Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 2:44 AM, bannana said:

This is kind of fun to read, how they struggled (which we saw!) with remote broadcasting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/entertainment/the-view/index.html

The article was kind of discouraging, because if the executive producer thinks they're doing a great job now, there won't be any effort to make further improvements.

It may at least help a bit that now they each have a teleprompter and can also see each other.  We'll see. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2020 at 12:03 AM, Blissfool said:

Whoopi was a guest judge on Rupaul's Drag Race this week. Guess who else was there? 

Alex + the Goldberg clan.

Why doesn't Whoopi retire from "The View" and open up her agent office.  She probably wears out a lot of shoe leather and cell phone minutes trying to get jobs for her dependents.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

If they don't have the Bitsy character climb in the Bab's character's lap, I have no interest.

Of course, they definitely need The Split Screen and Rosie being told Bill Cosby was off-limits. Bonus points for Barbara messing up promos, Star's hustling for wedding freebies, Jenny's Tampon Misadventure,  and excerpts from Kathy Griffin's standup about The View.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Discussion of "The Right View" is off topic and political so do not bring it here.

It may be on topic if discussed on the show but your comments must adhere to the Politics Policy of which you should all be well aware.

PM @helenamonster and @raven if there are any questions.

• Love 1

THE VIEW received nominations today for this season's DAYTIME EMMYS, which is to be broadcast the night of June 26 in an 'alternative' format (guests and winners will stay in the 'safety of their homes').

THE VIEW is up for 'Outstanding Informative Talk Show', and competing with 'Today with Hoda and Jenna', 'Larry King NOW', 'Tamron Hall' and 'Red Table Talk'.  (Their copycat show 'The Talk' is nominated in 'Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show' this year.) 

The four women plus Abby and Ana are up for 'Outstanding Informative Talk Show Hosts' competing with the hosts of each show mentioned above.  I wonder if they will mention this tomorrow, since their Friday show was taped this afternoon, after (or during) the nominations  ?

Daytime Emmy Awards Nominations for 2019-20

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I read yesterday that this will be the first time in 5 years that the Daytime Emmys will be on tv.  Then I checked to see if the show received any nominations, and I couldn't find anything.  No wonder, since they didn't announce them until today - lol. 

It's nice that Ana was included in the nominations.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, lusinia said:

I read yesterday that this will be the first time in 5 years that the Daytime Emmys will be on tv.  Then I checked to see if the show received any nominations, and I couldn't find anything.  No wonder, since they didn't announce them until today - lol. 

It's nice that Ana was included in the nominations.

Today ? They announced them yesterday, which is why I posted last night.  

(edited)
16 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Today ? They announced them yesterday, which is why I posted last night.  

My post was also on Thursday.

Edited by lusinia

Hulu randomly put up an episode from April of 2014. It’s Babs last year, Jenny and Sherri are around and Whoopi is much quieter.

Loved watching and truly wish they would post old episodes more often. It’s SUCH a time capsule, especially with Hot Topics. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Whoopi is much quieter.

I remember that Whoopie.  Her seeming disinterest in the show now doesn't come close to the lackadaisical attitude she had in her earlier years.  (I wonder when and why that changed.  Was it during/after the Rosie season?  Did she realize she was replaceable, and needed to be more engaging?)

I didn't watch for about a year and a half after that second Rosie season ended, and when I started again I was struck with how noticeably different Whoopie was.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

I remember that Whoopie.  Her seeming disinterest in the show now doesn't come close to the lackadaisical attitude she had in her earlier years.  (I wonder when and why that changed.  Was it during/after the Rosie season?  Did she realize she was replaceable, and needed to be more engaging?)

I didn't watch for about a year and a half after that second Rosie season ended, and when I started again I was struck with how noticeably different Whoopie was.

After Babs left (where she was now the Head Honcho) and during the second Rosie tenure (where she had to be on her toes so as not to be outshined by RO). Once RO left the second time, they also started listening to her input more in cohosts (she was pro Raven and Megan and not very high on Paula and Jed).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/1/2020 at 1:17 AM, geekburger said:

Hulu randomly put up an episode from April of 2014. It’s Babs last year, Jenny and Sherri are around and Whoopi is much quieter.

Loved watching and truly wish they would post old episodes more often. It’s SUCH a time capsule, especially with Hot Topics. 

I wish they'd post some of the 1999 and 2003 co-host competition episodes. 

• Love 4
On 6/1/2020 at 12:10 AM, lusinia said:
On 5/31/2020 at 11:17 PM, geekburger said:

Whoopi is much quieter.

I remember that Whoopie.  Her seeming disinterest in the show now doesn't come close to the lackadaisical attitude she had in her earlier years.

I think it's a combination of disinterest, the virus, wrong person for the job, and diminished capacity.  She seems to get worse every week; today it seemed like she napped for a second (because she thought she could).  

• Love 7
(edited)

Well, fuck.  The other hosts will take it for what it is, but Meghan will be even more insufferable.  The show won a Daytime Emmy for best informative talk show.  Brian, since he's the executive producer, gave the acceptance speech (all the nominees in every category recorded one ahead of time).

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Well, fuck.  The other hosts will take it for what it is, but Meghan will be even more insufferable.  The show won a Daytime Emmy for best informative talk show.  Brian, since he's the executive producer, gave the acceptance speech (all the nominees in every category recorded one ahead of time).

I was just coming here to post that they won and you read my mind about Meghan being even more insufferable than usual.

I remember when The View was named as the most important political talk show a while back, she milked that for months.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

By themselves, the only really informative host is Sunny (and Ana, if indeed she is still a member of the team. Whoopi being the least informed. However they do manage to book guests who are informative, so i get the win.

• Love 4
(edited)
42 minutes ago, pachebo said:

By themselves, the only really informative host is Sunny (and Ana, if indeed she is still a member of the team. Whoopi being the least informed. However they do manage to book guests who are informative, so i get the win.

I don't. 

Except for Sunny, they're poorly prepared and waste time intro-ing guests with obvious bio info, as well as cutting guests short.  

I love Joy and Ana, too, but they're not given enough time because of the big baby Nutmeg and Whoopi's word salads.

I get more info from Seth Meyer each night as well as wit. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 10

I get it.  They do get important guests, especially now during the pandemic, and they often make news.  (OK, that's mostly on Meg and her ridiculous questions and attitude, but still they are in the news.)  I don't know who the competition were but I can see why The View won.

• Love 1