Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, falltime said:

I didn't watch the entire episode, but I probably will.

I just wanted to note that this is where NutMeg shines and where she should be.  She should not be on a "political" show (even though I don't think that is what the View is).

Whenever she is in the entertainment or pop culture arena, she does pretty well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

You know, NutMeg is not going to be able to escape her husband's homophobia while she tries to brand herself as an ally of the LGBTQ community.

In this article, they note that Mr. Nutmeg's website published an article opposing Drag Queen story time at libraries the same day she interviewed Drag Queens, and apparently that was one of the topics.  Read the all the comments too!

https://www.queerty.com/meghan-mccain-interviewed-three-drag-queens-view-pride-people-werent-20190612

• Love 8
13 hours ago, bannana said:

You know, NutMeg is not going to be able to escape her husband's homophobia while she tries to brand herself as an ally of the LGBTQ community

While I appreciate all the articles written about this Meghan needs called out to her face.  I don't care if it's an interview on TV or an interview with a journalist and I have to read it.  It is unfathomable to me that someone at ABC or her own people haven't realized this is a problem.   

• Love 15
On 6/13/2019 at 5:04 AM, blondiec0332 said:

While I appreciate all the articles written about this Meghan needs called out to her face.  I don't care if it's an interview on TV or an interview with a journalist and I have to read it.  It is unfathomable to me that someone at ABC or her own people haven't realized this is a problem.   

I don't know how she married that jackhole.  One of the things I love about my husband is his view on equality and love.  I could not be with someone who was homophobic.  Says a lot about who they are and it is nothing good.  This tells me she is NOT an ally nor does she find homophobia as reprehensible as it is.  Total fake persona there Nutmeg.

• Love 21
(edited)
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know how she married that jackhole.  

She probably married the first guy who said yes to her proposal in time for Daddy to walk her down the aisle.  The Federalist refuses to state who funds their right-wing website; I suspect it is all or partially funded by Meghan's beer money, since both Ben & Meghan are on the Board of the Federalist.  If she feels so strongly, why hasn't she put an end to homophobic commentary in The Federalist?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
On 6/14/2019 at 1:37 PM, Natalie68 said:

I don't know how she married that jackhole.  One of the things I love about my husband is his view on equality and love.  I could not be with someone who was homophobic.  Says a lot about who they are and it is nothing good.  This tells me she is NOT an ally nor does she find homophobia as reprehensible as it is.  Total fake persona there Nutmeg.

Low self-esteem. No matter how much she runs her mouth about how many dudes she used to pull back in the day, I will never believe that she had dudes lining up to court and then marry her. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Marigny said:

Low self-esteem. No matter how much she runs her mouth about how many dudes she used to pull back in the day, I will never believe that she had dudes lining up to court and then marry her. 

Not after they listened to her valley girl fry voice, for,  oh say, a half hour and only ......the morning after when she wakes up sober, and probably hungover.  

Not exactly wife/ mother of your kids material. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2019 at 10:10 PM, Marigny said:

I’m not a big fan of hers, but I believe it. I know she’s not the most pleasant person, but she’s well-known, rich, and physically attractive. Men will put up with a lot for a pretty girl, especially one of her status.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m not a big fan of hers, but I believe it. I know she’s not the most pleasant person, but she’s well-known, rich, and physically attractive. Men will put up with a lot for a pretty girl, especially one of her status.

At least for one  night, or an hour. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I expect the ladies will be rude to him because he is not Biden.. Megan will be the worst, trying to do a gotcha question with a sneer and contemptuous tone of voice..

Or REALLY insightful, important queries about why he didn't wear a tie to the debate. 

MM isn't worthy of one iota of any of the candidates' attention.she's an entitled  idiot. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Tosia said:

Or REALLY insightful, important queries about why he didn't wear a tie to the debate. 

MM isn't worthy of one iota of any of the candidates' attention.she's an entitled  idiot. 

Meghan belongs on The Real World. 

• Love 4

Please let it be so, or give MM her own show, which we won't have to watch. ABC better be careful because if MM drives Joy to leave the View instead, that will be the end of if because MM, Whoopi, Sunny & Abby are not a big enough draw to keep it going.  I stopped watching when Joy was fired, and rarely watched when she came back because Jed's over-talking made it hard to listen to, and MM made it worse. 

MM belongs in psych ward, not on TV for all to see her have a nervous breakdown.  Her paranoia that SHE is the one being attacked is out of control.  She's the one who starts every screech-fest; everyone else is there for a reasonable discussion.

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Please let it be so, or give MM her own show, which we won't have to watch. ABC better be careful because if MM drives Joy to leave the View instead, that will be the end of if because MM, Whoopi, Sunny & Abby are not a big enough draw to keep it going.  I stopped watching when Joy was fired, and rarely watched when she came back because Jed's over-talking made it hard to listen to, and MM made it worse. 

MM belongs in psych ward, not on TV for all to see her have a nervous breakdown.  Her paranoia that SHE is the one being attacked is out of control.  She's the one who starts every screech-fest; everyone else is there for a reasonable discussion.

Meghan and Abby belong on a sitcom. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Marigny said:

Let it be so, Lord!

The fact that the producers on the show are praising Megan and making light of her deficiencies is disheartening.  The producer who worked with Oprah should be ashamed of herself after working with someone as professional as Oprah. Oprah has her flaws and I have never seen her throw tantrums like Nutmeg.  Megan's nastiness and boorish behavior is the cause of her problems on and off the show. If Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie were still on the show, they would not have tolerated Megan this long..

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The fact that the producers on the show are praising Megan and making light of her deficiencies is disheartening.  The producer who worked with Oprah should be ashamed of herself after working with someone as professional as Oprah. Oprah has her flaws and I have never seen her throw tantrums like Nutmeg.  Megan's nastiness and boorish behavior is the cause of her problems on and off the show. If Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie were still on the show, they would not have tolerated Megan this long..

It used to be all about the ratings which is still true but now they have added in clicks and likes and all that shit with social media.  Just because something or someone is trending doesn't mean good things.

And any discomfort Meghan feels at the View is her own doing.  She is never attacked by her co hosts.  Any time one of them goes at her it's because she went at them first.

• Love 24

With most shows, but particularly a live show like this, even if the producers would rather keep her, most shows don't want to keep an unhappy performer or host. It leaves them too open to problems. 

If she truly wants to leave and makes that clear, they won't take her to court for breach; they'll just settle. 

• Love 4

Call me a skeptic, but I think this whole thing is just for publicity, and she's not going anywhere (darn!). It's probably something her  hubby, Ben, conjured up to keep her name in the media. Honestly, if anyone has ever watched her on the show, they would know how rude she is and all this drama is a bunch of baloney. We shall see.

• Love 15
(edited)
22 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And any discomfort Meghan feels at the View is her own doing.  She is never attacked by her co hosts.  Any time one of them goes at her it's because she went at them first.

You're right that she is not attacked by cohosts.  But she often FEELS attacked when they speak their opinions. She interprets disagreements as personal attacks, and gets defensive, feels she has to fight back.

To me, it looks like a personality disorder. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

CNN now has a follow-up to the Daily Beast piece on a potential Meghan exit  from The View.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/media/meghan-mccain-the-view/index.html

From the article:

McCain has not recently appeared often on ABC's other shows "Good Morning America" and "This Week," to the dismay of some news division staffers and despite network management encouraging her to do so, the senior ABC employee told CNN Business.

I have a hard time believing that. But if that is true then maybe she does want to leave.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

McCain has not recently appeared often on ABC's other shows "Good Morning America" and "This Week," to the dismay of some news division staffers and despite network management encouraging her to do so, the senior ABC employee told CNN Business.

I am pretty sure ABC didn't want her on GMA after her husband's homophobic rage tweeting. And George S. probably put his foot down after her last pathetic appearance on This Week.

• Love 18

"New York (CNN Business)Meghan McCain, feeling dejected and sabotaged by her colleagues at ABC, is seriously thinking about departing "The View," two people familiar with the matter told CNN."

• SHE is feeling dejected and sabotaged?
  • SHE who announced that she gets to speak last?
  • SHE who's Whoopi's "babe" and can do no wrong?
  • SHE who has temper tantrums between segments to get her way (and does)?

Only we viewers are feeling dejected and sabotaged.

• Love 22
(edited)

The View will be much better off without her. Maybe FOX can give her a solo show and she can flop off into the sunset, while The View continues to boom in the ratings as proof that she never played any part in its success. Ratings are where they are in spite of her; anybody could've been sitting in her chair. That insider is absolutely right that they've bent over backwards to cater to her, while her co-workers and the viewers have had to endure it, and yet she's still despised and deranged because even if you put lipstick on a pig, at the end of the day it's still going to be a pig.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The View will be much better off without her. Maybe FOX can give her a solo show and she can flop off into the sunset, while The View continues to boom in the ratings as proof that she never played any part in its success. Ratings are where they are in spite of her; anybody could've been sitting in her chair. That insider is absolutely right that they've bent over backwards to cater to her, while her co-workers and the viewers have had to endure it, and yet she's still despised and deranged because even if you put lipstick on a pig, at the end of the day it's still going to be a pig.

I wonder if Abby would be able to grow in the absence of Meghan 

5 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Call me a skeptic, but I think this whole thing is just for publicity, and she's not going anywhere (darn!). It's probably something her  hubby, Ben, conjured up to keep her name in the media. Honestly, if anyone has ever watched her on the show, they would know how rude she is and all this drama is a bunch of baloney. We shall see.

I think Meghan is just playing people. So many people will look forward to her leaving, and she'll be like "I'm back, bitches." She's evil that way.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I think Meghan is just playing people. So many people will look forward to her leaving, and she'll be like "I'm back, bitches." She's evil that way.

I agree. I think that Megan will stay but she will not last in the new season. At some point she will go too far and not even Whoopie will be able to save her..

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

If they re-sign her, there should be a clause in her contract saying she will be given one week off without pay and walked offstage immediately to the time-out room whenever she disrespects Joy, the producers, other cohosts or staff.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

I think it is all talk to garner interest in the new season since they will be on hiatus soon.  Where will Nutmeg go?  Does she have something else in motion?  I'm pretty sure she won't sit at home waiting for BenD to come home from wherever.  And she won't go back to Arizona, since "my father, John McCain" died there (may he rest in peace).  Ex husband had the glioblastoma and it was not pretty.   Unless the other co hosts are objecting, my uneducated and uninformed guess is that ABC loves all this talk.  She/The View are in the news almost every day.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why is Megan targeting Sunny?

I think this is going to be a big mistake for NutMeg.  Sunny won't take this lying down.  She also has credibility with ABC and with CNN and other journalists.  NutMeg has none.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
44 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think this is going to be a big mistake for NutMeg.  Sunny won't take this lying down.  She also has credibility with ABC and with CNN and other journalists.  NutMeg has none.

Who are people going to believe? A former federal prosecutor and respected journalist or someone's daughter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

It was pointed out that these are "anonymous" sources because defamation (of Sunny in this case) is cause for legal action.  Have to wait and see if there's any truth to any of this. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Typo
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

It was pointed out that these are "anonymous" sources because defamation (of Sunny in this case) is cause for legal action.  Have to wait and see if there's any truth to any of this. 

I think if nothing else, the way NutMeg has been dragged for the "caged animal" comment, which everyone is actually attributing to her (online, twitter), she would have issued a tweet denying that she ever said anything like that.  But because these are clearly her anonymous sources, she cannot deny it.  So that puts Sunny in a good position, if not legally, but certainly with ABC.  To have one of their co-hosts target the other, through anonymous sources, that has got to be a problem.  It's also telling that the producer who is quoted by name says she is sure Sunny is not the leaker.  And that makes sense.  There are probably hundreds of staffers/interns who see it all.  We know that from the past articles/books and from our very own @WonderWuman73 that this stuff plays out in the front of the audience, let alone the staff.

As for Sunny gossiping to a so-called friend of Nutmeg's that she thinks she is not handling things well, etc., hello, that happens in every workplace in the world.  That is nothing. 

The fact that Nutmeg has been silent means this is all her doing, and I would say she better watch out for Sunny. 😆

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

The fact that Nutmeg has been silent means this is all her doing, and I would say she better watch out for Sunny. 😆

There'll be a lot of mug-sipping at that table on the first show back.  😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 8