Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: The Day After

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Vicki says at 56 she can't twerk anymore...I could've sworn she just turned 60...

60 years old at least.  That black lace see- thru get- up twerking outfit was ridiculous.  She looked like a hag.  And I love how she keeps saying how much she loves everyone of the others.  They probably don’t even talk off set.

• Love 5

The best thing I saw all night was Shannon eating egg whites for breakfast.  Then, she drinks about ten vodka drinks during the day and night.  Nice going Shannon with the calories, hahahaha.

• Love 10

There’s no way Shannon is just eating egg whites and soup etc. shown at these dinners or she would not have that much weight left to lose. 

Shannon will use enemas to poop, and use other untested Dr. Moon treatments but balks at antidepressants? She’s been depressed for as long as she’s been on this show at least.  She is a real pill but needs to be taking them instead. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Vickie's going to break a hip

I thought for sure we would see another ambulance and hospital scene as usual when they go on vacation with the usual rag over her head.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Irritable said:

Tamra is horrible.

Twerking is bad enough when young fit women are doing it right. Just stop.

The only ones who made the trip all about Shannon were the ones talking nonstop about Shannon. She even hid for a full day and they still bitched. I am so overdone with Gina and Emily. Can we put them on a small boat with Tamra and just send them out to sea?

Why don’t I have anything bad to say about Vicki from this episode? This concerns me deeply. 

Can we set it on fire?

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

There’s no way Shannon is just eating egg whites and soup etc. shown at these dinners or she would not have that much weight left to lose. 

Shannon will use enemas to poop, and use other untested Dr. Moon treatments but balks at antidepressants? She’s been depressed for as long as she’s been on this show at least.  She is a real pill but needs to be taking them instead. 

How about not drinking a bottle of Vodka a day?   That might cure all her ailments.  I think she’s an alcoholic.  A secret one at that.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Well, why would she take a pill to help herself?  Then she couldn’t complain to everyone and get attention.  She doesn’t want pills as it’s not natural, but did she ever think liquor might kill her liver?  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

Did Tamra demonstrate a version of love that wasn’t tough and I missed it?

Tamra was all over the map this episode, holding firm, giving in, being "tough," wanting an apology, and finally...whenever she gave advice, whatever it was, I could not imagine it having ANY value.

Seems like the few times she said she was "done" putting up with Shannon, she immediately gave in in the other direction.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 5

Not super important, but why did Kelly move from the youngsters' quarters to the oldsters?

And for whatever reason, Gina and Emily (in addition to the above) spent a lot of time alone together.  All I could gather was it seemed like they wanted to avoid the insanity.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Not super important, but why did Kelly move from the youngsters' quarters to the oldsters?

Kelly's has learned to go with the drama. From what I can work out, they were given the option of another villa with A/C. Shannon found her own villa, so my guess was that Kelly inserted herself as the new Tres Amiga. I don't even recall if Emily and Gina moved also? Having a ways to go until menopause, they may have been able to cope with the heat and humidity with just ceiling fans. I'm with Shannon on this one. After a couple of days in those conditions, in that company and with hormone levels plummeting, I'd be in a cool dark room alone with a large vodka too.  Just 'come and get me for dinner'!

• Love 20

There have been lots of comments on this season's Below Deck about the state of Kate and Caroline's hair. We are seeing the same thing in Jamaica with these women. It can't be understated what a toll really high humidity takes on women going into menopause and anyone that has to maintain a 'professional' well manicured appearance. It's hideous. Everything sticks to you, you are sweating from every crack and crevice plus your head (unless, like Vicki, you've had so much botox and fillers that sweat no longer cools your skin) and there is NO WAY your hair is going to behave as it does at home. This is all fine if you are REALLY going on vacation and can just slap a hat and a coverup on. But these women have their images blasted all over the world to a highly refined and critical audience (us!), so I get the stress levels and the insanity that follows. The original Tres Amigas all complained about it last episode. It's crazy making. And I absolutely believe that this was engineered by production. Any woman my age that I know would have turned on her heel in these conditions. Try that with the NYC or BH hos, production, see what happens...

• Love 21
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Kelly's has learned to go with the drama. From what I can work out, they were given the option of another villa with A/C. Shannon found her own villa, so my guess was that Kelly inserted herself as the new Tres Amiga. I don't even recall if Emily and Gina moved also? Having a ways to go until menopause, they may have been able to cope with the heat and humidity with just ceiling fans.

@queenjen

I think Gina and Emily did move, and when Tamra and Shannon talked, Kelly visited briefly at then youngsters' villa.

So a total of 3 Villas, as I saw it.

I can't comment on the menopause part so I'll just accept it.  But it also means production was mighty clever making the ladies bubble and boil and possibly explode.  I think all-about-me Shannon was due nonetheless.

• Love 2

Tamra is playing a game where she keeps everyone on edge.  She wears them down, tosses them aside, and then swoops in and refriends them.  She’ll never not do this, and the Ick, Shannon, and Kelly will always fall for it.  The only person who had the balls to try to oppose her was Heather, and the best thing she could accomplish was a draw on Tamra’s terms.

Gina and Emily don’t have a snowballs chance in hell.  She already got them twisted.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Have to admit the world’s worst apologies start with, “I’m sorry you feel that way”and end with “ that was never my intention..”. How did this whole apology become about Shannon’s feelings?

Yes to this. I was thinking the exact same thing.  It isn't an apology at all.  She's not apologizing for what she said.  She's doubling down on it.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Yes to this. I was thinking the exact same thing.  It isn't an apology at all.  She's not apologizing for what she said.  She's doubling down on it.  

I always think “I apologise” is not a true apology. It’s not the same as saying “I’m sorry”. It’s a head based apology not a feeling based apology. It is too formal and not based in the true feelings of remorse. I did note that Shannon did actually say “I’m sorry” when she and Tamra hugged after their chat....that’s when she allowed her emotions into her apology.

• Love 10

It amused me that dinner at the resort on the beach was set far, far away from anyone else (and thus sparing the ears of other guests) but it was the quietest dinner of the trip.  Then the last dinner was in the most crowded dinner place, and they were the most obnoxious.  Those poor diners subjected to a bunch of incompetent "twerking"....though I'm pretty sure it violates some kind of law to actually call that movement twerking.

All the drinking of hard liquor in the hot sun gives me a stomach ache just watching.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, la patineuse said:

For not wanting to talk about Shannon anymore, these women, except Vicki (surprisingly!), sure spent a whole lot of time talking about Shannon.

And, yes Tamra, you are a shit stirrer.  Tamra, Kelly and Gina are all shit stirrers.

And based on the previews, that Gina is a real snake in the grass. I do not like her at all and her accent is the pits!

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Irritable said:

Tamra is horrible.

Twerking is bad enough when young fit women are doing it right. Just stop.

The only ones who made the trip all about Shannon were the ones talking nonstop about Shannon. She even hid for a full day and they still bitched. I am so overdone with Gina and Emily. Can we put them on a small boat with Tamra and just send them out to sea?

Why don’t I have anything bad to say about Vicki from this episode? This concerns me deeply. 

Vickie’s man, Steve probably told her to zip it.  He might be running for some political stuff ?  He doesn’t want to be associated with a floozy, maybe?

• Love 5

Tamra is rock hard.  Inside and out.  I do not like her one bit.  I'd be checking for knives in my back all the time.

And I agree with whoever pointed out that without this Shannon drama there'd be no drama at all.  The Jamaica trip is a bit of a bore so far.  It really does seem like production is working hard to manufacture the drama.  They should just let it happen naturally.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I always think “I apologise” is not a true apology. It’s not the same as saying “I’m sorry”. It’s a head based apology not a feeling based apology. It is too formal and not based in the true feelings of remorse. I did note that Shannon did actually say “I’m sorry” when she and Tamra hugged after their chat....that’s when she allowed her emotions into her apology.

Shannon is a smart woman.  Why she befriended Tamra is a mystery.  Maybe she was told to by production.  I just can’t see those two to be good friends in the first place.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

This point is subjective. In my mind "I'm sorry." is what you were forced to say when you stole a toy from another kid. "I apologize..." sound more reasoned and considered which is maybe why it works better for me. Both must be followed by the statement of what statement or action the person regrets. But, I don't find "I apologize" to be too formal. 

I want to add that I do think that when Gina realized the impact of Emily's emotions at hearing her speak with her mother, that "I'm sorry." was absolutely genuine and not the sort from preschool playground. That was the one moment I actually liked Gina.

Edited by red12
  • Love 13

I keep expecting Tamra’s face to shift and reveal a gargoyle underneath like in the movie Devil’s Advocate. She really seems to have sold her soul to the “Devil”. 

Shannon had a hard lesson to learn. Sometimes the medicine is bitter going down, but is necessary. Everyone can be sympathetic to a woman going through a messy divorce, but enough is enough. Shannon has her health, her daughters and more than enough wealth to live a very comfortable life. 

I am enjoying Kelly, Gina, and Emily so much this season. Emily touched my heart when she became emotional and spoke of her sad childhood. Betcha she changes Shane’s mind about having another daughter!! How could he refuse knowing how her childhood was ?! 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

She has 5 kids, 3 under the age of 5. She's had 5 miscarriages. I don't think he'll change his mind.

Based on their interactions and the previews, I bet he won’t be with her much longer.  

Having another kid based on emotions is stupid, like Emily. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, queenjen said:

Their menu choices are so SAFE!!!  How many times have I heard 'I'll have the filet mignon' on these incredible overseas trips. I hope they all continue to ingest shots of salad dressing because they are just. so. ignorant.

As someone who has a unpredictable stomach during travel, I'd probably be playing it safe as well.  Better that than spending the entire vacation in the bathroom (sorta like the NYC housewives on their last trip).

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know. Emily seems to have a pretty strong DGAF. I think if she and Gina stuck together, they could take Tamra on. What I'd LOVE to see is the two of them making friends with Shannon and icing out Tamra. 

Oh, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see this.  I cannot stand Tamra.  I'll give her credit, she knows how to stay on the show, etc., but I truly think she's a terrible person.  Worse than Vicki even.  I would love to see someone take her down.  I was always surprised Heather hitched her ride to Tamra, I think she could have knocked her down a few pegs but instead chose to be besties with her.  Bleh.

So now it seems we can't have a storyline unless it's about one of the other housewives?  If it's not Gretchen, it was Vicki, and now it's Shannon.  BORING.  While I'm not a fan of Shannon, I don't think she's cut out for this type of show, she's too honest and fragile.  

Gina looks SO much prettier when she's not wearing makeup and all done up.  

Not a fan of Emily but I'd prefer her (actually anyone) over Tamra.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ninjago said:

The problem with Tamra is that she is so desperate to stay on the show and get a paycheck, there is absolutely nothing she wouldn't do to keep the job, which makes her a completely un-Real housewife because none of her relationships are authentic.  Her friendships are in permanent loop of drama and reconciliation, and they are disposable.  Vicki is obviously a huge liar and a poseur, but I think she really IS that person-the mistakes she makes on the show are mistakes she would make in real life.  Tamra is all just contrived for the show.

Also, I agree with whoever said Gina looks like Brianna!  It's distracting!  Also, I think Emily looks like Jeanna Keough.

Yes Tamra is desperate, but I don’t think she would ever be fake friends with Gretchen or Alexis. I don’t think she would swallow that. I would love to see them come back and watch Tamra’s head explode. 

• Love 2

I don't mind Emily or Gina-just don't want to see screaming kids-and I want them to stay.  Especially if Gina will go up against Tamra and annoy her-I enjoy Tamra annoyed. 

I have never jumped off a train so fast as I did with Shannon.  My God that screeching.  And I feel like she was so smug because everyone was OVERLY nice to her.  She is damn toddler.  When she WALKED INTO AN OCEAN, like millions of people all over the world do every day, and everyone cheered and Vicki said something like "Way to go to Princess!", I felt like I was cheering on my niece when she took her first step.  Her voice caused me to turn down the volume. Again-congratulations on walking into an ocean.  Slow clap Shannon, slow clap.

Again-Team Kelly, boob flash and all.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

My God, these women make Americans look like absolute idiots!

In their defense, these women are filming a show.  Other vacationers know this and are probably thinking, "Maybe I'll be in the background!" 

I do think they are too old to act the way they do, but I'd expect OTT/dramatic behavior of some kind if I saw a show being filmed.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

In their defense, these women are filming a show.  Other vacationers know this and are probably thinking, "Maybe I'll be in the background!" 

I do think they are too old to act the way they do, but I'd expect OTT/dramatic behavior of some kind if I saw a show being filmed.

You know if I was enjoying my jerk chicken and minding my own business and then I saw a jerk bloated sow “twerking” that might make me lose it. 

I sm still vegan these days but STILL.

• Love 4

I cant believe I am going to say this but I really didn't see anything wrong with Vickie and the others twerking.  I mean, I am close to Vickies age and hey, when we are on vacation and there is most likely some alcohol flowing, I have been known to act younger than my age so to speak.  Granted I am not being filmed for television, but sometimes you just want to have some fun.  We are not that old that we have to be relegated to sitting primly at the table with our napkins in our laps.  Yes there were other diners there that may have been disturbed by it, but I have been on that end as well and I just say let people have their fun.  It didn't look like they were in all that fancy of places when the twerking took place, so I say go with it.

I am hoping that this is the ONLY time I justify Vickies behavior, because I generally think she is a vile person.

• Love 18

Shannon, with all the money you have you wore the most unflattering outfit to dinner last night, did you think you were running to Walmart and not being filmed...please let a stylist help you.

We need one of those Handmaids Tale muzzles for Vicki, I cannot stand the shrieking.

Vicki, don't worry about your twerking, what you were doing wasn't twerking.

Just once I would like to be in a restaurant while RH is filming, (any of them) when a knock down, drag out fight goes down.

I was not impressed by the villas that they moved, (they looked like a rental from Ocean City MD), they needed a refresh.

Emily getting emotional because Gina was talking to her mother, oh puleese give me a break.  

Gina will be acting like Shannon next season, her divorce will become overwhelming and will be total nut job that everyone will say she needs medication, including Shannon...mark my words. 

I can live without hearing "Ya Mon" ever again.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, soccermom17 said:

I cant believe I am going to say this but I really didn't see anything wrong with Vickie and the others twerking.  I mean, I am close to Vickies age and hey, when we are on vacation and there is most likely some alcohol flowing, I have been known to act younger than my age so to speak.  Granted I am not being filmed for television, but sometimes you just want to have some fun.  We are not that old that we have to be relegated to sitting primly at the table with our napkins in our laps.  Yes there were other diners there that may have been disturbed by it, but I have been on that end as well and I just say let people have their fun.  It didn't look like they were in all that fancy of places when the twerking took place, so I say go with it.

I am hoping that this is the ONLY time I justify Vickies behavior, because I generally think she is a vile person.

Twerk your heart out! But please don’t defend Vicky’s right to twerk unless she is going to get hit with a ball in the head as each butt check moves. Every time hit in the head as each butt cheek moves. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Yes Tamra is desperate, but I don’t think she would ever be fake friends with Gretchen or Alexis. I don’t think she would swallow that. I would love to see them come back and watch Tamra’s head explode. 

But, she WAS fake friends with both Gretchen and Alexis. It's how she got dirt on them to use against them later. It's how she managed to get Gretchen Naked Wasted - Gretchen thought Tamra was her friend and could be trusted to help her blow off steam. She sidled up to Alexis and lavished praise on her and her marriage and then used everything she learned about their marriage to attack her once she and Simon divorced. 

Right now, Tamra is complaining about how needy Shannon is and how she has been there for Shannon without Shannon returning the favor. Let's face it, Tamra encouraged Shannon to call her at all hours with her problems because it gave Tamra dirt to use against Shannon when it suited her. Now that she has permission to be friendly with Vicki again, Tamra wants to jump ship and complain about how selfish and needy Shannon is. She's basically repeating the pattern she's had since she joined the show. Next season, she will be besties with Emily and Gina and use everything she has learned about them by "befriending them behind the scenes" to stir up more drama with the rest of the cast. 

• Love 23