Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S07.E12: Bless This Mess

Recommended Posts

Quote

MJ and Tommy struggle to convince Vida to give them her blessing before getting married; Reza launches his hair care business; Nema develops his Persian "street cred;" MJ takes an ill-advised detour on the way to the altar.

Airs November 1, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post

Why in the world is Mike wearing that cap in the restaurant?  We know he wasn’t brought up in a barn.  I wouldn’t mind it in some chain restaurants but not in a French restaurant lunching with his mother.

I can’t figure out this scheme with the Reza Hair Products.  Who would buy that?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I sensed that the Vida scene was drawn out for drama (I know: No shit!), but I actually got a little emotional when she gave her daughter that blessing.  Because it sounded as spontaneous and heartfelt as anything we've ever heard her say on this series.
And it's about fucking time.

A sweet scene at the jewelry store with the boys.  I really like Nema; and drama-free Mike is FunMike.  And little doses of Shervin turn out to be the right amount.  Too bad he & GG are destined to be just friends.  Though on second thought: why would I wish that on Shervin.

Tommy's observation about Persian women and their furry pillows was hilarious.  Readers of my newsletter (bwah) may recall that I'm a This is Us fan.  I think Tommy is who they wanted Toby to be.  If only.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Why in the world is Mike wearing that cap in the restaurant?  We know he wasn’t brought up in a barn.  I wouldn’t mind it in some chain restaurants but not in a French restaurant lunching with his mother.

I can’t figure out this scheme with the Reza Hair Products.  Who would buy that?

I am thinking the same thing.  Wool hats all year round, everywhere.  Maybe he thinks he looks cool.  Every season, one of them is selling another product.  Diamond water, moo moos, Gigi’s hair extensions, Mike’s baby shoes, Gigi’s pot .. Asas new store, etc etc.  Does anyone have a 9 to 5 job?

What’s with MJ’s boobs sticking out every outfit?  We could all do that, but don’t.

If I hear one more time how much they love each other,  I will scream.  We all love our families and friends, but we don’t have to advertize it every minute.  Mike and Reza especially.  Enough with all the love already.  We get it.

Asa came on a few minutes to showcase her new store.  What a surprise.

cant wait for the wedding.  

One more thing.  Gigi was a beautiful woman.  Why oh why did she have all that work done on her face, because she can?  Big mistake.  Oh, another thing.  I’ve never, never seen so much gold in my life.  Is it all necessary?  I doubt Adam will get that baby all too soon.  Reza does not look too interested.  That’s all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Why is Jessica's aunt or older sister giving MJ a plasma facial? I'm stunned how much this woman from certain angles, looks exactly like Jessica. If these images occurred during an episode back when Mike and Jessica were together, you wouldn't look twice. I'm amazed. I'm also suspicious. Because this therapist also didn't appear to be Persian. MJ is messy AF. Cos all I'm thinking about is wedding/Jessica. 

Mike. I'm not even through this episode, but the restaurant was called 'Petite Berries' or something, which i interpreted as 'Little Balls' because Mike. Who slouches in out of his ridiculous lego mobile in a beanie, using that obnoxious condescending and somewhat threatening voice as he moves over the threshold 'I've heard GOOD THINGS about this place'. Oh wow, really? You did? What a tool. And then he orders a club sandwich with fries and the everpresent ceviche for Mom. In sea bass flavour. We don't have sea bass here, but it is the fish I hear the most about on Bravo. Is it what goes into nuggets? Because it's usually RHs ordering it, and they all have palates like Kendra Wilkinson Baskett. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I really do have empathy for Destiny, but I’m tired of seeing her cry throughout every episode. Enough already.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Does anyone have a 9 to 5 job?

I don't think anybody on any reality show has a 9 to 5 job, and I wouldn't want them to.  If I wanted to watch people with 9 to 5 jobs, I wouldn't watch reality shows.  That's my reality now, and I don't need to see it on TV.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, queenjen said:

 

Mike. I'm not even through this episode, but the restaurant was called 'Petite Berries' or something, which i interpreted as 'Little Balls' because Mike. Who slouches in out of his ridiculous lego mobile in a beanie, using that obnoxious condescending and somewhat threatening voice as he moves over the threshold 'I've heard GOOD THINGS about this place'. Oh wow, really? You did? What a tool. And then he orders a club sandwich with fries and the everpresent ceviche for Mom. In sea bass flavour. We don't have sea bass here, but it is the fish I hear the most about on Bravo. Is it what goes into nuggets? Because it's usually RHs ordering it, and they all have palates like Kendra Wilkinson Baskett. 

I think it was called "Petit Paris." 

At the table, while eating the "everpresent ceviche," (hahahaha!!!)  he asked his mom if she's ever been to Paris.  Riveting conversation!!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, Mike really knows how to dress for the occasion.

The sea bass made me laugh, because a few years ago I worked on a book about fish, and one factoid I learned was that what all the elegant ladies call Chilean sea bass was originally called Patagonian toothfish.  Nobody was buying it, so they changed the name and . . . voilà!  Instant upscale.

Mike's mom might be running out of believably supportive mom-isms to cheer on her son's endless new businesses that go on to fail.  Her face certainly wasn't in rah-rah mode at that lunch.  Must be exhausting to pretend to think the latest next one is going to be the charm.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm 5 minutes in and already I cannot handle Destiney....please make her go away next season. Gonna finish watching and ff thru that crying crazy woman's segments.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I want to know more about why Tommy left his bio parents?

I believe his birth father abandoned them when he was a little kid and his mother died when he was a teen. I think he might have emancipated himself to not get stuck in the foster system because his father wasn't in the picture and he had very close family friends who supported him.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, AntAnn said:

I really do have empathy for Destiny, but I’m tired of seeing her cry throughout every episode. Enough already.

Agreed - yet, I’m interested in finding out what happens with this storyline, and also appreciated Reza’s explanation regarding multiple families for Persian men. But I still want to know if this is because there’s a shortage of men, or just because they can - or what?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think anybody on any reality show has a 9 to 5 job, and I wouldn't want them to.  If I wanted to watch people with 9 to 5 jobs, I wouldn't watch reality shows.  That's my reality now, and I don't need to see it on TV.

9 to 5 jobs meaning someone who goes to work for 8 or more hours.  For instance, Vikie works in real estate, Davis Beador works construction, Eddie works the gym,Bethennys Jason works Wall Street .. hours where you work for about 8 hours or more.  9 to 5 is just an expression.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

 Does anyone have a 9 to 5 job?

Both Reza and MJ had 9 to 5's the first season of the show. They both were real estate agents and fairly successful at it. We even had the pleasure of seeing them in the office occasionally. I remember when Reza agreed help broke ass Mike and took him on as a partner, then they had a big blow out I hate you I'll never speak to you again fight because Reza said Mike was lazy and Mike said Reza would never take the time to mentor him. Anyway, Reza may still dabble in Real Estate but I don't think MJ does anything any longer other than and whine about wanting a baby. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Both Reza and MJ had 9 to 5's the first season of the show. They both were real estate agents and fairly successful at it. We even had the pleasure of seeing them in the office occasionally. I remember when Reza agreed help broke ass Mike and took him on as a partner, then they had a big blow out I hate you I'll never speak to you again fight because Reza said Mike was lazy and Mike said Reza would never take the time to mentor him. Anyway, Reza may still dabble in Real Estate but I don't think MJ does anything any longer other than and whine about wanting a baby. 

Yes .. I remember both Reza and MJ with the Real Estate job, but nothing the last few years.  I guess the show pays well?  Nobody seems to be hurting for money unless they had plenty stashed away.  Looks like they all want to be their own boss and dabble in different ideas they come up with.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I want to know more about why Tommy left his bio parents?

He didn’t. His father left him and his mother, and his father was long gone when Tommy’s mom died from cancer when he was pretty young. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

Reza is so superficial and dumb, like a big house, fancy cars, and gold and diamonds are a sign of legitimate success. According to Reza's dumb rationale Bernie Madoff was very successful and someone to emulate. Apparently Reza's never met anyone who overspent on material stuff, while having very little in savings or income. How many athletes/celebrities have gone bankrupt? 

Also I find it kind of ironic that Shervin was the other person at the jewelry place because he wears the least amount of gold out of all of them. Usually a watch. Occasionally a necklace, but he's never drowning in it like the rest of them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Trust MJ to take an hour literally listing everyone at the party.  I had to FF until Tommy stopped her.  And boy was it awkward and stilted when MJ asked Vida for her blessing.  I'm guessing Vida already gave it off-camera, but this is the Vida Redemption Tour season, so…

I think everyone makes decent to good money in appearance fees (nominal impact on time for major bucks), so no need (now) for their former jobs.  Shahs per episode salary + 15-20 appearance (minimum) fees= very livable wage & then some.  Any extra they earn through vanity projects is just gravy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like Nema a lot - his bad taste in GG aside - but I don't think he fits in with the cast. The field trip to the jewelry store confirmed it that he's neither in their league money-wise nor feels "as Persian" as the rest of them, which he said himself. He doesn't feel like he's close with them, and I'd bet a palate of Asa's diamond water that we won't see him next season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2018 at 11:53 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

Speaking of “Scam Artists” a quick story.  This week, my husband and I got a call from a lawyer saying my Grandson was in jail with a DUI in a car accident with a broken nose, and he didn’t want his Father (my son)to know.  He said, to get him out of jail, we should go to Western Union and send $995.00 CASH to an address to the Dominican Republic to some women’s name.  We called my son and his wife,and my Grandson was sleeping in his bed.  This Con Artist called me back in about an hour after all that and I told him a few things that  I don’t want to repeat.  Everyone on here, BEWARE of these phone calls.  They are Con Artists thinking seniors are stupid.  I’ll bet a lot of Grandparents send the money.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Am I the only one who thinks that couple who Reza paid 1/2 a million dollars to for a shampoo company may be very clever scam artists? In what planet do we need a new  hair care product, even if Reza has his name on the bottle. I don’t see how he’ll make any money off this.

Vanity and misguided ideas of how he thinks he should be living.  He might as well have set fire to that money.  I swear those people don't really live in that house, they probably rent it by the hour when they have a meeting with Reza.  They seem shady.

I would have felt rich with half a mil in the bank.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Vanity with all of them is right.  The gold they all wear.  Asa has a ring on each finger and enough bracelets for an Army.    Reza is ridiculous with all his gold on;  MJ too.  I don’t see movie stars wearing all this gold, and they are loaded.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/1/2018 at 9:22 PM, Emmeline said:

Why in the world is Mike wearing that cap in the restaurant?  We know he wasn’t brought up in a barn.  I wouldn’t mind it in some chain restaurants but not in a French restaurant lunching with his mother.

Because a dou**e bag took a dump. On that dump a fly landed. Then, a bacteria grew off of it. True story. That bacteria is none other than MIKE!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't finished episode yet but so far:

A) Reza has FOR SURE been taken by these investor people.  How can you not take one look at them and realize they're scammers!? I despise Mike but he had the best line with his failed business and Asa's diamond water "no one wants that sh**!" 

B) Adam hasn't looked healthy in a while. Wonder what's up with him. His complexion is...grey?

C) Gigi is "so close with her mom and calls 20 x a day." I hate hearing this from total a**holes like her. I have a shit mother . And I've never been an a**hole and have ALWAYS worked my whole life. 

D) MJ and her childhood friend are adorable!!! Tommy and his "adoptive parents" are adorable! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Vanity and misguided ideas of how he thinks he should be living.  He might as well have set fire to that money.  I swear those people don't really live in that house, they probably rent it by the hour when they have a meeting with Reza.  They seem shady.

I would have felt rich with half a mil in the bank.

They are successful business people. I don't know who would want Reza's hair line, but they own Bedhead and several other companies. Als, I don't buy the story of them meeting while walking their dogs. It had to have been set up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Haven't finished episode yet but so far:

A) Reza has FOR SURE been taken by these investor people.  How can you not take one look at them and realize they're scammers!? I despise Mike but he had the best line with his failed business and Asa's diamond water "no one wants that sh**!" 

B) Adam hasn't looked healthy in a while. Wonder what's up with him. His complexion is...grey?

C) Gigi is "so close with her mom and calls 20 x a day." I hate hearing this from total a**holes like her. I have a shit mother . And I've never been an a**hole and have ALWAYS worked my whole life. 

D) MJ and her childhood friend are adorable!!! Tommy and his "adoptive parents" are adorable! 

Gigi has nothing else to do all day so she calls her Mom.  Why doesn’t she get a normal job already like everyone else.  o work ethic.  Her Father just showers her with money and everything else.  Who would want a woman like that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Speaking of “Scam Artists” a quick story.  This week, my husband and I got a call from a lawyer saying my Grandson was in jail with a DUI in a car accident with a broken nose, and he didn’t want his Father (my son)to know.  He said, to get him out of jail, we should go to Western Union and send $995.00 CASH to an address to the Dominican Republic to some women’s name.  We called my son and his wife,and my Grandson was sleeping in his bed.  This Con Artist called me back in about an hour after all that and I told him a few things that  I don’t want to repeat.  Everyone on here, BEWARE of these phone calls.  They are Con Artists thinking seniors are stupid.  I’ll bet a lot of Grandparents send the money.

OMG! @Gem This attempted scam has happened to my parents three times! The first time they got my dad who has dementia and the person said it was his grandson and in jail with a broken nose and needed $600 for bail. When he asked which grandson, he said my nephews name, Michael (who it is not implausible that this could happen to him, but there is NO WAY he would ever call my parents). My mom thought my dad was confused and dreamed it with all of his memory problems and then a few weeks later she got the same call! She said the person said he was a lawyer and calling for her grandson who needed money for bail in Atlantic City. His name even popped up on the caller ID. My mom asked which grandson, and again the person said Michael!! But she said it sounded strange and she hung up. She called the number back and the guy answered saying his name and she asked a question and he hung up, so she knew it was a scam. Now months later, I am at my parents house and answered the phone and got the same call saying it’s your grandson and need money. I asked a very skeptical question and they hung up. Someone in the community where my parents live got this similar call and sent a lot of money to the person because she thought her grandchild was in trouble. So this is definitely a huge scam going on and targeted at older people. I have no idea how they knew my nephews first name or if it was a lucky guess— be careful and warn seniors, as they seem to be being targeted. 

As for something on topic, MJ’s speech was hella awkward and she was drunk-naming every person in the room as she noticed them. I think she really was grateful and wanted to thank everyone and feeling mushy and she kept naming more people to include them too... yet it was a drunk rambling list a la Bubba naming every shrimp for days in Forrest Gump. Tommy’s “great speech! Yeah keep naming people!  Hahahaha!!” was so hilariously right on and EXACTLY what was happening, which is why I love Tommy; however it was inappropriate to yell it out and he seemed to be laughing AT her in the moment when she was floundering when I feel like that was a time that he could have stepped up to be supportive and help her move along in the speech as a partner, instead of making fun of her. He then could have made fun of her in private and they could have a good laugh about her ridiculousness and she would have named people for 4 days and I think MJ would laugh about it after too. But in the moment, she needed support and not to be jeered at from her groom— especially since he was not very involved in the planning and it was all MJ and it was clearly rushed and not organized and she was very stressed about all the wedding events. I was sad to be disappointed in Tommy because I want to really like him for MJ. Tommy’s comment was hysterical if it was made at brunch the next day and he was not the groom; yet as the groom, I felt he could have helped her out instead of pointing and laughing at her. Do a little better Tommy and give her some support in this stressful process and help her enjoy it!! Stop laughing and take this seriously. I was rooting for you! We were ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!! (™️ Tyra ANTM meltdown) ?

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

MJ was a gorgeous bride and I liked her dress! However, when she was walking down the "aisle" and stopping to talk to everybody I thought she was drunk and the speech she gave to Tommy was so classless not because of what she was saying but because he started immaturely laughing at her and she told him to STFU. They were fighting right there in front of everybody and the officiant!  Wow, what an awful and embarrassing shit show. I can't believe Vida didn't lose her mind over that. The reception was nice and made up for the vows. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I got very behind watching this season so I just saw this episode.  When, at the cake tasting, Reza asked that if MJ was a dessert, what would she be - was I the only who yelled, "Buttery chocolate croissant!!??"  Just me? Ok.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×