Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

On 4/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, spanana said:

Lindsay was the only DWTS person that made Jenna's wedding party.  I laugh that she had Adam Rippon, who she worked with for all of maybe 6 weeks, as part of her wedding party but didn't return the favor of having either Witney or Emma in her wedding, despite the fact that she was in theirs.  I know she's not obligated, but I also expect she goes with the celebs that will give her more attention.

I agree with everything you said, but this in particular blows my mind. She didn't even work with Adam for a full season, yet he made the cut over the girls she works with regularly and whose wedding parties she was in? Didn't she also grow up with Witney? I've read speculation she did it because Val wanted Nicole in his wedding party, but that's still stupid to me. But since Nicole makes her living sponging off the Chmerkovskiys, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

I know celebs sell their wedding pics -- Lindsay, Witney, Mark, Emma & Sasha, Maks & Peta, Julianne and Erin have all gotten married in the last few years and done it -- but photo shoots on the honeymoon were really over the top. All this makes these marriages seem so phony to me, like they're just being done for the money and publicity they bring. Cheryl seems to  be gearing up to do the same, and I notice the new relationship between Artem and Nikki Bella is getting tons of play in the tabloids. But I guess these D listers will do anything for some publicity and a few bucks.

One thing I've noticed is that Tom conveniently always manages to be out of town during these weddings, but his tweets indicate he's been invited. Erin is always in town but is never there either (which surprised me with both Chmerkovskiy weddings since she's so close with them). I wonder if they both stay away on purpose so they appear impartial and not like they're playing favorites among the pros. I'll be interested to see if Tom shows up at Cheryl's wedding because I've always felt he's closer to her than any of the other pros.

Did you notice Tony wasn't at Val's wedding? That must've been an ugly breakup when he left DWM.

• Love 1

Tony wasn't there? That must have been some good tea, LOL. 

I don't get the feeling that Tom or Erin are that close with any of them. I think they just work with them and that's it. I wouldn't blow off someone's wedding if I really cared about them, anyway.

3 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Tony wasn't there? That must have been some good tea, LOL. 

I don't get the feeling that Tom or Erin are that close with any of them. I think they just work with them and that's it. I wouldn't blow off someone's wedding if I really cared about them, anyway.

I do think Erin is still close with Maks and Val. I remember an interview Val did where he said he texted her every day throughout her trial because of the relationship they'd formed through her relationship with Maks right after it happened. I don't think they all hang out together but I do think she still has a bond with them. You can see it in the way she interacts with them during the season compared to her interactions with all the other pros.

Tom, as I said, I've always felt has a closer relationship with Cheryl than any of the other pros. I think he's closer to the original group of pros than the current group, but something about his relationship with Cheryl always seemed closer.

I too would love to know what really happened with Tony leaving DWM. He basically took the same job with Fred Astaire, just with a different title, so I can't imagine why he'd give up a partnership to do that. I do remember when he made the announcement, Val said really nice stuff and wished him well but there was radio silence from Maks.

Oh, I hadn't even thought about Tony.  While he was always closer to Maks anyway, that proves that his leaving was more than just a good business opportunity.  Or the Cbros got pissed that he wanted to leave.

In all fairness to Nicole Volynets, I actually don't think she makes a living off of the fam.  First of all, her family is loaded.  I'm pretty sure she could not work and still be well off.  She just seems to work when and where she wants since she's not wanting for money.  I don't like Nicole's styling tastes, but at least she's doing actual work.

Anyway, yes...Jenna grew up with both Witney and Brittany Cherry.  She's known them forever and Brittany C. was her roommate for a good while too.  I've always thought Jenna and Witney had a rather competitive/jealous friendship in a way that neither has with Lindsay, but they had seemed better in recent years.  

I do understand that Val would want Nicole in the wedding party because they have legitimately been close most of their lives.  But if Jenna needed to counter, she has brothers.  Though one may be on a mission trip.

I also think it's funny that Zendaya and her family literally have zero use for Val anymore and don't even pretend otherwise.  Granted I'm pretty sure she may have been filming Spidey reshoots that day but even her mother didn't bother and Val used to call her his west coast mother.

I also don't really mind celebs selling some wedding pics for a spread.  They get some cash and they can control whatever narrative they want.  Though I do think it's annoying when celebs forbid the other guests at their wedding to post pics because they are afraid it will interfere with them getting paid.  The honeymoon part is extra.  At least at somebody's wedding it's expected that the bride/groom would be "on" so to speak but your honeymoon is your intimate down time.

Now the wedding that looked like it was an amazing time in pics/vids was the Allison Holker/Twitch wedding.

2 hours ago, spanana said:

I also think it's funny that Zendaya and her family literally have zero use for Val anymore and don't even pretend otherwise.  Granted I'm pretty sure she may have been filming Spidey reshoots that day but even her mother didn't bother and Val used to call her his west coast mother.

I forgot all about Zendaya. I thought it was funny that Rumer Willis's name kept coming up in the tabloid stories but she wasn't there.....but this weekend she was out shopping with Maks and Peta. That relationship has always struck me as strange. But to Val and Jenna's credit, they did have a lot of partners and fellow pros there. Maks and Peta had no one but Nile (and of course Sharna and Tony).

Yes, Nicole works, but her work always seems to be based off the fam. She's the costume designer for DWM! She's a bathing suit designer backed by Kirstie Alley! She's a stylist for Peta and Sharna! She's a wedding planner for Maks &  Peta and Val & Jenna! I've always given a lot more credit to Teddy who never seems to cash in on his famous friends for his work.

As for Tony, I'm glad he got away from the fam. He spent a lot of years keeping Maks in line and after he joined DWM it seemed like he was doing most of the work as far as teaching and showing up for events. At least Val still teaches and Jenna's of course gotten involved now too. Maks doesn't seem to do much of anything with them anymore and Peta's never done a thing for the family business.

Pretty sure Donald Driver was at the Maks/Peta wedding, so Peta had former partners.  Maks had none.

I will say though a lot I think comes down to the timing of the various weddings and the location.  Several of the pros have gotten married during tours where only those in the bridal party were basically able to take off for a day and go.  Everyone else was working.

Also Val/Jenna got married in California, so it's not like it was out of the way for any of the celebs or other pros.  I suspect they would have had fewer in attendance if everyone would have had to travel further, especially on the celeb front.

The main pro absences, at least from what I noticed were Keo and as mentioned Tony.  Plus of course Sharna, but she had a legitimate excuse since she was judging DWTS Australia.  And Hayley and no Derek, but Derek was on tour and I'm not sure Derek would have gone anyway.

The Val partners that went are the ones I expected because they are the ones most heavily drinking the fam koolaid- Ginger, Victoria, Laurie, etc.  Normani is the only exception.

I will say back in Rumer's season there were weird vibes between Rumer and Jenna.  I believe it was during one of the Val/Jenna off periods and at first Jenna was pretending to be her bestie and then it seemed like they changed to ignoring each other outright.  It might have had more to do with Val/Jenna fighting, but I don't think there is any close relationship there and Val/Rumer seem to have no relationship to speak of either.

Also notably absent, Meryl Davis.  Not in an I expected her to be there way, but there was a period post S18 where Jenna pretended she and Meryl were best friends and they went on vacation together.

• Love 1

Peta is in a movie which is playing in theaters now.....
"Faith, Hope & Love". I really liked it and the audience of mostly women seemed to really love it too. Maks makes an appearance as Peta's character's ex husband. There is a bit too much "religion" which is a big part of this movie and I had to overlook that but I still found the movie most enjoyable.

Peta looks so young and beautiful in the scenes where is is sans make up. She looks so lovely. The story line is charming and Peta does a pretty good job for not being an actress. Maks is a bit stiff in delivering his few lines but Peta seems like a natural. She carried the movie along with the male lead actor.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, luvthepros said:

"Faith, Hope & Love". I really liked it and the audience of mostly women seemed to really love it too. Maks makes an appearance as Peta's character's ex husband. There is a bit too much "religion" which is a big part of this movie and I had to overlook that but I still found the movie most enjoyable.

Peta looks so young and beautiful in the scenes where is is sans make up. She looks so lovely. The story line is charming and Peta does a pretty good job for not being an actress. Maks is a bit stiff in delivering his few lines but Peta seems like a natural. She carried the movie along with the male lead actor.

That's fun. It's one of those things I'd watch if it ever gets released on streaming just so I can check out Peta's chops.  Not surprised Maks would be stiff though.  Did you see him and Val on Fuller House?  Mind you that show is so over the top campy with super broad acting anyway, but neither is likely going to be acting any time soon.  Hopefully Peta can find more work.  I think Candace Cameron's daughter is supposed to be in that film too.

14 hours ago, spanana said:

That's fun. It's one of those things I'd watch if it ever gets released on streaming just so I can check out Peta's chops.  Not surprised Maks would be stiff though.  Did you see him and Val on Fuller House?  Mind you that show is so over the top campy with super broad acting anyway, but neither is likely going to be acting any time soon.  Hopefully Peta can find more work.  I think Candace Cameron's daughter is supposed to be in that film too.

Yes, Natasha Bure is in the film. She plays Peta's love interest's daughter.

Jenna and Val are in NYC doing ANOTHER wedding photo shoot? How much are these two going to cash in on their marriage doing photo shoots? What's next, a photo shoot of them trying to get pregnant?

• LOL 3

I just happened to turn the television to the Billboard Awards and Julianne shows up to present an award looking like complete shirt. First of all, girlfriend's dressed like she's about to break into a ballroom number and why is she orange?

On 4/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, luvthepros said:

The movie actually looked pretty good. I didn't know Peta was religious. 

17 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Jenna and Val are in NYC doing ANOTHER wedding photo shoot? How much are these two going to cash in on their marriage doing photo shoots? What's next, a photo shoot of them trying to get pregnant?

She wore a different dress in the photo shoot. LOL! Who are they trying to fool?

These two are trying so hard to be relevant that they are embarrassing themselves big time.

• Love 1

I don't believe Peta is religious at all.  I just think that is the job she managed to book and it's experience.

What is funny about the new Jenna/Val photoshoot is the dresses in the photoshoot are all way nicer than her actual wedding dress and much more in line with what I perceive as Jenna's personal style.  She looks more comfortable in those than her actual wedding dress.  But yes, not sure what happens when their newlywed status wears off.

Alan and Lindsay released a dance video that they randomly made and it also seems like a bunch of the DWTS pros are busy filming stuff for SYTYCD this week.  It's funny how most of the DWTS ballrooms now choreograph for that show.

17 hours ago, spanana said:

I don't believe Peta is religious at all.  I just think that is the job she managed to book and it's experience.

The C-bros and their family seem pretty conservative though. I'm not surprised Val married a religious woman, and it wouldn't surprise me if Peta was either. I mean, why would the director of the movie choose her unless she believed in his message?

I saw an interview with her about the movie. I think she's a lot more old-fashioned than she lets on.

1 hour ago, boyznkatz said:

The C-bros and their family seem pretty conservative though. I'm not surprised Val married a religious woman, and it wouldn't surprise me if Peta was either. I mean, why would the director of the movie choose her unless she believed in his message?

I saw an interview with her about the movie. I think she's a lot more old-fashioned than she lets on.

Peta was desperate to become an actress (something she was training for and then put on hold to get Maks back) so I think she would've taken any role that was offered to her.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Lots of people take roles in faith based movies, especially if they are just starting out as actors and need to build a resume.  Look at that Breakthrough movie that just came out? Do you think all the actors are devoutly religious?  It's not a requirement for the role.  

Also while the Chmerkovskiy family is overall conservative, I think you would be surprised by Peta and Maks.  Politically they are definitely not conservative and he's actually become less conservative than idiot Val.  He's one of the few DWTS pros that actually makes political posts and he's become pretty liberal over the years.  He may have been conservative at one time, but he's definitely 100% left leaning these days and Peta has mostly echoed his posts.  He's extremely anti Trump.

I know because I'm always in shock when Maks posts since I never expected it of him and I'm always even more shocked when I find I agree with him.  His brother is much more of a "very fine people on both sides" type.

I expect the parents are fully conservative and that's probably yet another reason they love Jenna so much.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, spanana said:

e's one of the few DWTS pros that actually makes political posts and he's become pretty liberal over the years.  He may have been conservative at one time, but he's definitely 100% left leaning these days and Peta has mostly echoed his posts.  He's extremely anti Trump.

Years ago, I remember paparazzi pictures of Maks walking around NYC wearing an Obama shirt. And he was privately hired by the Clintons to choreograph Chelsea's wedding dance. I think he's always been 100% left leaning.

• Love 2

It's funny how most of the DWTS ballrooms now choreograph for that show.

If you're saying what I think you're saying...  It's kinda the other way around.  I mean there are now pros choreographing for sytycd who were never sytycd contestants, but surely that's due to the connections made with the former sytycd contestants who are now dwts pros?

On 5/3/2019 at 6:27 PM, spanana said:

Lots of people take roles in faith based movies, especially if they are just starting out as actors and need to build a resume.  Look at that Breakthrough movie that just came out? Do you think all the actors are devoutly religious?  It's not a requirement for the role.  

Also while the Chmerkovskiy family is overall conservative, I think you would be surprised by Peta and Maks.  Politically they are definitely not conservative and he's actually become less conservative than idiot Val.  He's one of the few DWTS pros that actually makes political posts and he's become pretty liberal over the years.  He may have been conservative at one time, but he's definitely 100% left leaning these days and Peta has mostly echoed his posts.  He's extremely anti Trump.

I know because I'm always in shock when Maks posts since I never expected it of him and I'm always even more shocked when I find I agree with him.  His brother is much more of a "very fine people on both sides" type.

I expect the parents are fully conservative and that's probably yet another reason they love Jenna so much.

Well true, but I do have devout Christian friends who are lefties as well. They pretty much despise Trump. 

Val yeah, he gives plenty of lip service, but I agree with you that he is a "very fine people on both sides type."

It's also definitely moving forward as only a 1x a year event, which IMO is the right move for longevity.  I don't know how the pros feel about it since it is essentially cutting their paycheck and media exposure in half, but on the other hand they will be less burned out on all fronts (though the pros do still need some new blood).

But I think 1x a year is much better.  It makes it much more of a yearly event that people have to tune in to see as opposed to oversaturation.  We won't get burned out pros, which is both good for their choreography and their partnerships.  Also I think it makes casting easier since the casting pool isn't infinite.

That said, I'll buy that they get bigger celebs when I see it.  What I wouldn't be surprised to see, and I'm surprised they have never done it previously, is some sort of judges save.  It wouldn't choose a winner, but it would save a shock boot.  Most of the other reality competition shows have one.  I also wouldn't be totally surprised if they changed the format of how much the judges scores weigh in to eliminations.

But while I don't wish anyone out of a job and paycheck, I would like to see one of the format changes including a shake-up of the pro cast.  Let's get some new blood and new ideas and not just same old same old.

• Love 3

I wouldn't have a problem with the one season a year format if I felt it was truly based on trying to extend the longevity of the show and it was based on viewership, etc. However I don't think it has anything to do with either of those two (maybe to a small degree) and everything to do with pushing their failed American Idol reboot that no one asked for.

And that's what pisses me off. Because essentially what this is, is that ABC decided to screw over a long standing hit show in favor of a reboot that they blew millions on and is clearly not reaping the benefits they hoped for. And I'm even more bitter since their stupid reboot was also why we got Bobby Bones on the show and that waste of a season. 

I'm not saying DWTS doesn't have its flaws and certain changes shouldn't be made but I will never be unconvinced that the decision to gut the show's Spring season, in favor of American Idol, started a whole mess that they're still recovering from. And it's why I continue to boycott their stupid Idol reboot. That and it plain sucks between the "no one cares" judges, Bones who I have seen enough of thank you very much and the mediocre talent. 

• Love 4
On 5/14/2019 at 4:30 PM, babyhouseman said:

I wonder if the changes will be having the best dancer be the one with the most talent, not a popularity contest(Bobby Bones).

I doubt that'll ever change. Even in the show's "glory days", as it were, popularity was still a factor in who people voted for. It's always going to be like that with these reality competitions. 

As for the celebrities, yeah, I'm certainly not expecting any A-listers to show up here, and I don't even think the show's planning on that caliber of star. But I could see their cast list being made up of a few more "current" stars. I've honestly never really minded the types of celebrities they've had on here-some of them who haven't been seen in years, at least we're seeing them again in a fun setting, and even if I don't know the celebrity in question, there's been some I've come to like over the course of a season. 

But I totally get where they may want to get a few, relatively speaking, bigger-known names, too. 

• Love 3

Unfortunately I don't see a once a year format as good for the show. Most of us who post here are probably die-hard fans and would tune in, but the casual, remote-clicking viewer isn't going to remember anyone from the show after a year. I don't even care so much that Bones won. People voted for him, so it's time to move on. I'm pissed that the spring version was gutted for American Idol, a show I couldn't care less about.

• Love 2

And as annoying as Bones was, his win was totally unexpected. That's the element of surprise I don't want the show to lose. If the judges totally decide it, the show would be boring.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

And as annoying as Bones was, his win was totally unexpected. That's the element of surprise I don't want the show to lose. If the judges totally decide it, the show would be boring.

That type of surprise I could totally do without. Maybe have the judges decide the final 3-5 and then let the audience vote for the winner. We'd still be surprised, but it will be a pleasant one👍

• Love 9
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

That type of surprise I could totally do without. Maybe have the judges decide the final 3-5 and then let the audience vote for the winner. We'd still be surprised, but it will be a pleasant one👍

That's a good idea. I could definitely go for that. What I don't want is for the judges to totally pick a winner. We would know the winner right on the first day.

(edited)

What if the judges score determined a bottom 3 (or 4 or 5) by score. The viewers then vote from those contestants to keep who they want to stay. That way we keep the best dancers and it doesn't totally preclude a not great dancer with a large fan base or one that for whatever reason connects with the viewers from making a run at the finals. It also would hopefully prevent good dancers from leaving too early.

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, shoregirl said:

What if the judges score determined a bottom 3 (or 4 or 5) by score. The viewers then vote from those contestants to keep who they want to stay. That way we keep the best dancers and it doesn't totally preclude a not great dancer with a large fan base or one that for whatever reason connects with the viewers from making a run at the finals. It also would hopefully prevent good dancers from leaving too early.

I suggested this awhile back. That the judges score should determine who is the atleast the bottom 3 and then allow the viewers to make the final decision based on their votes who go home. That way its a win win situation where the judges score have more merit and the viewers can still feel included.

• Love 2
On 5/16/2019 at 3:59 PM, boyznkatz said:

Unfortunately I don't see a once a year format as good for the show. Most of us who post here are probably die-hard fans and would tune in, but the casual, remote-clicking viewer isn't going to remember anyone from the show after a year. I don't even care so much that Bones won. People voted for him, so it's time to move on. I'm pissed that the spring version was gutted for American Idol, a show I couldn't care less about.

I disagree.  Most competition reality shows, or at least the big ones, are 1x a year.  The Voice isn't, but even that is already running out of steam with ratings slipping.  Many of them have always been 1x a year.

I somewhat like DWTS (sometimes), but I don't have the patience for it to commit the time to it 2x a year.  As a result I found myself tuning out more and more.  It also annoys me too much to watch it more than 1x a year anymore.

Also for all the Idol talk, Idol isn't nearly the disaster it's being made out to be.  I didn't need it to be rebooted to soon and they certainly are paying way too much for the judges, though it sounds like they are trying to remedy the latter for next season.  But the ratings aren't a disaster and it's heading into it's third season already.  DWTS wouldn't be doing any better in that time slot with their ever decreasing ratings.

I will stand by I think the show being on once a year is a good thing for everyone involved, outside of maybe the pros that will need to do more outside work if they want to keep the same paycheck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Besides, other versions of the show (including all of the European and South American, Australian, and New Zealander versions) have been doing once-a-year runs all along, and they're all still going strong. The US version is the only one I know that had both a spring AND a fall season. I think this move to an annual run is going to be a great benefit to the show. People won't be as burned out on it as they are now.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3

Well maybe with going once a year they can nab some actual stars. Not A-listers of course, but maybe some B and C listers like they used to have. Anyone besides You Tube and instagram "stars" would be fine with me.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Well maybe with going once a year they can nab some actual stars. Not A-listers of course, but maybe some B and C listers like they used to have. Anyone besides You Tube and instagram "stars" would be fine with me.

Based on what was said at upfronts, I think that is what they are trying to do. I question if they can even get B list celebs, maybe C list.  But at the very least, it gives a bit more time for the celeb pool to refill.  Just in the sense that there are only so many celebs in Hollywood, and athletes I guess, that are willing to do the show.  Of course new people come onto the scene now and again, but I feel like part of the issue is DWTS has already mined from a lot of their usual pools of talent (nostalgia gets, retired/off season athletes, Disney talent, etc) and the ones willing to do the show have already done it.  This at least keeps them from exhausting their talent base and/or waiting for some new people to come on the scene.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Maya S said:

Ha Cheryl totally faked us out!  She said on Instagram that the wedding was in a few days and she got married that very day 😍

I saw her picture. She looked gorgeous. Is she coming back in the fall?

• Love 1
On 5/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, vavera4ka said:

As long as my initial reaction on 90% of them isn't "who?" I'm game.

Still hoping for Hilary Knight.

I don't see why they couldn't get Hilary. She would be a perfect contestant and unlikely to have scandals. If they take off a year and come back with more criminals and losers, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

50 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

I don't see why they couldn't get Hilary. She would be a perfect contestant and unlikely to have scandals. If they take off a year and come back with more criminals and losers, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

well, while she's playing they'd have to catch her in the offseason. So it's either wait till she retires, or have a show in summer...

On 5/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, vavera4ka said:

well, while she's playing they'd have to catch her in the offseason. So it's either wait till she retires, or have a show in summer...

With the folding of the Canadian Women’s hockey league (knight played for Montreal I believe) many of the Canadian/American players are sitting out hockey next season until a united league can be formed that will support and promote the players. 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:52 AM, TWISTERMOM said:

With the folding of the Canadian Women’s hockey league (knight played for Montreal I believe) many of the Canadian/American players are sitting out hockey next season until a united league can be formed that will support and promote the players. 

oh i didn't know it all fell apart.

sucks for the ladies... but might be a silver lining for us

On 5/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, babyhouseman said:

Cheryl got married.

https://www.etonline.com/cheryl-burke-marries-matthew-lawrence-in-san-diego-see-her-stunning-wedding-dress-125843

Her husband's an actor. He can do the show like his older brother did.

My guess if if Matt had any interest in the show, he would have done it by now.  I'm sure he's been asked multiple times considering they dated ten years ago, around the time his brother was on and then they have been back together for the last few years.  I'm sure the producers would have loved that.

Cheryl looks great but I'm not a fan of the veil with her hair down like that.  It looks alright in the official People photo, but I think it looks weird in the first image - almost like an afterthought. 

I knew she was friendly with Leah Remini but I didn't know they were that close for Leah to be her Matron of Honor.

1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

I knew she was friendly with Leah Remini but I didn't know they were that close for Leah to be her Matron of Honor.

That surprised me too considering how close she is with her sister, as well as Kym and Kelly Monaco, both of whom she's known a lot longer.

I was also surprised Tony wasn't at the wedding considering how close he is to Cheryl.

On 5/28/2019 at 4:01 PM, spanana said:

My guess if if Matt had any interest in the show, he would have done it by now.  I'm sure he's been asked multiple times considering they dated ten years ago, around the time his brother was on and then they have been back together for the last few years.  I'm sure the producers would have loved that.

Matt is actor, what does he act on currently?? I was wondering what he does for living. He isnt someone I would imagine Cheryl ending up with. 

• Love 1
On 5/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, Toonces464 said:

That surprised me too considering how close she is with her sister, as well as Kym and Kelly Monaco, both of whom she's known a lot longer.

I was also surprised Tony wasn't at the wedding considering how close he is to Cheryl.

I don't know if she's friends with Kelly Monaco anymore?  They were super close at one time, but she was absent in all pics from Cheryl's various festivities.

And yes, Cheryl has been close with Leah for several years.  I was a bit surprised she was matron of honor over Cheryl's sister, but Cheryl even popped up in a small snippet of Leah's realty show several years ago.   They have been pretty consistent friends.  I think Leah's daughter was part of the wedding party too and her husband's band supposedly played at an afterparty.

As for Matt, I don't think he acts much so I don't know what he does to make money.  The only thing I know from Cheryl's on posts is he seems fairly outdoorsy and is always gardening and taking care of plants and animals and is kind of the opposite of prissy Cheryl in that way.  But not sure what he does to bring in money.  However he doesn't strike me as the reality show type or I think he would have gone to that well by now like his brother.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, spanana said:

I don't know if she's friends with Kelly Monaco anymore?

They're still friends. At least they were up until Cheryl's bridal shower, because Kelly posted about it on her Instagram. Not sure why she didn't make the wedding. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

They're still friends. At least they were up until Cheryl's bridal shower, because Kelly posted about it on her Instagram. Not sure why she didn't make the wedding. 

Thanks!  I don't follow Kelly, so I didn't see that.  But at the very least they aren't nearly as close anymore because back in the day Kelly would have been part of her wedding party.