Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

For point: technique based only vote is Gina. The face? Tasha. If they let Kashara up front without the best technique then they can let Tasha. I hope she doesn’t retire though. 

Edit: I’m so ashamed. SO ASHAMED.  How could I forget Brianna??!! Shame on me. If they were to let a rookie/new vet rock our world at point, imma hafta bump any vet for Briannaaaaaa from TN because hells yes. I shall be a Bri For Point stan effective now. #pirouettesassypose 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
My dumb self forgot BRIANNA UGH get it together.
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I think you're right, with the exception of Yuko. She seems like a career cheerleader with her Japan pro-cheer past.

According to her bio she was a baseball, basketball, and soccer cheerleader in Japan. Also was a rhythmic gymnast ( like Kat)  for 8 years. Her "dream job is to help Japanese people who want to be NFL cheerleaders or NBA dancers".

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

For point: technique based only vote is Gina. The face? Tasha. If they let Kashara up front without the best technique then they can let Tasha. I hope she doesn’t retire though. 

My guess is that Tasha will be retiring.

• Love 3

I don't see anyone else with the extra "sparkle" that point needs besides Gina. She may be extra to some people, but girl draws heads and has that sparkle that point needs. If Kashara could get point in her third year without the best technique, but has the sparkle then I see them putting Gina there this year. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't see anyone else with the extra "sparkle" that point needs besides Gina. She may be extra to some people, but girl draws heads and has that sparkle that point needs. If Kashara could get point in her third year without the best technique, but has the sparkle then I see them putting Gina there this year. 

Kashara has the "it" factor. Not the best technical dancer but somehow her spirit resonates with so many people. Much like Taylor Swift who is not the best singer (IMO can't sing) but people like her.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

My guess is that Tasha will be retiring.

I found it very curious that Tasha and Amy both got a "Current DCC Feature": Tasha about modeling, and Amy about her dance studio. 

I secretly think that Kelli and Judy use the TV Show to showcase their favorites, as a tactic to keep them sticking around.  It definitely doesn't hurt Amy to have all that promo for her dance studio, and in return maybe she stays for her 5th year and they keep the Senior Vet Leaders that are on the edge of leaving...

• Love 3

I could have sworn Amy was on the fence for returning this year, so with her getting married I’d assumed she’d retire but lord I’d be so happy if she returned. She’s my favorite personality wise and is goofy without being annoying. Coughkasharacough

I could see Tasha staying, but she’s still looking like a weight probation example from the cheer nationals appearance they did.  I don’t want her to be in the office all season over weight. 

• Love 7

My guess on who the retiring vets are...

Lacey/Kashara (confirmed)

Amy/Tasha/Lexie (want them to stay but they're all married/get married)

Heather (want her to stay but Maggie already left and Kashara is leaving)

Khalyn (injuries)

Madeline/Jessika/Yuko/Christina (I think their time is done)

My ideal pyramid would feature Amy, Heather, and Tasha in the triangle with Gina, Kelli, Daphne, Lexie, and Lauren close behind. These are all blondes though lol. Tess and Bridget are good brunette dancers to mix it up.

• Love 2
On 2/3/2019 at 6:50 PM, Cappuccinagina said:

Edit: I’m so ashamed. SO ASHAMED.  How could I forget Brianna??!! Shame on me. If they were to let a rookie/new vet rock our world at point, imma hafta bump any vet for Briannaaaaaa from TN because hells yes. I shall be a Bri For Point stan effective now. #pirouettesassypose 

Between Gina’s face and Tasha’s body I hope neither of those happen. Trying to post the pics from the DCC Cheerleaders insta but can’t for some reason.

Gina looks so fake and just awful, Tasha is really beefing up.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Between Gina’s face and Tasha’s body I hope neither of those happen. Trying to post the pics from the DCC Cheerleaders insta but can’t for some reason.

To each their own 😁

I'm sure Gina saves puppies from burning buildings in her spare time, but hell no to her at point. She'll hair flip her way out of the triangle. Off to the side, the extra isn't that noticeable. Out front it would be a mess.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Is it just me, or do Maddie's & Tasha's shorts seem oddly long?  Weird angle?

image.thumb.png.6988cef554273a71386b935f1644f477.png

We've talked about weight issues on both of these ladies, but I am not seeing it here!  This is a great shot of Maddie!  If all I saw of her was this pic, I could go for Maddie as point.  But I realize this is just one good shot.

• Love 5

What about something along the lines of this? Brunettes are bolded.

Amy

Gina       Heather

Bridget     Tasha         Lauren

Daphne       Tess           Kelli            Lexie

18 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Amy

Gina       Heather

As cute as Amy is, I don't think she has the power or the cup size to be point.  Of the ones you show, I'd love any of them except Gina.  But I think Heather made someone mad (still dying to know that story!!!), and Tasha will retire.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

For lack of anything to watch on TV last night, I watched a couple of Season 12 episodes, Gina's rookie year.  OH MY GOSH...She is so smug and so full of herself!  It really brings to light just how phony she is now.  

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, J-R said:

For lack of anything to watch on TV last night, I watched a couple of Season 12 episodes, Gina's rookie year.  OH MY GOSH...She is so smug and so full of herself!  It really brings to light just how phony she is now.  

I'm a Gina fan so I'm biased, but I still believe that was all editing. I think she came off bad, but all the girls seem to love her now so maybe it was an issue with not being from Texas and not knowing how things work down there. California girls are notoriously snobby idk.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I'm a Gina fan so I'm biased, but I still believe that was all editing. I think she came off bad, but all the girls seem to love her now so maybe it was an issue with not being from Texas and not knowing how things work down there. California girls are notoriously snobby idk.

You could be right.  One thing is for sure, I do not know any of the DCC personally, only what I see on the show and social media.  I do know that all CA girls are not snobby, since I am from CA.  I have, though, have been known to be snobby but have friends that are anything but :)

Edited by J-R
14 minutes ago, J-R said:

You could be right.  One thing is for sure, I do not know any of the DCC personally, only what I see on the show and social media.  I do know that all CA girls are not snobby, since I am from CA.  I have, though, have been known to be snobby but have friends that are anything but :)

lol I mean no offense! I don't know anyone from CA, just what I've heard from others.

28 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

lol I mean no offense! I don't know anyone from CA, just what I've heard from others.

No offense taken, it was actually pretty funny.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Amy

Gina       Heather

Amy just doesn't have enough meat on her bones to be point.

Gina has it all.

• Love 2
Just now, parrotfeathers said:

Amy just doesn't have enough meat on her bones to be point.

Gina has it all.

Amy not enough meat on her bones??  Did you see the pic of Gina last weekend?  She looks at least 15 pounds under weight.  

• Love 4

Yea, I'm from California and, I'm not gonna lie, I used to be hella snobby and cocky (I called it confidence but now I know the difference).  I don't think Kelli could be point, even the triangle is a stretch.

• Love 1

Tess would go where Khalyn is---she is taller than Tasha. I don't see Heather in the triangle---whatever she did was severe enough to be demoted. No way she can walk that back knowing Kelli's ability to hold a grudge. And don't forget, Vicky is coming back so clearly she'll be point guys...duh?!?!

• Love 3

Kashara

Lacey     Madeline

Gina        Khalyn          Kelli

Heather        Amy         Lexie          Tasha

Daphne      Lauren       Amber        Bridget      Jalyn

This is the pyramid from this season for reference

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 2

If TPTB are annoyed by a former DCC’s inquiry to whether she had point or not, I can imagine they are discussing this re: Gina. She won’t get it based on congeniality or the face (sorry but it is what it is). You’re gonna need a flirty with the camera face—Brianna, Tasha, even Madison (the one who was called out for moving someone’s locker spot or something-goodness DCC). It has to be a combo of face and power, not so much technique, right? Otherwise, Kelli, Amy, and even Jenn K or Melissa W from last year would have had it on lock. Right? 

*points to comment like a progressing semifinalist and her number, pose for Insta pic*

Edited by Cappuccinagina
  • Love 3

I’m glad Heather is returning for seniority purposes, I don’t think there will be any fourth years aside from her, Tess, and Maddie. However I don’t see them putting her at point just because if she was that great of a performer and really liked her she wouldn’t be behind Gina in the triangle. I think Heather’s placement in the triangle next season will either be behind or equal to Gina’s 

• Love 4
On 2/9/2019 at 7:25 PM, dccfan204 said:

Kashara

Lacey     Madeline

This is just show group right? 

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

This is just show group right? 

I'm pretty sure this was the front of the regular triangle.  It's why I don't think there's any way Kelli will be moved to an "inner" spot.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Is this coming from a Texan point of view? Maggie, Molly, Bridget, Alana (?), ... are from Cali.

1 minute ago, TexasBorn said:

Is this coming from a Texan point of view? Maggie, Molly, Bridget, Alana (?), ... are from Cali.

I think it's just a stereotype thing I've heard my whole life about Cali girls, but I've been proven wrong lol I'm from the Northeast so some people don't look too kindly on Californians here for some reason.

1 minute ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think it's just a stereotype thing I've heard my whole life about Cali girls, but I've been proven wrong lol I'm from the Northeast so some people don't look too kindly on Californians here for some reason.

In this day and age, that's sad.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

In this day and age, that's sad.

I agree, it's why I want to go to California so I can broaden my horizons beyond what I've heard. I had a Southern grandfather who was a pistol and if he was still alive I'd heard all about how bad California liberals are lol

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Didn’t Gina, herself, make some sort of comment about being from California and how that would help her? Am I just imagining that? 

I think Gina is smug, arrogant, and snobby regardless of where she came from. And if she did use Cali to promote herself, then I hope she stays in TX. Gina for point!

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, dccfan204 said:

Kashara

Lacey     Madeline

*IIRC:  All listed above are in show group. 

*All but three of the top 10 are either 1st or 2nd leaders. (top three are GL). Tess is the only 2nd leader not listed above, also of note both Hannah and Tess are the only SG people not shown above.

*Of the top 6 there is an equal mix of light and dark hair color.

Although Gina can dance quite well, she was not a leader this year, and IMO she doesn't have a charming HD "Facials that Kashara has both in photos and on the big screen at this time.

I always figure they put a leader at point in case something goes "wrong" with music or some other major or minor catastrophe and can either maintain or get the entire group out of a bind.  With that said, I'm sure there is a multitude of factors that go into choosing the top 3-6 people of the triangle. (not just dance ability).

• Love 1
On 2/9/2019 at 7:25 PM, dccfan204 said:

Kashara

Lacey     Madeline

Sorry for the confusion everyone! This is the front half of the pyramid, not the show group pyramid. Based off of that, there's no way that Tess is taking Khalyn's spot. I think it's safe to say that point is going to either Gina, Kelli, Heather, or Tasha (assuming Madeline and Khalyn are retiring). I've never seen anyone talk about Kelli for point, even though she has a great spot right now. I would personally like to see Heather, Tasha, or Amy as point (but Amy is unlikely due to her current spot).

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Sorry for the confusion everyone! This is the front half of the pyramid, not the show group pyramid. Based off of that, there's no way that Tess is taking Khalyn's spot. I think it's safe to say that point is going to either Gina, Kelli, Heather, or Tasha (assuming Madeline and Khalyn are retiring). I've never seen anyone talk about Kelli for point, even though she has a great spot right now. I would personally like to see Heather, Tasha, or Amy as point (but Amy is unlikely due to her current spot).

I would add Lexie as another contender for Point. Not saying she’s my first choice but they added her to showgroup and while she’s inside the pyramid, she’s pretty central and I often notice her more than others based on camera angles etc. I have a strange feeling she could be in the running. 

• Love 4

Tasha is absolutely gorgeous, the complete DCC look, fun to watch, plus she’s been called out for being a good mature influence. No fan would ever notice or care that she’s on weight watch. I think she’s a good choice for point.

• Love 2

My first post here!  I just saw on the So You Think You can Dance instastory that Victoria is trying out!  Robert who was on the show and is an all star is there and is putting posts from auditions on Instagram and he talked to her briefly.  

17 minutes ago, Bon bon said:

My first post here!  I just saw on the So You Think You can Dance instastory that Victoria is trying out!  Robert who was on the show and is an all star is there and is putting posts from auditions on Instagram and he talked to her briefly.  

the buzz has started on the "audition speculation" thread

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Amazing how so many people love Tasha now!!  (Not meaning you Phillyfan.)

I admit it. I was very judgmental about Tasha while watching the show her first year. Pretty sure I called her a Real Housewife and/or spoiled in the first or second episode thread. 🙈 But quite honestly as we got to know her through the show a little bit that first season, I started to warm up. She’s so cute and sweet with her daughter, and she definitely became one of my favorites.  I think maybe I judged her beauty, Barbi pink lipstick and the “Trophy Wife” t-shirts that other posters would link from her Instagram on here and what I *thought* she was like instead of what she is like IRL. I like to think we’ve both matured (although I’m probably still pretty judgy). 

• Love 8