Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Aside from the fact that the entire article was more of her perpetual victim mentality bullshit from beginning to end, my take on some of what she said:

- “I’m innately a fighter, but I do question if there will be a certain time where it just won’t be worth being a Republican woman being screamed at all day,” she told Elle. “I don’t know. Maybe I’m just having a bad week.”

This doesn't sound like someone who is happy with their employer. Nobody's stopping you Meghan - you obviously can't handle it anymore and all these interviews and opinion pieces are a cry for help. 

- “My presence on the show has been, ‘Nobody’s going to bully me, nobody’s going to talk down to me, and nobody’s going to pull the kind of s**t that’s been pulled on a lot of people in this chair."

Obviously not-so-subtle shade towards the (mostly) Conservative women who were there before her. My mind immediately goes to Jedediah's sudden departure and how Whoopi (supposedly) played a role in that. Meghan spent most of the article complaining about how the big, mean librul media hates Conservative women, so in her delusional mind, maybe she believes someone is trying to bully her off the show? One person? Multiple people? The media in its entirety? Her fellow co-hosts? Seems ridiculous, but she's ridiculous so anything is possible. 

- Mom Cindy McCain told the magazine that she always advises her daughter to “never get angry.” 

- She clearly ignores her mother's advice.

I say all this to say that something is clearly going on here. All these articles and opinion pieces just tells me her PR team is in overdrive for a reason...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12

What I take it as is her job is hanging by a thread and she's trying to repair her image either to 1.) save her job while she still can, or, in the worst case scenario that she's fired, 2.) save some face on the way out the door and hopefully make it more likely she'll find another job despite how difficult she's shown herself to be on The View (in front of the camera and behind-the-scenes).

In a way, I read these comments as if she's threatening them to keep her employed, because if not she's going to throw a huge tantrum as is her wont all over the media to try to damage the show's reputation, saying all kinds of bullshit like The View isn't welcome to conservatives like her, unfair treatment, bias, blah blah blah. I hope this will make ABC and The View more likely to fire her. Many people have went out the door over the years, and just as many of them were liberal. She insulates herself in a coat of victimhood because that's the only way to still remain relevant when she's so clearly despised by everyone across both sides of the aisle.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What I take it as is her job is hanging by a thread and she's trying to repair her image either to 1.) save her job while she still can, or, in the worst case scenario that she's fired, 2.) save some face on the way out the door and hopefully make it more likely she'll find another job despite how difficult she's shown herself to be on The View (in front of the camera and behind-the-scenes).

Is tomorrow their last day before summer break or do they finish up next week? If Meghan is getting fired ABC isn't giving her any time to save face and say I've decided to move on and write a book/spend more time with my family/curl up in a ball and cry.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is tomorrow their last day before summer break or do they finish up next week? If Meghan is getting fired ABC isn't giving her any time to save face and say I've decided to move on and write a book/spend more time with my family/curl up in a ball and cry.

No, I imagine if she's fired, it's going to be in the month between seasons. Effectively no on-air "Bye, everyone." She'll have to use the media to air everything out instead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

No, I imagine if she's fired, it's going to be in the month between seasons. Effectively no on-air "Bye, everyone." She'll have to use the media to air everything out instead.

All this might backfire on Meghan.  Don't think ABC isn't paying attention to all this stuff she keeps putting out there for sympathy.  I'm sure they have people seeing how people are responding to it.  Her not disclosing her miscarriage on the View instead of the NYT was a huge fuck you to ABC.  Let's hope they respond in kind.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

That is it exactly. Meghan is pissed we see her for who she is.

Yup. Her problem is that she's never been held accountable, never had consequences, and has never been required to grow the hell up. Her response at 34 is what you'd expect from a spoiled 5-year old that's just beginning to be socialized. 

• Love 15

Advanced issues found

7 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan spent most of the article complaining about how the big, mean librul media hates Conservative women, so in her delusional mind, maybe she believes someone is trying to bully her off the show?

I wonder if Meghan ever thinks about how no one hates Ana Navarro, no one seems to hate Abby Huntsman, no one hated (moderate, but still) Sara Haines ... even in that leaked audio of Elisabeth trying to quit the show, Joy was comforting her. If Meghan feels that people hate her, I doubt it has much of anything to do with her politics--it's that rancid, entitled personality.

• Love 21

She could announced that she's changed party affiliation and has become pro-choice and she would still be on my shit list. She's not liked because she's a horrible human being. End of. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I wonder if Meghan ever thinks about how no one hates Ana Navarro, no one seems to hate Abby Huntsman, no one hated (moderate, but still) Sara Haines ...

That would require a level of self awareness that she doesn't possess.  She'd rather play the victim.  

Is anyone else having trouble with the quote function?

• Love 10
On 7/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, bannana said:

NutMeg comments again on the Seth thing, and admits that she was asleep when her husband rage-tweeted.  

and admits uses a lame excuse that she was asleep when her husband rage-tweeted.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 11:49 AM, bannana said:

Oh man, Nutmeg's PR people are working overtime.  Poor, poor NuTMeg.  And check out the comment about what happened to other people that sat in her chair.  WTF?

Megan's Quote:  “I don’t know if [Meyers] could have gotten away with speaking to a liberal woman the way he spoke to me,” McCain toldElle’s Carrie Battan. “I don’t think he wanted to have a conversation; I think he just wanted to lecture me. But I can’t get myself into a place where I’m like, Woe is me. It’s not fair for me to feel bad for myself.”

I watched that show (Disclaimer: I am a Seth fan.) and he was an adult challenging Meghan's opinion.  All she had to do is prove her point, poor baby.  It had nothing to do with liberalism.  Poor Meghan, that big bad man picked on her because she's a conservative woe-is-me woman.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:37 PM, Coffeewinewater said:

And is she freaking serious  about Seth Meyers,  he was so damn polite and only pointed out facts. "The way he spoke to her" really?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, LoveIsJoy said:

Well, if you were hoping for a change for season 23, Good Housekeeping is reporting from multiple sources that both Meghan and Whoopi will be back

BUT WILL WE???

• Love 14

No offense, but that article doesn’t have any new sources? I’m not saying that either Meghan and/or Whoopi are going to be fired/leaving, just that that article does nothing but point to all the rumors that have been circling the past two months that one or both may be out before ending with the quote the producer already gave back when McCain was trying to get Sunny fired for supposedly leaking the mother****er episode. That’s not a new quote. The View people always deny deny deny, so it’s hard to take anything they say seriously.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 7/27/2019 at 1:46 PM, HaaCHOO said:

Megan's Quote:  “I don’t know if [Meyers] could have gotten away with speaking to a liberal woman the way he spoke to me,” McCain toldElle’s Carrie Battan. “I don’t think he wanted to have a conversation; I think he just wanted to lecture me. But I can’t get myself into a place where I’m like, Woe is me. It’s not fair for me to feel bad for myself.”

This is one of the most delusional statements of Meghan's I've ever seen.

First, Seth, (who I'm a big fan of as well) rarely has political people on, of any persuasion.  He did have one of Meghan's favorite foils - Rep. Rashida Tlaib - on, and asked about her Holocaust comments that some conservatives took offense with.

(Handily, while typing this post, Marianne Williamson happened to be on Seth Meyers' show, and he calmly asked her about statements she has made about vaccines and antidepressants, and Williamson, after saying that he was mischaracterizing what she said, calmly explained further what she meant.) 

Second, so Meghan thinks he spoke to a conservative woman in a way that he shouldn't have gotten away with?  This makes it sound like she's someone, in a novel, say - a haughty member of the "upper crust", who should never be spoken in such a way by one of the "hoi polloi".  Or maybe, in a different novel, she's a delicate lady who must be coddled.

Third - Meghan McCain complains that someone doesn't want to have a conversation, and that they just wanted to lecture her?!!!  That describes just about every one of her political "discussions" on The View!  She never wants to have a discussion and she's always lecturing, loudly.

(Picture side by side Seth's demeanor towards Meghan with Meghan's demeanor towards Marianne Williamson when she was on The View a few weeks ago.  Meghan obviously thinks that the way Seth questioned her is unacceptable.  But she thinks her method of questioning of Williamson, and other people she doesn't like, is.... ?) 

Finally, she says she can't get herself in a place where she's "...like, Woe is me..."  She's often pointing out on the show how hard it is to be the only Republican there.  In the bits and pieces of twitter quotes and print interviews of hers that I've seen (like this one) she's complaining about how hard she has it in various ways.  She said it's not fair for her to feel bad for herself, but that contradicts what she said earlier in the very same interview. 

• Love 21
52 minutes ago, lusinia said:

She's often pointing out on the show how hard it is to be the only Republican there. 

I know.  It's so HARRRRRRRRDDDD!  But it's also so funny when she says it when Abby AND Ana are sitting with her at the same table.  Dunce!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

But it's also so funny when she says it when Abby AND Ana are sitting with her at the same table.  

If Meghan admitted that there are other Republicans at the table, she'd have to admit that the way she's treated is due to her own behavior and not her politics. 

That's why she so dismissive of Abby and Ana's political views and thinks that they aren't conservative enough or true Republicans, and thus don't count.  Of course they aren't treated like she is because they're not REAL Republicans.   

But Abby and Ana are both liked at the table and in the audience by many who don't share their politics, and Meghan knows this.  Does she really attribute this to their more "moderate" political stances?   That's ridiculous.  They're both just nicer people and more pleasant to be around than she is (not to mention, in regards to the show, more talented, more professional and better prepared  Being otherwise, like Meghan is, shows disrespect towards one's bosses, co-workers, and the audience). 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, lusinia said:

She's often pointing out on the show how hard it is to be the only Republican there. 

If someone is having a hard time defending their stances, perhaps their stances are indefensible. She needs to get down off the cross, winter is coming and we need the wood.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Seth was very respectful in tone and demeanour while asking Meghan questions, even as her responses got whinier and snottier.  And they weren't phrased anything like her typical attempts at "gotcha" questions.  I wouldn't have been able to keep calm like he did, though it worked well to make her look infantile by comparison.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Nothing terribly new in this article, but some more stuff from Ladies Who Punch book, and talk about how difficult it would be to replace MeAgain.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-view-why-firing-meghan-mccain-would-create-the-old-elisabeth-hasselbeck-problem.html/

I read this book while flying to Poland.  Really quick read.  It was enjoyable.  I don't believe for one second they couldn't get someone better than MEghan.  

• Love 7

Did you all see this article linked on the Primetimer homepage?  There are so many things wrong in this analysis I can't begin to list them.  However, she ends the piece with these questions:

Will McCain continue to interrogate her own party’s values, provide thoughtful counterpoints, and contribute to meaningful debate? Or will she continue to spout debunked theories, scoff through her co-hosts’ arguments, and pretend that her brand of conservatism isn’t as problematic as the current strain of Republicanism she so vehemently rejects?

I think we know the answer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 8/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, falltime said:

I just saw this commercial while watching an old episode of Madam Secretary on my local ABC station. It was the first time seeing it. I've only been DVR'ing a few of the game shows airing over the Summer and I'm pretty sure it hasn't aired during any of their commercial breaks. It confirms I'll just be reading posts about the show here. I stopped watching last Dec. after they took their holiday hiatus. I did watch a couple episodes where it was confirmed beforehand here that the Princess of Grief was absent on those days.

52 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I just saw this commercial while watching an old episode of Madam Secretary on my local ABC station. It was the first time seeing it. I've only been DVR'ing a few of the game shows airing over the Summer and I'm pretty sure it hasn't aired during any of their commercial breaks. It confirms I'll just be reading posts about the show here. I stopped watching last Dec. after they took their holiday hiatus. I did watch a couple episodes where it was confirmed beforehand here that the Princess of Grief was absent on those days.

🤮

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, bannana said:

🤮

I'm confused by this response to my post since it's lacking any commentary. I'm hoping it's a reaction to the fact that the Princess of Grief and her Hired Emotional Support Person are returning this season.

• LOL 6
28 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm confused by this response to my post since it's lacking any commentary. I'm hoping it's a reaction to the fact that the Princess of Grief and her Hired Emotional Support Person are returning this season.

Oh, haha, my bad @Jaded.  It was in response to that ridiculous commercial you posted.  And what you said just now.

BTW, she has managed to get right back in the swing of things on twitter, and the world is raining down on her MeAgain self.  I'll post in on her page.

• Love 3
On 9/1/2019 at 2:07 AM, Jaded said:

I did watch a couple episodes where it was confirmed beforehand here that the Princess of Grief was absent on those days.

LOL! @ princess of grief.  😄

I wish Meghan would kick rocks.  And I'm sure I'm in the minority but I look forward to seeing Abby again.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

LOL! @ princess of grief.  😄

I wish Meghan would kick rocks.  And I'm sure I'm in the minority but I look forward to seeing Abby again.  

Meghan's nastiness really kicked in when Abby went on maternity leave. 

• Love 4

Another chapter in the "We all get along so well" story.

Meghan McCain and Joy Behar are setting the record straight on their working relationship on The View.

While viewers of the long-running ABC daytime talk show have speculated as to whether the co-hosts are at odds with one another off-camera, given their differing opinions on political topics, the women are adamant that they get along.

"Of all the people backstage, we actually get along the best," McCain insisted when talking to ET's Keltie Knight while on set of The View in New York City. "Because we always want to watch news after and still talk about it."

Behar agreed, chiming in, "Yeah, it's true."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/meghan-mccain-and-joy-behar-address-view-feud-rumors-exclusive/ar-AAGKS1M

Several news feeds have reported on Meghan's statements today about guns.  These reports have not been favorable; and these are regular news sites.  I have to wonder how the network will feel about this.  It is not always true that any publicity is good publicity.

I don't watch all that much anymore, but I have to think that these comments were not smart on her part.  Feelings are running high; and if you are a "celebrity" - you don't want to get on the wrong side of this debate.  It seems she could have made her point (as much as I hate it) in a less defensive, obnoxious way.

• Love 11