Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

She is one who I thought would/should be cut at finals. 

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought it would/should have been Savannah.

These are the two who are consistently mentioned as the two weakest dancers on the team.  We saw some of it from Savannah this year, but she won ROTY last year which shows she has her teammates approval and rumor has it she worked her butt off with additional dance classes last year.  We haven't heard anything about Christina going to classes, but we did hear that her solo was supposedly among the worst at Finals and people who were there were shocked at how bad it was.  Not that the choreography was bad, but how badly CHRISTINA performed it and they were shocked she was called up for the team.  We've also heard stories from people who've met her about her attitude outside of the official functions and she was less than pleasant multiple times. 

I'm nowhere near Dallas and the DCC haven't come here so I can't say that I've met any of the girls in person so I'm basing what I say of the girls on their social media (and the social media of others in which they appear), what I see on the show and what I hear about here.  I've never liked Christina.  I felt she was whiny and felt entitled to make the team because of her history with auditions and Training Camp, not because of her dancing (which I feel isn't that good).   I also feel that Christina got lucky last year at Brennan's expense because if Kelli hadn't cut Brennan before Canton, Brennan would have made the team last year and Christina wouldn't, but that's just me.  I shall drop this here for now because people already know my opinion of Christina.  It may change if I meet her and see her perform in person, but it might not.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

These are the two who are consistently mentioned as the two weakest dancers on the team.  We saw some of it from Savannah this year, but she won ROTY last year which shows she has her teammates approval and rumor has it she worked her butt off with additional dance classes last year.  We haven't heard anything about Christina going to classes, but we did hear that her solo was supposedly among the worst at Finals and people who were there were shocked at how bad it was.  Not that the choreography was bad, but how badly CHRISTINA performed it and they were shocked she was called up for the team.  We've also heard stories from people who've met her about her attitude outside of the official functions and she was less than pleasant multiple times. 

I'm nowhere near Dallas and the DCC haven't come here so I can't say that I've met any of the girls in person so I'm basing what I say of the girls on their social media (and the social media of others in which they appear), what I see on the show and what I hear about here.  I've never liked Christina.  I felt she was whiny and felt entitled to make the team because of her history with auditions and Training Camp, not because of her dancing (which I feel isn't that good).   I also feel that Christina got lucky last year at Brennan's expense because if Kelli hadn't cut Brennan before Canton, Brennan would have made the team last year and Christina wouldn't, but that's just me.  I shall drop this here for now because people already know my opinion of Christina.  It may change if I meet her and see her perform in person, but it might not.

From the clip we saw of Christina's solo, it was awful. She does not have the body or the rhythm to try and pull off sexy burlesque dancing. She got a Barbie though---so there's that. Just further proof that Kelli has lost her marbles. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Halloween with Tasha's fam. Her daughter is growing so fast. She seemed so tiny when Tasha auditioned her rookie year.

Ya know, I wasn't a huge Tasha fan during her rookie year, but she's really grown on me. The DCC could use a few more Tasha's on the team. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

From the clip we saw of Christina's solo, it was awful. She does not have the body or the rhythm to try and pull off sexy burlesque dancing. She got a Barbie though---so there's that. Just further proof that Kelli has lost her marbles. 

Well, it certainly seems like her solos haven't improved much, if at all, from season 9.  Christina was the one wearing the black feather/purple sequin outfit in season 9's second episode, the one with Finales and a trip to Kitty's dance studio.  Kitty said that when she saw a bad solo, she was going to call it out and who was the VERY first solo after she said that?  Christina.  Kitty said she looked like a "chicken gone bad at one point with all the feathers" and said parts of her solo were stripperish (the infamous "I'm a stripper, I'm a slut" comment).  Watch from 5:25 to 5:40 in that episode to see what I mean.

As for the Barbie, we've been told in the past that they were for excellent solos, the top of the class.  Well, this year, we find out that they're not just for that but for other things as well.  Christina's Barbie was supposedly for persistence or something like that, not for any sort of amazing dancing or anything remotely resembling the ability to dance at the higher levels.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, it certainly seems like her solos haven't improved much, if at all, from season 9.  Christina was the one wearing the black feather/purple sequin outfit in season 9's second episode, the one with Finales and a trip to Kitty's dance studio.  Kitty said that when she saw a bad solo, she was going to call it out and who was the VERY first solo after she said that?  Christina.  Kitty said she looked like a "chicken gone bad at one point with all the feathers" and said parts of her solo were stripperish (the infamous "I'm a stripper, I'm a slut" comment).  Watch from 5:25 to 5:40 in that episode to see what I mean.

I want to say I saw a longer clip at some point, but here is the quick one I found. It's terrible.

https://twitter.com/dccheerleaders/status/994959366796333062

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 1

Ugh. It sure would be interesting to see all of the judges' scores on these auditions. The only time we get a glimpse of them is when Kelli has someone in the office and is about to cut them and says this many judges voted no on you. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SSAHotchner said:

Ugh. It sure would be interesting to see all of the judges' scores on these auditions. The only time we get a glimpse of them is when Kelli has someone in the office and is about to cut them and says this many judges voted no on you. 

I don’t recall seeing ANY of the scores from the judges this year...am I forgetting??! ...I sure wish we could see them all too!! If any of you out there know them, please share! I know in previous years we had seen them!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

I guess we know what the DCC think about some brown face. 

A4621609-165B-47E2-A4C2-2A521F20EE2D.jpeg

Or they took into consideration how she is on any other day that doesn’t call for being in a Halloween costume, which I imagine is someone deserving of abbey

• Love 15
On November 4, 2018 at 10:46 AM, EricaShadows said:

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.  I wouldn't be surprised if ALL the girls want to be up there, just for the dance exposure.  

Guess I'm not the only one who thought this about Christina (and possibly about a few others).  Being photogenic is a plus for being on the squad, but we've seen that being photogenic CAN'T be the main, or only, reason a girl is on the squad or in Training Camp because if it is, those girls rarely make it to the end of Training Camp and even fewer last a year on the squad without DRASTIC improvement (which we haven't seen).

Most of the time all DCC go as a group and perform.. other years I think they pop in and out. Selena "no talent" gomez had none, because their dances moves hit higher notes than she did. 

• Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 11:31 AM, UnicornKicks said:

Ok bad stuff. Hannah is really pretty in person. But dang she has moments where she does look rough. Like she'll cut you rough. I don't know how they can fix that.

I get what you mean and have noticed that also. To me she reminds me of a WWE diva. They are pretty but have to have that tough look about them too  if that makes sense . It’s not a bad thing though just a WWE and DCC are not on the same page lol 

• Love 4

Hey guys. So I know I'm still new here, but I just have to ask......is there really an Amber on this team????? Serious question, no disrespect or sarcasm intended.

I saw her tagged in the group 4 slideshow they put up on Instagram, but I do not remember her. Like, I'm sure she was on the show and their was probably even a bio, I just cannot for the life of me remember her. And now I feel kind of guilty lol.

Which makes me curious. Are there any girls from any other seasons that flew under the radar for you? :)

1 hour ago, Lona said:

Hey guys. So I know I'm still new here, but I just have to ask......is there really an Amber on this team????? Serious question, no disrespect or sarcasm intended.

I saw her tagged in the group 4 slideshow they put up on Instagram, but I do not remember her. Like, I'm sure she was on the show and their was probably even a bio, I just cannot for the life of me remember her. And now I feel kind of guilty lol.

Which makes me curious. Are there any girls from any other seasons that flew under the radar for you? :)

Amber is in between Gina and KaShara. She was a Kilgore Rangerette and Swingster (Kilgore's "show group")

dcc at race.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Halloween with Tasha's fam. Her daughter is growing so fast. She seemed so tiny when Tasha auditioned her rookie year.

So cute....but OMG drop all of the damn hashtags

6 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

Every one of these girls looks absolutely beautiful in this photo. 

That is probably one of the BEST pics I've seen of Gina!

• Love 1

From what I saw in that clip, her leaps were low and heavy, she didn't seem to complete moves, seemed to be rushing at points, her flexibility was okay, but not what I expected of a veteran candidate, her musicality wasn't that great and her execution, not only of the choreography, but the moves, just wasn't there.  Granted, some will say that a few of these points are subjective, and that may be the case, but I thought Christina could have, and should have, done better overall with her solo based on what I saw and she didn't.  In past cases, many times a solo like that (and sometimes better ones) have gotten girls cut because they're not as good as they should be for veterans.  We saw what happened with Jasmine (Danielle's friend) whose solo wasn't up to par as well as Breelan, Morgan, Caila, Kat, and many other girls.  Granted, some of them made other mistakes that got them cut and we haven't heard entirely what happened with Christina throughout finals beyond the solo portion of Finals so maybe she was good enough in other areas that TPTB were willing to overlook a bad solo.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 11
19 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I think Hannah’s look is fine and her dancing is amazing. If they put Maddie on the team they have to give Hanna a chance.  I’m still not a huge fan of Jalyn’s look..... never have been. But she’s won me over with her dancing and personality. I mean, they are never going to have a team of Abigail Kleins and Ashton Torres beauties, but none of these girls are unattractive. Maddie is really the only one I don’t see lookswise at all, and I feel like a total jerk for saying that because she’s a great dancer and a wonderful person. 

All this, plus I think Hannah is MUCH prettier than Maddie and has a far better body. Hannah's body is perfection plus she can dance. No clue about Hannah's character, haven't heard anything bad don't get me wrong, but yeah, Maddie is a good person but I don't feel bad for saying she is not triangle material and doesnt finish moves except when she does her own hip hop choreo. Plus the weight.

Funny you mention the gorgeous Abigail, but she really was not the best dancer. Made show group on her looks definitely and on weight watch.

18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

To be clear, I’m not suggesting that Hannah shouldn’t have made it. I certainly think she should have, but I do think she sometimes has a similarly harsh look like LSU Kaitlin a few years ago (who I also think should’ve made it). I think Maddie looks a bit out of place in the triangle, but she’s cute and a worthy member of the team. If the team were comprised of 12 girls, it would be different, and I would expect everyone to be gorgeous and glamorous. However, with 36, there is definitely room for different looks.

Still not comprehending how Maddie made triangle. My tin foil hat says she was rewarded for being the total opposite of party girl drama that Erica, Holly and Jenna brought. Damage control helped her get up there. 

10 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Would be interesting, but not like scores even mean anything in the end. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Tootie said:

Amber is in between Gina and KaShara. She was a Kilgore Rangerette and Swingster (Kilgore's "show group")

dcc at race.jpg

I love Gina with longer hair, I just wish she would add the extensions to all of her hair. I don’t like the short sections on top,  they make it look a little mullety and I think if it was all long it would look amazing. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Still not comprehending how Maddie made triangle. My tin foil hat says she was rewarded for being the total opposite of party girl drama that Erica, Holly and Jenna brought. Damage control helped her get up there. 

I'm sorry if you mentioned this earlier, but who do you think should be in her spot instead?  I personally would prefer Kelli there.

• Love 4

Gina's smile doesn't look Joker-y in that pic above! And I see that Jalyn is still trying to figure out a hairstyle. The color seems to have been restored but it's at a weird length, almost needs to be cut A-line or just shorter, and the style needs to be revved up or just worn straight. Same could be said for Hannah... I do see the WWE diva look in her that another poster mentioned. She seems rough around the edges but she's got a beautiful figure and amazing dance power. Hopefully DCC can finesse both Hannah and Jalyn's looks because those gals are fire.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm sorry if you mentioned this earlier, but who do you think should be in her spot instead?  I personally would prefer Kelli there.

Alexis, Lexie, Heather, Kelli, Gina, Tasha. If it would work with height, Molly, Tess, Miranda. I'd say Khalyn except she is injured a lot and has a really visible spot as the "diamond" when they spread lines, so as visible as triangle almost. Besides injury I'd even stick Yuko up there. Basically any of the vets except Jessika, Savannah or Christina. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I saw in that clip, her leaps were low and heavy, she didn't seem complete moves, seemed to be rushing at points, her flexibility was okay, but not what I expected of a veteran candidate, her musicality wasn't that great and her execution, not only of the choreography, but the moves, just wasn't there.  Granted, some will say that a few of these points are subjective, and that may be the case, but I thought Christina could have, and should have, done better overall with her solo based on what I saw and she didn't.  In past cases, many times a solo like that (and sometimes better ones) have gotten girls cut because they're not as good as they should be for veterans.  We saw what happened with Jasmine (Danielle's friend) whose solo wasn't up to par as well as Breelan, Morgan, Caila, Kat, and many other girls.  Granted, some of them made other mistakes that got them cut and we haven't heard entirely what happened with Christina throughout finals beyond the solo portion of Finals so maybe she was good enough in other areas that TPTB were willing to overlook a bad solo.

Agree!!  And she still managed to get a Barbie!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Alexis, Lexie, Heather, Kelli, Gina, Tasha. If it would work with height, Molly, Tess, Miranda. I'd say Khalyn except she is injured a lot and has a really visible spot as the "diamond" when they spread lines, so as visible as triangle almost. Besides injury I'd even stick Yuko up there. Basically any of the vets except Jessika, Savannah or Christina. 

I think Yuko is pushing it lol, but I basically agree with everyone else though I’m lukewarm on Molly and Miranda. I think Kaylyn, Gina, or Kelli could’ve easily made the triangle. I think Kelli has an older look as well (i think it’s makeup and hair), but the girl can dance! I think she tends to get lost in the crowd when the discussion moves to best dancers, but Kelli is a great performer. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think she tends to get lost in the crowd when the discussion moves to best dancers, but Kelli is a great performer. 

I was always pretty meh on her, but she's really grown on me as one of my favorites.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think Yuko is pushing it lol, but I basically agree with everyone else though I’m lukewarm on Molly and Miranda. I think Kaylyn, Gina, or Kelli could’ve easily made the triangle. I think Kelli has an older look as well (i think it’s makeup and hair), but the girl can dance! I think she tends to get lost in the crowd when the discussion moves to best dancers, but Kelli is a great performer. 

yeah, you're prob right about Yuko lol. 

• Love 1

Well considering how picky they are about hair colors they probably didn’t want a blonde in the triangle besides Kashara. And Savannah the only red head isn’t strong enough to be in the trinagle and so it would fall to a brunette. And of all the brunettes I think Khalyn or Tess would be good because I don’t think a 2nd year has ever been in the triangle. But Khalyn is injured and Tess is center for the kickline so she can’t be upfront so Maddie does seem like the only viable choice

11 hours ago, Aggielife said:

I guess we know what the DCC think about some brown face. 

A4621609-165B-47E2-A4C2-2A521F20EE2D.jpeg

“Poor sweet Rachel was so sorry she made a mistake. She isn’t really dumb or racist. She has a black friend.”

I mean, it’s the blind leading the blind over there, no one can be surprised.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Hannah reminds of  Marcia Cross from Melrose Place and Desperate Housewives.

I can see that. For me, Hannah most reminds me of Emma Stone.

I am glad there are different levels of "sexiness." I'm not looking to hook up with them; I jut want to see some good dancing.

• Love 9
Just now, ByTor said:

Why is Rachel someone's locker buddy?  I thought there were enough for everybody to have her own.

It's probably an expression for your neighbor next to you . . . when I worked at the phone company, we referred to our neighbor that sat next to us as "tub buddy" . . . LOL!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

“Poor sweet Rachel was so sorry she made a mistake. She isn’t really dumb or racist. She has a black friend.”

I’m confused, did someone from DCC actually say this? 

1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

We each have our own opinion, and maybe it's bc Bruno Rachel didn't have on blush and looked like the lips were same color as skin, but I still think she looked darker and grayer toned on Halloween. But whatever, she took down the pics so at least aware it wasn't cool.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Monique said:

Well considering how picky they are about hair colors they probably didn’t want a blonde in the triangle besides Kashara. And Savannah the only red head isn’t strong enough to be in the trinagle and so it would fall to a brunette. And of all the brunettes I think Khalyn or Tess would be good because I don’t think a 2nd year has ever been in the triangle. But Khalyn is injured and Tess is center for the kickline so she can’t be upfront so Maddie does seem like the only viable choice

If you're going by the first four rows of the triangle, there's Crystal Trevino, Evan Anderson, Sasha Agent, Mackenzie Weeks and Jacie Scott, to name a few.

• Love 1
On 03/11/2018 at 8:29 AM, PollyHowell said:

Melissa, in my eyes, is one of the best of the best DCC ever (right up there with Kashara ((controversial? Maybe.)). She had the technique, the look, the power, and the pop.

She’s probably my fave DCC ever in terms of dance ability. Her technique was unreal! 

• Love 5