Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: I Dare You

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Even Jon gave them absolution from beyond the grave with his final voice mail to Eddie revealed in episode two: "Love Each Other"    I'll agree the show has allowed them to show some guilt, but it almost feels like wallpaper guilt.  Neither one of them feels overly affected by the guilt.  In fact I get the impression that if Delilah gave the word, Eddie would continue right on with the relationship.

I guess I'm still holding onto my theory that the Love Each Other had nothing to do with Eddie and Delilah, but rather the entire friend group and Eddie was the one who got the message/attempted call because he's the one who would take anything Jon said on face value and not question or suspect anything.

6 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I guess I'm still holding onto my theory that the Love Each Other had nothing to do with Eddie and Delilah, but rather the entire friend group and Eddie was the one who got the message/attempted call because he's the one who would take anything Jon said on face value and not question or suspect anything.

Yeah, this is a valid interpretation.  In my own, I am using tv anvil logic in that this voice message was the coda to the episode where it was revealed he knew about the affair because he had he necklace in his desk and it was right after Delilah gave Eddie back the necklace and told him that Jon knew.

11 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Yeah, this is a valid interpretation.  In my own, I am using tv anvil logic in that this voice message was the coda to the episode where it was revealed he knew about the affair because he had he necklace in his desk and it was right after Delilah gave Eddie back the necklace and told him that Jon knew.

My take is that Jon did know about the affair and said what he said because he knew that he was not a good husband in the last couple of years. I think he understood Delilah's feelings even if he never acknowledged it to Delilah. He got into something bad, got in over his head, and planned his way out.