Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

The View in the Media

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Since when?  Every word out of her mouth indicates she thinks she's good at it and entitled to her job.

To be fair, I think her comment was in reference to the idea that her association in politics doesn't mean that she would be a good politician or mean that she's entitled to hold office. Being good or feeling entitled to comment on politics is a different story. In that respect, yes, she does use her family's association to the military and to politics as a means to validate her opinions.

Share this post


Link to post

I was listening to Tara Setmayer's podcast and she briefly talked about being a guest co-host on the show and how it's a nice change of pace for her, since she's usually having spirited political debates on CNN. She talks about Abby going on maternity leave and says hopefully she'll be called back again as a guest co-host because she enjoys it. She encourages people to leave comments on The View's social media if they like seeing her on the show because they "definitely read the comments." 

My first thought: They check their social media? You sure about that, Tara?! A certain someone would be gone by now if that were the case. Lol.

My Second thought: I wonder if she's looking to be a (more) permanent fixture on the show? Perhaps TPTB are leaving the door open for her, or someone else, to replace Abby? I'd take her over Abby any day, but I don't think Meghan will be gone until at least after 2020. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She encourages people to leave comments on The View's social media if they like seeing her on the show because they "definitely read the comments." 

My first thought: They check their social media? You sure about that, Tara?! A certain someone would be gone by now if that were the case. Lol.

Ahhh....checking their social media and "definitely read the comments," doesn't mean they plan to take action on that basis.  Any action. They just laugh at those  who dare to post anything negative (or even positive).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ahhh....checking their social media and "definitely read the comments," doesn't mean they plan to take action on that basis.  Any action. They just laugh at those  who dare to post anything negative (or even positive).

Yeahhhh, I know, I know! 😞 Wouldn't it be nice if it were true, though? lol

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Whoopi and her mom look EXACTLY the same. That is crazy!

ITA - it took me a couple minutes to decide who was mother, who was daughter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Whoopi and her mom look EXACTLY the same. That is crazy!

Whoa..they really do!👀

Screenshot_20190515-144620.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Damn. Cant watch this in Canada.

I know!  I can see Canada from my house.  Still can't watch CBC online.  I miss Corner Gas.

Sorry, off topic but we need to rally the troops and get on this problem.  Friends for ever!!!!🙋‍♀️🤷‍♀️

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, UYI said:

It's not as funny as it was the last time IMO, but SNL did another sketch on the show.

I hope they have a Sunny impersonator next year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

Meghan McCain Is Red, White, and Blunt

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

(Bolded text was the author's question/comment.)

Yet you're also pro-life?

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

That actually sounds more pro-choice to me.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

Meghan McCain Is Red, White, and Blunt

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

(Bolded text was the author's question/comment.)

Yet you're also pro-life?

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

That actually sounds more pro-choice to me.

Wow, why couldn’t she be this person on The View? 

  • Like 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

Great detective work! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

That actually sounds more pro-choice to me.

Beside the fact that she denies being a feminist because feminists, you know, exclude conservative pro choice republicans. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Wow, why couldn’t she be this person on The View? 

She got married and like every other feminist she is falling in line.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Wow, why couldn’t she be this person on The View? 

And this is only six years ago.  What happened? (Oh yeah, the rabid right wing husband and his family.)

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

Meghan McCain Is Red, White, and Blunt

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

(Bolded text was the author's question/comment.)

Yet you're also pro-life?

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

That actually sounds more pro-choice to me.

2

Has she ever clarified this on the show? Or to the organization that gave her an award for her pro-life stance? Does she honestly think that every single person who says they are pro-choice are in favour of abortion as a personal choice?

Patricia Heaton is/was a Republican who is vocally pro-life AND a part of Feminists for Life - spaces exist but if Meghan acknowledged that then she wouldn't get to complain about how she can't get a seat at the pro-choice table.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, falltime said:

Oh my god, their imitations of what they would have to do to get noticed more (ie. act like Meghan) at the end cracked me up!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×