Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I think Miranda could be assistant group leader since the TPTB seem to really love her. Don’t count out Caroline either! ROTY winners are future leaders in Kelli’s eyes. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I think Miranda could be assistant group leader since the TPTB seem to really love her. Don’t count out Caroline either! ROTY winners are future leaders in Kelli’s eyes. 

I think Miranda will be a 2GL over Rachel/Molly.  

• Love 5

I also think Rachel A could be a 2nd leader this year. I know she struggles a little with weight (in the DCC world), but she is an amazing performer and I suspect she has real leadership skills. She was a captain of Texas A&M dance team when they won one of their national championships. As for her weight, she was rocking her suits in Mexico recently, so hopefully she can maintain. I was a fan of hers from her first intro as a rookie and I would love to see her get a little more spotlight on the team. 

I actually agree with all of @bigskygirl's leadership predictions! I am not sure with Lauren's job that she could take on 2nd leader, especially if she does Show Group, but she seems so beloved by her teammates and is such a fun performer that I think she'd be an effective 2nd--if her memory issues have ceased, that is. I assume they have, otherwise I don't see how she would have made it back. Last season, Savannah didn't reveal her memory problems again (at least according to the show) until that field rehearsal where Tara also was messing up so much. I always wondered what they said to her about that night. No way would they have let that mess go, even if she didn't get called into the office like Tara did. Savannah has nicely trained feet and lines but I don't think she has the memory/attention to detail or "performance power" Kelli & Judy would require of leaders--at least not yet. I like her on the team, but I wish they'd stop with her weird sexy-face calendar photos and let her either just close her mouth or smile. "Prune" face does not work for her--at least in my eyes.

I'm hoping no one gets cut at auditions this year, which is the first year in a while I've felt that way. It would be great to see another season where a really small rookie class has to rock it to make the team, like Nicole Bulcher's class. I also think it would be great just to see all the veteran candidates rise to the occasion and collectively kick ass.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think group leaders will be Amy, Heather, Maddie and Tess. Assistant group leaders will be Lauren, Gina, Lexie, Rachel or Molly. I do not think Christina or Savannah would be group or asst. groups leaders.

Amy for Group 1 leader! ... not just by default due to her tenure on the team, but because she has the maturity for the job.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Stee said:

Has there ever been a season where there were no girls for color as a group leader?!

The first year that Holly A. was the point girl? I want to say that Jacie may have been a first or second, but I honestly don’t remember.  The team is certainly at a low point in terms of diversity currently, so I’m interested to see who shows up for tryouts this year and how the TCCs shake out. If you’re a talented AA girl, I would think this would be a good year to tryout (as opposed to season 8 for example), but i thought that last year as well, so who knows lol.

• Love 3
On 5/14/2019 at 9:49 AM, Jess14 said:

The first year that Holly A. was the point girl? I want to say that Jacie may have been a first or second, but I honestly don’t remember.  The team is certainly at a low point in terms of diversity currently, so I’m interested to see who shows up for tryouts this year and how the TCCs shake out. If you’re a talented AA girl, I would think this would be a good year to tryout (as opposed to season 8 for example), but i thought that last year as well, so who knows lol.

I'm keeping an eye out for Morgan Jones.

(Interesting factoid: This Morgan is a photographer, just like Morgan Jordan.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She looks fantastic!    I hope she tries out, and makes it.  

She hashtagged Houston dancers. I wonder if she's a former Texans cheerleader.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

Wow. They cannot be serious. I think they did a good job “toning it down”. I do not want to see what amounts to radom circus type performances during the breaks. 

Dancing animals????  On a basketball court?????

Again, let's just punish the women instead of finding a way to make the organization better.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 6
(edited)
20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Dancing animals????  On a basketball court?????

Again, let's just punish the women instead of finding a way to make the organization better.

"It came after a sexual harassment scandal shook up the Mavs front office." This is why the DCC have a non-frat rule in place, be it an "archaic" policy.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ms. SW said:

Wow. They cannot be serious. I think they did a good job “toning it down”. I do not want to see what amounts to radom circus type performances during the breaks. 

I have always loved Raylee and now I lover her even more.  I couldn't have said it better.  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, BringItOn said:

"It came after a sexual harassment scandal shook up the Mavs front office." This is why the DCC have a non-frat rule in place, be it an "archaic" policy.

The same non-frat rule Paige, Jenna and Holly broke. I would not be surprise if NFL cheerleaders will be a thing of the past.

16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Raylee is a class act. Look what you lost DCC Organization when you cut her.

Grace Sells also posted on her IG. Just said she was sad to see the DMD go and how happy she was to be part of them. I'm sure there's other former DMDs who have something to say about it.

• Love 2
Just now, hereforthedrama said:

What did she do? 

On one of the parts where they go down on there knees on the entrance she totally did that when they did thunderstruck last night lol she was totally committed lol 

Just now, hereforthedrama said:

😂where did you see this?

Lol on jessikas boyfriends ig account 

Just now, Holly85 said:

Lol on jessikas boyfriends ig account 

CD14BE94-7EE6-437C-85CF-B2166FF33275.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2019 at 2:29 AM, BringItOn said:

Sexual harassment has nothing to do with consesual “fraternization”.  Unless girls are supposed to run screaming the other direction everytime a man comes anywhere near them, they can still fall victims of sexual harassment. The non frat rule penalizes consensual relationships and mostly, penalizes the girls.

19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

So I saw that they did thunderstruck last night at the wedding omg Madeline m cracked me up on what she did lol 😂 

Do we have a link?

14 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

From Savannah's twitter page.  They both look beautiful!

IMG_2935.PNG

I like Lexie, but I think her blonde is too yellow for her and she needs to tone down the tanning. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I like Lexie, but I think her blonde is too yellow for her and she needs to tone down the tanning. 

I agree 100%. I know Lexie is a favorite for most but I’ve always found her to be kind of Barbie-ish and I don’t mean that in a good way. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It reminds me of Frenchi at the dance in the movie Grease. A beautiful, blonde pineapple 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Monique said:

I agree 100%. I know Lexie is a favorite for most but I’ve always found her to be kind of Barbie-ish and I don’t mean that in a good way. 

I always thought Tasha had the fake plastic look going.

9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Some of the girls did not follow Kelli's fashions do's and don'ts

They all look wonderful - I love that color on Molly and I really do love the color of Gina's dress.  TBH, some of Kelli's outfits the past couple of years have been fashion don'ts.

• Love 3

Looks like Christina and Lauren are wearing the same dress in different colors.  I don't like either of them...if my body looked like theirs I wouldn't be wearing something so shapeless.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (30).jpeg

Jessika her dress is meh...Tess looks amazing...Heather...that dress does her NO favors, Lacey is beautiful as always, Tasha...I don't like the dress and it doesn't flatter her at all... Gina is wearing a shapeless mini mumu...it looks awful...Molly's dress, I like the color and the style is ok, Rachel...not caring for that at all...Lauren and Christina's are shapeless as well but they do look better on them than Gina's does.  

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Michele Butler said:

Is Belk still in business? This looks like a Belk clearance sale from hell.

A few years ago, I actually found a Waterford vase on discount there that I had been coveting hard, so I check out the site every now and then when I'm poking around (thanks, Kelli & Co.!!! 😂).  I love flowers the way pageant girls love Whitestrips, so I was pretty thrilled.

I never really minded the fashion show, just hated how hard they were shilling it (and some of the outfits they put those poor girls in, omg).

Here is my vase (with bonus lilies and book stacks lol)

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 10.38.40 AM.png

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

Jessika her dress is meh...Tess looks amazing...Heather...that dress does her NO favors, Lacey is beautiful as always, Tasha...I don't like the dress and it doesn't flatter her at all... Gina is wearing a shapeless mini mumu...it looks awful...Molly's dress, I like the color and the style is ok, Rachel...not caring for that at all...Lauren and Christina's are shapeless as well but they do look better on them than Gina's does.  

I think it's cool when they wear things that are loose.  And they might be very flattering in person but just look shapeless in 2D pictures.  After a swimsuit shoot I think if they don't feel a need to flaunt their shapes then more power to them 🙂

To be fair I'm not super into the Belk look either... it just kinda looks like southern sorority girl to me. But hey it's DCC!

Edited by pisces125
typo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Michele Butler said:

Is Belk still in business? This looks like a Belk clearance sale from hell. But I agree, Tess is smokin' hot!

Yep.  We still have one here in Ky.  I don't shop there though.  Not my style 🙂