Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

This, "What could ruin a vacation more than to hear news like this?" has got to be at the top of the list for most idiotic statements by Elisabeth. What could be worse? I could give her quite a list. She's a dumb ass.

• Love 8

Rosie seemed to have confirmed her return to the View on twitter by posting a video of her and her kids saying "take some time to enjoy the view" (which I think was done when the fight first erupted all those years ago). She also is wishing everyone a "hassel free weekend". (I laughed).

HA!  And THAT is why I love Rosie!   No name-calling, no overt bitchiness.  Just some well-placed snark.

• Love 6

I just had this thought and figured I'd just put it out there.....

The way Elisabeth acted with the announcement of Rosie coming back to the show..... Will she continue to comment on what Rosie has to say on Hot Topics as a new segment on her low rated morning show??

I can see her snarking all the time as a way to gain relevancy and having a reason to whine for her fans.

Oh Em Gee @RogerFromOhio  I hadn't thought of that but I bet you're right.   Rosie will trend on Twitter (and she was this morning) or make some other entertainment headline and Bits will attach herself to that spotlight exactly the way she did then and now, seven years later.  Ugh,   One of the reasons I was so glad she got the gig over at Faux was I hoped never to hear from her again except when the stupid stuff they say makes The Daily Show.    She must be thrilled about Rosie showing up.  After all it's only been one day and she's already got her name back in the non-Faux media. 

• Love 7

Oh Em Gee @RogerFromOhio  I hadn't thought of that but I bet you're right.   Rosie will trend on Twitter (and she was this morning) or make some other entertainment headline and Bits will attach herself to that spotlight exactly the way she did then and now, seven years later.  Ugh,   One of the reasons I was so glad she got the gig over at Faux was I hoped never to hear from her again except when the stupid stuff they say makes The Daily Show.    She must be thrilled about Rosie showing up.  After all it's only been one day and she's already got her name back in the non-Faux media. 

This.  I TOTALLY think Bits is peeing her pants in excitement at having a way to be "relevant" again…..  Which is exactly why I think they should all just completely ignore anything she says.  Look what she's done, she's gotten Rosie, Joy and Whoopi to react/respond to her comments.  The best revenge they can take on her is to COMPLETELY ignore anything she says.  Don't react, don't respond, act like you didn't hear a damned thing.  Let her just talk like some crazy street person walking around babbling to herself.

• Love 12

Thanks, Golddustwoman, for the image of Bits walking around talking to herself.  That is going to save me some frustrated, teeth-gnashing when she says stupid stuff. LOL,

• Love 2

Good grief.

Yep, Elisabeth couldn't shut up. She came back with  a response, willing to have a, and my eyes nearly fell out of my head  at this "#momversation" with Rosie. Saying she "tried" to talk to Rosie seven years ago. I'd provide the link, but my 'puter is acting all hinky and you can't see the...wait for it...handwritten note she wrote in reply.  Though the headline also states she's responding to Joy's remarks, nothing in the article even mentions that.

• Love 1
(edited)

This.  I TOTALLY think Bits is peeing her pants in excitement at having a way to be "relevant" again…..  Which is exactly why I think they should all just completely ignore anything she says.  Look what she's done, she's gotten Rosie, Joy and Whoopi to react/respond to her comments.  The best revenge they can take on her is to COMPLETELY ignore anything she says.  Don't react, don't respond, act like you didn't hear a damned thing.  Let her just talk like some crazy street person walking around babbling to herself.

I wish they would all just IGNORE Elisabeth, already! Rosie has already mentioned Bitsy too much already. Joy should have declined to talk about Bitsy. I don't understand why they don't realize that every time they say her name, they make her relevant. Especially Rosie.

Edited by kellyg
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well here's another site that has the twait's "analysis" regarding Rosie's return. What the fuck? Analysis, my flat ass. Trying to sound intelligent but comes off the opposite. Like a nimrodic maroon.

This idiot has me second guessing my typing skills!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

But, but, but...as much as I love to snark on Bitsy, aren't we all doing the same as Rosie, Joy and Whoopi right here on these forums?  We certainly aren't ignoring her comments, and you know that Bitsy is Googling her name in the heat of all this to see if she's succeeded in becoming "relevant" again.  What else does she have to do on her "staycation"?

It's so easy for us to suggest that her comments be ignored, but oh so hard to do!   And, being shallow as I am, I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on some good "hasseling" snark just yet.  Let's face it:  Bitsy is at her best when she's at her worst.

Carry on...LOL.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yikes, do I feel like an idiot. For some reason, this thread wasn't showing me that there were unread posts in it last night when I posted in some other threads the news about Rosie being confirmed. So sorry about that , and everyone!

Duh, I was wondering last night why the news had been out for several hours but no one had posted it here. As much as I love the various threads and topics here, it's sometimes hard to keep it all straight and know where something ls being posted. 

I just had this thought and figured I'd just put it out there.....

The way Elisabeth acted with the announcement of Rosie coming back to the show..... Will she continue to comment on what Rosie has to say on Hot Topics as a new segment on her low rated morning show??

I can see her snarking all the time as a way to gain relevancy and having a reason to whine for her fans.

@RogerFromOhio, sorry that I also didn't see your post when I made a similar comment last night in one of the other threads (don't ask me which one, though; I have no idea, lol).

In the past, some of the Fox shows have highlighted things said on The View, usually something Joy said. So, I think once Rosie is on there, they'll be watching for something she says that they can bring up on Fox & Friends and have EH attack. As I said in my other post last night, once again Rosie will be making EH relevant. Sigh.

I would like about ten "like" votes for this comment!

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 5

What an odd article. I think since Rosie has signed on Geddie is OUT. Plus would ABC pay his salary plus WG's and RO'D? Especially when Geddie is so responsible for the downfall of the show and his stupid What's Poppin, even appearing in skits, and looking oh so important going in to talk to Whoopi after hot topics on stage....and on and on. Oh - and hiring SS and JM. And stupid cold topics and irrelevant guests, so many reality "stars."

Actually, I think Whoopi and Rosie think much alike, and there will be some sparks of course, but WG over and over has said she is there for the paycheck...And, I assume, not carry much responsibility. Seems to me there is respect for each other and their accomplishments as well (and charitable endeavors) and neither would particularly have the same for JM and SS.

I am looking forward to seeing them work together....and better guests and hot topics.

• Love 3

Interesting theory that next season might be the last one:

'The View' is looking for a conservative voice as a counter to Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS   Sunday, July 13, 2014, 2:00 AM

As the new version of “The View” comes into focus, it's clear the Barbara Walters-produced talk show is screaming for attention.

Why else would producers re-hire Rosie O’Donnell, a co-host who famously stormed off the set — and the show — following a fiery 2007 argument with then co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck?

We’ve been told at least part of the reason for Rosie’s return is that producers want her strong opinions on the air in the run-up to the 2016 presidential election.

It’s also worth speculating here whether that season will be its last. And if that’s what’s in the cards, Walters, who sources insist still calls the shots, plans to send the show out with a bang.

With O’Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg locked in, it almost doesn’t matter who ends up filling the seats between them, though it makes sense that “The View” is hunting for a conservative voice as a counterweight to the co-hosts liberal heft.

There are those in the TV industry who believe that producers are also seeking to add a Latina and have been holding talks with New York City radio stars Angie Martinez and Carolina Bermudez. And the show’s conservative voice on the round-table could come from S.E. Cupp, a rising star who who leaped from MSNBC to CNN last year.

Look for someone to fill those chairs soon even though reps for “The View” continue to insist that they have no plans to make any announcements ... just as they did before Thursday when they announced O’Donnell was joining the show. And just as they did when they denied that Hasselbeck, Joy Behar and even Walters planned to leave the show.

Pssst, they all did.

The fact that "they" are considering people based on political affiliations is just laughable, to me. This show is NOT a news show, never was. When they  speak about anything related to politics, I just can't take any of them seriously.

• Love 6

Interesting the article says Barbara is still calling the shots. I thought she was more of a figurehead and it looked like she was under lots of pressure from ABC execs...and would she really oust her joined at the hip professional partner, Bill G.? He is probably getting a financially incredible goodbye package plus articles have commented that he'll have special projects with ABC to work on.

Going into an election year, while they are not a news show, it would be great to have some intelligent, likeable, informed women on the panel to discuss issues.

• Love 1

it would be great to have some intelligent, likeable, informed women on the panel to discuss issues

Indeed it would be great. It's been quite some time since this was the case.

• Love 2

The fact that "they" are considering people based on political affiliations is just laughable, to me. This show is NOT a news show, never was. When they  speak about anything related to politics, I just can't take any of them seriously.

That's why I deleted the timer for this show from my DVR after the first day of the new season in September 2011. I knew that once 2012 came, I'd be getting so aggravated listening to them discuss politics with only half of the information, or a complete misunderstanding of the issues. I decided I just couldn't take them discussing politics, especially Sherri and EH.

No way its the last year.  They wouldn't go through this much trouble to repair/boost the show just to end it a year later.

I agree, especially since the Rosie year was their best year for ratings. They're hoping for that again. The only way they'd cancel it is if the ratings totally tanked next season, which isn't likely.

Just to piss Bisty off, I hope next season has the highest ratings ever.

• Love 2

Jenny McCarthy Reacts to Rosie O'Donnell Rejoining The View: "They Are Definitely Going in the Direction of Fire" (Attention Grabbing article title from US)

In the article Jenny mentions that the big announcement about her future plans will be on Monday

(along with drinking beer, eating popcorn and watching The View each day at 11)

"Monday there will be a big announcement," she said. "Everyone should do something they love doing but that shows off their strengths and have fun while doing it."

Jenny is heading to Sirius XM.  Lovely.  Everything I wanted to know about her sex life will be out for public display.  Good luck with that Donnie.  (sigh.) 

Half the reason Jenny gets work (even with female viewers) is how she looks.  Radio?  Good luck with that, Jenny.

• Love 3

I disagree with Joy that the fluff that the show had when she was first on with Meredith, Lisa and Star is comparable to the stuff recently. They actually had decent non-yelly conversations back then.

• Love 4

Article from the Daily Beast.  Of note: claims that Geddie will not be back and Babs did give up her ownership of the show. 

There are so many lies running around this story it is tough to know what to believe. .... this was at the end of the article

In the past few months, when O’Donnell’s name surfaced in internal discussions at the program, Geddie was said to be resistant to her return. But Walters—who sees the show as her legacy and wants it to thrive—was enthusiastic. A person close to the broadcasting legend said she was instrumental in O’Donnell’s comeback, inserting herself into the comedian’s negotiations for an ABC contract (worth a reported $10 million a year) before heading off to a European vacation last week.

But a source at ABC insisted Walters was merely “consulted” and “informed” concerning O’Donnell’s hiring. “The decision was made by ABC,” said the source

I'm sure ABC made the final decision but Barbara Walters seems to have had a bigger hand in Rosie returning than was previously reported..... I'm sure someone will write a book with all the dirt.

Since this topic includes "in the media," I hope I can ask this question.  I've avoided Twitter for years but am tempted to join (or whatever one does).  This is my question.  MUST I "follow" people to make comments on their Twitter pages?  I'd like to just do some hit-and-runs occasionally.

Since this topic includes "in the media," I hope I can ask this question.  I've avoided Twitter for years but am tempted to join (or whatever one does).  This is my question.  MUST I "follow" people to make comments on their Twitter pages?  I'd like to just do some hit-and-runs occasionally.

Yes you can do hit and run Tweets..... following someone means their tweets come across your news feed..... I love having discussions with people who seem misinformed....... it is so random

• Love 1
(edited)

Article from the Daily Beast.  Of note: claims that Geddie will not be back and Babs did give up her ownership of the show. 

That article is very believable to me. As I said weeks ago when Sherri and Jenny were let go and there were conflicting reports about Geddie's future, it seemed to me that there was a behind the scenes battle going on for control of the show. I'm happy that Geddie lost and hope to never hear from him again.

The only fact I find hard to believe is that Rosie's getting $10 million a year. If that's true...wow, just wow. And, of course, it goes without saying: Bite it, Bitsy! 

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 5

The only fact I find hard to believe is that Rosie's getting $10 million a year. If that's true...wow, just wow. 

If this is true, seems they would have to give Whoopi a raise as well.  Whoopi reportedly makes about $5 million.  Isn't the moderator the highest paid position?

If this is true, seems they would have to give Whoopi a raise as well.  Whoopi reportedly makes about $5 million.  Isn't the moderator the highest paid position?

Whoopi's contract is up for renewal next year so she could definitely negotiate for it if she wants to stay. On the other hand, Rosie is coming on not just as host, but she seems to have some producing/behind the scenes powers as well.

• Love 2

That is absolutely insane.  This, is why this country is so bizarre anymore.  I can't make any logical sense of it.  Hard working people cannot get jobs in this economy, the middle class is disappearing before our very eyes, whilst untalented people reap a gazillion dollars a year.

• Love 6
(edited)

@mtlchick,  this article made my day!!!  Good news all around:  Sweaty Dickhead Geddie  leaving against his will, Babs being relieved of her duties and yet keeping the title Creator, lol.  

Hell, if Whoopi's been getting  $5milion for  just showing up and doing the bare minimum then a draw like Rosie should be paid at least double.  The show got by being super cheap for a long time.  Sounds like someone finally realized you have to spend a little  money to make money. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
(edited)

That is absolutely insane.  This, is why this country is so bizarre anymore.  I can't make any logical sense of it.  Hard working people cannot get jobs in this economy, the middle class is disappearing before our very eyes, whilst untalented people reap a gazillion dollars a year.

I understand (and share) your frustration @NextIteration but remember ABC/Disney is making tons of money off this show.  Now it seems someone there has decided we the viewers are a factor in that.   It's all relative.  By the way, totally off topic, I feel the same way about professional sports. 

edited for spelling

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2