Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

This is clearly coloring your skin to match another individual's race and ethnicity. It's clearly acceptable to the Dallas Cowboys organization and the leadership of DCC, more specifically. It is not overreacting to understand the horrendous history of blackface or any other similarly discriminatory caricature of another race that was less "acceptable" than white. There is overreacting because of what someone said, then there is actually needing to react because of actual actions of people like Rachel. No fear, the DCC don't care. 

MIC DROP. Nailed it. 

• Love 10

Anyone have any inside scoop on the prep classes that I see have been going on for a month ? They are only $40 which sounds like a deal to me..

From ( link ) :  '"Master Instructors and DCC Group Leaders will introduce you to the choreography and techniques taught to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Squad."

The webpage picture is from the 2017-2018? squad - 

image.thumb.png.4237fe3bd41220ac142f0250108665ee.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I'm actually shocked that RW chose the Bruno Mars costume irregardless of the suspected spray tan. Megan Kelly just got her ass handed to her by NBC and the media over something similar. It's almost as bad as the girl who didn't know what  #metoo stood for. We live in a world were you have to be careful of what you say and do on SM.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 17
On 10/31/2018 at 1:18 PM, ByTor said:

Thank you!

Let's just say I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if Thunderstruck were replaced.

You know what @ByTor , I have wondered if they are actually scared to let it go. Scared to find out people do not think its as important as they do. Not willing to accept the truth that something more is desired now. IDK, just wondering. It is dated a bit to me at this point. I always end up feeling there are 2-3 spots the moves are awkward and wonder why do they keep certain elements. 

Question for the dance knowledgeable. What constitutes a new " fresh" dance routine? I ask because so much of current DCC dance seems to be recycled moves. Even the SG dances seem stuck in time. The costumes never change. My untrained eye can pick out a rotating group of set moves. So curious if others have to. Which ones do you all see as repeating ones? In fairness, dancing in boots on the field may create limitations I don't understand. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

2) Rachel being 1/4 Japanese is apples and oranges to altering her skin tone to look like anything. Not understanding how having some non-white heritage, especially when you look 100% white, makes it ok to darken skin to look like another race for a costume. But if that is what is being said, then Bruno being half PR probably has some African ancestry (darker European Spanish often has some Northern African influence, and there could easily be some Subsaharan AKA "African American/Afro Latin/Afro Caribbean" ancestry in there, too).

No. That is NOT what I meant by my comment about her ancestry. IF she darkened her skin purposely as part of a costume, that is wrong. However, if she did not, then I see nothing wrong with her costume. I don't feel like a poorly lit photo of a girl who we already know tans too much for her job is sufficient evidence for me to assassinate her character.

How long does a spray tan last anyway? Is the thought that she would darken her skin on Wednesday and exfoliate like hell to get it off by Monday?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

No. That is NOT what I meant by my comment about her ancestry. IF she darkened her skin purposely as part of a costume, that is wrong. However, if she did not, then I see nothing wrong with her costume. I don't feel like a poorly lit photo of a girl who we already know tans too much for her job is sufficient evidence for me to assassinate her character.

How long does a spray tan last anyway? Is the thought that she would darken her skin on Wednesday and exfoliate like hell to get it off by Monday?

Not to beat a dead horse, but that is not a natural skin color even by tanning means nor a badly lit photo. She either put temporary self tanner, makeup, or tanning salon for that color. Go find photos of her from the most recent game day, and compare to the offensive costume she wore recently. A man who is of PR and Filipino heritage is not orange

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, dancer88 said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but that is not a natural skin color even by tanning means nor a badly lit photo. She either put temporary self tanner, makeup, or tanning salon for that color. Go find photos of her from the most recent game day, and compare to the offensive costume she wore recently. A man who is of PR and Filipino heritage is not orange

I don't think anyone thinks that's a natural color. It may be the only thing everyone agrees about.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Why is it that people don't like Savannah? I have really liked her since she was a rookie. 

The only answer I have gotten is that people don't think she has enough "pop" or they don't think she has great dance technique.  Personally I've never noticed that, and I think she is beautiful with a great personality!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Every time I come on here I learn something new! I didn’t know Orange was a race. These are  crazy times ?. & Rachel is so pretty and sweet! Love her!! 

Also, that misspelling really bothers me. There should have been at least a million proofs and edits done before even thinking about printing. Let alone prior to delivery and then upon hanging it up.. jeez.

And once it was hanging there did no one notice?  I wonder how long it has been there?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

What's Gina suppose to be?

I have no idea but she did post a pic a little while ago with a guy dressed as Austin Powers so maybe it has to do with that? Lol I don't get it though.

Okay I looked it up, and she is dressed like Heather Graham's character from the second Austin Power's movie. I've never really watched that one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I have no idea but she did post a pic a little while ago with a guy dressed as Austin Powers so maybe it has to do with that? Lol I don't get it though.

Okay I looked it up, and she is dressed like Heather Graham's character from the second Austin Power's movie. I've never really watched that one.

Bad choice. She should have been a Fembot, instead.

24 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

Rachel W has deleted all her Halloween pictures from her Instagram. They were up until about an hour ago. ?

I wonder if she will delete her personal twitter?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Alanna for the win as Frida Kahlo (second to last photo).

That’s beautiful. I may steal that idea for next year.

who is the girl in the photo with her and who is she trying to be? 

A lot of these photos the girls look like they aren’t really trying.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

APPLAUSE!!! I'm giving you a standing ovation for this :) 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

275A97B9-2D80-41A2-BFD8-AD9B4657BE71.jpeg

563FDE74-2957-42F2-A0F6-9B1D5D04FF92.jpeg

Kashara has a group photo Rachel is in and the lighting is much better than these photos. In the Kashara photo, it’s obvious Rachel’s skin is her typical over spray tanned color. See the above post comparing her side by side with a game day photo. Same skin tone. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah, that really is Rachel’s normal spray tan. It just looks different because it’s next to a black wig vs. her normal hair. She is always overly tan. 

image.png.f5ca1387f1bcc38ec9abfa6f1b900bf3.png

I see no difference

17 minutes ago, rose711 said:

That’s beautiful. I may steal that idea for next year.

who is the girl in the photo with her and who is she trying to be? 

A lot of these photos the girls look like they aren’t really trying.

Kim Possible...was a cartoon character/tv show

• Love 4
23 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Exactly. She's just super tan. I'm sure something like that has been discussed, and she would know better. It's definitely the poor lighting too.

Then don’t post the picture. If you never post the picture, no one sees it, and no one can misinterpret it. Assuming, it’s misinterpreted. Rachel is tan, but not that tan. There was pretty obviously intent to darken her skin there.

But either way — posting the picture or actually darkening her skin — is proof positive she is an idiot.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, dancer88 said:

This is clearly coloring your skin to match another individual's race and ethnicity. It's clearly acceptable to the Dallas Cowboys organization and the leadership of DCC, more specifically. It is not overreacting to understand the horrendous history of blackface or any other similarly discriminatory caricature of another race that was less "acceptable" than white. There is overreacting because of what someone said, then there is actually needing to react because of actual actions of people like Rachel. No fear, the DCC don't care. 

This too, of course. They know themselves and a huge chunk of their fan base. Rachel will be fine I am sure. Also long as she does not gain four pounds on any decent political beliefs.

13 minutes ago, Kayce said:

image.png.f5ca1387f1bcc38ec9abfa6f1b900bf3.png

I see no difference

Kim Possible...was a cartoon character/tv show

I will be honest I am blown away people do not see the difference here. It is so obvious in her face, areas around her nose and mouth.

Also, no way she deletes those pictures unless she actually did it.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

This too, of course. They know themselves and a huge chunk of their fan base. Rachel will be fine I am sure. Also long as she does not gain four pounds on any decent political beliefs.

I will be honest I am blown away people do not see the difference here. It is so obvious in her face, areas around her nose and mouth.

I guess this is a case of "agree to disagree" :) 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Yea, I see the difference. It's called horrible lighting (& much darker in the game day pic).

And, yes, she would delete the pics even if she hadn't actually done it because people are saying she did. She has been deemed guilty in the court of popular opinion, so the truth no longer matters.

ETA: When I looked at her instagram when these pics were first posted here, I didn't see any Halloween pics. So, did she actually post pics and then delete them, or are you assuming she's deleted pics because there are not any on her instagram (as far as I know, all the Halloween pics are from someone else's account)? Big difference.

2018-11-01 20.49.20.jpg

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

What's Gina suppose to be?

I think she is poking fun at herself. It's classic "LA Valley Girl". My college years in CA were filled with girls dressed just like it.

55 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Then don’t post the picture. If you never post the picture, no one sees it, and no one can misinterpret it. Assuming, it’s misinterpreted. Rachel is tan, but not that tan. There was pretty obviously intent to darken her skin there.

But either way — posting the picture or actually darkening her skin — is proof positive she is an idiot.

She didn't post the pictures. All these pics are from someone else's account.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I’m so out of the loop I don’t know who most of these costumes are supposed to be.

Who is the entire back row? KIM POSSIBLE THOUGH - Hannah is awesome and those abs are amazing. I'd never wear a whole shirt if I had those abs. 

• Love 2

I’m actually surprised by the certainty regarding Rachel’s costume one way or the other. Her skin tone definitely looks different in the Bruno Mars costume (though not necessarily darker), and her skin looks darker in some pictures and lighter in others. Given that Instagram and basically every smart phone has filters and the ability to alter darkness or lightness of the image, Im not sure how we know which ones have poor lighting or which pics have been altered.... In short, I don’t know whether she tried to darken her skin tone or not, but IF she did, that’s wrong.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Then don’t post the picture. If you never post the picture, no one sees it, and no one can misinterpret it.

agree. I don't know why they continue to post Halloween pictures. Especially of pictures of costume that are trying to emulate a real life pop culture stars. Not every event that goes on in ones life needs to be posted. Not mention how the organization will view the pictures, you'll never know if a future , current employer, a dance parent or student, outside of the cowboy realm would view the pictures.

• Love 4

Not impressed with the Halloween costumes. I'm surprised they'd do anything where you have to color your face in this PC world. 

Looking at most of the TX dance teams (AAIA, DSIG, TLDs, etc.) costumes they're all kind of bland.

• Love 1

I noticed yesterday on the DCC, Facebook,Twitter and Instagram DCC  did not include any pix of Rachael.  Then last night Rachael posted a pix on her Instagram but it was taken down really fast.  Made we think that TPTB noticed what everyone on here has been talking about.  I guess Rachael was the last to hear about this forum.  lol

Stephanie also has a spray tan.  

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I noticed yesterday on the DCC, Facebook,Twitter and Instagram DCC  did not include any pix of Rachael.  Then last night Rachael posted a pix on her Instagram but it was taken down really fast.  Made we think that TPTB noticed what everyone on here has been talking about.  I guess Rachael was the last to hear about this forum.  lol

Stephanie also has a spray tan.  

For the love of god why did she do this. The costume. The hashtag. Seriously, this does nothing to fight the stereotype many of us have of Texans.

Seriously, elementary school kids know this isn’t appropriate.

19 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

This. I was a fan, but my opinion of her after seeing her stance on those issues I have since come to like her a lot less.

This is where KaShara lost me. When she first made the team there were plenty of post supporting political candidates with less than stellar human rights stances.

Not that I think she is an informed voter making her own decisions, but it was certainly enough for me to make a character call. 

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 9

We live in a world where one is personified through their social media. I'm glad I didn't have SM in my 20's. I would have been unemployable.

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

And did Molly darken her skin color as well? I'm sure if Judy was a person of color she would be accused of it.

15411673685558.jpg

Poor Molly is getting dragged into this ... SMH

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

This I completely agree with. 

21 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm actually shocked that RW chose the Bruno Mars costume irregardless of the suspected spray tan. Megan Kelly just got her ass handed to her by NBC and the media over something similar. It's almost as bad as the girl who didn't know what  #metoo stood for. We live in a world were you have to be careful of what you say and do on SM.

I agree.... it shows poor judgement at the very least. I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is always so tan, but if she did darken her skin, how completely stupid. As a former runner up for Miss America, I guess I just expected her to be more enlightened. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

We live in a world where one is personified through their social media. I'm glad I didn't have SM in my 20's. I would have been unemployable.

Poor Molly is getting dragged into this ... SMH

I KNOW RIGHT. Molly, I'm sorry. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Annette said:

Rachel has sent an apology to each of her teammates.  Several were understandably upset by her choice to wear "brown-face" while attempting to dress as Bruno Mars.

Having competed at Miss America & even finished as a runner-up,  SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.  She is from the South & still thought painting or tanning her white face brown, was a good idea for a Halloween costume.  

I am NOT impressed.

Before I make any further comments, someone needs to post a screen grab of that apology. 

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 8