Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: The Day After

• Start Topic

On 10/29/2018 at 8:41 PM, TexasGal said:

Plus, also, yes, I’m sure you are getting a skinny margarita in Jamaica.  

We go to Jamaica frequently and laugh at folks who order tequila based drinks there (not to their faces).  It is just not a tequila place.  Rum is their mainstay and what they make best (see Bob Marley drink reference below).  I am willing to bet the margarita (skinny or otherwise) was horrible tasting.

It is also probably not the best idea to get steak in Jamaica.  It is not going to be ANYTHING like the steaks we are used to in the US.    Fish and local dishes are the best since they are fresh.   I've found beef to be substandard - but then again I am in Texas and have access to tons of great steak restaurants...

On 10/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, ninjago said:

Also, I agree with whoever said Gina looks like Brianna!  It's distracting!  Also, I think Emily looks like Jeanna Keough.

OMG this is true - I had not thought of it before but you are so right!!!

On 10/30/2018 at 12:40 PM, SweetPotato said:

At the restaurant on the beach, I liked Emily’s pina colada with the red, yellow and green layers. It looked yummy, I wanted one.

not a pina colada - a Bob Marley.  Pro Tip: do not try this as a flaming shot.  Trust me.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

Also, I'm gonna hate myself for this one:  It was actually nice to see Tamra cleaning up the dishes from breakfast and wiping down the table. I like to help out housekeeping as much as I can too.  

I noticed this.  I also try to pick up and not leave anything gross out for housekeeping to deal with.

18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have an ex boss who was married to a very wealthy man, they owned several luxury properties in Jamaica with staff, guard dogs, gorgeous views and air conditioning, stupidly I never took advantage of going to Jamaica. I am surprised that Bravo did not book a luxury property for the women, there are lots of amazing rentals I am sure, the women usually have first class accommodations.  If they stayed at that resort in exchange for the free advertising it didn't work, I don't even remember name of where they stayed.

The private villas are luxury properties but the larger resorts are mostly basic.  5 stars in Jamaica is like 3 stars in the US.   The resort they were staying was fairly new but they really didn't do much on property - they were always off somewhere.  I am unsure why they left the property and went to Doctors Cave beach when the beach in front of their property was much less crowded and looked really clean.  Unless it was so we could be wowed by Kelly doing a backflip on the water trampoline.  That was pretty cool!

4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Because arranging security on that kind of an outing might have been a real problem.  I heard Jamaica is not a very safe place for tourists outside their hotel compound.  Quite a few years ago Mr. Thrax went there once on business with a client (a coffee broker), and he told me that street crime was rampant, particularly against tourists.  They had to hire two bodyguards (one each) to accompany them on a trip from Kingston to Blue Mountain and back.  I was really surprised because I always thought of it as a laid-back paradise.

Jamaica is a super poor country.  The living wage there is remarkably low.  The lure of easy money with tourists who probably won't stick around to file charges who maybe couldn't pick them out of a line up due to excessive alcohol or drugs....  It is safer within the compound of the resorts where guards sit at the gates and track who is coming and going.   There are many wonderful people in Jamaica and it is a beautiful place.  You have to remind yourself to secure yourself as you would in a large city or in the seedier parts of your smaller town -- even though you are surrounded by palm trees and gorgeous beaches....  

• Love 6

What bothered me the most this episode is Kelly berating Shannon when they sat down to dinner. The hell?  And I’ve really grown to like Kelly but that was poorly handled.

Maybe I’m a fool but I buy Shannon.  I do not think she’s crazy and I think she’s going through a really tough time and being honest about it. And I wasn’t born with a silver spoon nor have I been divorced (or even married!) yet I oddly relate to her. How’s that for fucked up?

I hate Tamra so much. And I’d like to thank my employer for letting me work from home when I want to as well as Bravo rerunning old eps to reinforce that. Gah she’s a vile bitch. 

What’s kind of funny. When I saw the previews where Tamra takes Gina down I did an audible “oh hell yes”. So I acknowledge she’s a snake but like when her victims are on my shit list. 

I like Emily. A lot. I want the kid to stick around. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

What’s kind of funny. When I saw the previews where Tamra takes Gina down I did an audible “oh hell yes”. So I acknowledge she’s a snake but like when her victims are on my shit list

Perhaps it was a typo but the preview looks like Gina is going to take Tamra down.  And with that I'm "oh hell yes" as well.  I think Emily foreshadowed it this week when Tams said one thing about Shannon two months ago (Shannon not asking about Eddie) and Emily said (in a TH?) that Tamra has been saying A LOT of bad things about Shannon.  Popcorn time, please?

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, albarino said:

Perhaps it was a typo but the preview looks like Gina is going to take Tamra down.  And with that I'm "oh hell yes" as well.  I think Emily foreshadowed it this week when Tams said one thing about Shannon two months ago (Shannon not asking about Eddie) and Emily said (in a TH?) that Tamra has been saying A LOT of bad things about Shannon.  Popcorn time, please?

It was not a typo.  Maybe  a Bravo lead in they’ll act like Gina wins but mark my words, whether the generall  public (like you and me) agree or not - Tamra will always win.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

It was not a typo.  Maybe  a Bravo lead in they’ll act like Gina wins but mark my words, whether the generall  public (like you and me) agree or not - Tamra will always win.

I hate that you may be right on this. Is there no one to destroy the vile witch?? Where is a house when you need one? When will we be liberated from Tamra’s oppression and finally have peace in the kingdom?

• Love 11

I loathe Tamra, too, but I'm rooting for her in this fight with Gina, who I think is a real viper. She started that whole fight at dinner that led to Shannon taking a break by repeating what Tamra said about Shannon and the Eddie situation. The day when they were all at the beach, she and Emily hightailed it into the ocean to find out what Shannon and Tamra had discussed. This whole why won't you be my friend thing also bugs the hell out of me. I applaud Shannon for not being fake, even if she is being annoying with the self-pity. And, I FUCKING HATED how they were all trying to diagnose her. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I loathe Tamra, too, but I'm rooting for her in this fight with Gina, who I think is a real viper. She started that whole fight at dinner that led to Shannon taking a break by repeating what Tamra said about Shannon and the Eddie situation.

Gina bringing that up was a complete Tamra manipulation. Tamra wanted someone else to call Shannon a bad friend so that she could keep her hands clean while playing the victim. And I think it is only fitting that Gina is the one to call out all of the shit talking that Tamra has been doing about Shannon. 

• Love 9
On 10/29/2018 at 9:15 PM, Emmeline said:

Oh my god!  How can Shannon say she has been nothing but fun on the trip?

I just also have to add that Shannon’s attitude toward therapy and/or psychiatry certainly further impacts the negative stigma against people with mental illness.  If anyone could use help, it’s her.  Her depression may be situational but it’s very real.

Shannon's too wrapped up in all that alternative "medicine" BS...she seems to eschew traditional medicine in favor of Dr. Moon's herbal treatments. If anyone could use regular visits to a therapist and an RX for Prozac, it's her. I feel sorry for her daughters who are being raised in all this emotional chaos and turmoil. It is unfair to them that they are forced to live with someone who is clearly unbalanced. Her mood swings are out of control at this point and she is unhappy. There is no shame in getting psychological help during a turbulent time in one's life. If it is deemed medically advisable for her to take an SSRI to help with the mood swings and depression then do it! This is 2018 not 1948 when these kinds of meds were not available and someone like her with her problems might very well have been thrown into an asylum. She needs to listen to her friends and put her prejudice against mental health help aside and think of her children and her own well being.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Thumper said:

Yeah, I think I would have wanted to hide out from that crew if I were Shannon, too.  But she could have texted that she was okay, because I understand they were worried.   

I agree. A simple text wouldn't kill her. I generally like Shannon, but I felt her refusal to answer was intentionally manipulative. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. A simple text wouldn't kill her. I generally like Shannon, but I felt her refusal to answer was intentionally manipulative. 

All of that angst is producer manipulated BS, I think, because those women knew damn well that she was okay because someone from the crew would have checked on her to make sure and if they couldn't find her or found her in some terrible state they would have let them know. 

Also, I doubt that Shannon is falling apart on the regular in front of her children. They seem to have a very strong bond with and actually like her her and feel comfortable enough to tease her. 

• Love 20

So did Kelly not think that swimsuit would be an issue while climbing slippery rocks or did just not care? lol

Is that beer they're drinking in those bottles? It really gets me because I keep thinking it looks like they're all swigging cough syrup, lol. 

Shannon can hide away from the women all she wants, but when she's getting a barrage of texts and calls simply asking if she's okay, alive or in good health, the decent thing to do as a human being who has travelled to a foreign country with these women is to simply respond with a text acknowledging that you're okay and want to be left alone. I don't know if Shannon barred communication with production as well but I would have asked production to check on her and once I found out she was okay, I would have left a nice voice message cussing her out for her petty teenage antics. But I will be fair to Shannon in saying that even though I find there to be some truth to what the women are saying (and that truth may be completely influenced by the messiness of her divorce), I can certainly understand why Shannon would feel so hurt by the women and not want to spend time with them. Though I think Vicki is the only one that genuinely looked stressed and worried for Shannon. 

And more kudos to Shannon - she redeemed herself as an adult with the way she handled herself at dinner. 

Oh Kelly and her comic relief...drinking the salad dressing, LOL.

Tamra totally glossed over the things she said about Shannon and made it seem like she only inferred or straight out said shit about Shannon only before they talked it out. She was making comments on the trip before the big blowout. I think Gina and Emily genuinely want to make a friendship connection with Shannon and this trip has given Gina hope that she and Shannon can get along well. I'm assuming that will motivate her to tell Shannon about all of the shit Tamra has said about her and I don't feel bad for Tamra for it. Tamra had a chance to own up to when she had that talk with Shannon but she was deceitful about the extent of her bitch talking behind Shannon's back. Whether she thinks Gina's only trying to cause trouble it shouldn't matter - Tamra said a lot of things about her 'best friend' behind her back and no matter how angry she gets at Gina for spilling the beans, it still looks worse on her for what she's said. Still have to see how it shakes it out but I can't imagine I'll be siding with Tamra next week.

• Love 8
On 10/31/2018 at 10:03 AM, lezlers said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Shannon's recent slim down coincided with her stopping drinking.   It's hard to stay thin when you're boozing day and night.

There IS a certain irony in someone who strives to be as healthy as they can with herbal supplements, a homeopathic "doctor" ect, yet is slowly pickling their own organs. 

Funny you should mention this.  My sister takes about 100 vitamins a day. (Not kidding).  She has one for every part of her body.  I’m surprised she doesn’t choke when she throws them down as they are so big.  She’s also heavily into astrology and fortune tellers.  I guess you could say she’s sort of like Shannon, except she doesn’t have money like Shannon does.  Actually, she loves thrift shops frequently.  We don’t see eye to eye.  She lives in another state and isn’t into blogging, thank goodness, so I’m safe, lol.  But I still love her of course.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

Shannon's too wrapped up in all that alternative "medicine" BS...she seems to eschew traditional medicine in favor of Dr. Moon's herbal treatments. If anyone could use regular visits to a therapist and an RX for Prozac, it's her. I feel sorry for her daughters who are being raised in all this emotional chaos and turmoil. It is unfair to them that they are forced to live with someone who is clearly unbalanced. Her mood swings are out of control at this point and she is unhappy. There is no shame in getting psychological help during a turbulent time in one's life. If it is deemed medically advisable for her to take an SSRI to help with the mood swings and depression then do it! This is 2018 not 1948 when these kinds of meds were not available and someone like her with her problems might very well have been thrown into an asylum. She needs to listen to her friends and put her prejudice against mental health help aside and think of her children and her own well being.

Dr. Moon knows what she is going through and continues to treat her his way, and she’s not getting better.  She’s worse.  Someone has to sit her down and explain that she has to see an internist and therapist.  She’s a smart woman and I don’t understand why she won’t give them a try.  She is just stubborn and won’t listen to anyone.  Bet David tried through the course of their marriage.  I wonder if her gyno gave her solutions, if she even told him about her troubles.

• Love 3

Shannon won't believe she's damaging her liver with alcohol.  Dr Moon is busy telling her that she stores her anger in her liver and he helps her "clear it out" So, as long as she goes back to him, there's no worries about alcohol and her liver, it's all good, it's just the anger that David is causing because of the divorce.  And Dr Moon will clear it out and Shannon can go out and have nothing but FUN! Wash, rinse, repeat! 

Somehow, though, half of a peach will get lodged in her colon and it will require an enema 30 mins after she eats it.  God help any new man she dates, I hope he's prepared for that spelunking.

• Love 8

I know this has been said a million times, but I need to get it out. They all annoyed me so much. Grown women, and they haven't learned the art of being socially polite?

Gina and Emily - I think we ALL agree that friendship isn't created because you say "I want to be your work friend." Now, could Shannon be a little better to you both? Absolutely! But what have you both done as well? I don't see you inviting her to one on one time, or treating her out. If creating this friendship mattered so much to you, then why not take her out to celebrate her QVC victory or some other positive? But so many of your interactions with her have also been negative, and constantly calling her out is not exactly endearing you both to her.

I am not defending Shannon. These things just go both ways. It is easy to complain, and not so easy to hold yourself to a higher standard.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, politichick said:

All of that angst is producer manipulated BS, I think, because those women knew damn well that she was okay because someone from the crew would have checked on her to make sure and if they couldn't find her or found her in some terrible state they would have let them know. 

7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Shannon can hide away from the women all she wants, but when she's getting a barrage of texts and calls simply asking if she's okay, alive or in good health, the decent thing to do as a human being who has travelled to a foreign country with these women is to simply respond with a text acknowledging that you're okay and want to be left alone. I don't know if Shannon barred communication with production as well but I would have asked production to check on her and once I found out she was okay, I would have left a nice voice message cussing her out for her petty teenage antics. But I will be fair to Shannon in saying that even though I find there to be some truth to what the women are saying (and that truth may be completely influenced by the messiness of her divorce), I can certainly understand why Shannon would feel so hurt by the women and not want to spend time with them. Though I think Vicki is the only one that genuinely looked stressed and worried for Shannon. 

I'm glad a couple of people and others commented on Shannon being on radio silence.  The producers have to know she hasn't flown back to the USA, and have even moved her to a new Villa.  I don't know reality tv enough but I would think some scuttlebut among the production crew could be overheard at least, if not outright declarations that "Shannon is ok and being moved."

Assuming they could guess she didn't fly away, wasn't hospitalized etc, I can see where Kelly would think Shannon had been rude not to communicate sooner.  SB could have sent a txt out saying "I'm okay, Leave me alone, go have fun"  and did not.  She, like someone was saying, was manipulative, in part, I think to skewer them some and turn the knife.

Now should Kelly should have immediately jumped on Shannon when she arrived at the table?  If I am assuming Shannon was a fragile mess, then no, but maybe Kelly thinks SB is made of sterner stuff and wuold be expected to behave better.  Hey, she went to Cotillion after all!

• Love 3

When Shannon addressed Gina at the dinner table, Shannon tells Gina that it's hard to hear of Gina's "great" divorce where she's still attracted to her husband and still her best friend, because that's what she wanted.

But I look at it like this.  Shannon is the one who filed for divorce.  She has said it was the only way (forward), but she didn't want to do it.

But Shannon is in denial about her role, and also poorly calculated her outcomes, essentially she lied to herself.

She filed and she had no idea what she would get.  Her calculation for a perfect and easy divorce (if it's true she thought she had even a slight chance for that) were surely missing the mark. I think she just couldn't admit to herself when she filed that things would be worse than if she stayed separated for a couple years or whatever.   I guess we can ask ARE they worse?  She certainly makes a big deal about what's on her plate.  I just think she has a hard time accepting her failure in this important life area.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

But I look at it like this.  Shannon is the one who filed for divorce.  She has said it was the only way (forward), but she didn't want to do it.

Well, IMHO, Shannon needed to get out of infidelity and she filed divorce to accomplish that. Do I think she wanted to end her marriage? No. YMMV.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, MajorNelson said:

She filed and she had no idea what she would get.

Yep, she had no idea David would find a younger chick, get a heart tattooed on his finger and brag about his new happy life on IG, while Shannon tried to find her equilibrium (not even sure that is possible.) We, as viewers, met David. He was less than desirable. We have never met Gina’s husband and maybe they’ll have a wonderful divorce with no drama. Grand in fact, as divorces go; an example of all divorces to come. I doubt it. 

• Love 10

She filed and gave David official formal permission to move on.

So he is at least semi-desirable to some, and he did.

Eta: I would guess that when Shannon says Gina's happy go lucky happy divorce talk gets at her, that that is not the real truth.  Really, Shannon fooled herself and can't quite come to grips with it.  Maybe she fooled herself for years; some part of her self-image is in danger. jmo.  I'm not saying David is a saint.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2

Shannon got pissed and went radio silent, which was rude as Kelly said.  All she had to do was reply to ONE text with "I'm fine, need space, will talk later."  Done.  But, nope, she let them all dangle and effectively, that makes the day about Shannon, just like the previously night had been all about Shannon.  This is really the heart of the issue, her drama takes over everything.  

Then she finally comes back to the group and she tells Gina that it's hard for her to be friends with Gina because it's too hard for Shannon to hear about Gina's divorce?  Way to make it about yourself again Shannon.  Gina is having the divorce Shannon was supposed to have! Shannon is having a bad divorce! There's too much on Shannon's plate! How could she be expected to make friends?

• Love 6
On 10/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, Natalie68 said:

I hope he does refuse.  Being sad about your childhood is not a good reason to bring another child into the world.  They have quite a few children as it is.  

The thing is, her daughter has a half sister already. If she were to have another baby, the age difference would preclude the girls from being as close as Emily and her sister were in childhood. 

• Love 4

I've been divorced twice (yes, twice), and both were as easy as Gina's.  Yes, IRL, divorces can be as easy as realityTV divorces.

In both cases, we used no lawyers.  Yes, there was money to split, a home owned, etc.  We simply sat down like adults and agreed upon the financial aspects, and in both cases, divorced on friendly terms.  We simply chose to make it easy on ourselves.  We went to court together, handed the judge the paperwork, and drove away in our separate cars after hugging and wishing each other the best.

So yes, it's possible.

• Love 11

I'm trying to imagine the easy drama-free divorce for Shannon.  I just don't see it unless there is an alternate universe where he is easy with the money, easy with kids' duties, says he still loves her but it's all his fault, and of course does not get a girlfriend for 2-3 years.  I think she wanted the drama.

Just to mention one area...he has complained in court there are times his kids refuse to visit him or instead just give him the silent treatment.  Seems this could be due to 1)her influence on them, 2) their own opinion on his affairs, 3) seeing him get a new girlfriend.  How did Shannon foresee making these bad relations not happen, and what steps did she take to make things as good as she could between the daughters and their father?  Did she, ahem, allow some of this situation to develop or fester because it justifies getting to have a pity party?  In that case, when she says she is in the middle of a nasty divorce, maybe she got what she wanted.  And by this it also serves her as she'll make David pay (or payback) by making everyone miserable.

• Love 3

Shannon and David weren’t amicable partners during their marriage, so it is completely unrealistic to expect an amicable divorce. They never appeared to even like each other very much in the best of times. 

A difficult childhood may not be the best reason for Emily to want to have another baby, but our childhoods do shape who we become as adults. I was an only child, and even though I wasn’t lonely per se, I longed for a home life with lots of kids and activity. Having four kids of my own filled those yearnings, and providing my kids with a life like I longed for has been the joy of my life. 

• Love 12
On 10/31/2018 at 7:13 PM, KnoxForPres said:

What bothered me the most this episode is Kelly berating Shannon when they sat down to dinner. The hell?  And I’ve really grown to like Kelly but that was poorly handled.

Maybe I’m a fool but I buy Shannon.  I do not think she’s crazy and I think she’s going through a really tough time and being honest about it. And I wasn’t born with a silver spoon nor have I been divorced (or even married!) yet I oddly relate to her. How’s that for fucked up?

I hate Tamra so much. And I’d like to thank my employer for letting me work from home when I want to as well as Bravo rerunning old eps to reinforce that. Gah she’s a vile bitch. 

What’s kind of funny. When I saw the previews where Tamra takes Gina down I did an audible “oh hell yes”. So I acknowledge she’s a snake but like when her victims are on my shit list. 

I like Emily. A lot. I want the kid to stick around. 

I'm with you on all.  Kelly has grown on me too but the dinner scene was a little much.  I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Shannon.  I feel like we have seen what is essentially a battered woman during her time on the show.  I feel like she's got some mental health issues for sure but that her husband probably gaslighted her for many years.  I would not be surprised if there was physical abuse and it was her that was the abuser, but I would be willing to bet she has been emotionally abused by him for a number of years.  He's probably had multiple affairs over their marriage making her feel worthless.  The language in his texts really shows you the person he is.  Silver spoon or not, the pain of losing someone you loved is still intense.

On Gina, I can't stand her.  I find her to be one of the phoniest that they've had and there's really nothing interesting about her.   Her LI accent isn't some exotic thing.  What about her is really interesting other than going through a divorce that she's trying to convince us was a mutual decision?  Her voice, her face, her nails, are all like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I was irritated by Emily with her "I'm a lawyer" thing early on but she seems like a very empathetic person with a pretty good sense of humor.  I think she could've done tons better than that husband of hers, but maybe there's more to him than it appears. I love the relationship she has with her mother-in-law.

Tamra is a snake, but for some reason, I don't have the hate that others have for her.  I think she plays her role well and is probably a much more fun person and maybe a nicer person to hang out with in real life.

4 hours ago, Sterling said:

I've been divorced twice (yes, twice), and both were as easy as Gina's.  Yes, IRL, divorces can be as easy as realityTV divorces.

In both cases, we used no lawyers.  Yes, there was money to split, a home owned, etc.  We simply sat down like adults and agreed upon the financial aspects, and in both cases, divorced on friendly terms.  We simply chose to make it easy on ourselves.  We went to court together, handed the judge the paperwork, and drove away in our separate cars after hugging and wishing each other the best.

So yes, it's possible.

I believe that it can be easy.  I don't believe, however, that Gina's will be particularly since her husband already set up shop elsewhere and essentially ditched his family under the guise of work.  That seems like a snake move to me.  I believe she will capitulate to his demands and get fucked in the divorce.  And she doesn't strike me as smart enough to know she just got fucked because she refuses to take the advice of people that have gone through it (well, at least what we see on screen).

I do give her credit for not trashing him publicly.  The divorce will be much easier for the kids with two parents that aren't going at it in the media.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17
21 hours ago, politichick said:

Yes, I'm sure if something terrible had happened they'd have found out. Which is why I wasn't a big fan of Kelly coming down so hard on her at dinner. But I still posit that her friends could have been worried about her, worried about her mental state. It's very rude not to reply to a text when you're perfectly capable of doing so and you know people are concerned about you. All she had to do was say, "I'm fine, but I need some time to myself. I'll let you know when I'm up for rejoining the group". 

No doubt all the women could have asked producers where Shannon was if they were truly concerned about her. However,it was rude and thoughtless for Shannon to ignore their texts and phone calls. I think she was super embarrassed, humiliated and pissed. Even after they all cleared the air and made up I bet Shannon vowed to herself to never forget how they treated her. Tough love is difficult to listen to. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Impalace said:

The thing is, her daughter has a half sister already. If she were to have another baby, the age difference would preclude the girls from being as close as Emily and her sister were in childhood. 

Exactly!  I have a sister 8 years older than me and we weren't close until we were adults.  Too large of an age difference as kids.  What 16 year old wants to hang with an 8 year old?

• Love 4
23 hours ago, smores said:

Shannon won't believe she's damaging her liver with alcohol.  Dr Moon is busy telling her that she stores her anger in her liver and he helps her "clear it out" So, as long as she goes back to him, there's no worries about alcohol and her liver, it's all good, it's just the anger that David is causing because of the divorce.  And Dr Moon will clear it out and Shannon can go out and have nothing but FUN! Wash, rinse, repeat! 

Somehow, though, half of a peach will get lodged in her colon and it will require an enema 30 mins after she eats it.  God help any new man she dates, I hope he's prepared for that spelunking.

I think it was a tangerine or something but def citrus.  I thought it was BS at first what she said.  She ate this citrus thing and got all bloated.  This actually happened to me about a year ago (maybe a bit less).  I ate 2 tangerines on an empty stomach and got hugely bloated and it seemed like I could watch my stomach grow it was happening so quickly.  Followed by the WORST pain imaginable for most of the night.  I have had my gallbladder out and since then I have learned some foods I cannot handle on an empty stomach and its trial and error.  At first I thought it was just yogurt but no, it is apparently also citrus.  So I wondered after my little incident if Shannon has had her gallbladder out.  I honestly thought it was stupid when she said it until it happened to me.  I did not have a Dr. Moon self colonic kit and Mr. Natalie did not have to go spelunking.  I am sure he would have had I needed it but THANK GOD it never was an issue.  Talk about an unfortunate incident.  

• Love 6

I'm gonna say this at the top, so no one gets me wrong: Nothing I have to say about Emily's body takes away from the fact that I think it's refreshing as hell to see a woman on a television show who is not Bethenny Frankel-thin, nor Shannon Beador-neurotic, rocking a bathing suit and waving her hands in the air like she just don't care. Celebrate your body--get it girl!! But I just don't think she has a good body. Some good parts, like long legs? Yes. But a good body? I'm not going to conflate a high opinion of one's self and confidence with a good body. That's like saying a C-student is smart, just because they hang their test on the refrigerator. Life doesn't work that way. If it did, no one would have to hit a gym or crack a book. We could all just smile about our "achievements." I wish!

Speaking technically, I put very little credence in the pic of Em in the black bikini. On a two-dimensional plane, the person standing in the back of the photo is naturally going to look smaller to our three-dimensional visual cortexes. The bikini bottom is cut to forgive the flab above and below its lines. Anyone can pose and get the right shadows and lighting to look good.

Case in point: over the Fourth of July, Gretchen Rossi posted pics of herself in a bikini, after she gained 10 lbs doing IVF, and Gretchen reported, tongue-in-cheek, that it took "920,000" pictures and "900" different angles to find some pics that she was happy enough to post. I admire her honesty greatly. So please forgive me if I don't put much credence into a posed pic. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/lookbook/gretchen-rossi-poses-in-bikini-shares-fitness-routine On her worst day, and undergoing hormone treatments, Gretchen has a better body than Emily by a wide margin. IMO. 

Aesthetics is something I'm really drawn to in real life. It's what I talk about in real life. If anyone holds the opinion that I'm putting too fine of a point on this, that's fine. It's just an aspect of the show that I like to discuss, and I have no plans to abandon discussing what I want to discuss as long as it's on-topic. Maybe I have just watched too much America's Next Top Model growing up, and have seen too many plus-sized models with bodies that scream "va-va-voom!" to get excited about this:

F2DE576E-AA0C-4999-9010-61BF0ABC1364-3185-0000031276E27948.thumb.jpeg.0db4f0ef015c3c47671c97239d38c52e.jpeg

Yeah...call me crazy, but I'm not seeing anything to aspire to with regard to the one in the middle there, unless you're pregnant. She actually looks like a maternity model there. The pose is fabulous. Vicki, on the left, looks like she's in significantly better shape to me there though. She's dressing for, not against, her body. 

I don't think Emily is fat. I just think she presents as a large woman with wide shoulders (and not in a Meghan King Edmonds or Luann DeLesseps kind of way), chunky arms, no discernible neckline, a double-chin, no discernible waistline, and she doesn't appear to be especially toned. I don't see what is impressive about her body enough for multiple people to comment on it, like "wow!" To take "real women" examples, I think the entire cast of last season's Real Housewives of Atlanta has a better body than Emily. And none of them are "skinny." And no one is raising the roof over their bodies. So I don't get it.

Maybe Emily is like that Yanni/Laurel thing where some see it and some don't. I just think that some people are so happy that she's embracing her imperfect body that they're calling the body great, when it's really the sentiment of an imperfect woman embracing her body that's great.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

... chunky arms, no discernible neckline, a double-chin, no discernible waistline, and she doesn't appear to be especially toned.

Wha'?

cute-puppies-19.gif

• Love 8
On 11/1/2018 at 8:14 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

Maybe it's because I'm so ill right now, but I'm so incredibly tired of these women. I want to smack them all upside their botoxed, overly coiffed heads. I have not an atom of patience for any of them.

I think we all feel the same about them from time to time.  A person really has to be in the mood for them.  I hope it’s nothing serious with you.  Xo

16 hours ago, SCS said:

Wha'?

cute-puppies-19.gif

It’s Super Doogie.

• Love 5

Every year there is one housewife that producers will make crazy or have a major problem. Last year, it was nutso Kelly.  This season, it’s Shannon.  They all get a turn.

Call me crazy also, but I really think Emily loves that little twerp of a husband.  Except for the “another baby drama”, I think they will make it.  So he’s sarcastic.  That’s his schtick.  She doesn’t seem to mind.  Maybe he’s a dynamo in bed. Lol.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:18 PM, Natalie68 said:

Exactly!  I have a sister 8 years older than me and we weren't close until we were adults.  Too large of an age difference as kids.  What 16 year old wants to hang with an 8 year old?

Me too.  My sister was 8 when I was born.  She wanted nothing to do with me except scratch me up and pull my hair.  We got closer when we both were married.  My cousin around my corner grew me up,and was more of a sister until this day.  Emily should not count on that.  Some sisters do not get along at all.

• Love 4
On 10/30/2018 at 5:33 PM, MajorNelson said:

Great point.  Something is fishy, but I'd hate it to be regret over sons.  Maybe she, the "smart" lawyer, didn't think things through.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, connieinnc said:

If they do like was done with my family members, more than one embryo was implanted, to increase the chance of one 'taking'. It is common for a partial miscarriage to occur.

Didn't Megan do the same? I just think that if Emily truly wanted 2 girls, she would have had her sister implanted with one boy/one girl or 2 girls for the second surrogacy. As an "event planner" this was poor planning. I also don't understand why she doesn't think Anabelle and her brothers could have a strong bond.

Seeing the upcoming clip of Shane, he seems to be staying firm in the no more kids zone.

• Love 8
On 10/30/2018 at 6:00 PM, dosodog said:

Based on the previews, I might be singing the praises of Gina next week.  It looks like she calls Tamra out for continuing to talk about Shannon being a bad friend, but not actually admitting it to Shannon when called out on it.

And then Tamra hulks out into Tami Sue and turns it back on Gina about how she couldn't wait to run to her new bestie Shannon with that info.

I'm?  Kind of looking forward to that in a "two snakes fighting" kind of way.  I'm rooting for both to lose!  Hee!

Actually I'm hoping that Gina Rikki Tikki Tavi's Tamra's viper ass.

• Love 12
On 10/31/2018 at 10:38 AM, dosodog said:

I came away from my Martha Brae rafting trip believing that murky water is the norm. And then my fellow poster, who also did the raft trip, said the water is clear and blue.

Which made me smack my forehead because.  Science!   We camp near rivers up here in the Pacific NW.  So of course I've seen normally clear rivers be muddy after several days of rainfall and then clear back up again.

Also because of the Bob Marley pina colada.....Back on the cruise ship, some of my fellow passengers and I were treated to hearing a woman complain about the excursion she chose for her family.  She took them on a Bob Marley tour. Where he was born, grew up, influences on his life, etc.

Her complaint?  Too many references to pot, too much talk of pot and (clutches pearls) she actually SMELLED pot being smoked.

We tried to contain our laughter AT her.  We failed. Epically.

I wish the ladies had done the Bob Marley tour.

No Archie this episode.

Hope you all had a happy Halloween

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKFO-RzjLt0RiqZ6RzL

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Just for giggles

I'd love to have a lttle doggie delver my catfood - one can at a time, and see an Iditerod team-in-trainng delivering the bags of dry food and kitty litter.  :-)

That's what I'd do with excess Bravo buck$.  (After  saved all the animals with my lottery winnings, of course!).

• Love 9
5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't Megan do the same? I just think that if Emily truly wanted 2 girls, she would have had her sister implanted with one boy/one girl or 2 girls for the second surrogacy. As an "event planner" this was poor planning. I also don't understand why she doesn't think Anabelle and her brothers could have a strong bond.

Seeing the upcoming clip of Shane, he seems to be staying firm in the no more kids zone.

Great point(s).  From this episode Emily has some deep issues over Mommy and sisterhood.  I'm not sure she can solve them with another sister for ___.  Even though not a genetic sister, there are step sisters which she seems to ignore (as 'sisters').  But IF she thinks the current bio daughter needs a sister as a possible future surrogate, I think THAT is way-out-there thinking that is colored by her upbringing's emotional issues.

• Love 3
On 11/1/2018 at 6:26 AM, VedaPierce said:

I hate that you may be right on this. Is there no one to destroy the vile witch?? Where is a house when you need one? When will we be liberated from Tamra’s oppression and finally have peace in the kingdom?

I have faith that it will happen. And I'm placing my bet on Kelly Dodd to take down the vile witch Tamra. It might take one more season but it will happen. And it's going to be some f'n awesome reality TV! 

• Love 6
On 11/1/2018 at 11:35 PM, MajorNelson said:

She filed and gave David official formal permission to move on.

So he is at least semi-desirable to some, and he did.

Eta: I would guess that when Shannon says Gina's happy go lucky happy divorce talk gets at her, that that is not the real truth.  Really, Shannon fooled herself and can't quite come to grips with it.  Maybe she fooled herself for years; some part of her self-image is in danger. jmo.  I'm not saying David is a saint.

I don’t think Shannon filing for divorce gave David permission to move on. Hell no...  He chose to do this all on his own WHILE he was still married. 

• Love 15

The reason why I think Gina is gross for telling Shannon everything Tamra said about her is because she (Gina) was loving it while things were still contentious with Shannon. She was lapping up every criticism Tamra had to offer and thought nothing of using it as leverage against Shannon in their argument. But now that she and Shannon are brokering a truce, she is going to turn around and expose Tamra for talking shit? Maybe if we had seen Gina uncomfortable with Tamra's shit-talking in the moment, it would be one thing, but to go from co-signing it to ratting it out seems pretty disingenuous IMO. I have to agree with those who think Gina is a shit-stirrer and a snake in the grass. I think she does also have a sweet side, but there is something off about her.

• Love 10