Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Puzzle Club and a Closet Party

paulvdb

“Did it get awkward because he’s dead, or because I’m talking about my sex life?”  That is such an accurate reflection of how a group of people who routinely discuss sex react to the reminder that older women have it off, too.  It’s different, more work, and less frequent, but it happens.  People have issues with that.

Bonnie inviting Marjorie to come over and hang out and then immediately regretting it, but sticking to it, was nice.  I could do without Tammy in the mix, but I didn’t mind her there, either.  Marjorie playing the widow and cancer card at once was great, and Tammy living with her could be a better-balanced use of Tammy, so I think that's a good idea.

Jill’s reaction to the suggestion she get a job was great.  I love how she fell into volunteering, and hope they keep that up.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, LadyKenobi said:

I was sooooo coveting both Jill’s and Bonnie’s beautiful sweaters!

Me, too! I want those sweaters and I live in Florida, Ha! I would get to wear them maybe 3 days a year....

I liked Tammy in this episode and the solution of her living with Margie is a good one. 

No Adam! It's not that I dislike him, I just like Bonnie more when she is without him.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I know I’m in the minority (maybe a minority of one) but I love Tammy.  More specifically, I love Kristen Johnston, ever since Third Rock.  She makes me laugh out loud at almost every line.

I haven't been thrilled with her character previously, but I thought she actually worked in this episode.  With her living with Marjorie, we won't see her as much, which probably would make me appreciate her more.  She has been funny in parts.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, CatsAndMoreCats said:

"I have nine cats AND a puzzle club. My life is awesome!"

Best. Line. EVER.

After near-weekly jabs at Marjorie's abundance of cats, it was really fun to have someone react with sheer glee to learning how many there are.

• Love 17

I loved everything about this episode, especially Jill finding purpose (hopefully). I loved the woman at the shelter and how she explained what the clothing would be good for. It felt like a backdoor PSA to donate business clothing or clothing that could be worn to work, which in my mind is a great thing!). More people need to know / be reminded that there are many, many people who would have good use for those business clothes you just don't wear, or are tired of. 

• Love 18

Good solution to the Tammy problem - I hope this means we see a little less of her. This was also a good episode for Jamie Pressly. Jill and Wendy just don't get enough to do on this show, and that's really my main objection to Tammy. Just another character to take screen time away from others who are already getting too little.

I loved how Bonnie sat there bitching and moaning about how boring puzzles were until she matched two pieces then immediately got addicted to it and obsessive. Not only was it funny but realistic for someone with an addictive personality. 

Anna Faris was a knockout in that slinky dress.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Good solution to the Tammy problem - I hope this means we see a little less of her. This was also a good episode for Jamie Pressly. Jill and Wendy just don't get enough to do on this show, and that's really my main objection to Tammy. Just another character to take screen time away from others who are already getting too little.

Exactly. This is a solid ensemble cast that didn't really have need or room for another member. I'd rather have Wendy get a full storyline than watch Kristen Johnson chew scenery for half of every episode. I don't mind the actress in small doses, but I'd rather have her be an occasional guest star than a prominent member of the ensemble.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I'm glad Jill found something to do; I hope it will last a while. And those clothes - can you imagine?

I was thinking the same thing about Jill.  Half her problem is that she is bored.  Having a place to go every day may keep her out of her own head.   Plus it has a lot of room for comedy because she has never had a job before. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I liked Tammy in this episode and the solution of her living with Margie is a good one. 

Except Bonnie is going to have to start doing all the repairs around the complex again. A better solution would have been to get her that apartment that that other girl she helped was living in. I like Marge and Tammy together as well. Tammy needs a real job so that she can pay and hang out at the coffee shop with the rest of the gang.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, illdoc said:

I loved how Bonnie said there were 8 cats and Marjorie said "Nine. A stray wandered in the night Victor died. I'm not saying it's him but" then mouths "It's him"

That was my favorite line of the night. And I know Tammy is not a favorite, but I like Kristen Johnson, and I think Marjorie and Tammy could be fun together.

• Love 15

The whole time they were doing the puzzle  I was thinking "why doesn't Tammy move in w/Marjorie? It just makes so much sense. She's super-needy and Marjorie is desperate to be needed. Perfect match." Then they did it. Look at me, being all smart and stuff!

Jill's storyline broke my HEART. EVERY piece of clothing had a sad, sad tale attached to it. I'm so glad she found something meaningful to do so she doesn't sit alone all day in that big empty house reflecting on her failures, waiting till it's time to go to the next meeting.

I didn't mind this one as much. Lately, the episodes have been lacking. Not the same Mom I've grown obsessed with. But this episode put them back on track. AM NOT looking forward to next week's. Any time the kids are on it's awkward and unfunny and I am so OVER grown-assed kids blaming mommy for their problems. I hate those episodes, which is why I rarely ever watch season 1. Angry daughter just...no...

• Love 14
3 hours ago, illdoc said:

I loved how Bonnie said there were 8 cats and Marjorie said "Nine. A stray wandered in the night Victor died. I'm not saying it's him but" then mouths "It's him"

The exact same thing happened to my aunt, although she had never been a cat person. My uncle died after spending five months in a coma. My aunt came home from the hospital after he died and found a stray cat asleep on her front doorstep. She was sure it was my uncle. The cat stayed three weeks then decided to move on.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LadyKenobi said:

Wardrobe WIN this week! I was sooooo coveting both Jill’s and Bonnie’s beautiful sweaters! And I hate wearing sweaters! Jill was so pretty in that striking turquoise. The colors on Bonnie’s ombré were *gorgeous*. The sequin dress was amazing on Christy too.

I wouldn’t have thought of putting M and T together. Neat solution. 

I loved Bonnies's  ombré sweater so much I stopped the program on my iPad and hunted for one online! I love winter clothes and sweaters. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 4

I loved Kristen Johnston on Third Rock, but I've found her very hard to take here.

I think the reason is because she isn't playing an alien anymore. This show is more grounded in realism, and she just doesn't fit. It's like she's visiting from another show.

• Love 1

That was outstanding - a wonderful mix of somber and funny. The awkwardness within the group when the conversation turned to Victor was so realistic. And it was about time the show brought up Jill's miscarriage and the ensuing trauma. I do hope the writers stick to her shelter plot - her character needs purposes and last season's weird plot was just a waste of talent.

I loved Wendy going limp and then springing back up in action (I managed to throw out my back this morning by simply picking up a sock). Beth Hall excels at physical comedy too. .

The puzzle club was fantastic - plus a neat solution for the Tammy problem and Marjorie's loneliness. And how much did I love Marjorie being a boss and making sure Bonnie and Tammy couldn't finish without her.

So many great lines. Jill ranking guys according to neck wear, Christy's attempts at toughness and the 'adorable' responses by Jill and Wendy and almost all the dialog of the puzzle club. The episode goes into my top ten.

• Love 13

That was both funny and heartbreaking. It's always great when this show pulls that off.

Having Tammy move in with Marjorie is perfect in so many ways. I like Tammy, but in limited doses, and with her living with Christy and Bonnie, there was just too much of her. Her screen time can be more limited now. And it makes sense that Marjorie would want a roommate. She went as far as to trick Bonnie and Christy and the kids into staying with her after they found that great house a few seasons ago. So it's been established that she doesn't like to live alone. It's always nice to see some consistency!

• Love 7

I thought this was a really good episode. I like: a meeting, a scene in the bistro, and stuff that happens amongst the ladies. I don't like: Adam, Baxter (both selfish slobs), the kids (boring), or Christy having the lead story. I want Christy's sponsor to come back though. I like her GA sponsor too, so more him please.

The puzzle plot was the winner by a long shot. Just great dialogue and comedy. Mom and Marjorie play off each other so well.

I wasn't crazy about the Jill closet scene. It was too heavy-handed. Every outfit represented a tragedy. They could have pulled off the idea of Jill being a poor little rich girl with a lot more subtlety. And...what was the story with the dress Christy took? It was skin-tight on Christy, and Christy is a lot smaller than Jill, and has been over the course of the entire show. Maybe Jill bought the dress before she joined the show when she was really strung out. I dunno. 

What kind of divorce settlement does Jill have where four some-odd years after divorcing, she is still filthy rich? Did she divorce Kelsey Grammar? An NBA player? It doesn't seem true.

Is Christy still Jill's sponsor? If so, why wasn't she paying attention enough to realize that Jill's life was empty a long, long time ago? I don't think Christy should be anyone's sponsor. 

I don't enjoy Christy as much as the other ladies. I thought season one (when Christy was "Mom") was almost insufferable. Anna Faris just does not have the acting chops of Allison Janney, and sometimes when they film a scene together, I actually cringe. I don't like when Christy does the deep growly voices, or the fully body gesticulations. It's not feminine. It's not funny. Yet Allison Janney can pull off a more outlandish character like a boss.  I wish Anna Faris would rein herself in. (Jaime Pressly would be served if she reined herself in with the constantly pursed lips and ramrod straight posture as well). I actually liked Christy the most the time Jill took her to an upscale AA meeting to meet men, and Christy looked and acted like a completely different person. So I guess I really don't like Christy.

And...what is with the law school? Is she in law school, or is she not in law school? Because I've been to law school, and it is a full-time job, especially in the first year. You eat, sleep and breathe it. Not saying she couldn't go to meetings or hang out sometimes, but she couldn't do those things, be in law school, and have a job. It's not a thing. I wish they would have sent Christy to law school and cut her back from the show. She could show up here and there. And maybe they could bring back Regina or a brand new character.

• Love 2
On 11/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, AnimeMania said:

Except Bonnie is going to have to start doing all the repairs around the complex again. A better solution would have been to get her that apartment that that other girl she helped was living in. I like Marge and Tammy together as well. Tammy needs a real job so that she can pay and hang out at the coffee shop with the rest of the gang.

Why? Tammy is living rent free (I think) with Marjorie. Tammy needs something to do all day to keep herself busy. Bonnie had no problem with Tammy doing the work, and I imagine she would be willing to continue letting Tammy do what she is good at. If the power that be insist she get a paying gig, she can do odd-jobs or work as a pet sittter. We don't have to see her at work. We could just hear about it in meetings or at the coffee shop. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Bonnie had no problem with Tammy doing the work, and I imagine she would be willing to continue letting Tammy do what she is good at.

It is LA and as far as I know Tammy doesn't have a car. I don't know how far away everybody lives, but I have never seen anybody try to walk anywhere.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

It is LA and as far as I know Tammy doesn't have a car. I don't know how far away everybody lives, but I have never seen anybody try to walk anywhere.

The show is set in Napa, not L.A.  It's not very big, so maybe the bus system is a reasonable alternative for those without a car.  (I've only been there a few times, and just as day trips for wine tasting while staying in San Francisco/Oakland, so I always had a car.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

The show is set in Napa, not L.A.  It's not very big, so maybe the bus system is a reasonable alternative for those without a car.  (I've only been there a few times, and just as day trips for wine tasting while staying in San Francisco/Oakland, so I always had a car.)

I lived in adjacent Sonoma County, and spent time in Napa.  It is essentially a farming area.  I mean, about all they do there is grow grapes.  There is no organized public transportation system.  Everything is spread out just as in L.A. -- miles and miles from Point A to Point B.  Having a car (more like a beat-up truck for hauling) is essential for getting anywhere.  Walking, and even bicycling, are out of the question because of the distance involved.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CatsAndMoreCats said:

I lived in adjacent Sonoma County, and spent time in Napa.  It is essentially a farming area.  I mean, about all they do there is grow grapes.  There is no organized public transportation system.  Everything is spread out just as in L.A. -- miles and miles from Point A to Point B.  Having a car (more like a beat-up truck for hauling) is essential for getting anywhere.  Walking, and even bicycling, are out of the question because of the distance involved.

Even if, not being farmers, they live downtown?  I mean, the show has put no thought into making a Napa-set show actually reflect Napa, so if somehow most if not all the locations - Marjorie's house, Bonnie and Christy's building, Adam's place, the meeting location, their lunch spot, Jill's house, Christy's strip mall law school - are in what constitutes the city center, would Vine (or whatever the bus system is called now) let someone without a car traverse that limited area?  And do we know Tammy doesn't have a car (I missed the episode in which she was introduced)?

• Love 1

It's god-forsaken Ruralsville after dark.  I'm a very good driver and I was scared to drive at night.  No lights on the rural highways, everything miles and miles apart. 

You are correct that they don't accurately portray a show that would be set in Napa.  Jill's luxurious home would be somewhere up in the mountains because that's where all the rich folk live.  The only "Main Street"-type areas would be in downtown Napa, Saint Helena and maybe a tiny stretch of very expensive Yountville.  I suppose Christy could work at one of the restaurants in those towns.  But no way she could afford the rent there (I rented a bedroom in someone's home because it's all I could afford).  Christy would have to commute from Santa Rosa or perhaps Petaluma or Vallejo.  And since Christy has a crappy car (or so she has said), there's no way she could depend on it to transport her on the 20-mile drive between work and home.  Also?  What about the expense of keeping gas in the tank?    

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

What kind of divorce settlement does Jill have where four some-odd years after divorcing, she is still filthy rich? Did she divorce Kelsey Grammar? An NBA player? It doesn't seem true.

California is a community property state. If her ex was bringing in a lot of money while they were married, and they were together for a decent amount of time, she'd have a lot of savings.

From what we saw of her ex-husband when Jill was first introduced, he seemed like a finance guy with a lot of power.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

California is a community property state. If her ex was bringing in a lot of money while they were married, and they were together for a decent amount of time, she'd have a lot of savings.

From what we saw of her ex-husband when Jill was first introduced, he seemed like a finance guy with a lot of power.

The thing about this is that I don't believe that Jill was married "a decent amount of time" (10 years in California. Tom Cruise filed on Nicole Kidman just shy of ten years in order to avoid this) enough for her to be entitled to these huge alimony payments.  To do a little Mom detective work--Jill was 36, turning 37, in season 4. That means she came on the show at 34 in the beginning of season 2, already divorced IIRC. When there are large amounts of assets involved in a marriage, these divorces can go on for years and years. If we pretend Jill's divorce lasted two years, then they filed when Jill was 32. I just don't believe she got married at 22 and stayed married for ten years. Not with all of the substance abuse and the ex bringing in huge assets, yet not wanting a family with her (but apparently wanting a family with someone else). I would also think anyone good with money would get an airtight prenup when marrying an unbalanced, jobless 22 year old.  I'm not saying she couldn't have gotten one big lump sum settlement, but it doesn't ring true that four some-odd years in, she is still picking up the tab and spending like a drunken sailor as if there is a great big alimony check coming to her each month. 

With regard to the distance between Mom's house and Marjorie's house, they said in season four that Marjorie lives a half a mile away. I have no idea how realistic that would be in their area. I always pictured them living way farther before they said that.

• Love 1

I thought Jill was coming from money even before her marriage? Back in season 2 she told Bonnie how her mother had committed suicide sitting in her Ferrari with closed garage doors and motor running. Teenage Jill coped by getting the Ferrari - so there was money around before she got married. That would also explain why she never had a job. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

The thing about this is that I don't believe that Jill was married "a decent amount of time" (10 years in California. Tom Cruise filed on Nicole Kidman just shy of ten years in order to avoid this) enough for her to be entitled to these huge alimony payments.  To do a little Mom detective work--Jill was 36, turning 37, in season 4. That means she came on the show at 34 in the beginning of season 2, already divorced IIRC. When there are large amounts of assets involved in a marriage, these divorces can go on for years and years. If we pretend Jill's divorce lasted two years, then they filed when Jill was 32. I just don't believe she got married at 22 and stayed married for ten years. Not with all of the substance abuse and the ex bringing in huge assets, yet not wanting a family with her (but apparently wanting a family with someone else). I would also think anyone good with money would get an airtight prenup when marrying an unbalanced, jobless 22 year old.  I'm not saying she couldn't have gotten one big lump sum settlement, but it doesn't ring true that four some-odd years in, she is still picking up the tab and spending like a drunken sailor as if there is a great big alimony check coming to her each month. 

She wouldn't necessarily need alimony to spend like a drunken sailor. If her ex made a fortune in the time they were together, she'd get her share of it in the divorce, that could keep her in expensive clothes for a long, long time, even if she didn't have money of her own (which she probably did, as MissLucas pointed out.)

Also, I got the impression that her ex felt bad about leaving her, and wanted her to be taken care of, so I could see him agreeing to alimony above and beyond what's required.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

She wouldn't necessarily need alimony to spend like a drunken sailor. If her ex made a fortune in the time they were together, she'd get her share of it in the divorce, that could keep her in expensive clothes for a long, long time, even if she didn't have money of her own (which she probably did, as MissLucas pointed out.)

Also, I got the impression that her ex felt bad about leaving her, and wanted her to be taken care of, so I could see him agreeing to alimony above and beyond what's required.

She wouldn't necessarily need alimony. I agree with you. But I am not talking in the realm of what is possible, I'm talking about what is probable. After all, it's possible that Jill is drawing a seven-figure check from Bill Gates each month, thus enabling her any type of lifestyle she wants. There's just not evidence of that. I also didn't get the impression that the ex felt bad about leaving her after a suicide attempt. And moving on to have a baby with a "homely" woman about a year later sort of nullifies the evidence of that. To me.

Maintenance on a home and property is super expensive. Especially in California. That, alone, would make huge monthly dents into any kind of savings Jill has or had. This would all be a lot more realistic to me if she had downsized to a condo after the divorce. I watch reality shows where actual women in California divorce wealthy men, and they all lose money and have to downsize significantly, and these women have kids, so they are definitely receiving regular support payments. The only one who was able to maintain their lifestyle without missing a beat was Camille Grammar, which is why I asked tongue-in-cheek if Jill had divorced Kelsey Grammar. Or an NBA player. This is how I perceive it. Anything is possible. It's just not realistic to me. 

I am wondering if William Fichtner (Adam) has some other project in the works because did you catch Bonnie saying "Adam doesn't have a lot of time for me lately". So that makes me think the writers had her say that to explain why he is not there as much and also why they felt they'd need to bring in Tammy to fill in where he will be absent. He is one of my favorite actors so I hope they don't lose Adam altogether. 

Okay I just googled William Fichter new projects and it says that Prison Break is going to come back yet again for another season???? So he is a major character on that show and is returning in the new season so that may explain why he will not be as prominent on Mom. Also he's been doing movies and hosting a show too. Busy guy. See link:

https://articlebio.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-american-actor-william-fichtner-s-career-includes-upcoming-projects-and-awards

Edited by llewis823

I love Bonnie’s relationship with Adam.  The poor man ends up in Al-Anon!!????  The casting is perfect.

And I am glad, glad, glad that the kids have been, for the most part, written out. Especially, the daughter.  The show always worked best between Bonnie and Christie and between Bonnie/Christie and the AA group of friends.  

And I laughed my butt off when Bonnie said “when something’s  good, I turn it into a problem.”  Having come from an alcoholic family, and having an addictive personality myself, I decided that should be the motto for addicts everywhere!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6
On 11/10/2018 at 7:33 AM, MissLucas said:

And how much did I love Marjorie being a boss and making sure Bonnie and Tammy couldn't finish without her.

I know!  After that happened I turned to my housemate and said "You don't mess with Marjorie!"

• Love 5
On 11/9/2018 at 7:44 AM, TomGirl said:

I know I’m in the minority (maybe a minority of one) but I love Tammy.  More specifically, I love Kristen Johnston, ever since Third Rock.  She makes me laugh out loud at almost every line.

me too but can't they dress her better? she looks like a slob. just because she is over weight, she doesn't have to go around in ill fitting ugly clothes.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2018 at 10:21 PM, MaryMitch said:

Great episode! I loved how Marjorie saved the puzzle piece!

I'm glad Jill found something to do; I hope it will last a while. And those clothes - can you imagine?

On 11/9/2018 at 1:22 AM, LadyKenobi said:

Wardrobe WIN this week! I was sooooo coveting both Jill’s and Bonnie’s beautiful sweaters! And I hate wearing sweaters! Jill was so pretty in that striking turquoise. The colors on Bonnie’s ombré were *gorgeous*. The sequin dress was amazing on Christy too.

I wouldn’t have thought of putting M and T together. Neat solution. 

On 11/9/2018 at 7:44 AM, TomGirl said:

On 11/9/2018 at 11:26 AM, 19Bee63 said:

I do too!!  I would watch a spin off show of Tammy and Marjorie being roommates.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Bastet said:

After near-weekly jabs at Marjorie's abundance of cats, it was really fun to have someone react with sheer glee to learning how many there are.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:18 PM, theredhead77 said:

I loved everything about this episode, especially Jill finding purpose (hopefully). I loved the woman at the shelter and how she explained what the clothing would be good for. It felt like a backdoor PSA to donate business clothing or clothing that could be worn to work, which in my mind is a great thing!). More people need to know / be reminded that there are many, many people who would have good use for those business clothes you just don't wear, or are tired of. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:54 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I was thinking the same thing about Jill.  Half her problem is that she is bored.  Having a place to go every day may keep her out of her own head.   Plus it has a lot of room for comedy because she has never had a job before. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:59 PM, AnimeMania said:

On 11/9/2018 at 3:54 PM, mammaM said:

That was my favorite line of the night. And I know Tammy is not a favorite, but I like Kristen Johnson, and I think Marjorie and Tammy could be fun together.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:33 AM, MissLucas said:

That was outstanding - a wonderful mix of somber and funny. The awkwardness within the group when the conversation turned to Victor was so realistic. And it was about time the show brought up Jill's miscarriage and the ensuing trauma. I do hope the writers stick to her shelter plot - her character needs purposes and last season's weird plot was just a waste of talent.

I loved Wendy going limp and then springing back up in action (I managed to throw out my back this morning by simply picking up a sock). Beth Hall excels at physical comedy too. .

The puzzle club was fantastic - plus a neat solution for the Tammy problem and Marjorie's loneliness. And how much did I love Marjorie being a boss and making sure Bonnie and Tammy couldn't finish without her.

So many great lines. Jill ranking guys according to neck wear, Christy's attempts at toughness and the 'adorable' responses by Jill and Wendy and almost all the dialog of the puzzle club. The episode goes into my top ten.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:50 PM, DXD526 said:

That was both funny and heartbreaking. It's always great when this show pulls that off.

Having Tammy move in with Marjorie is perfect in so many ways. I like Tammy, but in limited doses, and with her living with Christy and Bonnie, there was just too much of her. Her screen time can be more limited now. And it makes sense that Marjorie would want a roommate. She went as far as to trick Bonnie and Christy and the kids into staying with her after they found that great house a few seasons ago. So it's been established that she doesn't like to live alone. It's always nice to see some consistency!

On 11/11/2018 at 12:34 PM, Blakeston said:

On 11/11/2018 at 2:01 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

With regard to the distance between Mom's house and Marjorie's house, they said in season four that Marjorie lives a half a mile away. I have no idea how realistic that would be in their area. I always pictured them living way farther before they said that.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, MissLucas said:

I thought Jill was coming from money even before her marriage? Back in season 2 she told Bonnie how her mother had committed suicide sitting in her Ferrari with closed garage doors and motor running. Teenage Jill coped by getting the Ferrari - so there was money around before she got married. That would also explain why she never had a job. 

I know most people think that Jill got her money from being a trophy wife, but I think she actually came from money. In the episode where she refuses to pay the bill for their weekly get-togethers at the restaurant, she talks about how she never knew if people like her or her money. She uses an example where a lot of people came to her sweet sixteen because her father was providing them with a free ticket to Maui. It would be so easy to envy her extremely easy life, but they really made me feel for her in this episode. I wonder if she could open a thrift shop where she could sell her designer duds for cheap and then donate all the proceeds to charity. I know the fashionistas would be all over that. You really could believe that she tried to fill the emptiness in her life with material things and that failed miserably. I am glad she was honest with her friends because these types of feelings could lead to depression, which in turn could end up in another relapse for her. I hope she finds purpose in her new job, but more importantly within herself. I loved the idea of Tammy and Marjorie together. The actresses seem to play off each other well. It was funny watching Tammy be so excited over Marjorie's interests that the other members of the group pass off as lame. I like that all these women are so different, yet can find a common bond in their struggles.

• Love 5

I honestly don't remember this backstory, but I did take note that Jill said she had never had a job before in her life. That, and her oblivious attitude toward regular working people, does in fact seem to suggest she came from a wealthy family herself. And if that's the case, her family fortune may be very well invested and handled by others on her behalf. I don't see Jill as the type for having a head for finances so it's likely she simply has accountants that take care of all her financial needs.

• Love 3

I definitely think if Jill came from something other than extreme wealth, she would have more experience with how most people live, and would have some concept at least of how it works. It doesn't seem like she has even a CLUE about any of it. So it's pretty likely her wealth pre-dates her marriage.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:39 PM, iMonrey said:

I honestly don't remember this backstory, but I did take note that Jill said she had never had a job before in her life. That, and her oblivious attitude toward regular working people, does in fact seem to suggest she came from a wealthy family herself. And if that's the case, her family fortune may be very well invested and handled by others on her behalf. I don't see Jill as the type for having a head for finances so it's likely she simply has accountants that take care of all her financial needs.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I definitely think if Jill came from something other than extreme wealth, she would have more experience with how most people live, and would have some concept at least of how it works. It doesn't seem like she has even a CLUE about any of it. So it's pretty likely her wealth pre-dates her marriage.

Also, even though American movies and film don't like to mention social class, it makes sense that petite, pretty, and blonde Jill moved around in wealthy circles and therefore married a wealthy man, wherein comparison petite, pretty, and blonde Christy married a guy like Baxter. I like Baxter (fan of the actor) but he was pretty aimless until he married his well-off wife.

• Love 1