Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

They're still friends. At least they were up until Cheryl's bridal shower, because Kelly posted about it on her Instagram. Not sure why she didn't make the wedding. 

I thought I read that Kelly, like Kym, was a bridesmaid.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:08 PM, Toonces464 said:

I thought I read that Kelly, like Kym, was a bridesmaid.

No, she definitely wasn't a bridesmaid.  She mostly had Leah, her sister, Kym and a couple of her super close guy friends I think.  Nor has Kelly been in any of the wedding party pics, or even at the bachelorette.  I don't think they had a very big wedding party overall.  Seems like it was mostly his brothers and Cheryl's people. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Found this typical self absorbed Jenna.  Emma colored her hair darker (and looks beautiful) so Jenna has to pretend she has new hair too in a sultry selfie.  I'm shocked she's by herself, she always feels the need to put Val in each selfie. 

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • LOL 1

I find it funnier that Jenna said she wouldn't do it because her mom would kill her.  Is she not a grown woman?  A married one at that?  If she wants to dye her hair, then do it.  Why is it up to mommy?

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, spanana said:

I find it funnier that Jenna said she wouldn't do it because her mom would kill her.  Is she not a grown woman?  A married one at that?  If she wants to dye her hair, then do it.  Why is it up to mommy?

I can buy that. 

Idk how strict Mormon her family is.

My mom is Orthodox Christian. not too strict, but pretty devout. Technically canon orthodoxy is against make up and hair color. Obv almost nobody follows that these days, including my mom. She draws a line at tattoos though. And here I am, in my mid 30s sometimes thinking about getting a tattoo, looking at pictures, even looking up artists, but always stopping at just research, cause I know my mom would be SUPER disappointed in me.

If it were something more significant, i'd fight for it sure, but this is so minor that I just choose to do what she approves of (or not to do what she doesn't approve of lol)

I know that some of my friends' moms were weird about their daughters' hair. "Girl is supposed to have long hair, otherwise she's a boy..." nevermind that hair is thin and flat and could use a nice layered cut... They went with what their moms wanted for a long time. Till one day just secretly cutting it off... hair is reversible though... and it tends to change how you look, how you feel about yourself. I'd fight for that, honestly. 

so I guess I CAN believe the "mommy" excuse, but I hesitate to. It reeks of "I wanna pretend to be sexy and bold but i'm chicken to change my pretty girl looks because i'm not as confident as I want people to think I am so... mommy made me do it"

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

I can buy that. 

Idk how strict Mormon her family is.

My mom is Orthodox Christian. not too strict, but pretty devout. Technically canon orthodoxy is against make up and hair color. Obv almost nobody follows that these days, including my mom. She draws a line at tattoos though. And here I am, in my mid 30s sometimes thinking about getting a tattoo, looking at pictures, even looking up artists, but always stopping at just research, cause I know my mom would be SUPER disappointed in me.

If it were something more significant, i'd fight for it sure, but this is so minor that I just choose to do what she approves of (or not to do what she doesn't approve of lol)

I know that some of my friends' moms were weird about their daughters' hair. "Girl is supposed to have long hair, otherwise she's a boy..." nevermind that hair is thin and flat and could use a nice layered cut... They went with what their moms wanted for a long time. Till one day just secretly cutting it off... hair is reversible though... and it tends to change how you look, how you feel about yourself. I'd fight for that, honestly. 

so I guess I CAN believe the "mommy" excuse, but I hesitate to. It reeks of "I wanna pretend to be sexy and bold but i'm chicken to change my pretty girl looks because i'm not as confident as I want people to think I am so... mommy made me do it"

Good points, but she married a guy who isn't Mormon so clearly she can go against her mother and family for some things.  I would think marrying a non Mormon would be a bigger deal breaker than hair color.  And Jenna colors/highlights her hair plenty.  She just highlights to make it blonder than her natural darker brown.  So I guess it only applies to coloring her hair something that would look less natural.

• Love 3
(edited)

More Info on S28 Potential Changes

Some might be interested on the link above from Kristyn Burtt about the potential changes for the upcoming season.

They claim, that will make many here, is they want to get back to the show's ballroom/latin routes and supposedly they held auditions in early May for new pro talent.

While I'm all for new talent as we've discussed at length here, I'm just in wait and see mode in that I expect to hire new talent, I likely won't agree with the decisions re: the show in terms of which pros they keep and kick to the curb.

I assume if they really want to focus on ballroomers, they will first ditch themselves of the Hayley's and Britt's who don't come from a ballroom background.  Though of course the latter being one of only a few black pros, it's a bit more complicated than that.  Especially since I don't expect to see Cheryl back this season so no Cheryl and no Britt in troupe makes for a very white pro roster.  I know some people don't care about those things, but the lack of diversity also means that a large part of the audience don't get to see people that look like them (not talking to the celebs but the pros).

I also expect they will somehow fire pros like Emma, who has been always on the outskirts for TPTB, and they will make like Val and Jenna the center of the show.  Which, barf.

Oh, the other good news is that Mandy Moor is gone!  Though that is of her own choice, but if they show is going to go back to basics re: ballroom then getting rid of the non ballroom choreographer at the center of it is somewhat imperative.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3

I would be surprised if they fire Emma (or Sasha, for that matter) since they've been ballroom-trained their whole lives.  

Jenna's probably freaking out that her Svengali/Fairy Godmother Mandy will no longer be the creative producer.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, spanana said:

Oh, the other good news is that Mandy Moor is gone!  Though that is of her own choice, but if they show is going to go back to basics re: ballroom then getting rid of the non ballroom choreographer at the center of it is somewhat imperative.

Now let's get rid of the big troupe-riddled production numbers and back to the celeb and their pro alone on the dance floor.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, fpbl83 said:

I would be surprised if they fire Emma (or Sasha, for that matter) since they've been ballroom-trained their whole lives.  

Jenna's probably freaking out that her Svengali/Fairy Godmother Mandy will no longer be the creative producer.

The show has sidelined Emma before in a regular season.  I think the show likes Emma and I know she's ballroom trained.  I just don't think she's as high in the eyes of TPTB as the likes of most of the Utah girls and Sharna, etc.  And if they truly do hire some new pros, it does mean some current pros are getting sidelined.  The majority of our current pros are ballroom trained.  The only pros who aren't are in the troupe, so unless they just overhaul the troupe and use that as a tryout, they can't bring on new pros without firing some ballroomers.

Also yes, I did think that Mandy being out probably has the most direct effect on Jenna just since she's Mandy's pet and often assistant and the center of every Mandy number. 

Personally I'd prefer is there was no overall Mandy type and they just brought in different choreographers for the opening numbers, or let some of the current pros take turns choreographing.  That way at least we won't get all of the numbers looking the same.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, spanana said:

Also yes, I did think that Mandy being out probably has the most direct effect on Jenna just since she's Mandy's pet and often assistant and the center of every Mandy number. 

She doesn't need Mandy anymore. She's a Chmerkovskiy now! 😉

I'm glad Mandy is out, but why get new pros? They have plenty of people already. I think they should focus on getting better celebs. I know I'm tired of seeing social media people being passed off as stars. If they are doing it once a year they should have more time and money to actually get someone worth watching.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I'm glad Mandy is out, but why get new pros? They have plenty of people already. I think they should focus on getting better celebs. I know I'm tired of seeing social media people being passed off as stars. If they are doing it once a year they should have more time and money to actually get someone worth watching.

I think they are trying to get better celebs, but I think some people have been asking for new pros and even here there has been much discussion if a lot of the newer pros have the it factor or not. Especially on the male pro side.

Also in my personal opinion only, I think a very good reason for hiring new pros is so they can diversify their pro pool a bit.  I know I'm not the only one who is tired of not seeing a lot of diversity amongst the pros.  Mind you we now have Keo and Brandon, but Keo has been barely hanging on to his pro spot for years.  And diversity on the female side is Britt in troupe and Cheryl whenever she deems to make an appearance.  And if there is any truth to ditching non ballroomers, there goes Britt Stewart anyway.  I know it's been said on boards and such that it's hard to find non-white pros, but I don't buy that they aren't out there.  I think it's more likely in the past the DWTS search pool is pulled from a few places and they don't try very hard beyond that.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, spanana said:

Also in my personal opinion only, I think a very good reason for hiring new pros is so they can diversify their pro pool a bit.  I know I'm not the only one who is tired of not seeing a lot of diversity amongst the pros.  Mind you we now have Keo and Brandon, but Keo has been barely hanging on to his pro spot for years.  And diversity on the female side is Britt in troupe and Cheryl whenever she deems to make an appearance.  And if there is any truth to ditching non ballroomers, there goes Britt Stewart anyway.  I know it's been said on boards and such that it's hard to find non-white pros, but I don't buy that they aren't out there.  I think it's more likely in the past the DWTS search pool is pulled from a few places and they don't try very hard beyond that.

I agree they need more diversity, but I'll believe it when I see it. If they looked in places like Detroit or Chicago, I'm pretty sure they could find some non-white dancers. And surely they could find some Latino dancers who can dance salsa or rumba. I agree that they don't try very hard to look. It's a lot easier to get the Hough types in Utah.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, surreysmum said:

Speaking of weddings, I was amused to see People Mag treating Meryl Davis' DWTS win as somehow parallel to her Olympic accomplishments in the headers to this article about her recent marriage to long-time partner Fedor Andreev:

https://people.com/sports/meryl-davis-marries-fedor-andreev/?fbclid=IwAR20gql6se0PPmvTn1I_AJ0Z8VjMh4Q9S-qQS-CKvKHTzyG0ZghQ8ryB5q0

I was amused by the note that she's been with Fedor for around 9 years because I never believed the two of them were broken up during DWTS as the Maksyls liked to claim. They both played that group like a bunch of fiddles.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

I was amused by the note that she's been with Fedor for around 9 years because I never believed the two of them were broken up during DWTS as the Maksyls liked to claim. They both played that group like a bunch of fiddles.

They weren't. And yes, yes they did. I give Charlie all the props for never playing into any of that nonsense, just to win some tacky mirrorball trophy. The gossip around was that Sharna tried to get him to propose to Tanith live on the show, to appeal to voters and Charlie was absolutely not about that life. No worries, she got Noah the thirsty to do it the following season and *shockingly* said engagement didn't last. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

They weren't and yes, yes they did. I give Charlie all the props for never playing into any of that nonsense, just to win some tacky mirrorball trophy. The gossip around was that Sharna tried to get him to propose to Tanith live on the show, to appeal to voters and Charlie was absolutely not about the life. No worries, she got Noah the thirsty to do it the following season and *shockingly* said engagement didn't last. 

I think the most telling thing about Charlie was that he stopped following most everyone from DWTS, including Sharna, shortly after the season ended. He continued following Derek, Lindsay and Sasha for awhile, but now the only people from the show he still follows are Erin and Cheryl.

11 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Agreed. I think Meryl and Fedor kept a low profile because his mom is her coach, and they didn't want scandals during the Olympics. He was probably either hanging out backstage or watching at home while she was showmancing Maks. LOL

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I think the most telling thing about Charlie was that he stopped following most everyone from DWTS, including Sharna, shortly after the season ended. He continued following Derek, Lindsay and Sasha for awhile, but now the only people from the show he still follows are Erin and Cheryl.

I respect Charlie a heck more than Meryl, for not playing on that BS. The poor guy was the sacrificial lamb so that Maks could finally win a meaningless MBT. No way was CANTdance Cameron Bure a better dancer than Charlie White. If Charlie was in the finals, I think the votes would split between Meryl and Charlie, and there would be no MBT for Maks. It would have been a hoot if CANTdance and Mark would have won, because they came in 3rd. Charlie is a better person than me. I would be a bit pissed at Meryl for faking that showmance for a win. But I guess he figured he's gotta work with her and didn't want to rock the boat. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

I respect Charlie a heck more than Meryl, for not playing on that BS. The poor guy was the sacrificial lamb so that Maks could finally win a meaningless MBT. No way was CANTdance Cameron Bure a better dancer than Charlie White. If Charlie was in the finals, I think the votes would split between Meryl and Charlie, and there would be no MBT for Maks. It would have been a hoot if CANTdance and Mark would have won, because they came in 3rd. Charlie is a better person than me. I would be a bit pissed at Meryl for faking that showmance for a win. But I guess he figured he's gotta work with her and didn't want to rock the boat. 

I think Charlie would've won without the showmance/manipulation.  He was much more likable than Meryl.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

I just dont see how her fiance would be ok with her faking a showmance either? It seem like Fedor should have had a problem with it as well, I guess he may have just saw it as acting and didnt make a big deal out of it but I knew the whole thing was fake. First of all meryle isnt the type of girl Maks shallow ass would go for, so that was dead give away right there.

(edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 6:59 AM, vdw84 said:

I just dont see how her fiance would be ok with her faking a showmance either? It seem like Fedor should have had a problem with it as well, I guess he may have just saw it as acting and didnt make a big deal out of it but I knew the whole thing was fake. First of all meryle isnt the type of girl Maks shallow ass would go for, so that was dead give away right there.

Fedor was an ice dancer as well. He knows the schtick. Even Charlie himself said that he and Meryl showmanced to get that Olympic medal, which is why he didn't publicly discuss his romance with Tanith until after the Olympics. Those Merlie shippers were just as crazy as the Maksyl shippers, and Meryl and Charlie didn't do that much much to discourage them either. I doubt that he, Meryl or Fedor cared about the showmance. 

They are all entertainers. Maks and Peta make their living dancing/showmancing as well. I don't doubt Peta was laughing her ass off at the whole shebang as well.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

I sure hope they don't do any showmances next year. Give us some good dancing. And ballroom only, please.

This^ No more non-Latin ballroom-trained dancers as pros, troupe members or in opening numbers who butcher the little bit of Latin and ballroom they do and only get on because they worked with Mandy Moore.  While Jenna was featured a lot in Mandy's numbers, at least she's an accomplished and experienced Latin and ballroom dancer; she can dance any style thrown at her.  I remember in week 2 of last season there was a male dancer in the opening number whose attempt at Jive was atrocious, turns out he was a dancer in La La Land 🤔

• Love 3
On 6/26/2019 at 6:58 PM, Maya S said:

I remember in week 2 of last season there was a male dancer in the opening number whose attempt at Jive was atrocious, turns out he was a dancer in La La Land 🤔

Oh, I need to see this.  New York night opening number?

Maybe I'm missing the point, but basically she's saying she didn't fully love herself until she lost weight?  I'd take the before body.  I think she looks too skinny on the right. She throws in the "I love both girls" but basically I think she's saying she only loves herself after.  I was going to ask but don't feel like fighting the groupies today.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Maybe I'm missing the point, but basically she's saying she didn't fully love herself until she lost weight?  I'd take the before body.  I think she looks too skinny on the right. She throws in the "I love both girls" but basically I think she's saying she only loves herself after.  I was going to ask but don't feel like fighting the groupies today.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Frankly, I think she, her sister-in-law and their little circle of friends say and do a lot of stuff just for attention, publicity and fan adoration.

• Love 3

Normally I'd be like---"whatever" but I find it interesting that she claims the girl on the left couldn't look up but she's not looking up in the right photo either.  She also claims that the girl on the left covered herself up but, even though she's wearing fewer clothes in the right photo, it looks like she's contorting her body into angles as a way to make it look as thin as possible. 

I'm not super convinced. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Maya S said:

Apparently, Bobby Bones has been saying on his show that someone he knows is taking part next season and he's torn whether to support his friend or Sharna.  

It would be interesting if it was Andy Roddick or Brooklyn Decker.

15 hours ago, Maya S said:

Apparently, Bobby Bones has been saying on his show that someone he knows is taking part next season

Aaaand just like that... my interest in the season went out the window.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Maya S said:

Apparently, Bobby Bones has been saying on his show that someone he knows is taking part next season and he's torn whether to support his friend or Sharna.  

Hopefully his friend isn't as obnoxious as he is. Does that mean Sharna is back? I was hoping that she would finally go away now that she won.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Hopefully his friend isn't as obnoxious as he is. Does that mean Sharna is back? I was hoping that she would finally go away now that she won.

She probably wants a legitimate win and now that she has Bobby's toxic fanbase combined with her own toxic fanbase, she can easily win with a contender 🤮

• Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 9:39 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Normally I'd be like---"whatever" but I find it interesting that she claims the girl on the left couldn't look up but she's not looking up in the right photo either.  She also claims that the girl on the left covered herself up but, even though she's wearing fewer clothes in the right photo, it looks like she's contorting her body into angles as a way to make it look as thin as possible. 

I'm not super convinced. 

Clearly JJ is still insecure about her body. She is basically a borderline of having an eating disorder. She doesnt look healthy nor should her new look be even an inspiration to herself or others. I think she is trying to convince herself that is she is finally happy with herself but she is really not because now that she has lost the weight, she is obsessed with keeping that same size and look.

2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

So apparently, Julianne Hough is bisexual. Who knew? https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/julianne-hough-sexuality-not-straight

Im assuming she is bisexual or sexually fluent but she really didnt give a straightforward answer. She is leaving it up to interpretation tbh. Alot people r wondering what it means for her to just she isnt straight but she choose to be with her husband.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Im assuming she is bisexual or sexually fluent but she really didnt give a straightforward answer. She is leaving it up to interpretation tbh. Alot people r wondering what it means for her to just she isnt straight but she choose to be with her husband.

I'm wondering if it means Julianne needs some attention.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 8/2/2019 at 12:25 AM, vdw84 said:

I just read it and was extremely confused by it. She could mean she's bisexual or pansexual, or she could be saying "I'm gay but I don't really want to be because (insert reason here) so I married a man" or she could be saying "I prefer women but I just am nuts about my husband so I chose him." I thought her use of "choose" in this context of coming out had kind of shady implications.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, Toonces464 said:

I'm wondering if it means Julianne needs some attention.

I think that's pretty much a given here. 

On 8/2/2019 at 1:25 AM, vdw84 said:

Im assuming she is bisexual or sexually fluent but she really didnt give a straightforward answer. She is leaving it up to interpretation tbh.

Which is exactly what she did when she claimed she was abused during her years in London when she lived with the Ballas family. This of course was when she was also "coincidentally" promoting her lame movie, where her character in the film was in an abusive relationship. 

The interviewer for that story asked her what type of abuse it was - verbal, emotional, sexual and Julianne responded with a flippant "all of it, all of it". I remembered reading that and thinking, "what? Who the hell talks about something as traumatic as abuse in such a nonchalant way?"

And that accusation caused a lot of hurt and issues in her relationship with the Ballas family and put Derek in the middle who always maintained that the family was never anything but amazing to him. Needless to say those claims slowly just vanished and there the Ballases were at her wedding like nothing happened. 

Julianne and her million staged Pap walks, that we KNOW she's the one calling them and all these "exclusives" about her marriage that no one cares about is just embarrassing at this point. I also give this marriage maybe another year or two because her continued thirst for attention and relevancy will eventually ruin things for them as she gets more and more desperate. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think that's pretty much a given here. 

Which is exactly what she did when she claimed she was abused during her years in London when she lived with the Ballas family. This of course was when she was also "coincidentally" promoting her lame movie, where her character in the film was in an abusive relationship. 

The interviewer for that story asked her what type of abuse it was - verbal, emotional, sexual and Julianne responded with a flippant "all of it, all of it". I remembered reading that and thinking, "what? Who the hell talks about something as traumatic as abuse in such a nonchalant way?"

And that accusation caused a lot of hurt and issues in her relationship with the Ballas family and put Derek in the middle who always maintained that the family was never anything but amazing to him. Needless to say those claims slowly just vanished and there the Ballases were at her wedding like nothing happened. 

Julianne and her million staged Pap walks, that we KNOW she's the one calling them and all these "exclusives" about her marriage that no one cares about is just embarrassing at this point. I also give this marriage maybe another year or two because her continued thirst for attention and relevancy will eventually ruin things for them as she gets more and more desperate. 

I wish I could like this 100 times.  She's always been desperate for attention. I forgot all about the abuse claims.  

• Love 2
On 8/12/2019 at 5:43 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

I wish I could like this 100 times.  She's always been desperate for attention. I forgot all about the abuse claims.  

She's more desperate for attention than my cat! Now that's pretty pathetic.

• LOL 2
On 6/24/2019 at 2:38 PM, BeeBop88 said:

But......Meryl was a wonderful dancer and won the MBT because of her fabulous performances. I never once voted for M&M because of their showmance that I knew was all for show. I thoroughly enjoyed Maks and Meryl as a team and to this day still watch their Samba to "I Wanna Be Like You". It still makes me smile.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, luvthepros said:

But......Meryl was a wonderful dancer and won the MBT because of her fabulous performances. I never once voted for M&M because of their showmance that I knew was all for show. I thoroughly enjoyed Maks and Meryl as a team and to this day still watch their Samba to "I Wanna Be Like You". It still makes me smile.

Same, I thought Meryl was the best that season and voted for her to win because of that.  I could care less about whether celebs are dating their partners on the show, I just liked how Meryl brought out a different side of Maks and their dances had such an ease about them. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Maya S said:

I just liked how Meryl brought out a different side of Maks 

I've never understood people saying this. The only "different" side of Maks we saw come out that season was him pushing a fake showmance so hard. Likable Maks who loved his partner and was truly enjoying being there was just as evident with Mel B, Erin and Kirstie.

• Love 3