Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Damn. Cant watch this in Canada.

I know!  I can see Canada from my house.  Still can't watch CBC online.  I miss Corner Gas.

Sorry, off topic but we need to rally the troops and get on this problem.  Friends for ever!!!!🙋‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
On 5/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, UYI said:

It's not as funny as it was the last time IMO, but SNL did another sketch on the show.

I hope they have a Sunny impersonator next year. 

• Love 3

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

Meghan McCain Is Red, White, and Blunt

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

(Bolded text was the author's question/comment.)

Yet you're also pro-life?

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

That actually sounds more pro-choice to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

This NYT Magazine article was such a kiss-up to Meghan. She had to have paid someone to gush over her, after this week's PR disasters.

I googled the author's name (Amanda Fitzsimons), and lo and behold, there was a connection. She used to work for Elle magazine, and interviewed MM back in Oct of 2013. Hmm, coincidence?

One interesting tidbit was MM's response to being Pro-Life. She sounded reasonable:

I've been accused of being antifeminist for that reason. But the idea that you can't be a Republican and pro-life and still be a feminist is dangerous. I am pro-life, but I'm not for repealing Roe v. Wade. I don't want to tell other people what to do with their bodies.

Wow, why couldn’t she be this person on The View? 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Eileen Dover said:

Great detective work! 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

Beside the fact that she denies being a feminist because feminists, you know, exclude conservative pro choice republicans. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Wow, why couldn’t she be this person on The View? 

And this is only six years ago.  What happened? (Oh yeah, the rabid right wing husband and his family.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Eileen Dover said:

Has she ever clarified this on the show? Or to the organization that gave her an award for her pro-life stance? Does she honestly think that every single person who says they are pro-choice are in favour of abortion as a personal choice?

Patricia Heaton is/was a Republican who is vocally pro-life AND a part of Feminists for Life - spaces exist but if Meghan acknowledged that then she wouldn't get to complain about how she can't get a seat at the pro-choice table.

• Love 2

I brought this over from last week's episode thread, regarding the most recent SNL skit, which again didn't feature Sunny.

1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

And...since Sunny is also a Latina (and I've written this before)...and since Villasenor is an excellent impersonator, she could have done Sunny just as well.  It was odd that Ana was featured and Sunny wasn't--twice.  Still, it was enjoyable.

I think because Sunny is also African American, SNL may not want to white-wash her  -- i.e. have a white or white Latina performer play her. Unless/until they have an African American and/or African American/Latin American cast member or guest, we may not see someone impersonate Sunny.

Whitewashing been a hot-button issue for a while. Scarlett Johansson came under fire for  playing an Asian character in Ghost in the ShellShe later exited a film where she was to play a trans man, due to objections.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

I brought this over from last week's episode thread, regarding the most recent SNL skit, which again didn't feature Sunny.

I think because Sunny is also African American, SNL may not want to white-wash her  -- i.e. have a white or white Latina performer play her. Unless/until they have an African American and/or African American/Latin American cast member or guest, we may not see someone impersonate Sunny.

Whitewashing been a hot-button issue for a while. Scarlett Johansson came under fire for  playing an Asian character in Ghost in the ShellShe later exited a film where she was to play a trans man, due to objections.

Scarlett Johansson was cast an Asian??? 😂 who was the other actress Amy Adams? 

Sorry, it was Emma Stone.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 1

Okay, I had a sneaky suspicion that the author of the NY Times was/is a friend of MM. That article so infuriated me that I wrote to the Times and ask why the other ladies weren't mentioned as often as MM, how rude and condescending she is to the other hosts, and the audience as well.  Oh, and I also mentioned that the photo shopping made MM look much thinner than she really is! So, didn't get a reply, but felt soooooo much better just having written my letter.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

Can I talk about the book without giving anything away?  It is well written and is a culmination of years and years of working with the ladies and using older statements they all have made.

I am nearly done with it and am loving it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Can I talk about the book without giving anything away?  It is well written and is a culmination of years and years of working with the ladies and using older statements they all have made.

I am nearly done with it and am loving it.

I read it as well and enjoyed it.  My only complaint is none of Meghan's obnoxious behavior is mentioned.  Not surprising since the author is friends with Meghan. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I read it as well and enjoyed it.  My only complaint is none of Meghan's obnoxious behavior is mentioned.  Not surprising since the author is friends with Meghan. 

SPOILER ALERT!  Jeez! I have looked up the author and made sure I didn't tell anything about the contents of the book or the author.  Readers like to find out their own information in their own time.  ARGH!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Hmmm no mention of Joy or RBM in that tweet...

I wonder if one or both are on vacation next week.

I didn’t even notice that until you mentioned it, lol. Well we know which one we hope isn’t on the show next week...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

Hmmm no mention of Joy or RBM in that tweet...

I wonder if one or both are on vacation next week.

Maybe Joy and Meggie went on vacation together to Arizona. Meggie can explain to her how people in Arizona think, and they can channel their inner Annie Oakley by shooting, drinking, and wearing cowgirl outfits.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I thought Miss ToughChick didn't care about the crap written about her because she was um, tough? 

Interesting how she is trying to claim  victimhood based on her conservative status , when really we all know it's her shitty personality, stupidity,  low class behavior, and trying to cash in on her dad's name  that's to blame for the jokes. 

• Love 16

Looks like Moss is leaning away from Meghan "Abortion is murder" McCain. I am puzzled by the article that the author asked Meghan to re-tweet mentions the crumbling of women's rights/ A crumbling that Meghan is cheering for. It all makes no sense.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, falltime said:

A facebook live thing.

Based on the responses Meghan got when she tweeted about Pride Day, I'm making a note to check the Facebook responses on this.  Should be interesting.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yes, it's the Daily Mail, but come on, this is a good one! 

Whoopi is at her breaking point with Meghan: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7111889/Whoopi-Goldberg-breaking-point-Meghan-McCain-View.html

From the article regarding Meghan's behaviour --

'The 34-year-old former Fox News commentator has reportedly developed a reputation for being nasty to certain producers, to the hair and makeup team and she regularly complains about the show's executive producers to ABC bosses.'

No surprise to us. We see what they do to her.  I think they made an oopsie and left out Wardrobe dept.  Also love that she goes above her View producers' heads to complain to the head honchos at the network.  She is totally that kind of person.  No surprise there either. 

Another GEM from the article:

'Also currently missing from the show is former Fox News host Abby Huntsman, who is on maternity leave. Huntsman was selected as the new co-host for The View in September 2018, despite viewers asking for Navarro to join the show permanently and Goldberg lobbying for Setmayer.'

'ABC executives apparently hired Huntsman to offer some emotional support to McCain, whose polarizing presence on the show regularly receives online backlash and scrutiny, and the show's research on her scored extremely low.' 

'The source said: 'The network felt as though hiring Meghan's best friend would make her more likable.'  

🤣🤣😂  Omg.  How sad is that?  So Abby was basically hired to be Meghan's therapy dog?  🤣

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

ABC executives apparently hired Huntsman to offer some emotional support to McCain, whose polarizing presence on the show regularly receives online backlash and scrutiny, and the show's research on her scored extremely low.' 

Back in the day that would have got you fired. Just ask Star and Elisabeth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Cementhead said:

🤣🤣😂  Omg.  How sad is that?  So Abby was basically hired to be Meghan's therapy dog?  🤣

Ha!  That sounds about right.  Abby is a golden retriever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 6/7/2019 at 9:04 AM, heysmilinstrange said:
On 6/7/2019 at 5:50 AM, Haleth said:

Ha!  That sounds about right.  Abby is a golden retriever.

That Meghan is regularly rude to. What a good friend.

Abby is EXACTLY like a golden retriever...they just love everyone no matter how badly they're treated.  There does come a breaking point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8