Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I admit it. I was very judgmental about Tasha while watching the show her first year. Pretty sure I called her a Real Housewife and/or spoiled in the first or second episode thread. 🙈 But quite honestly as we got to know her through the show a little bit that first season, I started to warm up. She’s so cute and sweet with her daughter, and she definitely became one of my favorites.  I think maybe I judged her beauty, Barbi pink lipstick and the “Trophy Wife” t-shirts that other posters would link from her Instagram on here and what I *thought* she was like instead of what she is like IRL. I like to think we’ve both matured (although I’m probably still pretty judgy). 

I could have written this myself. I felt much the same way. Esp. when I saw the romance novel cover-type photos with her husband. And the "People told me my life was over and that really hurt me!" even though she had just said she felt that way herself when she found out she was pregnant in high school. BUT I've warmed up to her, too. I really felt for her when she came back having gained weight after her first season. I am no dancer but I know how my body reacted when I hit my late 20s. Everything changed. So she faced her issues and lost the weight. Gotta give her props for that. But I can see how after three years of this, she might want to hang up her poms and move on.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

IMO the podcast today was an ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME!!!!!  It took 40 minutes until the 1st "DCC question" was asked and 2 minutes later, they went into the 2nd commercial break.... 

To save you the trouble:  Rachel A. and Molly are re-auditioning.

Yay! Molly is a fave, and I think Rachel is such a good dancer.

• Love 4

Why is Shannon still involved with the podcast? Do any of the current girls have interests or majors in journalism? Let them run it themselves, or have someone with actual knowledge of the DCC take part. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Why is Shannon still involved with the podcast? Do any of the current girls have interests or majors in journalism? Let them run it themselves, or have someone with actual knowledge of the DCC take part. 

I have been waiting to post my 2 cents on the podcast.  I do not live in Texas.  I watch DCC Making the Team.  I follow this board but I am by no means an expert on DCC.  I do, however, seem to know WAY MORE about the DCC than Shannon and Courtney combined.  I mostly listen, while driving or walking my dogs.  Sometimes I manage to watch on FB.  Courtney needs to pay attention and quit messing with her phone(s) and quit messing with her clothes and hair.  I am also not a Christina fan but I thought she rocked the guest host position last week.  She had a note pad with notes and asked insightful interesting questions.  I say she should not re-audition and be given the role as host of the podcast, she outdid Courtney by a mile and as for Shannon, as noted above, why is he still involved?

Edited by J-R
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, J-R said:

I have been waiting to post my 2 cents on the podcast.  I do not live in Texas.  I watch DCC Making the Team.  I follow this board but I am by no means an expert on DCC.  I do, however, seem to know WAY MORE about the DCC than Shannon and Courtney combined.  I mostly listen, while driving or walking my dogs.  Sometimes I manage to watch on FB.  Courtney needs to pay attention and quit messing with her phone(s) and quit messing with her clothes and hair.  I am also not a Christina fan but I thought she rocked the guest host position last week.  She had a note pad with notes and asked insightful interesting questions.  I say she should not re-audition and be given the role as host of the podcast, she outdid Courtney by a mile and as for Shannon, as noted above, why is he still involved?

I like Kristi Scales and Nikki Harrison from the 5pointsblue podcast.  They are professional.  They focus on their guests, have an idea of what they want to ask and treat the guests as guests.  Courtney always mentions how they hang out, text each other, etc, and it turns into giggly girl talk.  And yes, she spends to much times on her phone, as does Shannon.  When the show was on, Shannon would want to talk about something and Courtney would tell him they couldn't cause it was a spoiler.  They need to discuss that before they start the show.  And why do we need to hear why Heather and Kash refer to themselves as the Olsen twins.  Why do we need to discuss the same topic for most of the show.  If you are going to have two guests, have an equal amount of questions for both.  If you have a guest who is rambling, learn to cut her off and get everyone back on topic - sorry KaShara:(

Let's bring on some alumni, some All Stars - do something different.  A current DCC with an alumni.  How about someone who was a DCC before the show began.  Bring on Shelly - former DCC who works for the organization now.  Bring on Shelly McCaslin - what does she look for when recruiting.  Choreographers - how do you choreograph for the DCC - how do you pick music, style, etc.  There are so many ways to make this podcast more interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like Kristi Scales and Nikki Harrison from the 5pointsblue podcast.  They are professional.  They focus on their guests, have an idea of what they want to ask and treat the guests as guests.  Courtney always mentions how they hang out, text each other, etc, and it turns into giggly girl talk.  And yes, she spends to much times on her phone, as does Shannon.  When the show was on, Shannon would want to talk about something and Courtney would tell him they couldn't cause it was a spoiler.  They need to discuss that before they start the show.  And why do we need to hear why Heather and Kash refer to themselves as the Olsen twins.  Why do we need to discuss the same topic for most of the show.  If you are going to have two guests, have an equal amount of questions for both.  If you have a guest who is rambling, learn to cut her off and get everyone back on topic - sorry KaShara:(

Let's bring on some alumni, some All Stars - do something different.  A current DCC with an alumni.  How about someone who was a DCC before the show began.  Bring on Shelly - former DCC who works for the organization now.  Bring on Shelly McCaslin - what does she look for when recruiting.  Choreographers - how do you choreograph for the DCC - how do you pick music, style, etc.  There are so many ways to make this podcast more interesting.

I second that.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I 100% agree and I will have to listen to the 5pointsblue podcast.  All of your suggestions are spot on.  

• Love 4

IMO. Shannon gives off this "fish out of water" uncomfortable vibe. Maybe their beauty makes him uncomfortable? Maybe he'd rather be interviewing Cowboys? IDK.

I also didn't realize how awful Courtney is at interviewing DCCs till Miranda, Christina, and Kristi Scales hosted. 

Both Shannon and Courtney talk about themselves WAY TOO MUCH and I find that disconcerting.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TexasBorn said:

IMO. Shannon gives off this "fish out of water" uncomfortable vibe. Maybe their beauty makes him uncomfortable? Maybe he'd rather be interviewing Cowboys? IDK.

I also didn't realize how awful Courtney is at interviewing DCCs till Miranda, Christina, and Kristi Scales hosted. 

Thank you for reminding me!  I still haven't listened to that one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Both Shannon and Courtney talk about themselves WAY TOO MUCH and I find that disconcerting.

I agree about Shannon and the "fish out of water" vibe.  Now that you mention it, I get the same vibe from Courtney.  It is even more noticeable when you watch.  She is constantly fidgeting, her hair, her headphones, her phone, her clothes.  It is obvious she is uncomfortable/insecure.  Even when talking her way through the interview, she is awkward.

Edited by J-R
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

2 hours ago, J-R said:

I agree about Shannon and the "fish out of water" vibe.  Now that you mention it, I get the same vibe from Courtney.  It is even more noticeable when you watch.  She is constantly fidgeting, her hair, her headphones, her phone, her clothes.  It is obvious she is uncomfortable/insecure.  Even when talking her way through the interview, she is awkward.

This week's edition was hard to listen/watch.  It had the feel of a bad sleepover - giggle, giggle.  I'll tolerate Shannon over Courtney any day.  Seems like Courtney focuses on being friends with the ladies on the team more than being a journalist for them.  Shannon at least will get in a couple of those questions that we want to know.  

The week Brennan was on,  Courtney selected my question to ask Brennan (yay a first for me).  She couldn't read my name on my account and said the question came from "someone". 😝 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

This times a hundred. Shannon and Courtney don’t conduct the podcast like an interview - they spend half the time talking about themselves and sometimes we learn nothing new about the DCC except what they like on their pizza or if they are single. I’m surprised Kelli allows Shannon and Courtney to continue to host the show because it’s a huge disservice to the organization - it makes the girls look shallow and dumb. 

• Love 4

Shannon acts half bored half intimidated half condescending misogynist. Yeah three halves but who cares. He needs to go.

Courtney bless her heart is not a bad interviewer, and we would not even know she's always researching on the phone if it was straight radio or podcast. I can semi excuse that. But she reeks desperation to me. She's like the puppy dog who follows the hot popular girls just dying to be one of them but will never be. She can try to pick up mannerisms etc but she is not in their league and knows it, so she comes off fake snooty, bratty somehow.

Also WTH why does Shannon act like he can't stand Courtney half the time, too. Do those two have the hots for each other or is Shannon that flat out insecure around all women. They can stop bickering and just interview at any time.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Kees080 said:

This week's edition was hard to listen/watch.  It had the feel of a bad sleepover - giggle, giggle.  I'll tolerate Shannon over Courtney any day.  Seems like Courtney focuses on being friends with the ladies on the team more than being a journalist for them.  Shannon at least will get in a couple of those questions that we want to know.  

The week Brennan was on,  Courtney selected my question to ask Brennan (yay a first for me).  She couldn't read my name on my account and said the question came from "someone". 😝 

I am guessing she is being paid yet is woefully unprepared and unprofessional.

• Love 2

I actually thought Christina did a great job. She was more prepared than those other two ever are! 

I wish she could host it. Shannon is awful, and I am not a judgmental person or I try not to be. He does have a fish out of water vibe. Maybe that could be an option if she retires. I mean, I know around 30 is when I started falling apart. That would be a great transition and she could still be involved. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I actually thought Christina did a great job. She was more prepared than those other two ever are! 

I wish she could host it. Shannon is awful, and I am not a judgmental person or I try not to be. He does have a fish out of water vibe. Maybe that could be an option if she retires. I mean, I know around 30 is when I started falling apart. That would be a great transition and she could still be involved. 

Girl. True that! 

50 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That's a great shot of Caroline.  She really photographs well.  Not a Rachel W. fan.  Never have been, never will be.

The other girls look natural. RW looks like she bathed in foundation. The 80s are over RW.

• Love 10

I hope that Kelli Q is ok, the girls have been posting support messages to her on instagram. She also posted a long thank you to Lauren for helping her and with Lauren being a nurse I just hope it's not a medical issue. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennv said:

I hope that Kelli Q is ok, the girls have been posting support messages to her on instagram. She also posted a long thank you to Lauren for helping her and with Lauren being a nurse I just hope it's not a medical issue. 

Maybe she is secretly saying this was her last season 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

IMO Caroline is the prettiest rookie.

I never really noticed Caroline till these Cowboys Fit pictures. She's a natural beauty and THOSE EYES!!!!

Why is RW even on the team? If she wasn't runner up to WHATEVER, she wouldn't even make it to finals. Her dancing has ZERO power and pop.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Lona said:
8 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I love this picture of Brennan

I love Brennan period. 😉

Same!!  I thought I'd remind everybody of that since I never really say that I like Brennan 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I like their Technique Tuesday videos - different choreographers/styles - get to see what they can all do.

Omg I know right I’m loving it bc you get to see that they are all actually amazing dancers 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I really like the girls doing this sassy hip hop. I have to say Gina's group with Maddie and Lauren were the best: they all know how to work it with this style. Also, I love the Brennan seems to have a new-found confidence and I loved seeing her front and centre in her group. 

Some of the girls looked a little flat like Molly and Tess. But I mean, not everyone likes doing hip-hop!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I really like the girls doing this sassy hip hop. I have to say Gina's group with Maddie and Lauren were the best: they all know how to work it with this style. Also, I love the Brennan seems to have a new-found confidence and I loved seeing her front and centre in her group. 

Some of the girls looked a little flat like Molly and Tess. But I mean, not everyone likes doing hip-hop!

I couldn't tell if Gina was one beat ahead or Lauren was one behind. Gina was probably one ahead LOL, but yes they both slayed. 

Tess - thought, damn girl she has the best body on the entire team. Like perfect. Tall and not over toned, still has curves. I hate her. 

I hope Gabby gets weight under control before auditions though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

I couldn't tell if Gina was one beat ahead or Lauren was one behind. Gina was probably one ahead LOL, but yes they both slayed. 

Tess - thought, damn girl she has the best body on the entire team. Like perfect. Tall and not over toned, still has curves. I hate her. 

I hope Gabby gets weight under control before auditions though.

I agree that Tess has an amazing body, but she has zero pop to me at all. I find her really boring to watch. Gina was killing it, but she did seem to be on a slightly different beat than the other two in her group. I noticed that too on the show, it seems like it's all about her and she's often not dancing completely in sync with everyone. Like girl, this is a TEAM. You can stand it without making it so obvious.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy has been looking INCREDIBLE this season. Making her GL was the best decision KF & JT has made this season. She would be a great point.

1 hour ago, Piscesmama4 said:

I agree that Tess has an amazing body, but she has zero pop to me at all. I find her really boring to watch. Gina was killing it, but she did seem to be on a slightly different beat than the other two in her group. I noticed that too on the show, it seems like it's all about her and she's often not dancing completely in sync with everyone. Like girl, this is a TEAM. You can stand it without making it so obvious.

Do ya'll think Gina wore a non-team color in order to stand out?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Amy has been looking INCREDIBLE this season. Making her GL was the best decision KF & JT has made this season. She would be a great point.

Do ya'll think Gina wore a non-team color in order to stand out?

I wouldn’t put it past her She still rubs me the wrong way like she is still all abt herself but who knows 

• Love 8