Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Yep.  We still have one here in Ky.  I don't shop there though.  Not my style 🙂

We have one in my hometown here in Ky as well.  It's not my style either...I'm a TJMAXX kind of gal 😉 

On 5/13/2019 at 3:58 PM, J-R said:

I think Miranda will be a 2GL over Rachel/Molly.  

I think she will probably be a second as well 🙂

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Yep.  We still have one here in Ky.  I don't shop there though.  Not my style 🙂

Oh hell to the no.  I'm a Levis with t-shirt or cute Madewell top kind of gal.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 3

Belk is pretty big in the Southeast. I wouldn't be surprised if most mid-sized and large cities in the Southeast have at least a Belk - they acquired McRaes and Parisian (I miss that store), both of which had large footprints in the South. There are several Belks in the Atlanta area. Until recently there was one in Phipps Plaza, and I thought it was odd that it lasted as long as it did, since Phipps is a pretty upscale, expensive mall. 

I actually don't think Belk really has a style - it's just a big department store. If you like simple tees and jean shorts, they definitely sell that. If you like sundresses, they have those as well lol. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I actually don't think Belk really has a style - it's just a big department store. If you like simple tees and jean shorts, they definitely sell that. If you like sundresses, they have those as well lol. 

I got my nephew a nice polo shirt for Christmas from Belk.  I felt like they're a lot like Macy's.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I got my nephew a nice polo shirt for Christmas from Belk.  I felt like they're a lot like Macy's.

Yeah, agreed. I would put Macy's and Belk (and Dillard's) in the same category of moderately priced dept stores, although I prefer Macy's, especially their biggest and nicest stores. Even the so-called flagship Belk stores are mediocre IMO. Dillards has higher quality than both IMO.  I would say Sears and JC Penney are in that lower priced category, and then you start getting into the Von Maur/Bloomingdales/Nordstrom, etc category of "luxury" stores - although I find great sales in Von Maur all of the time. Bloomingdales...not so much lol!

• Love 3
On 5/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, ByTor said:

Looks like Christina and Lauren are wearing the same dress in different colors.  I don't like either of them...if my body looked like theirs I wouldn't be wearing something so shapeless.

I think I would like to wear something shapeless so I could eat without looking like I had a "food baby", lol. Of course, I don't have their bodies either!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

I think I would like to wear something shapeless so I could eat without looking like I had a "food baby", lol. Of course, I don't have their bodies either!

LOL!  I think I'm going to steal that one from you 🙂

• Love 3

I'm intrigued that Gina totally covered her top half with some chiffon-esque dress/shift/thing. Is she trying to hide the extreme weight loss? She was looking so gaunt on the photo shoot.

I live in Atlanta and Belk is everywhere. My husband, who only shops like once every five years, buys clothes there. Sometimes I'll get my son clearance clothes there. Once in a blue moon I can find something for me but not often. I am not a fan of cut outs on shoulders and sleeves (just my preference) and Belk is STILL cranking them out in force.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder which vet will be leading off at finals solos time.

My guess: Amy (i just hope she doesn't do another damn tap routine...I love tap but it gets old) and close with Maddie like last year if Maddie's solo is on fire like last year's was.  In like a lamb out like a lion....

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder which vet will be leading off at finals solos time.

Victoria wouldn't surprise me since she is the only one that brought Kelli to tears.  LOL

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Elizabethtown here 🙂

E-town!!! My mom's side of the family is from Muhlenburg county and E-town was our halfway point to stop to eat.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

E-town!!! My mom's side of the family is from Muhlenburg county and E-town was our halfway point to stop to eat.  

I think my maternal grandmother was from Muhlenberg Co!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kayce said:

My guess: Amy (i just hope she doesn't do another damn tap routine...I love tap but it gets old) and close with Maddie like last year if Maddie's solo is on fire like last year's was.  In like a lamb out like a lion....

No way Amy is NOT doing a tap solo. She's done it every year, and she's going to keep doing it.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

No way Amy is NOT doing a tap solo. She's done it every year, and she's going to keep doing it.

It's just gotten old.....I want to see her shake it up...do something different but like you said, no way she won't do a tap solo.  (insert eye roll) Everyone knows Amy isn't one of my faves...I don't dislike her and I give her kudos for coming back for a 5th year, but she's alwasy been flat and boring to me...MEH is my word for her. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I like tap..but after seeing it four times, what is new besides the outfit and the song? Like how many different combinations can you do? I'm over it. I'd like to see something else.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I like tap..but after seeing it four times, what is new besides the outfit and the song? Like how many different combinations can you do? I'm over it. I'd like to see something else.

Maybe she can do a "Riverdance"-like Irish stepdance/linedance ? I always liked that type of dance 😍

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

Maybe she can do a "Riverdance"-like Irish stepdance/linedance ? I always liked that type of dance 😍

I love Irish dance...learned a little bit when I was still clogging on a regular basis...it's HARD !!! 🙂

1 minute ago, Kayce said:

I love Irish dance...learned a little bit when I was still clogging on a regular basis...it's HARD !!! 🙂

The Irish kids start learning in kindergarten (or before)😮

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

The Irish kids start learning in kindergarten (or before)😮

Omg..I know!  I have a friend from Ireland and she started at age 3 😛  I wanted to find a class for adults around here...and the only lady that teaches Irish dance, basically laughed her arse off at me on the phone...she said if you are over the age of 8...you are too old to start.  😉

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Omg..I know!  I have a friend from Ireland and she started at age 3 😛  I wanted to find a class for adults around here...and the only lady that teaches Irish dance, basically laughed her arse off at me on the phone...she said if you are over the age of 8...you are too old to start.  😉

2 years old 🙂

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

2 years old 🙂

hmm - talking about it, I just fired up the "Riverdance - Live from Bejing 2010" blueray disc.. busy for the next +2 hours 🙂

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

2 years old 🙂

she is precious!!! 🙂

18 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

hmm - talking about it, I just fired up the "Riverdance - Live from Bejing 2010" blueray disc.. busy for the next +2 hours 🙂

I saw Riverdance live..twice 🙂 Feet of Flames twice and Lord of the Dance (the original Feet of Flames) once.  LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I have all of the dvds as well.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2019 at 7:49 PM, Kayce said:

I looooove tap but she always does a cheesy, sickly sweet tap routine. I like grittier tap that looks much cooler.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I looooove tap but she always does a cheesy, sickly sweet tap routine. I like grittier tap that looks much cooler.

She did do that one a few years ago where she did part tap and then went into jazz, i liked that one.  I think people find her routines boring because she's a more vanilla type.  And I say that as someone who loves Amy.  I think she's very underrated.  

If we're going to rag on Amy for always doing the same type of number, throw Lacey in there too.  she did lyrical pieces every year and even wore similar costumes for most of them. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

She did do that one a few years ago where she did part tap and then went into jazz, i liked that one.  I think people find her routines boring because she's a more vanilla type.  And I say that as someone who loves Amy.  I think she's very underrated.  

If we're going to rag on Amy for always doing the same type of number, throw Lacey in there too.  she did lyrical pieces every year and even wore similar costumes for most of them. 

I like Amy, she fits in well and not a huge, loud personality. Tap was always and still is my strongest style so I don't blame her for keeping to it, just wish she'd take a different spin on it. I like the Army-style one the other year, that made it a little different.

The problem is with a solo, you have to do what you do best and stay in your lane. Most of them will be trained in a few styles: ballet, modern, jazz, street but you always favour one. You do the moves that you do best!

I get bored with pretty lyrical sometimes, I much prefer contemporary but the judges never seem to like that. They want happy, smiley routines or sexy.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

like Chloe Arnold style...if you aren't familiar with her...look her up 🙂 She's awesome!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Kayce said:

like Chloe Arnold style...if you aren't familiar with her...look her up 🙂 She's awesome!

She’s amazing, tap and Beyoncé, what’s not to love?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

She’s amazing, tap and Beyoncé, what’s not to love?

I know!  I love her and could watch her and her crew anytime!

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The person who made Lacey's outfit should be fired or made to walk around Dallas in the outfit for a few hours. The bottoms Lexie is wearing are not that great either.

RW is wearing orange. LOL!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The person who made Lacey's outfit should be fired or made to walk around Dallas in the outfit for a few hours. The bottoms Lexie is wearing are not that great either.

It makes the girls look bigger then they are 

• Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Some of this clothes are flattering , especially Lacy’s. Lacy’s outfit looks like something my granny would wear. 

Edited by Cruisegirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Brennan's 30th today. Celebrating in the highest, tightest turtleneck I've seen in a long time, LOL.

Edited 2 hours ago by sleepyjean

Love Brennan....she looks absolutely gorgeous, and those shoes are perfect....but that dress is making her look like she is wearing an incredibly chic neck brace 😳  then again, that might just be my turtleneck terror talking.  I can't stand having things around my neck, I always feel like I'm choking.

• LOL 1
53 minutes ago, raindancer said:

Love Brennan....she looks absolutely gorgeous, and those shoes are perfect....but that dress is making her look like she is wearing an incredibly chic neck brace 😳  then again, that might just be my turtleneck terror talking.  I can't stand having things around my neck, I always feel like I'm choking.

Definitely giving off neck brace vibes.

• Love 1