Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Crap! I saw there was finally a new post in the "View in the Media" thread and I got my hopes up that the show had been cancelled.

But, thanks for posting that link, mtlchick, because it had a photo of Sherri's wig  that everyone was discussing the other day. I don't watch the show, and I couldn't imagine how bad it was, so I clicked on the video at the end of that article and was able to see it. OMG, everyone was right! That's Sherri's worst wig ever! What a mess! WTH was she thinking?!

ETA:  I just have to post a pic of that wig. I'm putting it in the Sherri thread...

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

There are new View mugs available apparently. It was posted on The View Facebook page. They don't have the host's pictures like they normally do. People are posting saying perhaps that means some won't be returning. (does that count as media? LOL)

• Love 1

I doubt it, because they have new mugs every season.  The View mugs in the Fall will have the pictures of whatever hosts are there.  I think it's just a design change and I HAVE seen other mugs without the hosts' faces.  Egad - can you believe some people collect these things??

In other news, I can't believe no one has commented on the impressionist on this past week's America's Got Talent, who did spot-on impressions of Whoopi and Rosie.  She was a hoot!

• Love 2
I doubt it, because they have new mugs every season.  The View mugs in the Fall will have the pictures of whatever hosts are there.  I think it's just a design change and I HAVE seen other mugs without the hosts' faces.  Egad - can you believe some people collect these things??

There's a mug on eBay right now...advertised as 2007 season with pix of Rosie and Elisabeth.  A bargain at $84.55 (free shipping).

In other news, I can't believe no one has commented on the impressionist on this past week's America's Got Talent, who did spot-on impressions of Whoopi and Rosie.  She was a hoot!

Lava VaVoom...I saw that comic and she was great!  

• Love 1

There's a mug on eBay right now...advertised as 2007 season with pix of Rosie and Elisabeth.  A bargain at $84.55 (free shipping).

I still have my mug with the original 5 members. Who knew it was worth money now!

• Love 1

So the claim is Bethenny Frankel is auditioning for the shoe claiming "she can save it." http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/21/bethenny-frankel-reportedly-in-talks-to-co-host-view/

I hope she means "saves it from US." If Ellen DeGeneres can't help you much, what makes her think Babs can?

I just wandered over here to report that Steve Edwards on my local Los Angeles station said the same thing. Hope she gets it even if I don't like her because I'd like to see how she does. She seems like she'd be a train wreck with the current cast. 

Wow, I think Bethanny is a waste of space and air as well as being entitled and sort of mean spirited.  As bad as the current panel is, I think she would drag it down to the depths of nonsense.

Just what exactly are TPTB going for and what demographic are they trying to attract?

I watched about 30 minutes of her show and found it to be beyond awful.  Her comments about her hubby were nasty and her prancing around pretending to be in her twenties was stupid.  Oh wait, I think I just described one or two current members of the panel - guess she'll fit right in.

The show would wind up stupider than it is now in my opinion.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bethanny probably had her PR corporaton put out the word.  If you build it, they will come.   It might just be a hilarious attempt to bump up the ratings...just before the show goes down in flames.

Edited by Former Nun

I wasnt sure where to post this so I picked here.....

When Im writing my posts my check spelling doesnt work..... I tried in the full editor as well as quick reply..... but no spell check.... I use the browser firefox.... Im not sure if I have to change something to get it to work... thanks

RogerFromOhio, my spell check didn't work a time or two here, but I've also updated my Firefox now, and spell check is working - like your name is underlined with the red squiggly line in this post.  Maybe update Firefox?

Hate Bethenny!  Acting like she's twenty (as the earlier poster said), plus the anorexic body which is going to ravage her face with wrinkles even more as she ages. 

Let's face it, the women on the view are such losers (including Whoppi cuz she doesn't give a shit). They need a clean slate, but I don't know who I would nominate right now. I'll get back to you all on that, and if you have any nominations, it might be a fun topic, at least to dream about.  Nobody overtly political cuz they don't give enough time to any one topic to make it worthwhile, much less intelligent discourse with actual facts, instead of conjecture and blatant false points. 

Hey, here's a new thought:  Why not talk about women's issues with jobs, health, aging parents, kids, extended family, education, etc??????????    Not men's shoe size and penis size.  Blechh. I like sex, but I don't want to see Sherri squirming around on her chair or Jenny and Whoppi letting us know how horny they are. Who cares? 

• Love 4

Extra reporting that Barbara is back running the morning meeting for the show.   She took what, 3 weeks off?  Also reporting that Rosie is being considered for a return.

I am happy to hear of the end of Jenny and to be honest, if they'd can Sherri too, I'd take a year of Bethenny (that voice!)

I don't understand why Bethenny would want to tie herself down to a show again.   Her schtick after her show was cancelled was that she learned that it was "too restrictive" and she wants to work for Barbara and Gedde?   Crazy.

(edited)

Fun day in the media.  On the day Rick Fox co hosts, it's reported that he broke up with his long time girlfriend.  And on the day that Donnie co hosts, Jenny's contract may not be renewed.  (Hey it's Fox News, but I'll take it.) 

I always thought the fact that her son remained in Chicago all year was an indication that she knew she might only be on the show for a year. From what I've seen and read, she adds nothing to the show and would not be missed.

Interesting paragraph from that article:

Show ratings have dipped slightly since McCarthy came on-board. Figures from the last two months have not been made available, but as of April 2014, numbers on “The View” were down by about 5 percent compared with last season. While viewership for the long-running ABC show is still at the top, CBS’s rival program “The Talk” has climbed 19 percent from its past season.
Edited by LuckyBitch

I always thought the fact that her son remained in Chicago all year was an indication that she knew she might only be on the show for a year.

Her son moved to New York 2 weeks ago. 

• Love 1

She claimed Evan was the one that decided to stay in Chicago last year for school and she would go back on weekends to see him or he would fly out.  I think it's more permanent at this point. (Well as permanent that you can get.) 

I have a strong feeling that The View is going to include male cohosts in the future; possibly next season. The fact that they joked about it yesterday could be their way of putting it out there, but also, Bill Rancic is REALLY trying hard to prove himself there.  If you follow his tweets and Giuliana's tweets, it sure seems like an audition to me. This could be the show's way of shaking it up, setting themselves apart from The Talk, and sort of making it a racier "3rd hour of Today Show"  (which currently has Natalie, Al, Tamron, and Willie).  Just a feeling!

• Love 2
Bill Rancic is REALLY trying hard to prove himself there.  If you follow his tweets and Giuliana's tweets, it sure seems like an audition to me.

I thought Bill was SO busy with his development company, trips to Africa, reality show(s) with Giuliana.  I've always considered him a famewhore since the old "Apprentice days.   Pleeeze don't add him to this dreckfest.

• Love 4

Male co-hosts?  Doesn't that go against BaWa's original idea of 5 women with different views?  

Does it even matter now?  This shitshow continues to deteriorate.

• Love 3

I have a strong feeling that The View is going to include male cohosts in the future; possibly next season. The fact that they joked about it yesterday could be their way of putting it out there, but also, Bill Rancic is REALLY trying hard to prove himself there.  If you follow his tweets and Giuliana's tweets, it sure seems like an audition to me. This could be the show's way of shaking it up, setting themselves apart from The Talk, and sort of making it a racier "3rd hour of Today Show"  (which currently has Natalie, Al, Tamron, and Willie).  Just a feeling!

I just posted in the All Episodes thread that it sure seems like Bill Rancic has been a frequent guest co-host recently and I wondered if he was auditioning for the show, especially with his wife being based in LA for E News.

In most of the interviews and articles that I've seen all year, Barbara has suggested that they might have a male co-host next season. I've figured for many months now that that's the direction they're going in; that's their idea of "shaking up" the show. They just can't admit that the time to pull the plug was several years ago.

• Love 1

I can't see Bill Rancic  taking a permanent co-host spot. Perhaps it's because this show  sucks so much, but I think he does decent job. It seems to me that Whoopi doesn't care for him much.

I just posted in the All Episodes thread that it sure seems like Bill Rancic has been a frequent guest co-host recently and I wondered if he was auditioning for the show, especially with his wife being based in LA for E News.

So if Bill got the job he and Giuliana would be based on opposite coasts?

So if Bill got the job he and Giuliana would be based on opposite coasts?

I have no  idea. That's what I was wondering about. Would he really audition* for this show when his wife is based in LA? Plus, they have a kid and want to add a second one.

* Gawd help me... that's at least the third time I've typed the word "audition" tonight and each time I could envision and hear Babs holding up her book and exclaiming, "Audition!" like she did years ago when she was relentlessly pushing it on the show.

• Love 2

LuckyBitch, I just responded to you over in the All Episodes forum!

I do think he would accept this job if offered to him. Since E lets Giuliana do the news from Chicago from time to time, I would imagine they may be flexible with her and let her do it from NYC.  Plus NYC makes more sense for entertainment news than Chicago. Plus with The View taping 4 days a week, Billy can fly out to LA after the show on Thursday and back Sunday nights. Not very stable for a family but...

• Love 1

Bill Rancic is much too busy, much too important, much too intelligent, much too handsome, much too wealthy, much too philanthropic, much too family-oriented, much too educated, much too FULL OF HIMSELF to deign to be on The View.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jenny and Sherri Fired... Whoopi's Job is Safe.

"The View" is cleaning house.  Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd was out.  We've also heard but have not confirmed Jenny McCarthy and executive producer Bill Geddie may be gone too.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

The article claims that hiring Jenny messed up the chemistry on the show. Didn't someone on here say that Jenny would be used as a scapegoat for The View's failure when the show's format also changed?

Apparently, Ross Matthews and Jesse Palmer are being considered as replacements.

Just cancel this hot mess already.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 4

And, yet Whoppie remains? Seriously? This show lost its way when it steered away from it original format. 5 woman with different lives, backgrounds & ideas. A journalist (then 60 ish), news reporter/mother (40 ish), comedian/mother (50 ish), lawyer (30 ish) and, in the words of Regis Philbin, the young one (20 ish). I might be off on the ages but it was a novel concept that actually worked.

• Love 6

I know I've said it more than a few times, but just pull the freaking plug on this fiasco and get it over with already.

LuckyBitch, I just responded to you over in the All Episodes forum!

I do think he would accept this job if offered to him. Since E lets Giuliana do the news from Chicago from time to time, I would imagine they may be flexible with her and let her do it from NYC.  Plus NYC makes more sense for entertainment news than Chicago. Plus with The View taping 4 days a week, Billy can fly out to LA after the show on Thursday and back Sunday nights. Not very stable for a family but...

fl2dc, ugh, I hope Rancic is not seriously in the running. Also, I agree that it's not an ideal situation for a family.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Whoopi's Q score saved her. The average for a celebrity is 15. She's in the mid 20s so pretty good for daytime. The others were in the single digits. It wouldn't surprise me that they did another check at the numbers now and realized who to keep.

Edit to say: Sherri is officially leaving. One down...

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/sherri-shepherd-leaving-the-view-full-statement/

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 1

Sherri's statement: “It’s been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on. I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey.”

This stuff always happens on a Thursday with this show, notice that? LOL

• Love 4

I can't figure out if SS, JM and BG will finish out their contracts for this season, I would guess yes unless they go immediately to a very long summer hiatus showing repeats....with BW for 3 months.

Jenny thanking everyone at the view for their dedication and her amazing year on twitter.

3 minutes before that she tweeted "if Sherri goes....I go too #sisters"

(edited)

I used to say this occasionally on TWOP: The View was at its best when it was hosted by a couple of has-beens and a pair of nobodies, and BaWa. I don't mean that literally, because I know that Meredith and Joy were/are very accomplished, Lisa is a great journalist, and Star ... well, I don't know what Star is or was but she was never a nobody. But my point is that all of these women had something to prove. Lisa was just starting her career, Star was trying to build on her success on Court TV, Meredith was making a comeback of sorts after taking a few steps back in her career, and Joy was a mostly locally known New York comedian. None of them were "stars" at that stage. The show worked because they all had something to offer, it was about the ensemble and not any one individual, and none of them was too big for the show. (And, IIRC, BaWa wasn't an everyday presence.)

Anyway ... they need to forget about star power and focus on people who are capable of working in an ensemble, and who actually have something to say! Sure, hire a comedian, but make sure she's aware and willing to admit with certainty that the Earth is round. Being comfortable on TV does not make one able to sit on a panel where real issues that women (and other people) care about are discussed. 

Edited by lovinbob
  • Love 6
(edited)

Sherri's last tweet implies that she's gone effective immediately. Jenny seems to be the same. She tweeted a picture of Bill, Sherri, another lady and herself saying "these are my avengers and we will be back!" So I guess our prayer of Geddie being gone has finally come true.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 1