Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: DWTS

• Start Topic

Artem is apparently dating Nikki Bella for those who care. Good for him for getting a girlfriend. Now all that needs to happen is for dwts to give him the ringeriest ringer of all time so he can go out with a mirror ball.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Artem is apparently dating Nikki Bella for those who care. Good for him for getting a girlfriend. Now all that needs to happen is for dwts to give him the ringeriest ringer of all time so he can go out with a mirror ball.

Come on Tessa Virtue!

• Love 2
On 1/4/2019 at 2:06 PM, boyznkatz said:

Those two are the ones that did have flirting happening during her season.  But then I thought of John Cena who is HOT too and didn't think nothing of it.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Those two are the ones that did have flirting happening during her season.  But then I thought of John Cena who is HOT too and didn't think nothing of it.

From what I heard, John Cena didn't want to get married so they broke up, but maybe she was fooling around with Artem so they split. Who knows.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Maya S said:

Come on Tessa Virtue!

If we are trying to get  the ringiest ringer, by the virtue (see what I did there? lol) of her being Canadian, idk how American viewer is going to vote for her... What's Tanith Belbin (how does Canada feel about her "defecting"?) up to these days? lol or Sasha Cohen...

for nostalgia fanbase... does Topanga have dancing background?

Edited by vavera4ka

The upcoming live performance of Rent on Fox has 3 former DWTS contestants. Jordan, Tinashe and Mario  Barrett.

Nice to see Mario getting some shine. He is so talented. (Len’s treatment of Mario earned my eternal dislike).

• Love 3

I too was coming here about Rent!  I've been seeing Jordan making the press rounds. And the rehearsal previews? Wow. Its going to amazing. It was like a simultaneous reminder of seeing how the DWTS audience was actually capable of choosing a talented winner and at the same time seeing Tinashe just reminded me of her early boot and how we got stuck with the worst winner ever.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

Speaking of former dwts peeps, a lot of them have washed ashore on The Masked Singer. Does anyone watch that? Margaret Cho got eliminated last night. She actually has a pretty good singing voice.

We know...and we still love it ;)

• Love 1

Not only The Masked Singer (and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of DWTS peeps on there that haven't been revealed yet), but Celeb Big Brother just started and it's also a DWTS cavalcade.  Jonathan Bennett, Ryan Lochte, Joey Lawrence, Tamar Braxton, Lolo Jones...that might be it or I might be forgetting someone.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, spanana said:

Not only The Masked Singer (and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of DWTS peeps on there that haven't been revealed yet), but Celeb Big Brother just started and it's also a DWTS cavalcade.  Jonathan Bennett, Ryan Lochte, Joey Lawrence, Tamar Braxton, Lolo Jones...that might be it or I might be forgetting someone.

And I've been playing degrees of separation.  Joey's brother is engaged to Cheryl.  Ryan had Cheryl as a partner...

Of course this is making me forecast who may be on in the future. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And I've been playing degrees of separation.  Joey's brother is engaged to Cheryl.  Ryan had Cheryl as a partner...

Of course this is making me forecast who may be on in the future. 

And Cheryl hasn't said a word about either.  I honestly have wondered about Cheryl's relationship with the Lawrence family, but I've heard lots of things about Joey being a diva and a big pain in the ass.  He also might have certain political leanings, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  However Cheryl is always posting when she and Matt are hanging with her family and not vice versa.  Either she doesn't post when she is with his family or they don't spend a lot of time with them.  She and Matt always go on vacation with her family, though her family I think probably has a lot more dough for fancy vacations.  Joey I believe declared bankruptcy a few years ago.

Plus I always go back to S3 where there was a lot of behind the scenes gossip about how one of the celebs was hated on set.  At this point I forget the specifics since it was so long ago, but the consensus at the time was that it was about Mario since Mario Lopez could also come off like a super douche.  Then I feel like a few years later something pointed to the fact that none of it was about Mario at all, but rather Joey Lawrence.  Which I could totally buy.  He seems like an odd dude.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Let's not forget Celebrity Family Feud.

And Celebrity Apprentice...

19 minutes ago, spanana said:

And Cheryl hasn't said a word about either.  I honestly have wondered about Cheryl's relationship with the Lawrence family, but I've heard lots of things about Joey being a diva and a big pain in the ass.  He also might have certain political leanings, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  However Cheryl is always posting when she and Matt are hanging with her family and not vice versa.  Either she doesn't post when she is with his family or they don't spend a lot of time with them.  She and Matt always go on vacation with her family, though her family I think probably has a lot more dough for fancy vacations.  Joey I believe declared bankruptcy a few years ago.

Plus I always go back to S3 where there was a lot of behind the scenes gossip about how one of the celebs was hated on set.  At this point I forget the specifics since it was so long ago, but the consensus at the time was that it was about Mario since Mario Lopez could also come off like a super douche.  Then I feel like a few years later something pointed to the fact that none of it was about Mario at all, but rather Joey Lawrence.  Which I could totally buy.  He seems like an odd dude.

That's interesting about the families.  Now that you say that, it is always her family.

And if you're watching Big Brother, you can see Joey doesn't seem like the down to earth type.  He just strikes me as swarmy and douchy.  The way he dresses/presents himself is almost costumey. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And Celebrity Apprentice...

That's interesting about the families.  Now that you say that, it is always her family.

And if you're watching Big Brother, you can see Joey doesn't seem like the down to earth type.  He just strikes me as swarmy and douchy.  The way he dresses/presents himself is almost costumey. 

He also comes off like he has no desire to be there, which he probably doesn't.  Since the guy claimed bankruptcy a few years ago, I'm sure he just needed the paycheck.  On the feeds he claims he has all these projects in the works, but unlikely.

Also while this is not a reason to not like the guy or for proof of him being an ass, the weirdest thing about Joey Lawrence to me is that he refuses to let himself age and so makes himself look weirder as a result.  He still dresses like he's 20, probably does things to his face since a lot of his skin seems unable to move, draws on his hair/eyebrows, etc.  You aren't fooling anybody dude.  You would probably be a good looking middle aged guy if you just left it alone instead of trying to pretend you aren't aging.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, spanana said:

He also comes off like he has no desire to be there, which he probably doesn't.  Since the guy claimed bankruptcy a few years ago, I'm sure he just needed the paycheck.  On the feeds he claims he has all these projects in the works, but unlikely.

Also while this is not a reason to not like the guy or for proof of him being an ass, the weirdest thing about Joey Lawrence to me is that he refuses to let himself age and so makes himself look weirder as a result.  He still dresses like he's 20, probably does things to his face since a lot of his skin seems unable to move, draws on his hair/eyebrows, etc.  You aren't fooling anybody dude.  You would probably be a good looking middle aged guy if you just left it alone instead of trying to pretend you aren't aging.

You nailed it.  I couldn't quite place it, hence me thinking it was costume-like.  

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:54 PM, Toonces464 said:

Did not like her dress at all. But nice to see they had former partners and co-stars there, unlike the brother whose footsteps he followed in.

ITA with you. I have to admit, I do think it is better than Peta's wedding dress. That is not saying much, though. I didn't like the pink bridesmaid dresses either.  Val looks like a deer caught in the headlights in some of those pics I have seen on SM. But I am impressed that Val did not go shirtless, so there is that.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I don't care for her dress either.  Don't care for the whole look.  As much as she annoys me, she's a beautiful girl and I don't particularly find her that pretty on her wedding day.

Agree - I'm sure she's been waiting for this moment for a really long time and I just don't understand the choices that she made.  The dress looked really unflattering from the side.

• Love 2

Actually, I thought it was super unflattering from the front too.  She looked quite shapeless in comparison to the shape that we all know she has.  Very weird choice.  Maybe it looked better in real life - sometimes things do.

• Love 1

She has lost way too much weight tbh where she didnt have too. Her wedding dress was boring. U can have a simple wedding gown but still make pop and it didnt work for her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

It looks matronly.  She's not Mormon is she?  As if her head wasn't big enough (figuratively, not literally), this is going to blow that head up even more and I'm not looking forward to it. 

Yes, she's Mormon.

I can't help but feel that Val did follow in his big brother's footsteps in settling for someone he had a relationship with that wasn't what he wanted, breaking it off, but then going back and settling when he wasn't able to find anyone else. I think as they saw members of their crew settling down and getting married (led by stylist/wedding planner to the stars, Nicole Volynets), they got desperate and took what they could get. Kind of makes me sad for both of them.

Edit: Just as I finished typing this, GMA did a segment on the wedding with some "exclusive pictures." Again it was mentioned that Rumer Willis was there but as they said that, they showed a group shot of all the DWTS people who were there and no Rumer (but yes Alfonso was there! WTF?). I wonder if the media is mistaking Nikki Bella for Rumer because that's the third time it's been mentioned that Rumer was there but based on comments she's made on some of the IG pics that have been posted she clearly wasn't.

Edited by Toonces464
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Toonces464 said:

Yes, she's Mormon.

I can't help but feel that Val did follow in his big brother's footsteps in settling for someone he had a relationship with that wasn't what he wanted, breaking it off, but then going back and settling when he wasn't able to find anyone else. I think as they saw members of their crew settling down and getting married (led by stylist/wedding planner to the stars, Nicole Volynets), they got desperate and took what they could get. Kind of makes me sad for both of them.

That's a really good point and can see that.  So Nicole Volynets went from ballroom dancer to wedding planner?  Didn't she date Val for some time?

Also just noticed they got married a day after her birthday.  Wonder if they planned that for a specific reason or that just happened to be an open date for a venue they wanted? 

6 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That's a really good point and can see that.  So Nicole Volynets went from ballroom dancer to wedding planner?  Didn't she date Val for some time?

Also just noticed they got married a day after her birthday.  Wonder if they planned that for a specific reason or that just happened to be an open date for a venue they wanted? 

Nicole seems to have had a variety of jobs, all centered around Maks and Val, then later the "fam" pros and some of their former partners. Remember her brief stint as a bathing suit designer, which was backed financially by Kirstie Alley?

I think she and Val dated briefly when they were kids.

• Love 1

I agree about Jenna's horrible dress. It looked like a turtleneck stapled to a strapless gown. If she wanted something modest yet elegant, she should have gotten some ideas from Kate Middleton.

I really doubt Rumer went. I heard she wasn't on good terms with Val. Didn't she get her DWTS tattoo removed?

4 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Yes, she's Mormon.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Maks and Peta are in love and are like a typical couple. I can't see Maks fooling around on her. 

Val and Jenna on the other hand, feels forced and awkward. I think when DWTS inevitably ends soon and they have nothing to do, Val will feel less constrained and will leave her.  

So do any of you think its strange that Alexis up on Milo now that he is 18. It seem like something was going on with them when on the show and he was just 17.  I knew Alan and her were nothing but a showmance the producers coughed up at the last minute but this is just ridiculous.

2 hours ago, fpbl83 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think Maks and Peta are in love and are like a typical couple. I can't see Maks fooling around on her. 

Val and Jenna on the other hand, feels forced and awkward. I think when DWTS inevitably ends soon and they have nothing to do, Val will feel less constrained and will leave her.  

I think Maks grew to love her fully over time. I dont think he loved truly in the beginning of their courtship but he grew to love her. I still not convinced on Val and JJ. It just seems JJ is not Val's type. The only thing they have in common is dance, like u said once no longer have dwts together or any dance show, they will be empty inside.

8 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I think Maks grew to love her fully over time. I dont think he loved truly in the beginning of their courtship but he grew to love her. I still not convinced on Val and JJ. It just seems JJ is not Val's type. The only thing they have in common is dance, like u said once no longer have dwts together or any dance show, they will be empty inside.

How many times did Val and Jenna break up? It was at least three times, from what I remember. I don't think vanilla is his type, either. He seems to like black women IMO. 

Maks and Peta have no chemistry either. I thought Karina was more his type, but I could be wrong. I do think he seems happy to be a father, though.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, fpbl83 said:

I expect Maks to cheat/leave before Val.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I think I saw a photo of Artem at the Val/Jenna wedding & his date was Nikki Bella...was he her partner when she was on DWTS?  I guess Nikki has moved on from John Cena...

US Weekly reported on this months ago and I believe Nikki confirmed it last month. It seems to be something they're being casual about and taking slow but yes, she and Artem are dating.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

US Weekly reported on this months ago and I believe Nikki confirmed it last month. It seems to be something they're being casual about and taking slow but yes, she and Artem are dating.

She did admit in her podcast that she still dates other people tho. I guess they may be more friends with benefits with some feelings mixed in but nothing serious.

10 hours ago, boyznkatz said:

How many times did Val and Jenna break up? It was at least three times, from what I remember. I don't think vanilla is his type, either. He seems to like black women IMO. 

Maks and Peta have no chemistry either. I thought Karina was more his type, but I could be wrong. I do think he seems happy to be a father, though.

If black women were truly Val's only type then he wouldnt be with the whitest white girl he can find, LOL. Im just keepin it real. I think he does alot stuff for show, I mean im not sayin he aint attracted to black women but dating one and actually marrying one is different story. I dont know much about his dating life but to me he does alot of things for show.

17 hours ago, vdw84 said:

So do any of you think its strange that Alexis up on Milo now that he is 18. It seem like something was going on with them when on the show and he was just 17.  I knew Alan and her were nothing but a showmance the producers coughed up at the last minute but this is just ridiculous.

Supposedly they are still insisting they're just friends and some of her fans were insisting that she was also holding hands with Maddie Ziegler (which she was, I saw the pictures), who was at Coachella with her, Milo and the other group of people they were with. And so clearly holding hands doesn't mean there's something romantic going on. 

Also, there seems to be some speculation about her and Noah Centineo who is the hot teen idol of the moment, thanks to the Netflix film To All The Boys I've Loved Before. Not sure what that's based on since I haven't seen anything in any of the entertainment mags and they write about him quite a bit. In fact, last I read was speculation about him and Lily Collins. 

In any case, whatever reason that speculation started, some of his fangirls have already swooped down and naturally many are accusing her of clout chasing and just wanting to use him for fame. I've noticed Alexis gets a lot of social media hate, which I guess when your career is essentially being on social media, that'll likely happen. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
9 hours ago, vdw84 said:

If black women were truly Val's only type then he wouldnt be with the whitest white girl he can find, LOL. Im just keepin it real. I think he does alot stuff for show, I mean im not sayin he aint attracted to black women but dating one and actually marrying one is different story. I dont know much about his dating life but to me he does alot of things for show.

I agree. I had a friend who was attracted to black guys and that's all she dated, but she ended up marrying vanilla because of her ultra-conservative family. Val did the same, I think. He's a mama's boy who isn't going to upset his conservative family. Jenna is entirely their type.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Val and Maks cheat and are out of there before five years. There was a rumor Val was caught on a dating site with his pants down. I'm not sure if it was true or not. And we all know about the escort Maks took to Italy while he was supposedly pining after Peta. LOL

• Love 1
20 hours ago, vdw84 said:

They look gross and he looks like her little brother. I know they aren't that much different in age, but she looks older than she is and he looks younger. So it just looks weird.

I don't think either of them are that famous, though, so no one is really going to care.

5 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Val did the same, I think. He's a mama's boy who isn't going to upset his conservative family. Jenna is entirely their type.

I've noticed Jenna spends a lot of time with the family. She's done and is scheduled to do teaching with Val and the DWM studios and while she was in NY before the wedding for her fitting, she went to the movies with the C parents. Peta has never done a thing for DWM and she and Mama C appear to keep each other at arm's length. Plus the fact that Maks seems to have removed himself a lot from the business and spends pretty much all his time out in LA alone with Peta and the baby and not really interacting with the family much back in NY makes me think the fam is a lot more fond of Jenna than they are of Peta.

I always got the feeling Maks and Val sowed their wild oats and were ready to settle down and have kids. Peta and Jenna were their most persistent suitors so they won the contest. These relationships especially Maks and Peta's never seemed right to me. 

Val and Jenna are on a honeymoon while Maks and Peta never had a honeymoon. I always thought they never went on one. Peta said so in an article. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dwts-maks-peta-havent-taken-honeymoon-after-2-years-of-marriage/

• Love 2
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I always got the feeling Maks and Val sowed their wild oats and were ready to settle down and have kids. Peta and Jenna were their most persistent suitors so they won the contest. These relationships especially Maks and Peta's never seemed right to me. 

Val and Jenna are on a honeymoon while Maks and Peta never had a honeymoon. I always thought they never went on one. Peta said so in an article. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dwts-maks-peta-havent-taken-honeymoon-after-2-years-of-marriage/

Maks and Peta have never been on a vacation alone together. That article made me laugh, that Maks was blaming it on working on DWTS, when Val & Jenna, Emma & Sasha, Derek & Hayley and all the other non-pro couples have managed to take vacations together just fine.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I've noticed Jenna spends a lot of time with the family. She's done and is scheduled to do teaching with Val and the DWM studios and while she was in NY before the wedding for her fitting, she went to the movies with the C parents. Peta has never done a thing for DWM and she and Mama C appear to keep each other at arm's length. Plus the fact that Maks seems to have removed himself a lot from the business and spends pretty much all his time out in LA alone with Peta and the baby and not really interacting with the family much back in NY makes me think the fam is a lot more fond of Jenna than they are of Peta.

Maks and Peta  are selling their NJ home. Notice 4 dwts trophies on the fireplace mantel 

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/maksim-chmerkovskiy-cuts-new-jersey-home-price/ 

Edited by Gueststar

I think the reason the Chmerkovskiy family love Jenna so much is because she's bought the fam koolaid hook line and sinker.  Literally everything she does is in service to the family, saying how amazing they are, supporting the family's ventures and etc.  And while supporting the family business is great, she now has her entire brand latched on to Val.  They are selling themselves as a package deal for photoshoots, teaching opportunities, through their studios, etc.  Also it seemed recently like they were going to be training to try and make another competitive ballroom go?

But I agree on a lot of the rest.  Her dress was UGLY and even they styling was ugly.  Her make-up person should have been fired on the spot because her contour was so harsh and unblended in the outdoor light.  But the dress screams Nicole Volynet's style to me and I guess Jenna was trying to be demure (she's Mormon, but I don't think she's exactly a practicing Mormon the way her more conservative family are).  But there are ways to be demure in non ugly dresses.  The underneath bodysuit with the high neck wasn't flattering.

Anyway, they seem to have monetized their whole wedding.  I get it's normal for celebs to release their own wedding pics through People or other outlets, but they also did whole photoshoots on their honeymoon to run in tabloids, so I guess they aren't shy about wanting the bag.

As for the Rumer part, since clearly they released details about their own wedding to the outlets, they probably had released a partial expected guest list ahead of time listing out the celebs expected to be in attendance.  The media outlets were probably working off what they were told ahead of time and Rumer opted not to go.

The wedding pics are also funny to me because most are so forced and not joyful.  Val is a deer in headlights and Jenna is so worried about posing and finding her angles, the joy seems lost.  I'm sure they had happier candid moments, but in pics the wedding had a weird vibe.

I also think it's funny how different the dress code of sorts was amongst the guests.  The east coast people are all in full length dressy gowns but a lot of the west coast people are super modest and casual, partly the Mormon crew but in general.  Like look how Witney was dressed versus some of the NY people.  

Lindsay was the only DWTS person that made Jenna's wedding party.  I laugh that she had Adam Rippon, who she worked with for all of maybe 6 weeks, as part of her wedding party but didn't return the favor of having either Witney or Emma in her wedding, despite the fact that she was in theirs.  I know she's not obligated, but I also expect she goes with the celebs that will give her more attention.

ETA: From what I can tell Alexis is now up visiting Noah Centineo in Canada so I don't truly think anything is going on with Milo, weird as their relationship may be.  Plus Milo will be off filming Zombies 2 soon and he's going to NYU in the Fall, so he won't be anywhere near her anyway.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1