Type keyword(s) to search

Sabrina the Teenage Witch vs. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

• Start Topic

I feel this is asking to compare an apple to a watermelon, just because of how wildly different they are from each other from tone on down. 

Having said that, I get the impression that both series are a decent representation of the comics they draw from, with sitcom being more wholesome and family friendly, like the older Archie Comics, and Chilling Adventures being more... not advertiser friendly. 

And this is from someone who despite watching the sitcom was unaware the characters were connected tonArchie comics until after the show Riverdale debuted. 

• Love 3

I watched the original sitcom version and liked it. But these shows are nothing alike besides the characters having the same name. They are from 2 very different comics. 

I do like the darker angle this one has especially dealing with Sabrina's darker impulses and what she can do with her power. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

I feel this is asking to compare an apple to a watermelon, just because of how wildly different they are from each other from tone on down. 

True, but since people were already comparing the two shows in the episode threads, I thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread to discuss the two!

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Ophanim said:

It was long time ago, when I watched ABC version, but one thing I know I loved was their version of Salem the cat, he had some good snarky talk

I didn't really watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but I'm a little bit familiar with it because my youngest sister loved it. What I mostly remember was Salem being a smartass, which I loved!

• Love 3