Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Annette said:

Rachel has sent an apology to each of her teammates.  Several were understandably upset by her choice to wear "brown-face" while attempting to dress as Bruno Mars.

Having competed at Miss America & even finished as a runner-up,  SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.  She is from the South & still thought painting or tanning her white face brown, was a good idea for a Halloween costume.  

I am NOT impressed.

Thank you.  It was obvious that those in attendance knew the truth about whether it was ‘bad lighting’ or she had darkened her face (which I thought was obvious).

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Aggielife said:

Thank you.  It was obvious that those in attendance knew the truth about whether it was ‘bad lighting’ or she had darkened her face (which I thought was obvious).

Well, we don't know for sure if it was for 1) making the choice to wear dark makeup and now knowing it is offensive and being sorry, or 2) for not wearing makeup but still looking accidentally offensive in pics and still saying she's sorry it came off that way. KWIM?

An apology is a start for awareness though. Good for her for having the sense to recognize her mistake. 

• Love 6

Thought I'd share this video that Loren (cheered 2014-16) posted of the 2016 squad performing the Halloween Halftime Routine. This is the second year that they have not done it. 

Happy Belated Halloween! ??

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 4

Not sure if this is the right forum, but the documentary “Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders” is now available on Amazon Video, for rent or sale.  Since I doubt the movie will hit the theatres in semi-rural Minnesota, I bought it and it was very good.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Thought I'd share this video that Loren (cheered 2014-16) of the 2016 squad performing the Halloween Halftime Routine. This is the second year that they have not done it. 

Happy Belated Halloween! ??

Ugh I forgot HOW GOOD Melissa was. She's outdancing JennK at point. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Aggielife said:

Rachel W has deleted all her Halloween pictures from her Instagram. They were up until about an hour ago. ?

Oh Rachel, the internet is forever. 

Hannah as Kim Possible is everything to me. 

12 hours ago, rose711 said:

That’s beautiful. I may steal that idea for next year.

who is the girl in the photo with her and who is she trying to be? 

A lot of these photos the girls look like they aren’t really trying.

That is Hannah as Kim Possible. 

• Love 3

So, I didn't name RW as a 'one and done' girl, but I think she may be. 

And if she were forced to issue an apology and if her own teammates were upset with her, then I hope she learned and grows from this experience. I don't think she is a terrible person, but I think she didn't think about her actions very clearly. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

And if she were forced to issue an apology and if her own teammates were upset with her, then I hope she learned and grows from this experience. I don't think she is a terrible person, but I think she didn't think about her actions very clearly. 

I think it is probably very similar to what happened with Whitney — just a not bright girl who was grew up in a community where this stuff was acceptable.  It’s entirely possible she had no ill intent — but she is just an idiot and has never been surrounded by people who know better.

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Annette said:

Rachel has sent an apology to each of her teammates.  Several were understandably upset by her choice to wear "brown-face" while attempting to dress as Bruno Mars.

Having competed at Miss America & even finished as a runner-up,  SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.  She is from the South & still thought painting or tanning her white face brown, was a good idea for a Halloween costume.  

I am NOT impressed.

5 hours ago, Aggielife said:

1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Who was upset with her? Because there were clearly people there taking pictures with her and of her. They all looked happy & having fun. I'm not saying there wasn't anyone not upset with her, but seems to me if they really thought she had darkened her face, someone there should have shut her down (at least let her know she needed a different costume/to go wash her face) & not taken pics with/of her.

Seems to me they didn't have a problem with it, but she was told to apologize bY TPTB. But, again, it's still not clear if she darkened her face or the TPTB told her she needed to apologize because, given her over-tanned skin tone, it was not a good choice.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Who was upset with her? Because there were clearly people there taking pictures with her and of her. They all looked happy & having fun. I'm not saying there wasn't anyone not upset with her, but seems to me if they really thought she had darkened her face, someone there should have shut her down (at least let her know she needed a different costume/to go wash her face) & not taken pics with/of her.

Seems to me they didn't have a problem with it, but she was told to apologize bY TPTB. But, again, it's still not clear if she darkened her face or the TPTB told her she needed to apologize because, given her over-tanned skin tone, it was not a good choice.

People also took pictures with Whitney and insiders revealed that there were some offended by what she had done. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Athena775 said:

Looks like Dora the Explorer.  That is Map in her backpack.

Yeah I was looking at pics earlier and wondering who Taylor was supposed to be then I noticed the map in her backpack, and remembered that someone posted a video where she was acting like Dora. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Ugh I forgot HOW GOOD Melissa was. She's outdancing JennK at point. 

Melissa, in my eyes, is one of the best of the best DCC ever (right up there with Kashara ((controversial? Maybe.)). She had the technique, the look, the power, and the pop.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I think when it comes down to it, just about any Halloween costume can be found offensive if a reason is looked for. Some of these girls are very young and not completely educated in the ways of the world. They also have little idea how harsh the court of public opinion can be. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I would like to think Rachel was naive in her costume choice. I am glad she did the best she could at fixing the situation. She needs to delete all that stuff off her Twitter STAT. Very easy for readers to think what is on your Twitter is your opinion, like it or not.

I just truly don’t understand how it’s possible — elementary school children know this is not ok.

She has a crappy character, and has’t been called out on it until now. 

The thing is — I am not sure TPTB disagree with her politics all that much, or think it is that much of risk with their fan base.

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

I just truly don’t understand how it’s possible — elementary school children know this is not ok.

She has a crappy character, and has’t been called out on it until now. 

The thing is — I am not sure TPTB disagree with her politics all that much, or think it is that much of risk with their fan base.

Yeah, especially in this day and age.  The Megyn Kelly fiasco just happened..... and if Rachel's twitter is an accurate reflection of the media that she consumes and agrees with (and it's certainly her right to believe and have whatever political beliefs she wants), then she has probably been fed a steady diet of commentary that these "rules" are just silly PC rules, drummed up by the unreasonable, liberal mob. Hence why I also doubt that she really didn't know that her costume might be offensive. My guess is that she didn't care and apologized to save her standing with her teammates and because she was told to. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I think when it comes down to it, just about any Halloween costume can be found offensive if a reason is looked for. Some of these girls are very young and not completely educated in the ways of the world. They also have little idea how harsh the court of public opinion can be. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I would like to think Rachel was naive in her costume choice. I am glad she did the best she could at fixing the situation. She needs to delete all that stuff off her Twitter STAT. Very easy for readers to think what is on your Twitter is your opinion, like it or not.

I think I would be more willing to give Rachel W the benefit of the doubt, if she didn't come out of the Miss America circuit. Those ladies go through social media awareness, as does the DCC, because of their position. Even as the 1st Runner Up, she knew she represented the state of South Carolina. It would have been much easier for me to overlook someone like Taylor J or Alanna, who hasn't grown up being taught how to watch your words, think before you speak, know your audience...etc. 

1 hour ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Hmm, maybe VK>Rachel

Ehhh...let's not go that far. Bring back Tara or Lily though---now Kelli F has a serious regret for this year. 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, especially in this day and age.  The Megyn Kelly fiasco just happened..... and if Rachel's twitter is an accurate reflection of the media that she consumes and agrees with (and it's certainly her right to believe and have whatever political beliefs she wants), then she has probably been fed a steady diet of commentary that these "rules" are just silly PC rules, drummed up by the unreasonable, liberal mob. Hence why I also doubt that she really didn't know that her costume might be offensive. My guess is that she didn't care and apologized to save her standing with her teammates and because she was told to. 

This is what I would wager. 

59 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

And people thought we wouldn't have something to talk about after the show was done ;)

Hahahahaha! 

Edited by Loves2Dance
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I agree that Halloween costumes are just trouble waiting to happen nowadays.   Especially for adults.  I know the vast majority people don’t intentially set out to offend, but I see A LOT of really stupid decisions posted online every year at this time.

I swear it would be less offensive to go as a penis and/or vagina than some of these things people come up with.    My most shocking one was two years ago a woman who is an elementary school teacher in our area had a costume in a sombrero w/ a mustache and tan face w/ a tequila bottle - had it all over social media.  Not sure if she got in trouble with the school or not, but she should have.

Another thing I don’t like is all the sexy versions of the various occupations - many of which are public service related.   Those are just degrading sometimes.  Like a sexy nurse, sexy cop, sexy firewoman...also sexy school girl which is even more twisted if you think about it.  Smh.  And why are ladies always done up like sex objects but men aren’t???   Okay I’ll digress now, but I just feel like Halloween should be for little kids and all the dressing up should stop once you stop trick or treating.  Maybe I’m just old ;).  Haha.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I agree with you. I am all for political freedom and having a voice/doing your own research, but you have to consider your desire to be open politically with the job who choose to take. As a soldier, my husband could vote any which way he wanted to, but would you see him in uniform on the corner holding up a sign? Never. Would he re-tweet or share divisive messages on his social media? No. 

Like it or not, Rachael accepted the uniform and the platform that afforded her. And it'd be one thing if this was old tweets before training camp, but this is from October. And she's re-tweeting tweets that make fun and mock Dr. Ford---a woman who survived sexual assault---politics aside, that's not cool. 

It'll be interesting to see if Kelli actually does anything---unlike Whitney, this could be a much larger scandal on her hands if a news organization picks this up. 

And I have to wonder if Kelly bothered to look at Rachel's Twitter feed during TC. In past season's there have been segments where she has called in both Rookies, and Vets, and asked about questionable FB and Twitter content.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Muckypup61 said:

And I have to wonder if Kelly bothered to look at Rachel's Twitter feed during TC. In past season's there have been segments where she has called in both Rookies, and Vets, and asked about questionable FB and Twitter content.

I can’t believe they did not, which I why I am left to assume Kelli, the Jones and the Cowboys endorse that kind of rhetoric.

Either they endorse it, or they lie to the degree the vet it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Muckypup61 said:

Her more questionable material is from the time the team was announced to current. She may have washed her twitter down during TCC, but thought that she could get away with it now that she was on the team. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Kelli was too busy running damage control for VK to do any real work like maintaining the organization's squeaky clean image.

• Love 2

Oh my goodness, does anyone watch RHOD? Brandi (? spelling) was a DCC for five years and now is a real housewife of Dallas. During one of her confessionals, she said she use to smell a lot of smelly twats during line kicks?. Sure she offended some of her prior cheer team members although she meant it to be funny. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

I get Brennan and Heather mixed up a lot.  Would swear that is Brennan in the front row of the group  photo.  Anyone else see it? 

Please, Brennan looks like Heather's underdeveloped little sister.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:01 PM, Loves2Dance said:

Rachel is really tanned---over tanned, imo, so I can't tell if she's added to this or it's the lighting. But I think it's important to remember that Bruno Mars is not actually black, so while I think it's a poor choice of costume given her job I'm not sure it reaches to the level of the last scandal. For reference, Bruno Mars is half Puerto Rican half Phillippino. 

rach.JPG

rachelwyatt.JPG

If this didn't label Brennan, I would have never figured out who this was. Her costume was on point.

brennan.JPG

She's easier to look at when her eyes are covered up. Just saying.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Her more questionable material is from the time the team was announced to current. She may have washed her twitter down during TCC, but thought that she could get away with it now that she was on the team. 

I didn’t realize that the girls were allowed to have a personal Twitter, along with their DCC twitter handle. I dont recall ever seeing that with any cheerleader before. Usually when they’re off the team, the account reverts to their pre-DCC account.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I didn’t realize that the girls were allowed to have a personal Twitter, along with their DCC twitter handle. I dont recall ever seeing that with any cheerleader before. Usually when they’re off the team, the account reverts to their pre-DCC account.

No, most of the girls have their own personal accounts. Their DCC accounts are run by the organization, when they're off the team they disappear. 

2 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

No, most of the girls have their own personal accounts. Their DCC accounts are run by the organization, when they're off the team they disappear. 

That isn’t always how it was though. The first year they did twitter handles, they had them change their personal handles to the DCC handles. That is how everyone found out who was cut so quickly — they would immediately change back to the personal handle.

I still remember the magical night Paige’s suddenly changed out of nowhere lol.

15 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

That isn’t always how it was though. The first year they did twitter handles, they had them change their personal handles to the DCC handles. That is how everyone found out who was cut so quickly — they would immediately change back to the personal handle.

I still remember the magical night Paige’s suddenly changed out of nowhere lol.

Yeah, and long after Holly and Erica has been kicked off/left but before the show aired, the DCCs had still not released their DCC twitter accounts, so Holly went and created her own account. Some ppl on here viewed that as an F You to the DCCs, but if they’re allowed to have their own personal accounts, then that puts it in a different light. 

43 minutes ago, MamaMia said:

I get Brennan and Heather mixed up a lot.  Would swear that is Brennan in the front row of the group  photo.  Anyone else see it? 

I definitely think they resemble each other.  I also think Brennan looks a lot like former DCC Whitney.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Please, Brennan looks like Heather's underdeveloped little sister.

She's easier to look at when her eyes are covered up. Just saying.

It’s mean, but that was my reaction as well ;).  If only she could dance in those sunglasses and with a closed mouth smile she’d be a lot more “fun to watch” as a DCC.

51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I definitely think they resemble each other.  I also think Brennan looks a lot like former DCC Whitney.

IMO the former DCC that Brennan resembles is Sarah Gorley.  Especially in photos like her cameo. 

• Love 1

Folks, the political leanings of people on DCC are not up for discussion here - it just leads to discussion of personal politics, and has nothing to do with what has been shown on the show. We allow latitude between seasons on what is discussed, and are fine with discussion of social media, but politics remains off-limits. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

IMO the former DCC that Brennan resembles is Sarah Gorley.

Now that you mention it, I kind of see it myself.  Of course, I always liked Sarah :)

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

@EricaShadows - Was that the Raiders cheerleaders? It was fantastic, whoever it was.

Nope, those were the Brigham Young University Cougerettes from Utah (and the college mascot).  They've won several national dance championships in different styles at the National Dance Alliance competition as well as competed at several other nationally (and internationally) recognized competitions.  From what I understand, they attract over 100 dancers for a team of 16 to 18 girls.  I remember reading somewhere that they must have knowledge of, and experience in, modern, ballet and jazz, but be able to pick up several other styles as needed.

• Love 4