Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Who do you think could be cut 

Honestly it's really hard to say like I said, no one is glaring (like Selina last year, Caila the year she was cut, etc). I think look at those who were on WW this year and those that tend to fly under the radar. 

But something tells me that there will be cuts. Just a feeling I have 

• Love 2

Watched the podcast & Courtney seemed better & not on her phone. Kelli’s hairstyle is different along with highlights.  I did notice Kelli was not wearing any rings on her left hand.  Madeline is very well spoken & bright. Lexie seems nice but not as much personality 

3 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Watched the podcast & Courtney seemed better & not on her phone. Kelli’s hairstyle is different along with highlights.  I did notice Kelli was not wearing any rings on her left hand.  Madeline is very well spoken & bright. Lexie seems nice but not as much personality 

Courtney is always well behaved when an adult is in the room, and I don't mean Shannon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Why would they post this pic of Brennan? She looks cross eyed and crazy 😜😵🤣🤣🤣 

37E24EA5-3635-4183-A80D-184520B30339.jpeg

Her eyes look freaky in almost every picture. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Brennan looks like her dad...but morning the best way. I actually think that photo above is one that actually looks nice 

CORRECTION: *Not in the best way

..not "morning"

Edited by LadyMsJay
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Brennan looks like her dad...but morning the best way. I actually think that photo above is one that actually looks nice 

It would look even better if Christina weren't in the picture.  The other three girls are GORGEOUS despite the wonkiness of Brennan's eyes. 

(edited)

Christina has a pretty narrow face in that pic, but I think she looks good (I know I’m one of the few that kinda likes her, so probably unpopular opinion). I like the whole pic, despite the wonky eyes. Tess is absolutely destroying  it.  She looks amazing. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Christina has a pretty narrow face in that pic, but I think she looks good (I know I’m one of the few that kinda likes her, so probably unpopular opinion).

Yeah, it is unpopular, but I like her too 🙂

• Love 7

I've had 2 eye surgeries to keep mine from doing what Brennan's look like she's doing. In this case, it's actually an optical illusion. If you make the picture bigger you'll see the shadows and lights are hitting her eyes at the same place on each side---while appearing to be crossed. They're not. 

I rushed my eldest in after seeing a similar picture and that is how he taught me to check. Thankfully my girls missed that gene---eye surgery sucks! 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

So it appears that Bridget is no longer on Instagram at all. I clicked on her page and it told me “user not found.”

Maybe she was getting rude comments or had a stalker.  She might come back with a new account and privacy settings.  Or she was just tired of all the discussion about it.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Christina has a pretty narrow face in that pic, but I think she looks good (I know I’m one of the few that kinda likes her, so probably unpopular opinion). I like the whole pic, despite the wonky eyes. Tess is absolutely destroying  it.  She looks amazing. 

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, it is unpopular, but I like her too 🙂

So glad I am not alone in liking Christina!

• Love 6

I like Christina, because she kept try out over and over, and finally made it.   However, I never liked her older hairstyle, and she went too big with the new chest.    I'm worried about Daphne, she's so skeletal, and if the camera really adds ten pounds, then she's even worse off than she appears in the pictures.    

• Love 4
4 hours ago, edelweiss said:

I like Christina too!

I'm not a Christina fan but in the latest prep class video, she doesn't look that bad doing the country choreography. I think she has improved since she originally joined the team. She seems like a neat but not very exciting dancer, a blender.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm not a Christina fan but in the latest prep class video, she doesn't look that bad doing the country choreography. I think she has improved since she originally joined the team. She seems like a neat but not very exciting dancer, a blender.

I agree. I don't have strong feelings about Christina. She's pretty, a good dancer, seems to be nice and well thought of by the organization and her teammates. I'm fine with her being on the team.

Every year people hope and hope and hope that she'll get cut. I think those people will be disappointed again this year.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Where did you see this video?  Christina doesn’t bother me either, and I think she’s well liked by Kelli and Judy. 

Brennnan isn’t one of my favorites and (binge) watching season 13 over again, it really seemed like they would have cut her except that she was a known entity and the group leaders were all rooting for her. She’s not my fav in the looks department, has never really sparkles on the podcasts or when speaking and is not a dance stand out. I can’t say I’ve seen anything this season that has made me like her more so she’s one I could see cut - but I am scared to say that cuz I know she has lots of fans here!

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Stee said:

Where did you see this video?  Christina doesn’t bother me either, and I think she’s well liked by Kelli and Judy. 

Brennnan isn’t one of my favorites and (binge) watching season 13 over again, it really seemed like they would have cut her except that she was a known entity and the group leaders were all rooting for her. She’s not my fav in the looks department, has never really sparkles on the podcasts or when speaking and is not a dance stand out. I can’t say I’ve seen anything this season that has made me like her more so she’s one I could see cut - but I am scared to say that cuz I know she has lots of fans here!

I think she could get cut too.  I know nothing about dance but u guys seem to think she’s just ok.  She’s not attractive to me, though.  And she seems desperate which makes me not root for her.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stee said:

I am scared to say that cuz I know she has lots of fans here!

You don't like my Brennan???

giphy.gif

LOL but seriously, we all have our favorites and not so favorites..I STILL can't roll my eyes hard enough when I hear/see the name "Kashara", I get it 🙂

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
(edited)

I wonder how much first year nerves play into everything, along with the fear of the unknown.  Some gals may not stand out during their rookie season and then during their second year, they come out of their shell.  They have been thru all the firsts, they know what to do, they know what's expected.  Brennan just seems not to take it for granted, kind of hesitant, but she may surprise us all this next season.  I really, really hope she makes it.  She seems to be the kind of gal who could be a solid leader.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 8

That resort looks beautiful.  

I've been to Isla Mujeres on a day trip from Cancun but I didn't see that hotel/resort. I must have been at the not-so-glamorous, more economical part of the island. ☺️😛

5 minutes ago, Ninamags said:

That resort looks beautiful.  

I've been to Isla Mujeres on a day trip from Cancun but I didn't see that hotel/resort. I must have been at the not-so-glamorous, more economical part of the island. ☺️😛

There were complaints on FB about how they didn't go to Bimini, must be cutting costs, blah blah blah.  However, I would think it worked out being in Mexico what with the football draft happening during their trip.  Also, Kelli was describing how the meals worked - didn't have to make reservations, wear the wristbands, etc like you do at all inclusive resorts.  I would think that made it easier as well.  Plus, that water slide and lazy river were very popular with the girls, and they were able to hold camps.  It cracks me up how people complain where they go to shoot the calendar - after all, they don't get to go regardless of where it's at🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Not to mention the weather was beautiful for them while they were there, and it rained almost the entire trip in Bimini last time. I think all around Mexico worked out well for them this year 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Ninamags said:

Why did they stop going to the Riviera Maya/Cancun?

Probably different scenery and a good deal from Bimini, in regards to housing, meals, logistics, etc.  Remember the year they were planning on doing the shoot on a cruise ship?  That would have been just different.

1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Probably different scenery and a good deal from Bimini, in regards to housing, meals, logistics, etc.  Remember the year they were planning on doing the shoot on a cruise ship?  That would have been just different.

Can you imagine the chaos if half the girls got seasick?

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder how much first year nerves play into everything, along with the fear of the unknown.  Some gals may not stand out during their rookie season and then during their second year, they come out of their shell.  They have been thru all the firsts, they know what to do, they know what's expected.  Brennan just seems not to take it for granted, kind of hesitant, but she may surprise us all this next season.  I really, really hope she makes it.  She seems to be the kind of gal who could be a solid leader.

I think Tasha is a good example of this. Her rookie year I didn't like her at all, but she grew on me over time and really came into her own as a DCC. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think she was brought on the team because they want girls who are willing to say and think being a DCC is the be all, end all of the universe no matter what the cost is. They have been taking a lot of lumps due to Jenna, Erica, Holly, and Victoria. I do not see Brennan as a possible solid leader. She reminds me of a blender dancer who is shown to prove the DCCs are a bunch of good girls who talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to representing the organization the way Kelli and Charlotte want it to be.

14 hours ago, ByTor said:

You don't like my Brennan???

giphy.gif

LOL but seriously, we all have our favorites and not so favorites..I STILL can't roll my eyes hard enough when I hear/see the name "Kashara", I get it 🙂

I think it’s true that we all have our preferences; however, it seems like Brennan emerged more as a fan favorite vs. Christina.  I think part of Brennan’s appeal is the perception of her being wronged—especially given the team departures following Season 12.  I think the other part is that she has wonky eyes that limit photography.  I’ll speak for myself.  Unlike weight that can be dealt with, having a candidate disqualified for something they can’t help pulls at the heart strings.

I wonder how much the DCC organization monitors social media and this board to collect fan feedback.  I find it interesting that after all of the Shannon hate on this forum, we’ve not seen him cohost for some time.   It will be interesting to see if he’s replaced.  It will also be interesting to see if Weatherman Scott makes it back.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I think it’s true that we all have our preferences; however, it seems like Brennan emerged more as a fan favorite vs. Christina.  I think part of Brennan’s appeal is the perception of her being wronged—especially given the team departures following Season 12.  I think the other part is that she has wonky eyes that limit photography.  I’ll speak for myself.  Unlike weight that can be dealt with, having a candidate disqualified for something they can’t help pulls at the heart strings.

I wonder how much the DCC organization monitors social media and this board to collect fan feedback.  I find it interesting that after all of the Shannon hate on this forum, we’ve not seen him cohost for some time.   It will be interesting to see if he’s replaced.  It will also be interesting to see if Weatherman Scott makes it back.

I do not think Brennan was "wronged" in Season 12. If anyone was wronged, it was the three vets who were cut at finals for not allegedly bringing their A+ vet game to finals while Kelli and Charlotte knew about Jenna and Holly. I also do not buy Kelli feeling bad about not taking Brennan in Season 12. She wanted to keep Kalyssa, but Charlotte said cut her. Part of the reason why Alexandria left was due to the toxic environment aka toxic girls *cough Jenna cough* That is on Kelli and Charlotte, and I still think the major reason why they took Brennan was the fact she was the true blue yes girl they want on the team (someone who brought the hype about how wonderful, special, and a big honor and privilege it is to be a DCC and is willing to give up her life to being a DCC 24/7/365.)

And yes, we have seen Shelly on here. CMT, members of the organization, and the girls are reading the posts on here to collect fan feedback. CMT did a survey a few years ago about what the viewers and fans like and dislike on the show and brought in different things to show. I think there needs to be some major improvements be made especially since we are going into Season 14.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

I know I always yammer about how much I like Brennan, but I don't think I ever said why.  I do think she's very pretty, but the main thing is I just think she seems so nice.  The times she didn't make it, she never whined, she never made excuses, she didn't get a nasty attitude,.  She just cried and seemed really heartbroken, and it made me feel like going through the TV to give her a hug.  I actually cried when she was cut and when she made it.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, DCCFan197605 said:

Brennan comes off as mature, loving, friendly and all around nice person. I'd go to dinner with her and talk about dogs. 

Christina comes off as snotty, arrogant and full of herself. I would not hang with her. 

I had these opinions when they first came around the block, before the S12 drama even happened. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I know I always yammer about how much I like Brennan, but I don't think I ever said why.  I do think she's very pretty, but the main thing is I just think she seems so nice.  The times she didn't make it, she never whined, she never made excuses, she didn't get a nasty attitude,.  She just cried and seemed really heartbroken, and it made me feel like going through the TV to give her a hug.  I actually cried when she was cut and when she made it.

Awww......I have always appreciated your Brennan love.  That was just sweet.  Now if I could just get you to appreciate one of the best DCCs of all time...KASHARA!!!!  🙂  Just ribbing you!  I couldn't believe that they took Kash to TC.  She didn't look good at all that year.  Then the whole outfit disaster....  But she turned it around and became a true positive influence!  Of course, I appreciate a true accent :).

• Love 7

I think Brennan knows what to say and do to please TPTB. Christina and her I tried out for five years spiel gets on my last nerve, but I put 99.9% on CMT cramming it down our throats. In the case of Brennan and the perception of being "wronged", I put that on Kelli, Charlotte and CMT also. In my opinion, there have been girls who were "wronged" who did not make the team in the past who I think would have made a better DCC than Brennan.

37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I totally agree. Brennan has always been one of my favorites (even the years she didn’t make it), and it is solely because of the way she presents herself. She is one of the few that I follow on Instagram. She always seems happy, and genuine. She seems mature and sweet. She could be the polar opposite of those things in real life (I wouldn’t believe it, haha), but everything she has shown has been positive. I may be in the minority, but I love her look. She seems like one who is just happy to be on the team. If she never makes how group, group leader, or point, she seems as though just being on the team is enough. And I respect that a lot. I hope for great things for her. 

• Love 8
On 5/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, Stee said:

It's on Stephanie Di Biase's Instagram. It won't let me link it for some reason! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I like her because she's a little older than most of the girls, isn't she in the 30 club now? When I first started watching, there were a few women in their late 20s/early 30s on the team. Now they seem to be a little younger, straight out of university (sorry, college, I'm not American!). I'd love to know how they can afford to live in Dallas with little income. I've heard it's very expensive! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I totally agree with this.  I think that's why I didn't really care that Vivian, Auto Amy or Malena were cut - too much drama.

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Brennan comes off as mature, loving, friendly and all around nice person. I'd go to dinner with her and talk about dogs. 

Didn't Bridget move in with her when her engagement ended?  Very caring friend.  I would go to dinner with her and talk interior design.  She had some pics on her stories showing off some cute stuff she got for her house.

• Love 4
On 5/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, Stee said:

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

It's on Stephanie Di Biase's Instagram. It won't let me link it for some reason! 

Are you referring to this video?

• Love 2

Christina looks great in that video!  Truly. And I’ve never thought she was a standout either.  Im really excited for this year because I want to know who are going to be group leaders. My feeling is that a couple of them will surprise us - Lexie, Miranda and Lauren seem like obvious picks. But could Savannah, Christina or someone else surprise else?  Maybe even a 2nd year vet?   

• Love 5

I think group leaders will be Amy, Heather, Maddie and Tess. Assistant group leaders will be Lauren, Gina, Lexie, Rachel or Molly. I do not think Christina or Savannah would be group or asst. groups leaders.