Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

My first thought was a watermark, but could be some weird sun reflection too.

Ohhhh maybe.  LOL I'm showing my age, I thought it was bubbles like the Lawrence Welk show.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Newmanbritt said:

They’re all fit, have nice facials, nothing over the top ugly or out of place, pretty hair, and all in sync with this dance move. What about this is not DCC standard?

I don't think it's not DCC standard, I just don't think it's an attractive picture. Personal opinion, but the pose (booty popped out) bugs me & I think they look tired & sweaty (not their fault, just doesn't make for an attractive picture for me).

Edited by hannahbanana
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Ohhhh maybe.  LOL I'm showing my age, I thought it was bubbles like the Lawrence Welk show.

Could be that, too. Ha ha -- but then there should be more than one -- you should never go cheap on the bubbles. 😁

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I admit VK has pretty eyes, but what on earth is the glitter show all about?

victoriaakalina_rhinestones 1b.jpg

victoriaakalina_rhinestones 2B.jpg

This reminded me of the girl at tryouts with glitter on her face and capri length bottoms.  She was so "sparkly"!!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Newmanbritt said:

They’re all fit, have nice facials, nothing over the top ugly or out of place, pretty hair, and all in sync with this dance move. What about this is not DCC standard?

UHHH....Like they look like Ravens Cheerleaders. 

3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I wish VK would lay off the red lips, they make her look like a hooker

Although a large boned girl, VK is pretty.  But I agree about the red lipstick.  It exaggerates her gummy smile.  If she could learn to rein that in, she would look so much better. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Opine said:

This reminded me of the girl at tryouts with glitter on her face and capri length bottoms.  She was so "sparkly"!!!!

Actually way back when that episode aired, someone mentioned her on the MTT Facebook page, and she answered!  She said she wasn't seriously auditioning, her friend was, and she did the exaggerated get-up to make her friend laugh & relax a bit.  The friend didn't make it past prelims either, though.

• Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

Actually way back when that episode aired, someone mentioned her on the MTT Facebook page, and she answered!  She said she wasn't seriously auditioning, her friend was, and she did the exaggerated get-up to make her friend laugh & relax a bit.  The friend didn't make it past prelims either, though.

Well, it's still a sweet gesture:)  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

A few years ago, Mia was covering a bit, but you're right.  It probably wasn't on social media.

This season, Yuko missed games cause of a car accident.  Daphne missed a game with flu symptoms.  Lauren had an injury that prevented her from doing kickline.  Khalyn had a work commitment and had sat out a game.  And someone posted above that it looked like Gabby and Ashlee were missing from their group yesterday.  I think I'm missing someone else, but they did use Jinelle a lot this season to fill in.

Jinelle works for the DCC org unlike the other All Stars who filled in, so I think it's just been easier for K&J to throw her in.  

I wonder if Lacey will be working in the same capacity after she retires. She's another rockstar.

• Love 2

Always wondered about these outfits. I know they used them for years but why are they different styles? Do the girls get to pick a style or are they assigned one?

DwV3pnLV4AA2mpk.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I admit VK has pretty eyes, but what on earth is the glitter show all about?

victoriaakalina_rhinestones 1b.jpg

victoriaakalina_rhinestones 2B.jpg

That looks dumb.  Also, it looks like the first picture is more filtered/photoshopped than the second, she looks 10 years older in the second one.

Although I guess if she was going to edit the first one, she'd have taken care of the pimple on the corner of her nose, so who TH knows?

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Always wondered about these outfits. I know they used them for years but why are they different styles? Do the girls get to pick a style or are they assigned one?

DwV3pnLV4AA2mpk.jpg

I’d be surprised if they were allowed to choose their own.

I wish they did more hip-hop. Always my favorite.

Victoria’s eyes are really pretty.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

DwV3pnLV4AA2mpk.jpg

I like these outfits alot....except for the Grey football pants they are unflattering 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Opine said:

My grandma has the same set of false teeth ... neigh.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, 8dallas said:

UHHH....Like they look like Ravens Cheerleaders. 

Or even worse EAGLES

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

DwV3pnLV4AA2mpk.jpg

Assigned.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Or even worse EAGLES

Assigned.

HAhahahahah 

I never realized how small that one rookie that has blue eyes and brown hair that gets confused for Bridget..she is tiny

On 1/5/2019 at 8:30 AM, Jennv said:

That Girl is Rachel's mom on friends when she was young. It was progressive for its time as it depicted a single girl living and working on her own in the city 

It was the Mary Tyler Moore show before the Mary Tyler Moore Show. I was in LOVE with Marlo Thomas.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, VagueUsername said:

Gabby didn’t perform the halftime. She was in Thunderstruck only. Had Jinelle not been needed elsewhere for Thunderstruck, she would have been dancing in Gabby’s place there as well.

Was gabby sick or something 

On 1/6/2019 at 3:03 PM, Stee said:

The team would be lucky to have someone like Amy leading them. And she could be the next Jinelle: sweet, dependable, beloved. A favorite. 

I completely agree.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, VagueUsername said:

Gabby didn’t perform the halftime. She was in Thunderstruck only. Had Jinelle not been needed elsewhere for Thunderstruck, she would have been dancing in Gabby’s place there as well.

Def wrong, but I really dont care..

This is a question I want to ask the forum....How many have actually truly...been to a game or performance of the DCC besides the videos that you have watched through youtube and social media? Also, seen these girls in person besides pictures. 

• Love 1

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but thought I'd mention that Starz will premier the documentary "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" next Monday, January 14th at 9pm EST.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but thought I'd mention that Starz will premier the documentary "Daughters of the Sexual Revolution: The Untold Story of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" next Monday, January 14th at 9pm EST.

Thanks for this!  I knew I’d seen it shared some place but couldn’t remember it was on Starz.  Should’ve figured since I just watched both Outlander & Counterpart.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jess14 said:

Bridget looks like she’s perilously close to having a wardrobe malfunction in this picture... It also kind of appears like she has some subtle highlights, but it’s possible that her hair always was this color, and I just never noticed.

In the Game Day girl video with Lexie, she comes just as close to a wardrobe malfunction! I feel like it would be uncomfortable to have them almost bouncing out!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, 8dallas said:

This is a question I want to ask the forum....How many have actually truly...been to a game or performance of the DCC besides the videos that you have watched through youtube and social media? Also, seen these girls in person besides pictures. 

We’ve been to tons of games, several DCC camps, I have a few alumni girls I know from waayyyyy back when, and several have taught my daughter in dance. Lots of personal experience interacting with these lovely girls. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

We’ve been to tons of games, several DCC camps, I have a few alumni girls I know from waayyyyy back when, and several have taught my daughter in dance. Lots of personal experience interacting with these lovely girls. 

Same except no one in family has been to a camp in about 7 years. 

9 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Went to a game a few years ago, but otherwise it’s just videos and the show for me. My husband is a Cowboys fan and wanted to see a game in person.  We like Dallas, but it’s not somewhere that we will just randomly go for a vacation, so I can’t say when or if we’ll be back. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PhillyFan said:
On 1/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, Jess14 said:

Bridget looks like she’s perilously close to having a wardrobe malfunction in this picture... It also kind of appears like she has some subtle highlights, but it’s possible that her hair always was this color, and I just never noticed.

In the Game Day girl video with Lexie, she comes just as close to a wardrobe malfunction! I feel like it would be uncomfortable to have them almost bouncing out!

Wish I had their “problems” lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yaaass, A name to know than when people speak on DCCs that I can trust ahhaha

5 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Yaaass, A name to know than when people speak on DCCs that I can trust ahhaha

I have to laugh at this notion of “trust” when speaking about opinions of a cheerleading squad 😂

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

I have to laugh at this notion of “trust” when speaking about opinions of a cheerleading squad 😂

Agreed. Also, just because people haven't seen them live, doesn't mean their opinions aren't valid or their experience with the show less. Some have watched from the beginning, and have amazing memories. And since this is a forum for the show and not just the team, I think there are lots of people on here to trust when it comes to that. I think trustworthiness is based on how you express yourself and who you are as a person, not who you have seen in person or know. JMHO, but anyone, even people who know the whole team personally, can lie.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

Agreed. Also, just because people haven't seen them live, doesn't mean their opinions aren't valid or their experience with the show less. Some have watched from the beginning, and have amazing memories. And since this is a forum for the show and not just the team, I think there are lots of people on here to trust when it comes to that. I think trustworthiness is based on how you express yourself and who you are as a person, not who you have seen in person or know. JMHO, but anyone, even people who know the whole team personally, can lie.

In a age where people jump at the first thing on social media and hang on it for dear life..I have to disagree...

1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

In a age where people jump at the first thing on social media and hang on it for dear life..I have to disagree...

You are welcome to do so. I just have a different philosophy in general than you do. 

Social media is toxic and allows people to behave in a way behind the keyboard they would not have the nerve to do in person. The issue isn't really with who you know. The issue is people on social media are generally horrible immature jackasses who get some perverse enjoyment in causing people pain. They don't have to hop on those bandwagons and be judgmental weens, they make a choice to do so.  I have never jumped on any SM bandwagon and I never will. And I have never met a DCC or been to Dallas. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

But you could see every performance from the front row and shake each girls hand after each appearance and still really know nothing.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, 8dallas said:

I met Michelle Keys and Kim Tong at a master class with an Australian dancer named Jasmine Meakin a few years ago and got to dance with them. Michelle was infinitely better than everyone in the room lol. I posted pics and a video a week ago when my daughter went to DCC Academy. All the girls were super sweet and personable.

• Love 5
On 1/7/2019 at 4:54 PM, MrsEVH said:

DwV3pnLV4AA2mpk.jpg

They have to assign them because no one would pick those fugly pants! Yuck!

• Love 2
On 1/4/2019 at 7:40 PM, go4luca said:

Sorry, I disagree.  I think KaShara has done a great job at point.  I know not everyone agrees, and that's no prob.

I think KaShara was great at point. I wasn’t a fan of the thought of Jenna at point, not a big fan of hers anyway. Also love Lacey.

• Love 15