Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Anybody Have a Map?

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Efzee said:

Ugh, Maggie and Jackson. Never been a fan but that was just awful. And so cliche with the phone, jumping to conclusions, getting her foot injured (despite there being no blood or anything) and then Jackson trying to take care of her foot like she's not the damn head of cardio and could easily fix her foot. Granted, Maggie was being an idiot over the whole foot thing, trying to put on her shoes with glass in her foot and alleged bleeding like wtf? 

I guess the foot thing was a device to keep her from running out right away --though they could have obviously delayed it with a search for shoes. I found it distracting because he kept saying 'you are bleeding' which made me picture her getting blood all over that apartment, which is yuck.

• Love 4

I felt like we were getting a chemistry test with Meredith and Koracik. Between him, Deluca and the ortho guy, it seems like they’re throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. 

I can’t  see a bar like that existing in real life. In today’s age of social media, people would be all over that place trying to get it shut down.  

• Love 15

In real life, Richard would have to pay to fix the bar and then get some kind of probation and it would have little, if any affect on his medical license.....far less than if he had donethe shots! In this show, there will likely be even less.

As I watched the episode, I kept thinking "How the hell did Meredith become the grown up in the room"!

And Jackson, run, Run, RUUUUUUUN as fast and as far away from Maggie as possible. What an awful character and contrary to what she thinks, not even a very good person!

No Amelia, No Owen, No Teddy, No Triangle...No Problem!

Edited by AriAu
  • Like 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, izabella said:

I do not understand Maggie very well, but I can see that she's confused.  I'm not sure why she ran out right then.  She was doing fine, both expressing herself and listening to Jackson.  Suddenly, she couldn't handle it anymore. 

I was very confused about this as well. The way their conversation was going, I could see two potential outcomes:

1) Maggie tells him: "You're still using your ex-wife for emotional support and I'm not comfortable with that. It seems to me you're still not over her and I don't think we can work out until you fully make up your mind"

2) They sit down and talk their issues through, Maggie opens up to him and blah, and everything's fine

Instead they sorta went halfway between those two options, as they started talking and Maggie seemed reasonable enough, only to randomly start crying and storm out, which was a major WTF?! moment.

I'm sure that's not what the writers intented, but this whole thing has shades of Gizzy all over it. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, shantown said:

I don’t know, the never-before-seen nurse that had an entire hospital floor crying over her got the fast-forward treatment from me this week.

Also, I was wondering if the entire hospital floor was on break at the same time.  I'm guessing they weren't, so some/most of them were neglecting their duties.  But, hey, this is Grey's so it doesn't matter.  Screw the patients.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Ugh, I love Richard and James Pickens, Jr. never gets enough to do so I really liked this episode.  Its nice when they can show him as more than a wise mentor who is befuddled by the interwebz (though I love that Richard too).  He is a conflicted, multi-faceted character and I appreciate that we have gotten to see that side of him over the last few seasons, its been sorely missed.  One of the most affecting scenes of the entire series for me was him with Gary Clark in the season 6 finale and this kind of reminded me of that.  Like many of the characters, Richard has had a rough few years and I think that this was building in him.  I can see that many people have a problem with the fact that he will probably not face any consequences for destroying the bar, but all that stuff doesn't really bother me because after the timeline, the LVAD and Ghost Denny, I have given up on any hope for realism, as have the writers apparently.  I will also say that I have never been more attracted to Richard as when he was smashing up the bar.  Considering I also was very attracted to Alex when he was trying to lie about beating up DeLuca and that my favorite character on HTGAWM is Frank, followed by Connor, it appears that I have a type.  At least as far as Shondaland is concerned.  In real life my husband has sadly never destroyed a bar, committed fraud by bringing over African orphans or covering up a shady murder.  That I know of...

I don't care even one ounce about Maggie/Jackson or Jaggie, beyond their relationship to Richard, Catherine or Meredith, so my biggest disappointment was that they were so off in their own high rise world and had nothing to do with the main storyline.  Hopefully, that will change next week.  IMO, Jackson has never really fit in with the other characters as a whole, his storylines only seem to involve one or two other people at a time, one of whom is a recurring character.  So I don't get why they would put him with Maggie if they are then going to just be in their own tedious storyline that has nothing to do with anything else.  Their romance isn't doing either character any favors.

Speaking of Catherine, my god is Debbie Allen a fucking stunner.  Wow.  When she she first showed up and the camera showed us her back and then moved around to reveal Catherine, I swear I thought it was some actress in her thirties, tops.  She looks incredible and I am very invested in her story.  I like seeing her vulnerable and I can't wait to see scenes of her with Richard.  Normally, I don't love these sort of centric episodes, especially right before the Fall finale, but I really enjoyed this one and I am very happy with the first "half" of this season so far.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Like 1
  • Love 17

I always like episodes with Catherine which I think is due to my Debbie Allen bias. I've been a fan since Fame. So even when  the Catherine stuff is over the top, I'm still happy to see Debbie Allen. If they had her decide to pursue teaching dance classes after she recovers from her tumor, that would be insane, but part of me would be down with it as long as she gave a speech that included "You want fame?. . "

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I thought they did a little bit too much winging about the baby being 28 weeks.  I mean it isn't ideal.  And I know nurses who have had premies at later gestations and been wigged because it is your baby and you don't want anything bad to happen.  But 28 weeks while not ideal is way better than earlier.  And somebody there would be reassuring her that if they had to take the baby the baby would likely have a good outcome.   Also if they were waiting days potentially for surgery but knew the baby might have to be born they'd be pushing steroids to help develop the baby's lungs.   

• Love 1

Maggie is annoying but right to dump Jackson.  He’s a nice guy but he isn’t ready for a relationship.  He’s had a rough go of it.   It’s interesting to me how a person can be in a relationship with one person and hate something they do but then act the same way with someone else.

April bailed on Jackson.  Yes she was having a hard time with the loss of her baby but so was he and she legit left.  He’s basically doing the same to Maggie.  He claims to want to be with her but keeps leaving emotionally or physically.  Pull the plug and just be single for awhile. 

I will put up with a lot with Grey’s Anatomy plots but don’t screw with AA or invent characters who are giving people struggling with sobriety shots.  It’s not necessary.  Richard struggling was a good enough plot.

• Love 2

I feel like most of the episodes lately are disjointed. There are never those gripping scenes with the whole cast.  The recent episode is a perfect example.  Richard and Alex in one, Meredith, Tom, and Catherine in one, Maggie and Jackson..... I'm sure the actors/actresses are filming these separately due to very chaotic personal lives with their own families and children.  However, I just miss those episodes with them all.  I did appreciate Meredith and Tom's humor. I liked Richard killing his addictive place, and I loved all the nurses involved.

• Love 2

Well most of that ep was decent.

Loved all the Mere stuff-- but she is my favorite character (after 15 years together we are "in a relationship") I have loved her through the good the bad and the ugly. I ain't going anywhere! Haha! I liked her with that Koracik dude. They weren't all in my face twu love 4evah kind of shit. They were just 2 colleagues working together and getting to know one another. I liked it.

My objection to hooking her up with Deluca is that he is her subordinate and she is in a position of power-- It makes me uncomfortable. and that Link guy is just... vanilla.

Anyway-- Maggie and Jackson? Not even worth commenting on IMO.

I love when fictional characters smash shit up and act all drama crazy -- cuz it's fun to watch. But in true life-- I would find that kind of behavior unacceptable. But I love me some Richard and I love his relationship with Meredith. I love that he called her--no one else-- but his daughter from another father. They are SO cute!

I have always liked the character of Katherine (Catherine?) and the actress so I am interested in the story line.

I didn't like the whole thing with the nurse we were supposed to care about but a character we have never really seen and have no investment in. -- That was a waste of time .

• Love 7
12 hours ago, readster said:

Also having Jackson point out that Maggie never confronts anything. She runs away or just acts like she is some kid. Then having it where Maggie says that Jackson is: "Ahead of her" in the relationship department. I wanted to go: "What the hell is wrong with you? You are in the late 20s, not 14 anymore. I'm sorry, they tried this with April with her whole: "I'm a virgin who grew up on a farm." At one point in your life, you stop living under mom and dad's roof. You have to make adult decisions and it doesn't matter if you are going to medical school at 16 or 12. You grow up, you pay bills, you have to DEAL with other people. I don't care how much Maggie has said her adoptive parents were so great, apparently they never at any point told her to act like an "adult". They failed there and no matter how much the writers want to paint it, Maggie comes off as a poorly written character. 

Maggie isn't in her late 20s, she's 35. 

• Love 5

The way Jacksons treating Maggie is pretty much in line with how he's treated both Stephanie and April. He loves the chase, the "emotional" connection at the beginning. With Maggie last season he was so enamoured by her it almost came off as sleazy. While he was all sweet with Maggie he was being a complete dick to April. Now he has Maggie and her ~cutesy ranting I'm not not perfect (but really i am) shtick has worn off and they're in a relationship where the chase is over he's kind of over it.

• Love 8

This was a very strange episode, it seemed as though it were specifically written to be James Pickens' Emmy reel for the season. There was so much time spent on a character we'd never seen before, and I had a hard time believing she was that important to Richard that her death sent him on a tailspin. It would have made much more sense if he'd have simply learned about Katherine's cancer and went into a downward spiral over that. There's no emotional gut-punch to the death of some rando even if they try to pretend she's been there all along. This is Grey's Anatomy - people die every week.

There's also no way that bar would have gotten away with a "Chips for Shots" promotion for very long before some mob at least picketed them.

Also, let me join the chorus of "Who the hell cares about Maggie and Jackson?" The show has seemingly overestimated audience interest in them to devote so much of the rest of this episode to them. I've never found Maggie believable as an adult. Not only does she have a little girl voice but she acts like a little girl too. Christina Yang she ain't.

This episode seemed to be signaling a Meredith and Koracik pairing. Where is everyone getting the idea it's going to be Meredith and DeLuca? Did the writers say they were headed there in interviews or something?

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, kkbug2018 said:

I feel like most of the episodes lately are disjointed. There are never those gripping scenes with the whole cast.  The recent episode is a perfect example.  Richard and Alex in one, Meredith, Tom, and Catherine in one, Maggie and Jackson..... I'm sure the actors/actresses are filming these separately due to very chaotic personal lives with their own families and children.  However, I just miss those episodes with them all.  I did appreciate Meredith and Tom's humor. I liked Richard killing his addictive place, and I loved all the nurses involved.

Maybe that's why it feels like 1) they are just throwing things at the wall with Mer's love life and there's a lot of back and forth in how close she is to people; 2) Couples are regularly off in their own world; and 3) the timelines for each story don't seem to move forward in the same time increments from ep to ep

I get with a big cast it's gotta be tricky to coordinate everyone's shooting schedules but I think the plot is suffering for it.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This episode seemed to be signaling a Meredith and Koracik pairing. Where is everyone getting the idea it's going to be Meredith and DeLuca? Did the writers say they were headed there in interviews or something?

Probably from the preview for next week's ep.

45 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's all the longing looks Deluca has been giving Mere lately. Combine that with her dream she had at the beginning of the season where she was having sex with him and Volia!

That is Grey's way of practically screaming a  Mere and Deluca hook-up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

There's also no way that bar would have gotten away with a "Chips for Shots" promotion for very long before some mob at least picketed them.

I thought this too on the chips sign thing--I mean that is just so out there and mean spirited. It's hard to imagine it being real and he shows up to find it is. I had to forget that part in order to get into Richard with the baseball bat.

• Love 2

After watching Jackson’s scenes...I’m irritated with his behavior and attitude with maggie, he’s been acting like such a playboy and it’s not a good look on him. 

But I want to talk about the couch scene between him and maggie. Kelly got the props last night from Krista but imo Jesse carried the emotional weight of that scene and that’s cause Jackson has so much emotional history with the audience. We’ve seen his struggles. 

I had complained so often last season that Jackson’s history was being swiped away to put him and maggie on the same level. They did that! But now they’ve given it back to him and it just makes him and maggie seem way mismatched more than ever, not even getting into how bad their chemstry is and how they aren’t a strong enough pair to carry this. 

So i watched the couch scene, and I came away feeling so very sad for Jackson. He’s going to live his best life but he’s going to regret how it won’t be as amazing as it could have been. Jesse really tapped into that sadness and wow, when Jesse Williams actually cares and connects he’s amazing. This is the most depth he’s shown since no Montana! (Not shocking since the same writer who wrore montana wrote this episode)

Concerning April, I think just labeling the reason they are apart as “cause God” is an incredibly broad stroke and doesn’t even come close to covering the intricacies of it all, but from what I heard and saw...he feels that now that he believes and has a better understanding of April’s faith, that he would have been more open to aprils train of thought and she might have leaned on him more. Because IMO, I think april left to grieve on her own because she felt she couldn’t lean on him BECAUSE he not only didn’t believe, but felt it silly. I always think back to the episode where samuel died and she’s understandably struggling with what she has to do and she talks about waiting for a miracle, then she stops and seems to shake herself out of it and says “why am I even talking to you about this?”. April felt she couldn’t be open about this. 

Well now Jackson is in the same headspace, and maybe he feels this huge gulf between them has now shortened and it’s just too late. April has moved on. That realization that now you feel you could be what she needs in a way you might not have been able to before is devastating! I felt Jackson’s devestation. I mean, his struggle isn’t about God, it’s about april. I’m so so sad for him. 

Maggie...Krista went on about how Kelly unpacked what makes maggie broken which would have been great if it’s not the same ol BS that she monologues about EVERY SEASON! 

Maggie does not have the emotional maturity to deal with that this, and hey, she’s been honest about that. Granted I don’t think she expected what she heard when she said “try me”. But girl is massively in way over her head with Jackson right now. “Messy” and “complicated” are the nice ways to describe what he’s going through. 

This was all about Jackson and his baggage to me. I don’t know what they are going for but I don’t know how jaggie become anything iconic after this.

Edited by moonorchid
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Ha. Yup, both Addison and/or Arizona could maybe have been helpful. Aw. I miss them both.

Especially because "Into You Like A Train" was on Lifetime the hour before this new episode was on. Addison delivering babies!!

I like Koracick. He's quirky, funny, sarcastic. I wish he was a regular. I doubt they're going to put him with Mere for the simple reason that they don't think he's hot enough to pull off a shirtless or steamy scene. She's a lead character. (I'm not saying that's right, I'm just trying to channel their thinking). Yeah, DeLuca is too young, but I'd much rather see him with Mere than the blond hairball "Ortho God," or whatever he is, that they were hinting toward last week. He looks 15 years old. 

Mere is supposed to be in her 40's. Can she at least have a relationship that is age appropriate? DeLuca looks like the love child of Derek and Mark (not a bad thing in the slightest), and they're trying way too hard with Linc, or whatever Ortho God's (sorry, that's Callie's title) name is. 

And I don't know, but the hovering gaggle of nurses that wouldn't leave Richard alone to do his job, annoyed the piss out of me. No one likes their supervisor that much, especially an entire department. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I doubt they're going to put him with Mere for the simple reason that they don't think he's hot enough to pull off a shirtless or steamy scene. She's a lead character. (I'm not saying that's right, I'm just trying to channel their thinking).

THANK YOU for saying this, because that's been my thought exactly ever since he was first introduced, but I didn't want to sound too shallow :o

• Love 7

I don't know what they're trying to do with Jackson and Maggie.  I really don't.  It seemed to me like the GA overlords were basically casting the blame for their conflict last night onto Maggie, but I thought Jackson was equally to blame.  (As a side issue, I don't buy his sudden search for/belief in God.  At all.)  This pairing is just such a massive fail that the writers themselves have no idea how to write them.

The "chips for shots" bar...that just can't be a real thing.  How completely disgusting on a cellular level.  I was glad Richard took a bat and started swinging.

I knew the moment enormously pregnant Nurse Mindy Collette-Riggins appeared in whichever episode earlier this season she appeared in that she was going to have complications with her pregnancy and die.  So, thanks for being so predictable, show.

The "I'm going to show you scans of a crazy tumor/affliction/whatever that is Very Serious from an unnamed patient, but surprise, I'm the patient!" thing has been done so many times on this stupid show.  I've never liked Catherine and her imperious attitude, so I can't be bothered to care about her tumor.  I also don't support her decision to withhold information from Richard.  That's not helpful, dear.  It doesn't seem like she's been very present for him during his struggles, though, beyond a line last night about being concerned, so I guess I shouldn't have expected otherwise.

So not looking forward to the cataclysmic wind storm next week.  And guys, I'm not watching the second hour of your stupid crossover, the second one in barely a month.  Stop trying to make Station 19 happen.  It's not going to happen.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

So not looking forward to the cataclysmic wind storm next week. 

I don't mind a good old fashioned catastrophe episode with lots of surgeries/crises piling up. But based on the preview we get your normal, inappropriate "oh boy! I'm so excited!" responses from interns who can't contain their glee that the wind storm means lots of impaled patients! awesome!

I would love it if one of the intern lets out the typical Grey's "fantastic! I get to work on impaled people!" response and somebody knocks them silly--like a family member. Because if I ever show up at a hospital with my loved one and one of the doctors gives the other doctor essentially a high 5/yippee! reaction, I will flip.

• Love 6
On 11/9/2018 at 1:19 PM, Layne said:

She is????? I too thought she was in her 20s I may need to completely re-assess her character

22 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've actually gotten to the point that I can stand Station 19 more than Grey's.

Dark times 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

(As a side issue, I don't buy his sudden search for/belief in God.  At all.) 

Me neither, and that's why I find Jaggie even worse than Gizzie in a way. While I'll always believe it was a punishment for Knight and Heigl, I could kinda sorta see how two people would briefly mistake emotional closeness for romantic feelings. But Jackson's sudden epiphany doesn't feel organic at all - it just looks like an excuse to do a rehash of his relationship with April with reversed roles, and I really don't get why that was needed. 

It could maaaaaaybe work if the point they're trying to make was that he doesn't really need God in his life, he needs April. But since she's gone from the show, that seems like a very unlikely direction.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I like Koracick. He's quirky, funny, sarcastic. I wish he was a regular. I doubt they're going to put him with Mere for the simple reason that they don't think he's hot enough to pull off a shirtless or steamy scene. She's a lead character. (I'm not saying that's right, I'm just trying to channel their thinking). 

Koracick's been shirtless though, when he was with April and thought it was chinese food at the door but it was Jackson. And tbh he looked damn fine so

I don't know if he'll end up with Meredith though, but out of the options we have on the show as of now, I like him the best. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, dmc said:

She is????? I too thought she was in her 20s I had me need to completely re-assess her character

Dark times 

She was in her late 20s when she started on the show, but it's been a few years since then, plus the time jump.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NUguy514 said:

(As a side issue, I don't buy his sudden search for/belief in God.  At all.) 

I don't believe it, either.  His sudden need to find God was strange enough, but it is many bridges too far for me to believe he suddenly has faith in God after two weeks (a month?).

• Like 1
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, Laurie4H said:

Maggie was with Deluca so Meredith and Deluca is just wrong.  Same with her being with Koracick since Amelia was with him.  Maybe I’m different than most people but I couldn’t hook up with people my “sisters” were with.   And Meredith just seems much to old for Deluca.  The actors are 20 years apart.  

Just a nitpick, but I always believed they tried to make Meredith seem much younger then she actually looks. I always thought she looked 5-10 years older than the character was/is supposed to be. She looks late 40s to me now but they make it seem like she’s supposed to be mid 30s. Her with DeLuca just looks weird. I also thought April was too young for koracick. April always came across as younger than they were trying to portray her. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I don't mind a good old fashioned catastrophe episode with lots of surgeries/crises piling up. But based on the preview we get your normal, inappropriate "oh boy! I'm so excited!" responses from interns who can't contain their glee that the wind storm means lots of impaled patients! awesome!

I would love it if one of the intern lets out the typical Grey's "fantastic! I get to work on impaled people!" response and somebody knocks them silly--like a family member. Because if I ever show up at a hospital with my loved one and one of the doctors gives the other doctor essentially a high 5/yippee! reaction, I will flip.

Yes to this! This has always bugged me about this show. The “medical professionals” can be very callous. The patients aren’t people, they are “cases” and “mysteries” that the docs gossip about and even sometimes nickname for their own amusement. Then every once in a while they actually care about a very special patient and, when the patient inevitably dies, we get to see how the poor doc has to get over the heartbreak. This whole show is just a bunch of ego maniacs who all belong to the same club.

• Love 7

I only saw the last half. People have said Jackson talked with two women besides/instead of Maggie.  Who is the other one besides April?

A person named Kate. Jackson said he met her at the monastery (which surprised me - I must have missed it but I guess he stayed at one while off on his God quest??). Anyway, this Kate had lost her brother, I believe, so she and Jackson bonded over their losses, or something to that effect. When Maggie picked up Jackson's cell phone, mistakenly thinking it was hers, she saw a text from Kate that said, "I miss you!!" with some heart emojis. Jackson swore up, down, and sideways that they never slept together. If I messed up any of the details, someone correct me!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Biggie B said:

A person named Kate. Jackson said he met her at the monastery (which surprised me - I must have missed it but I guess he stayed at one while off on his God quest??).

I don’t think you missed it - if they (he) mentioned that prior to this episode, it was a throwaway phrase in a quick list of what he did (I remember the hike mention, since he brought in a patient he met hiking). I got the impression that that stop may have also been news to Maggie, given her stunned repeating/“wtf” of that part of his explanation.

(I don’t think she was exactly overreacting to multiple texts on his lock screen from and unknown girl’s name culminating in “miss you! ❤️❤️❤️“, and while props to Jackson for actually encouraging her to read/scroll through them, I also agree with her major problem/dealbreaker of his confiding things he hasn’t ever told or mentioned to her. Coulda mentioned her along various people he met and friends he made who helped him sort through things if it was really emotionally innocent. Maggie did herself NO favors by bolting, after they seemed to be having a breakthrough and communicating, but that Jackson hadn’t really actually tried to talk to his serious girlfriend about it, or told her that their lack of emotional connection/sharing was a problem for him, did nevertheless put him into emotional affair territory for me. He can be in the wrong even if she followed up his explanation and attempt to rectify it with potential dealbreaker wrongness herself.)

Edited by WalrusGirl
Close parentheses
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I really don’t know if we’re expected to be shipping Jackson and Maggie at this point?

It sort of reminds me of the ill filled Izzie and George relationship. I never ever shipped them, it was a real what the hell is the show doing moment but there were many a time during that terrible era where i really thought the show was trying to make it a thing to take it serious and then they would do something and be like “now you should not be shipping this” and I feel like that’s happening here.

Something tells me that Catherine’s illness will be the make or break it for this romance. Depending on how Maggie supports or doesn’t Jackson will be what determines the romance.

Pretty sure Krista thinks she’s writing Jaggie as a great love story. She thought all their awkward moments last season were creating great build-up and anticipation, and that they really “earned” their relationship. I’m sure she thinks this storyline is really great angst and that they will be even stronger for it. I have no idea why, but she seems to see some sort of potential and chemistry in this couple that hardly anyone else sees. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Layne said:

11 hours ago, dmc said:

She is????? I too thought she was in her 20s I had me need to completely re-assess her character

In the season premiere when Teddy questioned how old Maggie was, Maggie said she was 19 when she finished med schol and 27 when she became head of cardio. It's hard to tell how much time passes on this show but as a point of reference, she first appeared on the show at the end of S10. According to this timeline, Maggie was born in 1983 (a year before Lexie) and Meredith was born in 1978 and since the show has supposedly caught up to the current year, she is be 35 now. So yeah, definitely too old to be acting like a 12 year old girl.

• Love 8

Preface: Not a nurse but nurse appreciator.

I loved that there were nurses in this episode. Honestly, there should be more nurses interacting in scenes. I loved Frankie because she reminded me of nurses I've worked with, and I was excited a nurse's story line had more depth. Then, I realized she wasn't long for the show. What bothered me is that whole pack of nurses following her around. It seems that they would have been more professional, respecting her privacy, rotating in versus 5 in the room at a time, and caring for their patients. Nurses have way too much to do to be sitting at a bedside of a patient that isn't theirs!

• Like 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I like Koracick. He's quirky, funny, sarcastic. I wish he was a regular. I doubt they're going to put him with Mere for the simple reason that they don't think he's hot enough to pull off a shirtless or steamy scene. She's a lead character. (I'm not saying that's right, I'm just trying to channel their thinking).

15 hours ago, Joana said:

THANK YOU for saying this, because that's been my thought exactly ever since he was first introduced, but I didn't want to sound too shallow :o

14 hours ago, huh7uh said:

Koracick's been shirtless though, when he was with April and thought it was chinese food at the door but it was Jackson. And tbh he looked damn fine so

I don't know if he'll end up with Meredith though, but out of the options we have on the show as of now, I like him the best. 

Honestly, at this point I don't even need see anymore people shirtless on this show. I cringed all the way through Mer's sex dream earlier this season with DeLuca and Linc. And even if Koracick didn't look damn fine in that previous episode, what's wrong with showing a normal middle-aged man shirtless? I'd think Shonda and co would jump at the chance and publicly pat themselves on the back for doing so when most shows only show "hot young guys" shirtless. 

Sidenote, I honestly don't see the fascination with DeLuca. He seems so... basic to me. Same with Linc, but at least I like that actor from his Nashville days (where he looked much better and really, it can't just be the hair, can it?!).

8 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

I don’t think you missed it - if they (he) mentioned that prior to this episode, it was a throwaway phrase in a quick list of what he did (I remember the hike mention, since he brought in a patient he met hiking). I got the impression that that stop may have also been news to Maggie, given her stunned repeating/“wtf” of that part of his explanation.

(I don’t think she was exactly overreacting to multiple texts on his lock screen from and unknown girl’s name culminating in “miss you! ❤️❤️❤️“, and while props to Jackson for actually encouraging her to read/scroll through them, I also agree with her major problem/dealbreaker of his confiding things he hasn’t ever told or mentioned to her. Coulda mentioned her along various people he met and friends he made who helped him sort through things if it was really emotionally innocent. Maggie did herself NO favors by bolting, after they seemed to be having a breakthrough and communicating, but that Jackson hadn’t really actually tried to talk to his serious girlfriend about it, or told her that their lack of emotional connection/sharing was a problem for him, did nevertheless put him into emotional affair territory for me. He can be in the wrong even if she followed up his explanation and attempt to rectify it with potential dealbreaker wrongness herself.)

This is true, but I think it goes back to Jackson's remark that they don't really talk. Not about important stuff, just about how their day was. She apparently never bothered to ask him about his God Quest, or she would've thrown that in his face like "Why didn't you tell me about her when we talked about your God Quest? I asked you about the people you've met and the things you've done and not once did her name come up!!!" or something.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Joana said:

Me neither, and that's why I find Jaggie even worse than Gizzie in a way. While I'll always believe it was a punishment for Knight and Heigl, I could kinda sorta see how two people would briefly mistake emotional closeness for romantic feelings.

Why punishment for them? I know Heigl's story with the Grammy but I think it happened later than their characters' relationship in the show.

14 hours ago, bluebox said:

She was in her late 20s when she started on the show, but it's been a few years since then, plus the time jump.

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In the season premiere when Teddy questioned how old Maggie was, Maggie said she was 19 when she finished med schol and 27 when she became head of cardio.

I might be mistaken but I remember that Maggie said she was she was head of cardio somewhere else before she came to Grey Sloan hosptial when she was interviewed by Christina . So I guess Maggie was 27 when she became the head of cardio for the first time ever not in Grey's. I can't recall when and where it was said or if was at all but I was always convinced she was 3032 when she appeared in the show.

• Love 2

This show hasn’t made me cry in a long time, and I was in tears during the bar smashing scene. James Pickens, Jr is such a great actor, and he deserves a good storyline, especially since I hated that Minnick/Bailey/Richard storyline a couple of seasons ago. When the stronger actors are featured, the episode quality improves immensely! I wonder if his storyline is due to Krista bring back. 

A bar offering shots for AA chips is the most disgusting and horrific thing I’ve ever seen. I’m glad Richard did what he did. It was cathartic for me. Evil.

I also loved the Meredith/Koracick/Catherine storyline. Mere and Koracick gel so well together, and I also bought his friendship with Catherine. 

Maggie/Jackson was the only disappointment in this episode. I like Maggie, but her text to Meredith was ridiculous. As was her being made that Jackson was in contact with the mother of his child! 

More of these types of episodes, please.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

As was her being made that Jackson was in contact with the mother of his child! 

A lot of people are saying this, but that's really not how I saw it. Maggie is immature, but (probably?) not to the point she wouldn't understand why Jackson would need to be in touch with the mother of his child. The problem was that he was pouring his heart out to her and dealing some highly intimate and personal things with her without Maggie knowing anything about it. To me, that would be a pretty huge red flag that the person I'm dating is still not over their ex. Of course, Maggie could have explained it instead of rushing out in tears in the middle of a conversation, but hey, it's Maggie.

And of course, Jackson explained he was only doing it because Maggie wasn't interested in talking to him about his God quest or whatever it is, but then again I question whether he ever tried to seriously explain to her just how all that is important to her and try to get her to understand.

But Grey's couples not communicating has always been the norm, so I don't know why we should expect anything different now. 

• Love 10
Just now, Joana said:

And of course, Jackson explained he was only doing it because Maggie wasn't interested in talking to him about his God quest or whatever it is, but then again I question whether he ever tried to seriously explain to her just how all that is important to her and try to get her to understand.

That’s an interesting question. Did he even try? He mentions that it was good to talk to someone who had been through the same thing. Which maggie hadn’t and maybe that’s why he felt uncomfortable sharing it. Their relationship isn’t that deep right now. 

Theres nothing wrong with Jackson finding like souls to talk about what he’s gojng through, the problem is he hid it from maggie. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, moonorchid said:

That’s an interesting question. Did he even try? He mentions that it was good to talk to someone who had been through the same thing. Which maggie hadn’t and maybe that’s why he felt uncomfortable sharing it. Their relationship isn’t that deep right now. 

Theres nothing wrong with Jackson finding like souls to talk about what he’s gojng through, the problem is he hid it from maggie. 

Maggie lost her mother, so Jackson can sit down and shut up about him connecting with the woman at the monastery because they had both lost someone.  Maggie lost someone.  Jackson hasn't tried with Maggie. 

• Love 4

I didn’t even realize until reading the thread that Amelia and Owen weren’t in it. That’s how much I don’t care about them and their ridiculous storyline.

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I saw the Jackson / April texting as the equivalent of Richard having a sponsor.     It's a mentoring relationship, not romantic.     

From April’s perspective, sure, and even at face value, but...less so when Jackson flat out says he’s also grieving finding faith too late for him and April to work. (Not that that was the proximal cause of their split, but I get where he’s coming from. And while that’s *useful* and relevant information for his current significant other...ouch. I think he was pretty genuinely over April before her car accident with Matthew, but less so now with his own sudden faith and her marriage to someone who shares hers.)

5 hours ago, Joana said:

A lot of people are saying this, but that's really not how I saw it. Maggie is immature, but (probably?) not to the point she wouldn't understand why Jackson would need to be in touch with the mother of his child. The problem was that he was pouring his heart out to her and dealing some highly intimate and personal things with her without Maggie knowing anything about it. To me, that would be a pretty huge red flag that the person I'm dating is still not over their ex. Of course, Maggie could have explained it instead of rushing out in tears in the middle of a conversation, but hey, it's Maggie.

Yeah, that’s my thing. If he hasn’t tried to get deeper with her (beyond excited rambles that come off as sudden marriage proposals), AND hasn’t talked to her about how talking about this stuff is important to him, that’s on him. Instead he opted to let her think he and they were great from his perspective and to fill those other needs with other women without a conversation or heads up. She didn’t cover herself in glory when she got overwhelmed, and really fair enough if that’s a dealbreaker for Jackson, but he was still already in the wrong in dealbreaker territory too. ??‍♀️

It just confuses me if we’re actually supposed to be rooting for them. I’m not a Japril romantic shipper, because they kind of sucked to one another, and I wasn’t appalled at Jaggie, but he’s been lousy to her so far this season, and she’s pretty fundamentally unable to meet HIS needs, AND they don’t have the massive chemistry and moments to make up for it (like Mer/Der back in the early years, when at least Mer also had really good reasons for being limited that Derek understood).

• Love 8