Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

First, I'm not sure what's happening to me - maybe its age. But all of sudden the squat/bootypop thrust thrust thrusting is annoying. For so many years now  - find some new moves. I must be getting old because I didn't used to be bothered by these.

That being said - the old guard - like in these videos- seem to have a more mature vibe to them. I know the girls on the team are the same ages as the current girls - but they seem more aware and more mature somehow. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Tootie said:

Trisha's extra hair flips were really noticeable just at first glance.

To be honest it looks like she was trying to get the hair out of her face most of the time. Not sure why they gave her (and a lot of other girls around this time) short side bangs.

15 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Look at all these extra hair flips 😂

Pretty funny that the segment was about lean bodies when Meredith is the heaviest cheerleader they ever had, she just got bigger and bigger and was never cut. I guess the Cassie and Victoria favoritism is for all legacies. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

First, I'm not sure what's happening to me - maybe its age. But all of sudden the squat/bootypop thrust thrust thrusting is annoying. For so many years now  - find some new moves. I must be getting old because I didn't used to be bothered by these.

That being said - the old guard - like in these videos- seem to have a more mature vibe to them. I know the girls on the team are the same ages as the current girls - but they seem more aware and more mature somehow. 

I think they used to be a lot more 25-30 year olds on the team. Now there seems to be more 18 year olds and lots of girls try out after university so at 21-22. I think there’s only Brennan and Briana on the team now who are 30. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Isn't Christina in that age range?

It's easy to forget about Christina because she's such a nothing blender on the team and doesn't really bring anything special or different (except a good body and short hair) to the team.  She isn't a strong or talented dancer.  Who knows what she's like on appearances, but seems to be especially moody or rude when posters here have encountered her (which might be due to being more self-contained than the others or due to her hearing issues, but still). . .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It's easy to forget about Christina because she's such a nothing blender on the team and doesn't really bring anything special or different (except a good body and short hair) to the team.  She isn't a strong or talented dancer.  Who knows what she's like on appearances, but seems to be especially moody or rude when posters here have encountered her (which might be due to being more self-contained than the others or due to her hearing issues, but still). . .

The good body is debatable. Imo.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, MavisL said:

This is what I was going to try to say but couldn't find the words. Thank you for saying it splendidly. Why on earth should lackluster performances that aren't "extra" be the goal again? The goal is what Gina, Nicole Hamilton, Holly and the GOATS do. It's also just more fun as a dancer, I think....and that shows.  

giphy.gif

Holly's kicks...sigh....only other person I've seen with kicks as perfect, is Lacey, and even hers weren't as good.  The rest of the girls in that line look pathetic.  I so wish she'd have stayed around...but she's having a blast in LA it appears.  🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 3

How old is that video? Like 12 years? They are doing the exact same choreography all these years later. Thank goodness for the guest choreographers or they'd never do anything new. I hope we see Jen Colvin teaching choreo and giving feedback on the show this season!

Kind of fun seeing last year's rookies in veteran blue in the practice photo. I really want them to do something about Gina's and Heather's hair. I agree the platinum yellow on Gina is looking rough--the color just highlights that her hair is so thin and it looks unhealthy and I hate those extensions she's been wearing, because they look like...extensions. I feel like extensions should just look like your hair. A shorter cut to get rid of some of the damage and could help return some life and body to her hair. I also do not care for Heather's two-tone blonde and brown 'do. It looks like she plopped a too-small wig on top of her brown hair. She's so gorgeous and this hair color is taking her glam-sophistication factor down several notches for me. Marshall, please fix it!! I know you can.

If the 4 who went to the CMT Awards are the group leaders--and I think this is very likely--then Heather and Tess are the two glam leaders and Amy and Maddie are the two cute leaders. I do feel like Maddie looks a bit out of place with the other three for all the reasons several others have stated, and the photos I've seen from auditions and the CMT trip mostly are not doing her favors. I did not love her audition dance or costume, either. Not only was it more of the same, I think last year's costume had a bit of sass and sex appeal to it but this year it just looked like she was covering up and going for a jog. I get it that all these choreographers see something amazing in her, and I do see some tremendous musicality when she dances, but she is inconsistent. She doesn't extend her arms enough and she. does. not. finish. her. moves. Her energy was up and down in the solo. I also noticed that her kicks look weaker and in audition photos her feet looked unpointed too often. The faces she made during her solo were painful to me--it was like one of those cutsey pageant performances. I remember Judy and Kelli telling her to stop making those kinds of faces when she was a rookie. So, stop, please. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Kayce said:

Holly's kicks...sigh....only other person I've seen with kicks as perfect, is Lacey, and even hers weren't as good.  The rest of the girls in that line look pathetic.  I so wish she'd have stayed around...but she's having a blast in LA it appears.  🙂

Sigh. I know. I miss her chutzpah and her talent. But Holly and Gina dancing side by side would likely alter the elliptical pattern of earth LOL.

I'm glad she's moved on though-for her sake. While I am a fan of the show, and while TPTB would like us to believe that this is the hardest audition process in the world with "like, the hardest choreography in the country" (LOL remember her?), which all result in the only dance job that really counts, most of us know that's completely untrue. Real dance jobs at the caliber they claim to be actually pay and treat you like an employee rather than an indoctrinated cult member. Good for her.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

I do feel like Maddie looks a bit out of place with the other three for all the reasons several others have stated, and the photos I've seen from auditions and the CMT trip mostly are not doing her favors. 

You were in my brain with this! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kayce said:

When you watch the video her kicks are off the charts but she seems she is early in the group .. just sayin ...

• Love 1
On 6/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

Pretty funny that the segment was about lean bodies when Meredith is the heaviest cheerleader they ever had, she just got bigger and bigger and was never cut. I guess the Cassie and Victoria favoritism is for all legacies. 

Meredith may have had weight issues but she had a mature way about her from the beginning. She didn’t make it the first time she auditioned, as I recall. But once she was in, she seemed to be a great mentor with the rookies that came in after her.

I can’t speak on VK’s current maturity level but last year, well, that’s been discussed enough already...she was a hot, hair-clutching mess. 

• Love 5
(edited)
24 minutes ago, BCrabby said:

This is one pretty group of girls!  TCC Ashley is in this pic as well!

She is so pretty happy to see she cut her extensions down 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

Gina...gag...the syrupy sweet fakeness is killing me.  She's going to do whatever she can to make others think she is the bestest bestie out there.  My feelings about her are exactly the same that many have for Victoria.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kayce said:

Gina...gag...the syrupy sweet fakeness is killing me.  She's going to do whatever she can to make others think she is the bestest bestie out there.  My feelings about her are exactly the same that many have for Victoria.  

My feelings for VK and Gina are pretty well documented in this forum, but at least Gina can actually dance and she’s not just Kelli’s ‘daughter’. But yeah I get that it was probably exaggerated for the show, but you can’t edit words into her mouth or force her GL to say that she’s doing the wrong things yet correcting her fellow rookies.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

My feelings for VK and Gina are pretty well documented in this forum, but at least Gina can actually dance and she’s not just Kelli’s ‘daughter’. But yeah I get that it was probably exaggerated for the show, but you can’t edit words into her mouth or force her GL to say that she’s doing the wrong things yet correcting her fellow rookies.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but watching how her fellow DCC's post towards Gina over her past seasons leads me to believe she is well liked.  I try not to let editing steer my decisions and from what I've read, I don't believe she is fake.  I do think what we initially saw was someone who perhaps didn't realize how she was coming across and made the effort to change.  Gina came from the competitive dance world.  I'm sure there is an adjustment moving from that world to a team environment. 

Some can carry that off and some cannot.  I'll leave it at that.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but watching how her fellow DCC's post towards Gina over her past seasons leads me to believe she is well liked.  I try not to let editing steer my decisions and from what I've read, I don't believe she is fake.  I do think what we initially saw was someone who perhaps didn't realize how she was coming across and made the effort to change.  Gina came from the competitive dance world.  I'm sure there is an adjustment moving from that world to a team environment. 

I don't see her sending flowers to her friend as a fake sweet move at all. It wasn't like she was doing it for the attention, she didn't know Gabby would post about it

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

And that was TWO years ago.  It's quite possible that she's grown as a person but so many people can't/won't give her the benefit of the doubt.  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Also, many of the girls had nice things to say about Gina in the podcasts.

• Love 8
On 6/7/2019 at 4:18 PM, MavisL said:

I don't find it to be distracting, I used to though. I thought everything about her was just too much, but to see how she's evolved is refreshing. Now I just see her as doing what everyone else is doing...but better. 

i agree with this. I dont think shes "too much" I think the girls around her are not enough and makes everything look off.  Like taylor in the back to the right of her.  she looks off when compared to Gina, but when you look around shes on beat with the other girls. Gina is just more "extra" and frankly it looks better.  

• Love 5
On 6/10/2019 at 10:13 AM, M1977G said:

. I do feel like Maddie looks a bit out of place with the other three for all the reasons several others have stated, and the photos I've seen from auditions and the CMT trip mostly are not doing her favors. I did not love her audition dance or costume, either. Not only was it more of the same, I think last year's costume had a bit of sass and sex appeal to it but this year it just looked like she was covering up and going for a jog. I get it that all these choreographers see something amazing in her, and I do see some tremendous musicality when she dances, but she is inconsistent. She doesn't extend her arms enough and she. does. not. finish. her. moves. Her energy was up and down in the solo. I also noticed that her kicks look weaker and in audition photos her feet looked unpointed too often. The faces she made during her solo were painful to me--it was like one of those cutsey pageant performances. I remember Judy and Kelli telling her to stop making those kinds of faces when she was a rookie. So, stop, please. 

All this x1000. Maddie never finishes moves and looks physically and professionally like she’s stuck in Kiddie Dance Pageant mode with nothing but tricks and corny facials. Plus she looks so out of place next to all the other DCC “types”. They range from tall, short, cute, glam, sporty, sexy, all the hair colors and textures, etc then there’s Maddie who looks like somebody’s kid sister who found a uniform and is tagging along.

Even when Jenna was 18 and wore a youth medium or whatever teensy size she was, she looked grown. Maddie looks like a perpetual middle schooler. Like she’s advanced for 13 but then you find out she’s a decade older and it’s WTF? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

And that was TWO years ago.  It's quite possible that she's grown as a person but so many people can't/won't give her the benefit of the doubt.  

In principle, I agree with you and @go4luca. But we’re discussing a reality show and we all have our preferences and those decisions are by definition arbitrary. It’s not like we actually know any of them or have any idea how they really are behind the scenes. And it’s not like our opinion matters so I guess I just enjoy these “debates” since we don’t really have anything new to discuss so far!

1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

And it’s not like our opinion matters so I guess I just enjoy these “debates” since we don’t really have anything new to discuss so far!

I'm not a debater by nature but I do get what you're saying! Boredom runs amok! 😀

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

So it looks like Rachel Wyatt’s IG is hacked? Her user name is different and says her name as Barbara Rother. Someone that knows how to can link it here. 

I get this (so they may be working on fixing it):

Screenshot_2019-06-11-18-38-42.png

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

So it looks like Rachel Wyatt’s IG is hacked? Her user name is different and says her name as Barbara Rother. Someone that knows how to can link it here. 

I went to HS with a Barbara Rother.

(edited)

Heather got the Star Magazine Swimsuit issue cover! 😊 Very Farrah Fawcett esque pose! 😊 She looks great! https://shop.dallascowboys.com/dallas-cowboys-star-magazine-swimsuit-issue-2019-191140236.html?dwvar_191140236_color=NONE&cgid=

IMG_20190613_152323.jpg

Edited by PhoebeKelly1992
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Heather got the Star Magazine Swimsuit issue cover! 😊 Very Farrah Fawcett esque pose! 😊 She looks great! https://shop.dallascowboys.com/dallas-cowboys-star-magazine-swimsuit-issue-2019-191140236.html?dwvar_191140236_color=NONE&cgid=

IMG_20190613_152323.jpg

I adore this image. She looks happy, healthy and natural. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

That background looks like the ones we chose when we had school pictures in the 90's

I saw a show on Farrah recently.  The photographer talked about "the" pic.  He said the background was just an old beach blanket he had tossed in the car.  

Another thought........hmmmmm....remember how last year so many posters talked about how Lauren should do the famous Farrah pose?  Do you think they saw that and did this????????

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Opine said:

I saw a show on Farrah recently.  The photographer talked about "the" pic.  He said the background was just an old beach blanket he had tossed in the car.  

Another thought........hmmmmm....remember how last year so many posters talked about how Lauren should do the famous Farrah pose?  Do you think they saw that and did this????????

Oo that's a good theory actually

• Love 1
(edited)

Does it make people feel big and important to leave comments such as this on Heather's Star cover?  Not once but repeat it three minutes later?  #GetALifeLady 🙄

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 8.54.24 AM.png

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Does it make people feel big and important to leave comments such as this on Heather's Star cover?  Not once but repeat it three minutes later?  #GetALifeLady 🙄

What's the saying? If you don't have anything nice to say...

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

1 minute ago, DCC-UK said:

What's the saying? If you don't have anything nice to say...

The poster works for a cosmetic company that uplifts and empowers women.  Apparently she didn’t get the memo. #jealousHeatherdoesntneedherproducts

• Love 9