Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think Hannah looks better in motion than she does in still pictures because she looks really good in the video

They got some amazing shots of Hannah.  I hope they give her one of the calendar covers to make up for the crappy cameo photo they chose for her last season.

• Love 5

Is Bridget not returning for a 2nd season? She’s changed her DCC profile picture and doesn’t mention it in her bio! Fingers crossed she is coming back because we love her!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Is Bridget not returning for a 2nd season? She’s changed her DCC profile picture and doesn’t mention it in her bio! Fingers crossed she is coming back because we love her!

I might cry if Bridget doesn't return.  She just went on the calendar shoot and her pics have been featured on DCC social media in the past week, so hopefully she's coming back.

• Love 5

Maybe Bridget does not feel the need to say she is a DCC 24/7/365. I say good for her if she does not wrap her life around being a DCC and wants to show other parts of her life on social media.

4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Her Twitter still says  DCC Bridget and her Facebook as well but her IG is private. Her facebook says she's now a paralegal as of November 2018 and no longer a vet tech. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Her Twitter still says  DCC Bridget and her Facebook as well but her IG is private. Her facebook says she's now a paralegal as of November 2018 and no longer a vet tech. 

Ah right, that seems like a bit of a career change. It seems practically impossible to have a career and be a DCC though. So time consuming. 

• Love 1
On 5/4/2019 at 9:55 AM, DCC-UK said:

Gosh, I hope this isn't true.   She is one of my faves. 

23 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think I saw some where online too she is getting married the same day as Lexie or maybe the day after.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Gosh, I hope this isn't true.   She is one of my faves. 

I think I saw some where online too she is getting married the same day as Lexie or maybe the day after.

I don’t think they are together anymore 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2019 at 9:21 AM, bigskygirl said:

Fans and viewers have been questioning the weight requirements since the start of the show, and Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte are not doing anything about it. Girls have become ill trying to fit into the uniform, and they refuse to change things aka girls of the same height have to weigh the same.

This is so irritating. My two daughters and I are all approximately 5’7. We weigh between 130-150. All of us look healthy, and none of us look “fat.” We all wear 2/4 (my 16 year), and 6/8 (my 23 year old and me.) she weights about 10 pounds more than me, my younger daughter 10 pounds less. I have super long legs and when I tell people how much I weigh (140-142), they say, “you do not.” 

If someone (*cough Kelli) asked me to get down to ,say 115-120, for my height. I’d have to live on black coffee, Diet Coke and air. It just won’t happen. I’ve weighed about 135 since 1995. 

There are healthier ways to measure bodies nowadays. I hardly ever use the scale. I went to the dr. In January is the only reason I know my approximate weight. 

I was super sick for years and not being able to eat almost killed me. My heart goes out to anyone who has experienced anything like that. I hope they are well.

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder how Kelli would feel if she was told she had to lose weight to keep her job, and if she did not lose it within a certain amount of time, she would be fired.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 11:52 AM, MrsEVH said:

Her facebook says she's now a paralegal as of November 2018 and no longer a vet tech. 

I"m interested to know more about this. As far as I know, becoming a paralegal requires specialized education that can take quite a while. I wonder how she managed to do this while also working as a vet tech, being a DCC, and participating in show group.

17 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder how Kelli would feel if she was told she had to lose weight to keep her job, and if she did not lose it within a certain amount of time, she would be fired.

She probably was when she was a DCC. And even if she wasn't, we know her BFF Tina was. Suzanne Mitchell was a more hardcore director than Kelli ever was.

Sometimes when you have to go through something really tough to achieve a goal, you become even more hardcore about everyone after you having to suffer through that same experience and meet those same requirements.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

I do not remember Kelli mentioning having to lose weight when she was a DCC. She was the first and only DCC being ask to come back without reauditioning. If he had to see Tina go through being told to slim down, she probably would be nicer about it when she calls girls into the office for weight issues. I think a big part of it comes from Charlotte because I bet Charlotte comes down hard on Kelli for girls who they consider too big for the uniform, partying, breaking the rules, etc. etc.

6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t think they are together anymore 

yeah, I think your right.  I noticed before her instagram went private that it appeared she was no longer wearing her ring, so I thought that was a possibility.  😢

51 minutes ago, cheeseslices said:

This picture just looks so stagey and disconnected to me. 

They really need to get rid of the “stand on your toes” pose. It looks ridiculous and unnatural. No one stands like that at the beach. They should just get taller girls to stand on the end if they want a more elongated look. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

They really need to get rid of the “stand on your toes” pose. It looks ridiculous and unnatural. No one stands like that at the beach. They should just get taller girls to stand on the end if they want a more elongated look. 

I agree. The “stand on your toes pose” has made many otherwise natural looking and beautiful pics look forced and awkward. I get that they are dancers, but the calendar shoot isn’t a dance. It’s girls at the beach. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MamaV said:

I agree. The “stand on your toes pose” has made many otherwise natural looking and beautiful pics look forced and awkward. I get that they are dancers, but the calendar shoot isn’t a dance. It’s girls at the beach. 

Right, and I don’t even know what the photographer is going for with the pose. Like, do they think it makes the girls look taller? If so, no! As you said, they’re not in a ballet class, so I’m at a loss. When it comes to the pictures where they’re pulling on their swimsuit bottoms (luckily, i don’t think we’ve seen many of those this year), I think it’s tacky, but I get that it’s supposed to be sexy in some sort of way. This — It’s just odd lol.

2 hours ago, cheeseslices said:

This picture just looks so stagey and disconnected to me. 

It look like it was photo shop to me. Like someone else said, the girls are cheerleaders, not models.

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I noticed during the podcast when they were doing the swimsuit fittings every girl went up on her toes to pose when it was her turn for pictures. 

15 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I noticed during the podcast when they were doing the swimsuit fittings every girl went up on her toes to pose when it was her turn for pictures. 

I would guess it's because being on your toes (like being in heels) makes your legs look longer and more defined. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (29).jpeg

I have to say Rachel (senior vet) looks STUNNING here! I've always thought she was pretty but a bit of a Plain Jane. Her bob makes her stand out more and I like her athletic figure. Plus she looks the most natural posing here! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I have to say Rachel (senior vet) looks STUNNING here! I've always thought she was pretty but a bit of a Plain Jane. Her bob makes her stand out more and I like her athletic figure. Plus she looks the most natural posing here! 

I don’t like this shot if Bridget. I didn’t realize her figure was so boxy, this pose is not doing her any favors.

• Love 6
On 4/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (29).jpeg

This picture is disturbing!!! She does not look one ounce attractive!!! I had an eating disorder when I was younger, and she definitely looks like she does too. I can't imagine K&J thinking this is attractive in any way!!

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

This picture is disturbing!!! She does not look one ounce attractive!!! I had an eating disorder when I was younger, and she definitely looks like she does too. I can't imagine K&J thinking this is attractive in any way!!

Sadly I wonder if they will cut her to protect the precious DCC brand. They kept Courtney Cook after her finals interview scene where she was showing signs something was terrible wrong. Kelli and Charlotte are more worried about their precious brand than the safety and well being of the girls.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly I wonder if they will cut her to protect the precious DCC brand. They kept Courtney Cook after her finals interview scene where she was showing signs something was terrible wrong. Kelli and Charlotte are more worried about their precious brand than the safety and well being of the girls.

I doubt she'll be cut for being too thin. This is the same TCC that got her own graduation with Char because she was missing hers. Not sure what Daphne's in with the DCC Organization is, but something told me she wasn't just a random rookie. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I doubt she'll be cut for being too thin. This is the same TCC that got her own graduation with Char because she was missing hers. Not sure what Daphne's in with the DCC Organization is, but something told me she wasn't just a random rookie. 

The graduation scene with Char was just a way to prove they are supportive of the girls, and they were showing how wonderful it was for a girl to give up going to her graduation in order to join their cult err...the squad because it is an honor and privilege to be part of one of the best entertainment teams in the whole wide universe. If it was not Daphne, they would have found another girl to make their point.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think they were impressed by her dancing and UCLA diploma. It's all about status for Charlotte. I think if RW wasn't the runner up to blah blah blah .... She would not have made It to finals.

Edited by BringItOn
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The graduation scene with Char was just a way to prove they are supportive of the girls, and they were showing how wonderful it was for a girl to give up going to her graduation in order to join their cult err...the squad because it is an honor and privilege to be part of one of the best entertainment teams in the whole wide universe. If it was not Daphne, they would have found another girl to make their point.

She wasn't the only graduating senior---the fact that they picked her said something. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

She wasn't the only graduating senior---the fact that they picked her said something. 

The fact is they decided to go it at all especially around the time former DCC Erica's lawsuit came out speaks more volume than who they decide to pick for the one scene. Damage Control 101.

4 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I agree with you. This photo shows a girl that is not at a healthy weight. It looks like she dieted way to much before the calendar shoot because I don’t remember any photos where she is this thin. I noticed a few of the girls that looked to have lost way to much weight before this shoot but nothing as bad as Daphne.  She is a beautiful girl and I hope that DCC did not encourage  the girls to loose weight for a photo shoot

2 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

In the season 13 premiere, Shelly is walking around with Nick Flores as he interviews some of the girls (Dayton and Victoria were both interviewed). He interviewed Daphne and she mentioned something about UCLA. And he said "Oh, is that where you're from?" Shelly nodded and said "yes." So she clearly knew who she was before auditions. Not sure if that's just from the application process or what but it seemed like she knew her.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

In the season 13 premiere, Shelly is walking around with Nick Flores as he interviews some of the girls (Dayton and Victoria were both interviewed). He interviewed Daphne and she mentioned something about UCLA. And he said "Oh, is that where you're from?" Shelly nodded and said "yes." So she clearly knew who she was before auditions. Not sure if that's just from the application process or what but it seemed like she knew her.

I agree. I remember Shelley B mentioning how she recruits girls from various schools. I think that 50% of the rookies are preselected. The college cheer world is small.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I would guess it's because being on your toes (like being in heels) makes your legs look longer and more defined. 

For sure think this is why....and if I was getting my picture taken in a bikini (ha!), I'd be posing that way too.

10/10 would stand on tiptoes.giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, sleepyjean said:

I"m interested to know more about this. As far as I know, becoming a paralegal requires specialized education that can take quite a while. I wonder how she managed to do this while also working as a vet tech, being a DCC, and participating in show group.

There are no specific educational requirements for paralegals.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:28 PM, sleepyjean said:

Seems like the AAIA have a better chance of making it to training camp than girls from any of the other local teams. Except perhaps the Mavs Dancers.

She looks very sinewy and hard-bodied but not unhealthy or bony. She has clearly worked very hard to get there. There's a fan base for that look. I prefer a softer look, but I'm glad there is some variety in body types (admittedly within a very narrow range) on the team.

I don't either.

I'm feeling optimistic this year. I think they'll all make it back.

I feel the same...I think this is the year they all make it back! Wasn't there another season/year that everyone made it back? That would certainly make for a strong team.

Watched the podcast at 11 no Shannon lol kelli co hosted today they talked and calendar lexi wedding little bit abt auditions that start next weekend 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Watched the podcast at 11 no Shannon lol kelli co hosted today they talked and calendar lexi wedding little bit abt auditions that start next weekend 

Yay!

1 hour ago, YellowRose said:

I feel the same...I think this is the year they all make it back! Wasn't there another season/year that everyone made it back? That would certainly make for a strong team.

Season 5 all the reauditioning vets made it back. Two year vet Amy Reese was cut during TC, and four vets were called in for weight gain.

I think at least one or two girls will be cut.

I don't think all will make it back, I have a feeling at least 2 will be cut if not more, but I don't feel like it's a cut and dry case like it maybe has been in the past. I don't see any 3 yr or higher vets being cut though, I could totally see the 1 & 2 year vets being in trouble. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I don't think all will make it back, I have a feeling at least 2 will be cut if not more, but I don't feel like it's a cut and dry case like it maybe has been in the past. I don't see any 3 yr or higher vets being cut though, I could totally see the 1 & 2 year vets being in trouble. 

I think Kelli needs to keep in mind that 3+ year vets, such as Amy & Maddie, might retire, therefore leaving leadership to 2 year vets, such as Gina and Miranda, for the following season.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

I think Kelli needs to keep in mind that 3+ year vets, such as Amy & Maddie, might retire, therefore leaving leadership to 2 year vets, such as Gina and Miranda, for the following season.

There have been squads in the past where there were more one year girls and rookies than girls with three or more years in, and they manage to survive. Amy is going for her fifth year and just got married, so I can see her retiring next year. The team will survive if Maddie and/or Amy decide to call it a day.

28 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

Who do you think could be cut