs to get the same amount of votes to win.  Unfortunately this season with the finale all happening on one night and not two, that will be made all the harder since there will be no second night fusion to score down after the votes are already in.

But there will be no voting on the final Monday night.  The last vote will be Monday 11/12 after the semi-finals dances.  Presumably the freestyles will be on the last night but only the judges will get to score them.  Then they'll announce the winner and that will be that.

Speaking of freestyles, I hope Keo is working with someone to develop some unique choreography.  His choreography in the past has been somewhat dull and I'd like to see Evanna at least have a fighting chance.

Then again, I haven't heard any of the pros mention freestyles yet.  I believe the pros normally start working on them 2-3 weeks prior to the finale.  I wonder if the production geniuses might skip the freestyles (which often involve a lot of stage production) and just have fusion dances instead.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kira53 said:

This is the first time Keo went far enough with a capable partner to develop as a choreographer, mentor/teacher for TV.  

Not exactly true. He got as far with Jodie Sweetin and she was more than capable. In fact, his partnership with Jodie is what exposed Keo's weaknesses as a teacher/choreographer. Because before her, many of his fans could rely on the, "he keeps getting the old, challenged, etc. contestants and so he isn't given a chance to show what he can do". Jodie was that chance and it exposed a lot of weaknesses on his part. So much so that he was sent back to the troupe the following season. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Not exactly true. He got as far with Jodie Sweetin and she was more than capable. In fact, his partnership with Jodie is what exposed Keo's weaknesses as a teacher/choreographer. Because before her, many of his fans could rely on the, "he keeps getting the old, challenged, etc. contestants and so he isn't given a chance to show what he can do". Jodie was that chance and it exposed a lot of weaknesses on his part. So much so that he was sent back to the troupe the following season. 

In defense of keo, yes he stuggled quite a bit with teaching and choreograph in the beginning but I feel like this season he is finally becoming into his own. He admitted he has been studying and practicing alot outside of dwts so he can grow and I respect that. I think he realized what he lacked and came back this season on fire and ready to create magic. I remember how badly Maks treated him during that season too with Jodie and Maks had no right to attack Keo when the only way Maks could win the show was with a bonafied ringer and showmance.  By the way, Keo  didnt come beggin for this job, they came beggin for him because needed to more diversity on the pro side. So the show needed him more than he ever needed the show.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

She's the one who filed for divorce, and she wants $19,000 a month in alimony. The kids are adults. 

Alimony can go beyond children. Its different than child support. U can pay spousal alimony forever esp. if the ex is disable and cant work or not making sufficient income. I don't know her condition but yeah alimony can go beyond the children.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, vdw84 said:

In defense of keo, yes he stuggled quite a bit with teaching and choreograph in the beginning but I feel like this season he is finally becoming into his own. He admitted he has been studying and practicing alot outside of dwts so he can grow and I respect that. I think he realized what he lacked and came back this season on fire and ready to create magic. I remember how badly Maks treated him during that season too with Jodie and Maks had no right to attack Keo when the only way Maks could win the show was with a bonafied ringer and showmance.  By the way, Keo  didnt come beggin for this job, they came beggin for him because needed to more diversity on the pro side. So the show needed him more than he ever needed the show.

For the record I'm not disagreeing that he has done a lot better with Evanna. And I completely agree about the way he was treated during the Jodie season. While I didn't love his work with her, I thought the judges, particularly Len, were at times particularly harsh and rude to him.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

For the record I'm not disagreeing that he has done a lot better with Evanna. And I completely agree about the way he was treated during the Jodie season. While I didn't love his work with her, I thought the judges, particularly Len, were at times particularly harsh and rude to him.

I have to commend  keo, He has been slapped around by the show for awhile now but he would take it all in stride. He would go back to the troupe if had to and continue to grow. No matter what happen to him, rather it what his fault or whoever fault, he never once went out and trash the show (alas Maks) but has always just did what he had to do.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

Voting (both phone and online) is open from the start of the East Coast broadcast (8pm EST/ 5pm PST) until 4am EST/1am PST Tuesday.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, marykat71702 said:

In California that's pretty much a typical salary for professionals. If they live there, it's not unreasonable.

I don't know what his financial situation is, but if she was a housewife and never worked it sounds plausible.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

There's a certain type of completely harmless somewhat helpless male who appeals to young women because they can project on him so easily and because he's spineless enough to be changed (which, IMO, a ridiculous percentage of women seem to feel is the goal of a relationship with a man).  I feel Joe is one of those.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

• Love 1

I think DWTS will be in trouble if he makes the finals. There has been outrage in the past over certain dancers reaching a certain point, but I’ve never seen it to this extent with Joe.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, lavenderblue said:

Wouldn't DeMarcus's result have been based on the votes from last week, not during this week's live show, or am I misunderstanding how voting works this season (not unlikely)?

You are correct...this season, starting after the second week, the results have been previous Monday's votes + judges' scores from the current Monday show. 

This is the first season they have ever used this format (probably to eventually end up accommodating the rumored one-night finale) and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, it seems more fair to combine the scores and votes from the same night's performance, even if the result is revealed a week later. On the other hand, if you are the eliminated couple, at least your current Monday's performance counted for something (whereas in the other format, your current performance is just an exhibition number).

On the third hand, if there is only a one-night finale, I don't like that we would not be getting a full final voting period to determine the winner.

What do you all think?

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, calipiano81 said:

On the third hand, if there is only a one-night finale, I don't like that we would not be getting a full final voting period to determine the winner.

What do you all think?

I think this entire season is a mess. There have been other seasons where the cast announcement left me meh but the season turned out to be great.....however, this is not one of them. I've found this season to be extremely boring and it almost seems like they're making stuff up as they go along. From two dances in Week 1 to no elimination on Disney night to this one-night finale, I just have no idea what they're doing. I suspect it's the new show runner trying to mix things up, but it just isn't working....much like the mini athletes season didn't work. 

They really need to go back to basics. Forget all these kids who live for showmances and want to see a freestyle every week. Bring back some of the original pros, get rid of the elaborate sets and allowing the troupe to be in the dances (or preferably, get rid of the trouple altogether). Bring back the pro dances to big name musical artists who need a push for a new CD or tour. Bring back the Tuesday night show so we aren't rushed through each elimination -- I kinda miss the red spotlight of doom -- and so the eliminated couples actually get their five minutes in the spotlight. And one of my biggest pet peeves...please make ALL the celebs go upstairs to talk to Erin and make them go right to her, not stop to hug and high five everyone in the freakin' skybox! That drives me insane, as does Tom doing the interviews down at the judge's table.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I think this entire season is a mess. There have been other seasons where the cast announcement left me meh but the season turned out to be great.....however, this is not one of them. I've found this season to be extremely boring and it almost seems like they're making stuff up as they go along. From two dances in Week 1 to no elimination on Disney night to this one-night finale, I just have no idea what they're doing. I suspect it's the new show runner trying to mix things up, but it just isn't working....much like the mini athletes season didn't work. 

They really need to go back to basics. Forget all these kids who live for showmances and want to see a freestyle every week. Bring back some of the original pros, get rid of the elaborate sets and allowing the troupe to be in the dances (or preferably, get rid of the trouple altogether). Bring back the pro dances to big name musical artists who need a push for a new CD or tour. Bring back the Tuesday night show so we aren't rushed through each elimination -- I kinda miss the red spotlight of doom -- and so the eliminated couples actually get their five minutes in the spotlight. And one of my biggest pet peeves...please make ALL the celebs go upstairs to talk to Erin and make them go right to her, not stop to hug and high five everyone in the freakin' skybox! That drives me insane, as does Tom doing the interviews down at the judge's table.

Tbh, im sure none of the original pros r trying to come back. I think they have moved on tbh. Im fine with the pro lineup, they just need to get rid of Gleb on guys side. He is wasted space and pretty much not well-liked. I think they need to go back to tuesday night results as well, this will give the couples even a more of chance to allow themselves to connect more with audience by showing bts interviews and stuff like they use to do. They need a danceoff for the bottom two as well, I think that would stop alot of unnecessary eliminations. Bring in the 1, 2, 3 paddles atleast the 3 paddles. Give new pros an introduction like they use to so they can familiarize themselves with the voting public. Most importantly start assigning the appropriate music to the dance.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Tbh, im sure none of the original pros r trying to come back. I think they have moved on tbh.

Clearly you've never seen interviews with pros like Tony, Edyta, Anna and Louis who have all expressed interest in doing the show again. Yes, they've all moved onto other things and might not be looking to come back full time but there's no reason they can't rotate original pros in with current pros, much like they've been doing with Cheryl the past few years.

• Love 5
Just now, Toonces464 said:

Clearly you've never seen interviews with pros like Tony, Edyta, Anna and Louis who have all expressed interest in doing the show again. Yes, they've all moved onto other things and might not be looking to come back full time but there's no reason they can't rotate original pros in with current pros, much like they've been doing with Cheryl the past few years.

I wasnt aware they wanted to comeback. Tbh, I think the show don't consider Tony, Edyta, Anna and Louis view drawers. Cheryl is a veteran pro but she is still highly popular. I was never really a fan of Anna's work, I find her rather boring pro. Tony is kinda the same way, nothing about his work stands out to me even when was given ringers. I think Louis is a great dancer and he can choreograph his ass off if given a great partner. I remember his work with Monique, their jive is still one of the most if not hardest jives to ever be done on the show. I would love to see him back but they pro. think because he is an older pro, he was draw any viewers. Wouldnt mind having Dmitry back, another underrated pro whose choreography was mindblowing. Handsdown the best salsa ever performed on dwts imo.

Edited by vdw84
  • Love 1