Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Poor Joy. You know ABC is forcing them to put on an act to calm down the viewer response caused by McCain's continual rude behavior. How many times is Joy going to have to be forced to lie that she's best friends with this loudmouthed brat?

When you let a bratty employee (one who has been there for a short period of time) run roughshod over your long time employees you might want to rethink things.  

Note to ABC: Just because Real Housewives has become a media hogging thing doesn't mean your viewers want to see that on the View.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
46 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

That was sweet. As much as the media seems to want them to be enemies, they just aren't. Joy always brings up the attention the fighting gets (she's brought this up on the show before), and she knows that her and Meghan going at it gets them press. She's an entertainer above all else. 

She brought up a great point in the video that Meghan knows how to play with others now, but really didn't in the beginning. Meghan is definitely a better panelist now than she was when she first came on.

Edited by DB in CMH
9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Joy mentioned that Ana told them - Meghan in particular I think - that they take the job too seriously. She’s right. People behind the scenes dress them, they have time to talk about the subjects ahead of time, and then out on the stage they go. What Ana does on CNN is on the fly and I imagine much harder, as Joy mentioned in the video. Meghan kept saying this is a hard job and Joy seemed perplexed by this as well. 

Also the subdued version of Meghan is much more tolerable. I still don’t like her though. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 10

The weekend MSNBC show AM Joy always has a few guests pick their "winner of the week" on Sundays. 

Joy Reid also gets a pick, and she chose "the ladies of The View", and gave kudos to Sunny and especially Abby, a former co-worker at MSNBC, who she said, "...is one of the loveliest people ever; she don't get mad often", and played two clips of them questioning DJTJr.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

It is hilarious.  I'm so glad you posted it.  Everybody needs to go read it.  I wish the powers that be would take note.

The author said he writes about Meghan a lot.  I've bookmarked the site, which I hadn't heard of before, so I can check out his previous articles.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

It is hilarious.  I'm so glad you posted it.  Everybody needs to go read it.  I wish the powers that be would take note.

The author said he writes about Meghan a lot.  I've bookmarked the site, which I hadn't heard of before, so I can check out his previous articles.

Please keep posting those here!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jesus Christ, 'The View' Is a Much Better Show Without Meghan McCain's Warbling

https://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/jesus-christ-the-view-is-a-much-better-show-without-meghan-mccain.php

Hilarious.

Wow! 

This article was sane, clearly-voiced, civil, and respectful.  

Everything Mehgun is not. Nor will ever be. 

Truly, ABC, you are adding to the degradation of society by keeping Me-Again McCan't on tv to spew falsehoods and redirect topics to inane examples that don't stand up to examination. Even MeMeMe cannot explain her own (I mean hubby's blue card) statements as witnessed this past week when asked to talk about an official that she (herself) brought up!

Abby is a poor substitute for Tara or Ana, as well. But I guess their demographic doesn't appeal to young (super-rich) moms?

Sigh. 

Thank Gosh it's Friday.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Jesus Christ, 'The View' Is a Much Better Show Without Meghan McCain's Warbling

https://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/jesus-christ-the-view-is-a-much-better-show-without-meghan-mccain.php

Hilarious.

Thank you so much for posting this. Love it!!!

40 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Wow! 

This article was sane, clearly-voiced, civil, and respectful.  

Everything Mehgun is not. Nor will ever be. 

Truly, ABC, you are adding to the degradation of society by keeping Me-Again McCan't on tv to spew falsehoods and redirect topics to inane examples that don't stand up to examination. Even MeMeMe cannot explain her own (I mean hubby's blue card) statements as witnessed this past week when asked to talk about an official that she (herself) brought up!

Abby is a poor substitute for Tara or Ana, as well. But I guess their demographic doesn't appeal to young (super-rich) moms?

Sigh. 

Thank Gosh it's Friday.

Agree with all this too. I wonder how many young super rich moms watch The View. Most of the population cannot relate to the wealth of someone like Abby or MM. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Most of the population cannot relate to the wealth of someone like Abby or MM. 

It has not gone  unnoticed by me that the three non Republicans on  the panel came from humble beginnings. Joy Whoopi and Sunny all succeeded on their own merits.  The daughters however have not. They sit in those seats because of who their fathers are.  I tend to believe they were both hired because ABC thought they would be privy to inside information.  

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It has not gone  unnoticed by me that the three non Republicans on  the panel came from humble beginnings. Joy Whoopi and Sunny all succeeded on their own merits.  The daughters however have not. They sit in those seats because of who their fathers are.  I tend to believe they were both hired because ABC thought they would be privy to inside information.  

I’ve noticed it too, and it’s always bothered me. I wish they hired Republican women for more than being daughters. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Another article worth reading if you want a laugh:

https://jezebel.com/meghan-mccain-is-canceled-1840068529

This line from the article -

She will be remembered for her impressive ability to make literally everything about her.

was never more true than it was today.  From the confederate flag, to breastfeeding, to negotiating with your kids to get them to do something, she attempted to make her viewpoint out to be the most important one because of how it affected her father, or complain that something had nothing to do with her, so it's pointless to talk about it, and not fair, besides.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Well, I am guessing she got one amazing gift from Miss Whoopi Goldberg!  Other than not getting fired by MeAgain 😁

It looks like it was a super fun wedding.  I just wish they didn't make her descend stairs, twice.  Not an easy thing to do in a dress like that and heels.

Lessons we learn when we are older.  I would never descend stairs in my wedding gown.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

Speaking of Barbara, Cheri Oteri popped up on CNN tonight to reprise her impression. I wonder if the above inspired it. Fun stuff.

Oh, wow, Cheri could not even get the pronunciation of 20 : 20 correct.  BaWa enunciated it in such a unique way that Rosie and Joy always mocked.  The "t" must be enunciated as a crisp "t".

That bit was not even that funny so why was Anderson leaning over and laughing multiple times?  Even Andy seemed surprised that Anderson got the giggles for so long.

• Love 1
On 12/31/2019 at 10:38 PM, bannana said:

That bit was not even that funny so why was Anderson leaning over and laughing multiple times?  Even Andy seemed surprised that Anderson got the giggles for so long

Andy and Anderson were doing shots during the show. Andy can hold his liquor, Anderson apparently cannot.

I didn’t get the bit at first. I had totally forgotten that Barbara was on 20:20. It was a totally different show back then wasn’t it

Edited by CVC
I forgot what forum I was in
  • Love 4

New Report Details ‘Toxic Work Environment’ at The View: ‘Abby Was Sick of Being Berated by Meghan for Perceived Slights’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-report-details-toxic-work-environment-at-the-view-abby-was-sick-of-being-berated-by-meghan-for-perceived-slights/

‘ABC treated Abby like s–t:’ Inside Abby Huntsman’s exit from ‘The View’

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/13/abc-treated-abby-like-s-t-inside-abby-huntsmans-exit-from-the-view/

A toxic work environment? You don't say. It's been like this ever since McCain joined the show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Interesting article originally from the Daily Beast:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/abc-execs-try-abby-huntsman-014539655.html

ABC Execs Try to Get Abby Huntsman to Cover for Toxic Culture at ‘The View’

The behind-the-scenes melodrama at ABC’s The View amped up Tuesday when departing co-host Abby Huntsman didn’t comply with network executives’ urgent entreaty to contradict a CNN story and the New York Post’s Page Six, among others, describing the show’s “toxic culture,” at the same moment that she was being trashed by nasty leaks and a hatchet job on The Daily Mail’s website.

“They threw Abby under the bus,” a View insider told The Daily Beast, the day after Huntsman announced on the popular daytime show that this Friday will be her last day—nearly eight months short of her contract that runs through the end of the current (23rd) season—and that she will decamp to Utah to help run the 2020 gubernatorial campaign of her father, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr.

Before Tuesday’s live show, according to multiple sources, Senior Executive Producer Hilary Estey McLoughlin and Barbara Fedida, ABC News’ senior vice president for talent, editorial strategy, and business affairs, asked Huntsman to go on-camera and counter reports of internal strife by putting a positive spin on The View’s supposedly collegial workplace instead of the scorpions-in-a-bottle ambiance that is frequently portrayed in the tabloids.

But Huntsman, in her second year on The View, instead took the advice of the talk show’s moderator Whoopi Goldberg, whom the 33-year-old mother of three young children considers a mentor; Goldberg, 64, told her not to do it, sources said, because she had already said her warm goodbyes and praised her co-workers on Monday’s episode “as the smartest women I’ve ever worked with,” adding, “I love all of you here”—and why fuel tabloid gossip by being defensive?

(snip)

Huntsman’s warm feelings about the show came to an abrupt end, however, with The Daily Mail’s “exclusive” that claimed that she “left her co-hosting job on The View because her future at the popular talk show was hanging on by a thread,” that “network executives had been considering phasing her out of her coveted seat,” and that “show research revealed viewers found Abby ‘bland’ and didn’t feel that she had a clear point of view.”

The story continued: “Now with Abby out the door, ABC is trying to find a way to convince Friday co-host Ana Navarro to commit more time to the show, as bosses rave about the Republican… The proud never-Trumper has become a fan-favorite on the show, especially for her ability to keep Meghan McCain in check.”

Amid rampant internal speculation about who trashed Huntsman to The Daily Mail—including all the obvious suspects—Senior Executive Producer McLoughlin told The Daily Beast: “The story is categorically untrue,” and that Huntsman has been a highly-valued co-host.

As for recruiting Navarro for a regular co-hosting gig, “We’re not focused on replacing Abby right now,” McLoughlin said.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm so glad Abby didn't give in.  Besides, what were they gonna do, fire her?

The Daily Beast mentions The Daily Mail article and makes it sound like what it said was new.  But there was a Page Six article from a little over a year ago that said nearly the same things. Page Six

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

We can all see with our own eyes the tension that exists at the View. For TPTB to continue to push this "we all get along" crap is insulting to the viewers and the people who work on the show.

This show has always had it's fair share of backstage drama but it has escalated since Meghan joined.  She drove away Sara who by all accounts is a very sweet person.  She alienated Sunny a former prosecutor trained to not show her hand.  She even pissed off Whoopi enough to chastise her on air.  Why ABC continues to coddle her is beyond me.   I don't care how many likes and clicks and retweets she gets. If ABC wants to get into the Real Housewives business  they can create a show for prime time.  And ABC rest assured when Meghan leaves (and we all know she will) she is going to badmouth all of you.  She will say it was a toxic environment and she was the victim.  I can see her tweets now.  "Cant be a conservative on ABC".  "My voice was stifled because I'm a Republican".  She hasn't left yet because there is still mileage in her grief.   Once that starts to wane she will need another victim identity to latch on to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I wonder if Meghan still thinks that Michael Harriot is an excellent writer . . . As so many of us have wondered:

Seriously, why is Meghan McCain’s microphone set to the same volume as Sunny? Hostin is an award-winning former U.S. Attorney who prosecuted sex crimes and speaks two languages. Meghan McCain had a daddy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2