Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

No Palin, no way! I wouldn't watch, dvr or read about the show. I find her condescension unbearable.

Maybe the half governor wants a shot to be the half talk show host!

• Love 3

I liked this part the best:

Thank you guys for supporting us!” Jenny said moments later, getting in the last word as she put her face up to Sherri’s for screen-grabbing purposes.

And this:

ABC responded with a statement:  “The View will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively.” The network forgot to send the memo to Walters, who last week was quoted as saying, “I don’t think we have a new direction, yet. I think we have time.”

And that, in turn, was in marked contrast to Babs’ declaration in April, right before she stepped down as The View’s on air Den Mom, that Shepherd “definitely” was coming back next season as were McCarthy and Goldberg.

• Love 1

I'd eliminate the position of audience wrangler...the guy (Tom?) makes the audience cheer, laugh, clap, stand up, etc.  If the audience could be left on its own--like normal adults, perhaps ABC and production could see (immediately) what kind of reaction their panelists get.  

• Love 4

I'd love to see Palin on. It would be way too much fun to watch the idiocy. I don't give a damn what political BS she spews.

If Rosie comes on, Palin would be terrified of her.  She never speaks to anyone smarter than she is.

• Love 7
(edited)

Just posted in Variety:

ABC Looking For New Producers for The View

"ABC Daytime execs are in the midst of a extensive search for new producers to take the reins of “The View” as the show prepares to replace most of its panelists for its 18th season.

Industry sources say execs are reaching out to a range of producers with experience in daytime TV and news in an effort to inject “fresh energy” into the show. The new hires may well include a co-showrunner to work alongside founding “View” exec producer Bill Geddie. With all the on-air changes, the biz has presumed that Geddie would be giving up his day-to-day showrunner duties as part of the shakeup but ABC sources insist this is not the case.

The hunt for new producers is mirrored by the show’s search for new faces to join moderator Whoopi Goldberg on the panel when the show’s new season begins Sept. 15. Barbara Walters, originator of the series, retired from the show in May, an exit that was planned for more than a year. But late last month word surfaced that Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy would not be returning in September.

Rosie O’Donnell is set to return to the show where she had a volatile run in the 2006-07 season, and TMZ is reporting that she struck a deal on Tuesday afternoon with ABC to come back. Her appearance as a guest in February delivered a ratings bump, a number that did not go unnoticed by execs.

The intensity of the search effort in the past two weeks for panelists and producers is a clear sign that network execs had not hammered out a plan for the post-Walters “View” at the time that Shepherd and McCarthy’s departures became public. “The View” makeover has become the top priority for ABC Daytime prexy Lisa Hackner and a big focus for incoming Disney/ABC Television topper Ben Sherwood.

Sources say “View” is casting a wide net for prominent women to bring a culturally conservative perspective to the panel, as well as women versed in politics and comedy. O’Donnell would add a strong liberal voice to the panel.

There has been much talk of the possibility that a man will join the panel as a regular. Sources caution that dozens of scenarios are under consideration, but there’s a strong feeling that the core “View” panel should remain all femmes in order to preserve the show’s “women talking to women” vibe.

Shepherd and McCarthy will remain with the show through Aug. 8."

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 4

Oh Jenny.  

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2014/07/08/jenny-mccarthy-planned-the-view-20-years/

For the crack she made about Joan Rivers' face yesterday, the pictures of her here are not any better.  Egads. 

That excerpt of her interview is awesome @mtlchick but I wish I wasn't drinking coffee when I read it.  Nothing like a latte out the nose to perk up my afternoon.  Oh Jenny, indeed.  I hope she continues with the classes anyway. Maybe she could even toss a science class or two in there and find out what can happen  when kids aren't vaccinated. 

In an interview conducted in May – about a month before she announced her View departure – McCarthy was still envisioning a long and happy career on the show.

When asked where she saw herself in 20 years, she told New You magazine:

“Believe it or not, I think I’m still on The View. I love the show. I’m doing so much work to improve myself—signing up for critical thinking courses and doing all my media training. I want to be at the top of my game, and when I’m 60 I want to still have a face that moves.”

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope she continues with the classes anyway. Maybe she could even toss a science class or two in there and find out what can happen  when kids aren't vaccinated. 

One can only hope and pray, but perhaps the critical thinking will help her realize that when a fake study is so utterly and completely debunked, it's time to disconnect from the author/fake doctor.  Oh, and that there is no "cure" or "recovery from" autism.

Speaking of Sarah she's doing ANYTHING to keep herself in the media.  ::eyeroll::

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

I was actually going to suggest they should try to get Meredith, Lisa, or Joy to come do some guest spots while they introduce the new co-hosts so it still feels like The View and not a dramatic overhaul.

Elisabeth saying Rosie produced the reunion show says to me Rosie came in, saw what a clusterfuck Geddie was getting himself into, and started taking charge.

(edited)

Elizabeth is pissed. No way did she get on Fox and Friends blasting Rosie without the approval of Getty and Barbara. They must be angry that Rosie is taking over.

Wow.

Edited by Miss Slay

I think BW would be thrilled to death if Casey Anthony started co-hosting as long as it meant the show continued.  It's a big part of the legacy she has built up in her own mind.  Elisabeth has no integrity or loyalty to anyone, Fox wanted her to make some waves by calling in during her vacation and I bet she never gave it a second thought.

Her statements are really funny if you read the transcripts.  Her sentences just do not make sense.  Talk about securing the borders!

• Love 6

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Bringing Rosie Back is Treason!

[snip] Elisabeth said, "Here comes to "The View" the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network and really in the face of a person who stood by her and had civilized debates for the time that she was there."

The video with Elisabeth calling in from her 'staycation' is brutal to listen to. It is SO OBVIOUS to me that someone TOLD Elisabeth to call in to Fox & Friends to stir the pot. I don't believe any of her 'opinions' are her own. I believe she is a puppet who regurgitates whatever propaganda and talking points someone else feeds her.

Even if she did believe in some of the garbage she spews, I don't believe for a second that she actually does her own "research" to form her own opinions. I think someone hands to her daily, a script of psychosis and hatred to memorize; so she can then spread that evil rhetoric to the masses.

• Love 10

The video with Elisabeth calling in from her 'staycation' is brutal to listen to. It is SO OBVIOUS to me that someone TOLD Elisabeth to call in to Fox & Friends to stir the pot. I don't believe any of her 'opinions' are her own. I believe she is a puppet who regurgitates whatever propaganda and talking points someone else feeds her.

It wasn't a spur of the moment thing. on twitter she was telling people to tune in to listen to her opinion on it.

• Love 5

It wasn't a spur of the moment thing. on twitter she was telling people to tune in to listen to her opinion on it.

Oh, I never believed it was a spur of the moment thing. The hatred she spews is choreographed in advance.

• Love 5

Wow, what a steaming pile of bitter, hate filled BS from Lizzie, clearly scripted solely to be thrown out as red meat for the low info, Rosie hating, comparatively small ClusterFox & Friends audience. To be sure, Rosie is not everyone's cup of tea, but that was just ugly. Keep it klassy Liz. ::eyeroll::

Another voice happy to see the departures of Sherri and Jenny:

"Anyway, I know in the long term all this host shuffling on a daytime TV talk show doesn’t mean a huge amount, but I do think it means something. A lot of folks watch TV, of course, and millions still get a lot of their news and information from shows like The View. That means the producers, in turn, have responsibility for what they say and do. Hiring people to give opinions who are known mostly for their advocacy of provable nonsense is not raising the level of discourse in this country, and that’s something we sorely, sorely need."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/07/09/the_view_mccarthy_and_shepherd_to_leave_daytime_talk_show.html

• Love 4

Wow, what a steaming pile of bitter, hate filled BS from Lizzie, clearly scripted solely to be thrown out as red meat for the low info, Rosie hating, comparatively small ClusterFox & Friends audience. To be sure, Rosie is not everyone's cup of tea, but that was just ugly. Keep it klassy Liz. ::eyeroll::

Another voice happy to see the departures of Sherri and Jenny:

I think her comments were scripted too....... she was even "reporting" on twitter last night to be sure to watch so they can comment on what she had to say... all she had was misinformation and hate.... she must be livid because she has become irrelevant... except for Faux News.... she is a fake blond ya know

• Love 6

Bits is all lathered up and bent out of shape about Rosie returning. Love it that Bits is steamed about this!

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/inside--the-view--shakeup-%E2%80%94-latest-scoop-on-rosie--elisabeth-hasselbeck--sarah-palin--and-more---184936879.html

At the end of the video she said.... Dont mess with this pregnant momma...... holy cow..... is she always going to see herself as pregnant?? Isnt there more to life then just procreating?? I still say that her last kid belongs to Sean Hannity

• Love 1

At the end of the video she said.... Dont mess with this pregnant momma...... holy cow..... is she always going to see herself as pregnant?? Isnt there more to life then just procreating?? I still say that her last kid belongs to Sean Hannity

Loved the one word reply from Rosie they put in the article. She knows how fake Elisabeth is by this point. She's not even entertaining this bitch anymore.

• Love 5
(edited)

Of course Bitsy is commenting on Rosie and The View since picking nonsensical fights with Rosie O'Donnell is what got her noticed by Faux in the first place.   I should know better by now than to let that blonde moron get me riled but, "spit in the face of our military?" Geezus.  I just have two words about that: Fisher House.   Of course in Bitsyland,  writing a big check and showing up isn't as patriotic as running around upstate NY carrying a massive American flag.    If anything I think that Blondie has become even crazier and I hate even thinking about her for one minute.    

But while I am thinking about Bits, what I really want to know from anyone that watches her new show - does she still wear those taupe suede shoes and how often? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Remember when Bitsy said that she used to talk to her friend Sean Hannity about topics coming up on The View?  And for a while it was pretty clear that Bitsy was being fed her "opinions" by Hannity?    I suspect that her rant about Rosie was also scripted for her. 

Now -   I read on one site that Bitsy said Rosie "SPIT in the face of our military".  And the video on that site seemed to support that.  But on Yahoo, the article says she said "a  person who's BEEN in the face of our military."  And, that's what I hear on the audio, when i listen on that site.   How are other people hearing what she said?  Yahoo's verson  - BEEN in tha face...   doesn't seem so outrageous.   before going n that site, I was 100% positive she said SPIT.

(Blech...I don't want to talk about elizabeth or even hear about her. She is using this time to "make sparks" and publicity for herself and her new network by making snide negative comments about Rosie and the show. Get over it Lizzie and be gracious and quiet! And stop with the ridiculous comments about how rosie is not patriotic and doesn't support the troops. That's pure crap.)

Cindy Adams' column in the New York Post has a couple paragraph's about the show and isn't very complimentary of The View or how ABC is handling things. She says Bill Geddie will be gone and Whoppie's contract for the next year has her being moderator. Given that Cindy is Barbara's very close friend I doubt what she writes is wrong and her sour grapes about ABC may reflect how Babs thinks she and Bill are being I'll treated.

• Love 4

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Bringing Rosie Back is Treason!

Even if she did believe in some of the garbage she spews, I don't believe for a second that she actually does her own "research" to form her own opinions. I think someone hands to her daily, a script of psychosis and hatred to memorize; so she can then spread that evil rhetoric to the masses.

"Treason"?  Really Elisabitch?  Even for you that's over the top.

• Love 2

Not to defend EH, but I think that "treason" part is just TMZ's inflammatory headline. EH didn't use the word "treason".

Now -   I read on one site that Bitsy said Rosie "SPIT in the face of our military".  And the video on that site seemed to support that.  But on Yahoo, the article says she said "a  person who's BEEN in the face of our military."  And, that's what I hear on the audio, when i listen on that site.   How are other people hearing what she said?  Yahoo's verson  - BEEN in tha face...   doesn't seem so outrageous.   before going n that site, I was 100% positive she said SPIT.

I just listened to it again on that TMZ link and it does sound like she said "been in the face of", not "spit in the face of". 

• Love 2

I don't even know what the phrase "support the troops" means.  Waving the flag and cheering when they come home and ride in parades?  Standing ovations when they appear on TV shows?  Or not cutting veterans' benefits and seeing that they get the support and healthcare they need when they return?  That last part kinda lets her friends in Washington out. 

• Love 7

I don't even know what the phrase "support the troops" means.  Waving the flag and cheering when they come home and ride in parades?  Standing ovations when they appear on TV shows?  Or not cutting veterans' benefits and seeing that they get the support and healthcare they need when they return?  That last part kinda lets her friends in Washington out. 

I think these days it means a lot of "fuck yeah!" on Twitter. If you are a singer (especially a country singer) makin' songs about 'Merica!  And making a big point of doing a USO show once every few years.

Remember when Bitsy said that she used to talk to her friend Sean Hannity about topics coming up on The View?  And for a while it was pretty clear that Bitsy was being fed her "opinions" by Hannity?    I suspect that her rant about Rosie was also scripted for her. 

I thought she said both.... she made a couple of comments about Rosie disrespecting our troops. Id have to go back and listen again to be sure, but I think she said both

(edited)

Sean Hannity? Was Satan unavailable? Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 7

Ok - I see this morning that the Yahoo article now changed and says "SPIT in the face of our military".   they changed it to agree with what all the other sites were quoting.  

“Here in comes to ‘The View' the very woman who spit in the face of our military, spit in the face of her own network, and, really, in the face of a person who stood by her and had civilized debates for the time that she was there — coming back with a bunch of control, ready to regain a seat at ‘The View' table. Not surprising, I think that it's been in the works for a long time.”

Yeah, I think Bitsy was on "staycation"  and her buddy Sean called her and gave her the "spit in the face of our military"  talking point.  But the second part, I had to read over a few times to understand that "the person who stood by her"   was Bitsy referring to HERSELF.   And here's the odd thing -  Bitsy tweeted that she was going to say something on the show the next morning.    WHY didn't she take the time to PREPARE what she was going to say, so that it was coherent?   Because she could have made the same points in a controlled, non-hysterical way, and come across in a different way than "raging bitch".   

Contrast this to Joy's remark, made yesterday : 

Speaking to Don Lemon on CNN, Behar made her displeasure clear. "I would like Elisabeth to explain herself," she said. "What does she mean by that? And isn't it kind of a nasty thing to say about somebody who basically is a good person?" She also pointed out that O'Donnell's son is in military school.

She continued, "That's a dangerous thing to say about somebody...I think it's a hate-filled remark. And she should explain it."

Joy is able to answer a question coherently, make her point without insulting or calling names, and comes across as caring, yet calls for Bitsy to explain herself.  

It's amazing that Bitsy has now had TWO jobs on TV, when she is so bad at talking.

• Love 7

I think these days it means a lot of "fuck yeah!" on Twitter. If you are a singer (especially a country singer) makin' songs about 'Merica!  And making a big point of doing a USO show once every few years.

Just like with the word "hero," if you feel compelled to declare yourself a patriot (over and over and over) you probably aren't.

• Love 3

Whoopi's announcement on the View this morning about the fact that she is a grown woman who doesn't fight with people, made it seem that she knows all about Elisabeth's comments yesterday morning (about how Whoopi and Rosie wouldn't get along). Or she reads some message boards.

• Love 5

Big article today in the New York Daily News. Check it out. Talks about how if Rosie is in at The View, then Bill Geddie is out. Also says Barbara is helping get a new team of cohosts together. Bill Geddie is moving on to do special projects for ABC. aBC would let rosie bring in her own behind the scenes team, ABC wandt to "freshen up" the show and make big changes, etc. Interesting piece.

Boy, lots of pressure on Rosie ( who will of course get all the blame if things don't go well) and I hope emotionally and physically she copes week with things.

• Love 2

YEA!!!  Doing happy dance.  Yes, Bitsy, no matter how delusional you are, Rosie won.  She's making the big bucks working good hours while you are a bleached blonde Foxbot whose face is gradually being destroyed by your meanness and hostility.  I smile.

• Love 9

Yay, I'm so happy Rosie is coming back!!

I liked what Joy had to say regarding Elisabeth's comments (she was definitely pro-Rosie). I also found it interesting that she said that when tthe show first started, they made sure they all got along really well. But lately it seems that they just put in co-hosts that will cause the most controversy.

• Love 4

I just had this thought and figured I'd just put it out there.....

The way Elisabeth acted with the announcement of Rosie coming back to the show..... Will she continue to comment on what Rosie has to say on Hot Topics as a new segment on her low rated morning show??

I can see her snarking all the time as a way to gain relevancy and having a reason to whine for her fans.

• Love 5

Roger, I think you are right that Bits will continue to talk about Rosie on Fauxnew, cuz thats the only claim to fame she has--Bits that is.  Yay for Rosie.  Lets just hope Rosie does not respond and leaves Bits in the cold with her stupid rants.  Rosie has her fans.  Bits?  Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?

Also, Whoops, shut up.  We can talk/speculate all we want.  Free speech. 

I just realized the irony of telling Whoops to shut up cuz of Free speech.  Ooops.  Sorry, Whoops. We are grown ass women and men too, so there's room for all of us to talk.

• Love 6

Roger, I think you are right that Bits will continue to talk about Rosie on Fauxnew, cuz thats the only claim to fame she has--Bits that is.  Yay for Rosie.  Lets just hope Rosie does not respond and leaves Bits in the cold with her stupid rants.  Rosie has her fans.  Bits?  Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?

Also, Whoops, shut up.  We can talk/speculate all we want.  Free speech. 

I just realized the irony of telling Whoops to shut up cuz of Free speech.  Ooops.  Sorry, Whoops. We are grown ass women and men too, so there's room for all of us to talk.

I actually Laughed Out Loud    llololol

• Love 1

I hadn't heard about Joy's comments. Good for her for calling Lizzie out on her nasty ugly comments. And Whoopi as well, although she didn't single Lizzie out directly. As far as I can tell, Lizzie's emersion in the FOXNews culture has only served to expose even further what an ugly, hateful and narcissistic person she really is. I guess the silver lining is that at least she's generally spewing her bile to a smaller audience now, although it's still grates that a no talent reality show reject has managed to continuously snag such high-paying high-profile positions she so clearly doesn't deserve. Sigh.

• Love 4

Rosie seemed to have confirmed her return to the View on twitter by posting a video of her and her kids saying "take some time to enjoy the view" (which I think was done when the fight first erupted all those years ago). She also is wishing everyone a "hassel free weekend". (I laughed).

• Love 11

Rosie seemed to have confirmed her return to the View on twitter by posting a video of her and her kids saying "take some time to enjoy the view" (which I think was done when the fight first erupted all those years ago). She also is wishing everyone a "hassel free weekend". (I laughed).

PItch perfect, THIS, is why I'm still dancing around my living room that she's returning. ;)

• Love 8