Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 4/28/2019 at 1:51 PM, go4luca said:

I wish they would come up with another way to pose the girls.  The squatting on the knees laying in the sand, et al, are all tired and so late 80's.  As many here have noted, the girls (and swimsuits), look much better in the candid snaps.

Completely agree. I'm sick of the same three poses.

On 4/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, go4luca said:

My thoughts exactly.  The Sheena of the Jungle look for the woman of color. 🙄

I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it until you pointed it out..and I still don't really see anything wrong.

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I agree with Bytor that Hannah is one of the least photogenic girls. Every picture I see of her she looks rough.

She really is. I think it's the way she smiles. 

• Love 2

Realistically some of these returning vets are at risk for getting cut at auditions. After the calendar shoot - do you see anyone more or less at risk? Did it help or hurt anyone?

6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Realistically some of these returning vets are at risk for getting cut at auditions. After the calendar shoot - do you see anyone more or less at risk? Did it help or hurt anyone?

Unless they get on Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte's shit list between the shoot and finals, the vets probably would make it back. I think at one girl would be cut.

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I think a couple of them are but probably not the senior vets. Gabby certainly is at risk and the photo of her on the DCC Insta is not particularly flattering. I've always thought Christina and Savannah were borderline but they are lacking 2+ year vets so they should be safe. Maybe Taylor? It all depends on who has field presence and if anyone fluffs up their interview usually! If someone's been on weight warning, that's usually an indicator too so maybe Maddie needs to be careful?

• Love 1

There have been girls who did not look great during the calendar shoot who made it back on the squad. They have until the end of May to get back in shape and get their DCC ducks in a roll before finals.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:02 AM, ByTor said:

Yep, and now I understand more than ever why so many of her Ice Angels don't make it.

Seems like the AAIA have a better chance of making it to training camp than girls from any of the other local teams. Except perhaps the Mavs Dancers.

15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Erin just posted some pics on instagram a few minutes ago. I don't know how to post them on here but she's looking pretty bony too in them. 

She looks very sinewy and hard-bodied but not unhealthy or bony. She has clearly worked very hard to get there. There's a fan base for that look. I prefer a softer look, but I'm glad there is some variety in body types (admittedly within a very narrow range) on the team.

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it until you pointed it out..and I still don't really see anything wrong.

I don't either.

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm feeling optimistic this year. I think they'll all make it back.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Seems like the AAIA have a better chance of making it to training camp than girls from any of the other local teams. Except perhaps the Mavs Dancers.

She looks very sinewy and hard-bodied but not unhealthy or bony. She has clearly worked very hard to get there. There's a fan base for that look. I prefer a softer look, but I'm glad there is some variety in body types (admittedly within a very narrow range) on the team.

I don't either.

I'm feeling optimistic this year. I think they'll all make it back.

That’s no fun! I want cuts.  

I’m in the minority because I think Hannah is very photogenic.  I like that pissy look tho haha

Edited by pizzaandcatsrlife
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

That’s no fun! I want cuts.  

I’m in the minority because I think Hannah is very photogenic.  I like that pissy look tho haha

I don't see what's wrong with a dramatic look.  That one of Hannah in the blue suit with the dark background - I mean, that's a quick grab the camera before we lose the clouds kind of pic.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Seems like the AAIA have a better chance of making it to training c&amp than girls from any of the other local teams. Except perhaps the Mavs Dancers.

She is bordering on unhealthy, though,  because of lack of body fat. If she stays where she is at, she's probably fine. Any more, and she'll join those with their ribs sticking out.

Women need at least 15% body fat and the experts say anything below 15% leads to period loss, osteoporosis, fatigue, etc. From the pictures, it looks like she has just concentrated on her abs, so her arms and legs don't have that defined look -- and hopefully some of the fat her body needs (you need 3% just to survive).

I saw a show eons ago about women body builders/fitness competitors. The thing I remember from the show was that they said that they could only do it at the top competitive levels for a few years because it was actually destroying their bodies instead of making them healthier. They had the sculpted, well defined "healthy" look on the outside, but it was destroying their insides.

The chart I found gave these percentages:

Top athletes: 15-20%

Fit women: 21-24%

Healthy/acceptable: 25-32%

Overweight: 33% plus

Edited by hannahbanana
On 4/29/2019 at 7:32 AM, Kayce said:

Where did you find them at? 🙂

I've loved every shot I've seen of Brennan...she looks like she's having the time of her life! Plus she is rocking the suits 🙂

OMG...YES YES YES!!!!!!  I can't like this too many times!!

www.consuelastyle.com 

8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I thought she was Kelsey for a minute. 

Respectfully, no way!  I consider Kelsey to be legendary in terms of being photogenic/looking amazing on camera.  But I think Taylor has achieved a nice healthy thin look and not gone too extreme.

As for Hannah, she didn't stand out to me in this group of rookies. But I think if she stays a few more years she might become one of my faves based on looks and personality.  I think her look is more like a model and maybe not best enhanced in a super smiley beachy swimsuit DCC style shoot... she would be a DCC that could do a fashion editorial or something of that nature.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JerseyGirl said:

I loved these bag when the DCC showed them off last week.  I searched Mercari and purchased one myself!

I just searched Mercari and all of the ones I like are already sold...but thank you for posting this site...I will keep an eye out!! 🙂

17 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I love Bridget.  But don't think this is all that great of a photo of her.  Her foundation doesn't match the rest of her body.

image1 (29).jpeg

I agree.. it’s as if the makeup artist didn’t know what to do with a girl who wasn’t overly tan lol

pose and smile are great though, a lot more natural than some other ones I’ve seen

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I love Bridget.  But don't think this is all that great of a photo of her.  Her foundation doesn't match the rest of her body.

image1 (29).jpeg

What's going on round her boob/armpit??? surely they should have smoothed that out in post production?!

• Love 1

Just got caught up from calendar..... 

1. I would like an entire calendar with just Heather. She is stunning and the most natural model on the team. She is literally perfect. Expressions, hair, poses, makeup, EVERYTHING is perfect. 

2. Why won’t they just let Savannah smile? She is so beautiful with a simple smile. She looks gassy when she does the sexy facial expressions. Thank you, next. 

3. Gina gurl I’m your biggest fan, but your hair is too blonde and you need Victoria to share her milkshakes with you. Her shots last year were some of my favorites, but I feel let down this year. 

4. I love daphne but in no way is she looking healthy. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

1. I would like an entire calendar with just Heather. She is stunning and the most natural model on the team. She is literally perfect. Expressions, hair, poses, makeup, EVERYTHING is perfect. 

I hope this year Heather makes the cover of the Star, becomes a Group Leader, makes point or triangle, and maybe even makes PB Girl (although Amy would be good for that too).   She’s been my favorite since her first season, when Kelli kept calling her pastel. She is NOT pastel in these swimsuit pictures - she is smoulderinf hot fire fire fire !

• Love 15
6 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

image1 (29).jpeg

Good to NOT see underboob cleavage. Fix your top Gina.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

2. Why won’t they just let Savannah smile? She is so beautiful with a simple smile. She looks gassy when she does the sexy facial expressions. Thank you, next. 

3. Gina gurl I’m your biggest fan, but your hair is too blonde and you need Victoria to share her milkshakes with you. Her shots last year were some of my favorites, but I feel let down this year. 

4. I love daphne but in no way is she looking healthy. 

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Agreed! Heather absolutely KILLED this photo shoot!! Savannah has a beautiful smile but looks so damn weird when she tries the sexy look...they need to STOP!!!  It's not her fault...she's just doing what she's told to do.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Who is the girl in between Yuko and Kashara?  Is it Danielle? Also who is the blonde on the right side of Jessika?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Who is the girl in between Yuko and Kashara?  Is the Danielle?

Yes.  And Nicole, Amy T and Jessica are missing from the photo, but they were there as well

42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes.  And Nicole, Amy T and Jessica are missing from the photo, but they were there as well

I could have looked at that picture for the rest of my life and not known that was Danielle. She looks so different. She’s beautiful, but looks different than I remember her. JMHO

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Who is the girl in between Yuko and Kashara?  Is it Danielle? Also who is the blonde on the right side of Jessika?

Tasha is the one on the right side of Jessika.  

3 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Maddie and Hannah look good to me in that video. It was nice seeing Briana as well. Didn't care too much for Taylor. And haven't we seen enough of Lexie? Ha

Hannah reminds me of Sophie Turner. 

• Love 8
On 4/30/2019 at 3:15 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Erm Danielle looks like this is her rookie year pictures, well the first 2 pictures made me think "oh look its Danielle's rookie year pictures"

• Love 1
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Maddie and Hannah look good to me in that video. It was nice seeing Briana as well. Didn't care too much for Taylor. And haven't we seen enough of Lexie? Ha

Im not a Maddie fan but she looks amazing in this video

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

NOW I understand what people see in Hannah.  

WOWZER!  This vid just confirmed that what they've shown us so far have been the shit shots!  This is going to be a WOW year.  And Hannah, yes!  I didn't see it before, but those shots.....

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Newmanbritt said:

Briana steals the show for me. Absolutely stunning 

Briana is one of my fave rookies, Brennan and Bridget are my other faves (lol coincidence they all have names that start with "Br....." ) 🙂

I think not !!

• Love 2

If they wanted to, they could definitely have a calendar that’s just Heather and the rookies. The other returning vet pics that have been posted just aren’t great compared to some of the rookies IMO. It’s too bad, especially in regards to Gina, who was great last year, but with her hair and the weight loss, her pics are nowhere near as strong this year.

• Love 4