Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

The View in the Media

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Since when?  Every word out of her mouth indicates she thinks she's good at it and entitled to her job.

To be fair, I think her comment was in reference to the idea that her association in politics doesn't mean that she would be a good politician or mean that she's entitled to hold office. Being good or feeling entitled to comment on politics is a different story. In that respect, yes, she does use her family's association to the military and to politics as a means to validate her opinions.

I was listening to Tara Setmayer's podcast and she briefly talked about being a guest co-host on the show and how it's a nice change of pace for her, since she's usually having spirited political debates on CNN. She talks about Abby going on maternity leave and says hopefully she'll be called back again as a guest co-host because she enjoys it. She encourages people to leave comments on The View's social media if they like seeing her on the show because they "definitely read the comments." 

My first thought: They check their social media? You sure about that, Tara?! A certain someone would be gone by now if that were the case. Lol.

My Second thought: I wonder if she's looking to be a (more) permanent fixture on the show? Perhaps TPTB are leaving the door open for her, or someone else, to replace Abby? I'd take her over Abby any day, but I don't think Meghan will be gone until at least after 2020. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She encourages people to leave comments on The View's social media if they like seeing her on the show because they "definitely read the comments." 

My first thought: They check their social media? You sure about that, Tara?! A certain someone would be gone by now if that were the case. Lol.

Ahhh....checking their social media and "definitely read the comments," doesn't mean they plan to take action on that basis.  Any action. They just laugh at those  who dare to post anything negative (or even positive).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ahhh....checking their social media and "definitely read the comments," doesn't mean they plan to take action on that basis.  Any action. They just laugh at those  who dare to post anything negative (or even positive).

Yeahhhh, I know, I know! 😞 Wouldn't it be nice if it were true, though? lol

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

5 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Whoopi and her mom look EXACTLY the same. That is crazy!

ITA - it took me a couple minutes to decide who was mother, who was daughter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Whoopi and her mom look EXACTLY the same. That is crazy!

Whoa..they really do!👀

Screenshot_20190515-144620.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Damn. Cant watch this in Canada.

I know!  I can see Canada from my house.  Still can't watch CBC online.  I miss Corner Gas.

Sorry, off topic but we need to rally the troops and get on this problem.  Friends for ever!!!!🙋‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

On 5/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, UYI said:

It's not as funny as it was the last time IMO, but SNL did another sketch on the show.

I hope they have a Sunny impersonator next year. 

• Like 3

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

Meghan McCain Is Red, White, and Blunt

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

(Bolded text was the author's question/comment.)

Yet you're also pro-life?

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

That actually sounds more pro-choice to me.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

5 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

Wow, why couldn’t she be this person on The View? 

• Like 5
  • Surprise 1

27 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

Great detective work! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

Beside the fact that she denies being a feminist because feminists, you know, exclude conservative pro choice republicans. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She got married and like every other feminist she is falling in line.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

And this is only six years ago.  What happened? (Oh yeah, the rabid right wing husband and his family.)

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

22 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

Has she ever clarified this on the show? Or to the organization that gave her an award for her pro-life stance? Does she honestly think that every single person who says they are pro-choice are in favour of abortion as a personal choice?

Patricia Heaton is/was a Republican who is vocally pro-life AND a part of Feminists for Life - spaces exist but if Meghan acknowledged that then she wouldn't get to complain about how she can't get a seat at the pro-choice table.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, falltime said:

Oh my god, their imitations of what they would have to do to get noticed more (ie. act like Meghan) at the end cracked me up!

• Like 2