Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

2018 Season 13 Current Squad & Social Media

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, viccib said:

who is she subbing for??

Looks like two girls are out for that group looks like Ashlee and gabby 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Their half time performance looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see a full video of the routine.

Edited by Slate
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

FINALLY!.... I just found a video of the 2018 squad's Holiday Halftime Show. Like some of you have already said, Lauren got injured and couldn't participate so Jinelle ended up stepping in. Although, she was still able to cheer on the sidelines.

Better this year. Less chaotic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Aw thanks for posting that. I am a sucker for performances like that.  A lot of special memories made for those on the field.

I have the hand it to the DCC, they make it look so effortless and like they are loving every second, which makes watching them so enjoyable.

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Looks like they’re doing their hip hop routine today for halftime.Can’t they create a new one after three years? I do want to see who’s getting Holly’s spot though.

I dont think anyone had Holly's spot...it was not there best though everyone seemed super off or tired.....however the fans and the game was wild 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, tonight I understand your cringe for Gina's over the top extras..however I realized this is all these girls "dreams & goals" including Kashara...and I think they should all want to be extra like Gina she legit makes them less robotic...they legit have no personality sometimes...However Kashara legit needs to be in the back dancing...I had one of my family members who never watches the girls dance say..."who is the one in the front she is off by 2 counts.." I was shocked I thought I became jaded but I have seen the true light hahah also, some of them looked soft ..end of season weight.

 

Also Rookie Rachel is really scary...now that I see her more and more...I legit think she might be a little nuts..she has no light behind her eyes its creepy

Edited by 8dallas
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So you think this might be the new CMT banner for the show?????

Before I saw that the picture was Victoria, I wondered why Amanda Seyfried was doing a Cowboys Fit promotion.

19 hours ago, Slate said:

the kids in the video were amazing!

They are.  I think the blonde girl with the ponytails did the routine last year too.

15 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

"I can make your hands clap" YAAAAWWWNNN! (Practice)

It's the song that does it for me.  I liked it at 1st, I thought it was catchy, now I just think it's annoying...I listen to Alt Nation a lot on Sirius/XM, I think they overplayed & killed it.

13 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Loud was the worst

I didn't like it much either.

7 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I have the hand it to the DCC, they make it look so effortless and like they are loving every second, which makes watching them so enjoyable.

Agreed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I mean come on.. she’s still the only one who is doing hair flips even during the all i do is win clip. All the others are always just messing around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I mean come on.. she’s still the only one who is doing hair flips even during the all i do is win clip. All the others are always just messing around.

Gina? I think she's extra, but I don't see anything out of place here. They all (including her) just seem to be having fun here. Bridget's hair swinging from side to side is more noticeable to me in this clip than anything is Gina is doing, and for the record I don't think Bridget is trying to be extra or anything. She was just the most noticeable. 

For what it's worth, I get that when you (I mean "you" generally - not directed at the above post) dislike someone, things that they do stand out or bother you more than other people doing the same thing. That's certainly true in life, and we see that on the board. Look at Gina, Holly, Kashara, and Jenna - they're all extra. Yet, we consistently see Person A's extra-ness is boiled down to wanting to be the center of attention, while Person B is just "trying to get everyone else to join in."  Person C is confident and slays, while Person D is trying too hard and looks desperate. And I'm not pointing fingers, I do this myself. I don't know any of these girls personally, but I simply never cared for Holly, but I always liked Jenna, defend Gina now (even though I disliked her las year), and Kashara doesn't bother me (my annoyance with her last year was more at the show/K&J shoving her down my throat as opposed to anything she did). I could give Holly the same breaks that I do the others, or give the others the same criticisms that I've thrown her way. I just choose not to because I don't care for her, not really because of anything she did. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I mean come on.. she’s still the only one who is doing hair flips even during the all i do is win clip. All the others are always just messing around.

Fix Gina's hair and I'd have less of a problem. It looks like yellow straw and her hair flips look hardcore rocker - not DCC.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I like this little routine. Wonder if they couldn't expand on this and use it in place of the usual routine they do to "Thunderstruck"?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I mean come on.. she’s still the only one who is doing hair flips even during the all i do is win clip. All the others are always just messing around.

I like the Judy got in on it for a little.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

@Jess14 that might be it, but I’ve noticed Gina doing the same in every single one of those clips (apart from one right after we made a huge deal out of it and then we said she was reading the forums), so I genuinely believe she still has the “me me me, i’m the best” mentality. Which is fair, but not in a group setting. 

I think Amy is going to stay for a 5th year...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I mean come on.. she’s still the only one who is doing hair flips even during the all i do is win clip. All the others are always just messing around.

She is definitely not “the only one” as the girl on the far right of the video does exactly the same amount of hair flipping (which is about 5 counts worth, that I can see before the video pans off of them) the rest is jumping and everyone hair is bouncing around. 

 

I have neutral feelings on Gina, (except for noting that she has a killer body) but the things people pick out are so odd. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

The director/choreographer of the DCRB posted a clip from the Halftime Show. They do manage to switch things up each year,

Edited by CowboysFanatic

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

 

I think Amy is going to stay for a 5th year...

I also have this feeling - she’s in Texas, has a dance studio and got married over New Years so there’s nothing really taking her away from the team. 

She would be a shoo-in for Group Leader 1 and likely Pro Bowl girl if she stayed, and it would be her moment to shine in light of so few other veterans. 

My only question is where she would be located in the triangle - is she an under the radar pick for point?  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Stee said:

I also have this feeling - she’s in Texas, has a dance studio and got married over New Years so there’s nothing really taking her away from the team. 

She would be a shoo-in for Group Leader 1 and likely Pro Bowl girl if she stayed, and it would be her moment to shine in light of so few other veterans. 

My only question is where she would be located in the triangle - is she an under the radar pick for point?  

I hope she stays as well 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Stee said:

She would be a shoo-in for Group Leader 1 and likely Pro Bowl girl if she stayed, and it would be her moment to shine in light of so few other veterans. 

I thought Amy is a group leader this year.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Stee said:

I also have this feeling - she’s in Texas, has a dance studio and got married over New Years so there’s nothing really taking her away from the team. 

She would be a shoo-in for Group Leader 1 and likely Pro Bowl girl if she stayed, and it would be her moment to shine in light of so few other veterans. 

My only question is where she would be located in the triangle - is she an under the radar pick for point?  

Amy has grown on me. I'll stand behind that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Bennie said:

Yay!  She’s my favorite!  Solid dancer, beautiful girl, well spoken, doesn’t over promote herself ... like some... an all around great DCC representative.

Found out Lexie also got Abby Bear!  Game Day girl, Abby Bear, and a Cowboys win!  Great night for her!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I hope this link works...Trying to identify the cheerleaders...Bridget, Cianna and (?) ....thanks!

Edited by DCCFanInKy · Reason: punctuation
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I hope this link works...Trying to identify the cheerleaders...Bridget, Cianna and (?) ....thanks!

Alahnna 

38 minutes ago, Bennie said:

Found out Lexie also got Abby Bear!  Game Day girl, Abby Bear, and a Cowboys win!  Great night for her!

Yay that’s awesome 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I dont know if this has been said?? Does Savannah remind anyone of the Actress Amy Adams...like cousin hahah not sister be she looks similar to be a cousin though

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

she’s still the only one who is doing hair flips even during the all i do is win clip.

The dark skinned girl with the curly hair is doing it (right side) also.

How they have the energy to jump around like this is beyond me.

Edited by parrotfeathers

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Stee said:

She would be a shoo-in for Group Leader 1 and likely Pro Bowl girl if she stayed, and it would be her moment to shine in light of so few other veterans. 

 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought Amy is a group leader this year.

Amy is currently group three's leader.  @Stee is referencing group one for next year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Stee said:

I also have this feeling - she’s in Texas, has a dance studio and got married over New Years so there’s nothing really taking her away from the team. 

She would be a shoo-in for Group Leader 1 and likely Pro Bowl girl if she stayed, and it would be her moment to shine in light of so few other veterans. 

My only question is where she would be located in the triangle - is she an under the radar pick for point?  

Maybe if Maddie retires too, Amy would be placed in the triangle. At best I think she would get Heather/Gina’s current spot tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/6/2019 at 4:05 PM, go4luca said:

 

Amy is currently group three's leader.  @Stee is referencing group one for next year.

Yes - I believe it was said that the Group 1 Leader is the unspoken *main* leader for the whole squad.

Amy has really grown on me and looks great as the point / center of Group 3 performances. She also has the maturity, dance training and teaching background to lead the squad next season. (I don’t see Maddie having the same level of maturity). As to her being point, I’m not sure but I could possibly see her in the triangle or at Khalyns current position.  And I'd MUCH rather have Amy as Point than Gina - I think point is more than just the girl who flips her hair most!

The team would be lucky to have someone like Amy leading them. And she could be the next Jinelle: sweet, dependable, beloved. A favorite. 

Edited by Stee
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Bridget looks like she’s perilously close to having a wardrobe malfunction in this picture... It also kind of appears like she has some subtle highlights, but it’s possible that her hair always was this color, and I just never noticed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2019 at 6:58 PM, scorpio1031 said:

So you think this might be the new CMT banner for the show?????

That is VERY interesting, ESPECIALLY after the very awkward "ad" for Cowboys Fit during the swimsuit episode last season. I wouldn't go so far as to say Victoria was cut with an eye toward that, I don't think CMT tips their hand on whether they're renewing until they see viewer numbers and advertising dollars from the season - and see what advertiser commitments they have for a prospective next season - but if they do renew, this is an interesting preview of a possible/likely storyline.

8 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

The director/choreographer of the DCRB posted a clip from the Halftime Show. They do manage to switch things up each year,

I really like this group. Wouldn't mind seeing some episodes about them and the selection/audition and practice process!! Unlike DCC, it seems like they change their routines from year to year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if/how the choreo will change now that Michelle Keys is out of the picture? I am absolutely NO expert whatsoever on dance or choreography but it seems like the dance steps and the choreo has gotten kind of outdated and repetitive over the last few years. I'm sure it's tough to learn all the steps the DCC has to learn in a season but it seems like they keep doing the same things. I'm so sick of Thunderstruck I could just cry.

Also, did someone get released under the radar? It seems like Jinelle has danced in almost every game this season. Is it just because we notice Jinelle more, whether as a regular DCC or an All Star, than we did past All Stars who were filling in or have there been that many absences and illnesses/injuries this season? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jinelle and she has always been one of my favorites but it seems like she's danced a lot more in a single season than any of the other All Stars.

On 12/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, MyFavShows said:

Her role this season has been very odd.  They’ve had all stars that have performed in multiple games before - like Emma did it a lot the season after she retired - but Jinelle is taking it to a whole new level.  Like it seems like she’s doing EVERYTHING with the team versus just showing up to do Thunderstruck at games.

She’s giving me a serious “refuses to get on w/ her life and would be a DCC forever if she could” vibe.  How old is she again?

I'm curious about this too. She's at least 31. The Daily Mail Australia did an interview with her in late December 2014 and she was 27 then. I love seeing her, it just seems we've seen her a lot this season. And, I suppose, social media wasn't around to the extent it is now so we didn't see how often Emma or some of the other All Stars performed during a single season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, Michele Butler said:

Totally agree with you regarding the choreo. TPTB are not utilizing the skill set of these women adequately. They are so talented in so many areas.  I realize that the style is Power-Pom, but spice it up already!

Absolutely. I mean, we watch the solos during auditions, which are absolutely brilliant and showcase the incredible talents and physical abilities, then they go into training camp and learn what seems like pretty basic choreo to these routines.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Bennie said:

Found out Lexie also got Abby Bear!  Game Day girl, Abby Bear, and a Cowboys win!  Great night for her!

LEXIE!!! FOR POINT!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nene said:

I wonder if/how the choreo will change now that Michelle Keys is out of the picture? I am absolutely NO expert whatsoever on dance or choreography but it seems like the dance steps and the choreo has gotten kind of outdated and repetitive over the last few years. I'm sure it's tough to learn all the steps the DCC has to learn in a season but it seems like they keep doing the same things. I'm so sick of Thunderstruck I could just cry.

Also, did someone get released under the radar? It seems like Jinelle has danced in almost every game this season. Is it just because we notice Jinelle more, whether as a regular DCC or an All Star, than we did past All Stars who were filling in or have there been that many absences and illnesses/injuries this season? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jinelle and she has always been one of my favorites but it seems like she's danced a lot more in a single season than any of the other All Stars.

I'm curious about this too. She's at least 31. The Daily Mail Australia did an interview with her in late December 2014 and she was 27 then. I love seeing her, it just seems we've seen her a lot this season. And, I suppose, social media wasn't around to the extent it is now so we didn't see how often Emma or some of the other All Stars performed during a single season.

A few years ago, Mia was covering a bit, but you're right.  It probably wasn't on social media.

This season, Yuko missed games cause of a car accident.  Daphne missed a game with flu symptoms.  Lauren had an injury that prevented her from doing kickline.  Khalyn had a work commitment and had sat out a game.  And someone posted above that it looked like Gabby and Ashlee were missing from their group yesterday.  I think I'm missing someone else, but they did use Jinelle a lot this season to fill in.

Jinelle works for the DCC org unlike the other All Stars who filled in, so I think it's just been easier for K&J to throw her in.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Bridget looks like she’s perilously close to having a wardrobe malfunction in this picture... It also kind of appears like she has some subtle highlights, but it’s possible that her hair always was this color, and I just never noticed.

Image-1.thumb.jpeg.8d8cf5b8f6692d7c0bbce11c57eb43de.jpeg

I noticed her highlights in this pic too.  I'm not sure what I think yet... but there are a lot of dark haired girls and and a lot of blondes so maybe this in between color adds some variety to the squad hair colors. To me Bridget isn't the best looking girl but it seems like she is a forum favorite so I'm trying to keep an open mind.  She just hasn't wowed me yet the way it seems everyone else here is wowed by her.  I kinda wonder if people like her extra since she's an animal lover with a somewhat interesting job (no complaints with that, just an observation!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/5/2019 at 7:58 PM, scorpio1031 said:

So you think this might be the new CMT banner for the show?????

Just speculation, but if TLC was filming her I think it would have leaked by now. VK is a pretty girl so I'm not surprised Cowboy Fit is using her---but I wish she wasn't raised to think the only thing in life that matters is the DCC. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Loves2Dance said:

Just speculation, but if TLC was filming her I think it would have leaked by now. VK is a pretty girl so I'm not surprised Cowboy Fit is using her---but I wish she wasn't raised to think the only thing in life that matters is the DCC. 

I would think that if Cowboy Fit plays into her "story", then they would film before tryouts.  It's still too early.  They probably won't announce a new season for awhile if there is one.

If it was true last season that she was told she was a shoo-in for the team, I can easily see Kelli telling her that they have a comeback story planned for her.  After all, her social media accounts are filled with fans telling her they hope she comes back.  Her TH's will be filled with I should have, I could have, I made the mistake of...….and so on.  I can see the cameras following her at the gym, prep class, working with Kitty or Jenn, etc.

If she was raised to believe DCC is all that matters and then there is the chance of becoming a reality star for a second year, then I think it will be harder for her to break away from it all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

In previous years, they only used All-Stars to fill in for Thunder.  For the rest of the game, whichever group was missing a person would have to rearrange their formations.  This year, since Jinelle is on staff as well as being an All-Star, she has learned all of the routines and can fill in on the sidelines if needed.  She's pretty much their "alternate" DCC.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

It looks like Jinelle's filling in for Gabby.

Wonder what happened with gabby 

Share this post


Link to post

I will be in L.A. this week, and am taking my son to Saturday's Cowboys-Rams game at the Coliseum.  It will be our first NFL game ever.  Too bad the DCC do not travel to away games, but at least I will get to see the Cowboys and Rams play a (hopefully) great playoff game.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I will be in L.A. this week, and am taking my son to Saturday's Cowboys-Rams game at the Coliseum.  It will be our first NFL game ever.  Too bad the DCC do not travel to away games, but at least I will get to see the Cowboys and Rams play a (hopefully) great playoff game.  

Hope you have a blast.  If the DCC were going to perform, since I'm in L.A., I would've tried to go see my first ever football game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, pisces125 said:

Image-1.thumb.jpeg.8d8cf5b8f6692d7c0bbce11c57eb43de.jpeg

I noticed her highlights in this pic too.  I'm not sure what I think yet... but there are a lot of dark haired girls and and a lot of blondes so maybe this in between color adds some variety to the squad hair colors. To me Bridget isn't the best looking girl but it seems like she is a forum favorite so I'm trying to keep an open mind.  She just hasn't wowed me yet the way it seems everyone else here is wowed by her.  I kinda wonder if people like her extra since she's an animal lover with a somewhat interesting job (no complaints with that, just an observation!)

These girls look really out of place in the DCC standards in this pic....sorry not trying to be mean

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Wonder what happened with gabby 

She performed Thunderstruck and the Halftime..I saw her....She is by DCC standards a little over uniform weight based off the two performances that I saw...I dont know though if that is the reason she cant perform sideline

Edited by 8dallas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

These girls look really out of place in the DCC standards in this pic....sorry not trying to be mean

She performed Thunderstruck and the Halftime..I saw her....She is by DCC standards a little over uniform weight based off the two performances that I saw...I dont know though if that is the reason she cant perform sideline

Wow thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

These girls look really out of place in the DCC standards in this pic....sorry not trying to be mean

 

They’re all fit, have nice facials, nothing over the top ugly or out of place, pretty hair, and all in sync with this dance move. What about this is not DCC standard?

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Newmanbritt said:

They’re all fit, have nice facials, nothing over the top ugly or out of place, pretty hair, and all in sync with this dance move. What about this is not DCC standard?

I agree - they all look great!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Bridget looks like she’s perilously close to having a wardrobe malfunction in this picture

And that's not the 1st one.  Either her knot gets tied almost beyond its limits, or the blouse is way too small.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I love how Bridget's entire face lights up when she smiles.  Very approachable and real.  I think her highlights look great.

Bridget n gurlz.jpg

Edited by go4luca · Reason: can't spell for shite today
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Hope you have a blast.  If the DCC were going to perform, since I'm in L.A., I would've tried to go see my first ever football game.

You should come to Saturday's game anyway @go4luca!  But since you are fortunate enough to live in L.A. full time you can always begin your live football experience next fall with a UCLA or USC home game at the Rose Bowl or the Coliseum respectively.  I will keep my eye out for any current or former DCC in the stands ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, California Girl said:

You should come to Saturday's game anyway @go4luca!  But since you are fortunate enough to live in L.A. full time you can always begin your live football experience next fall with a UCLA or USC home game at the Rose Bowl or the Coliseum respectively.  I will keep my eye out for any current or former DCC in the stands ;) 

USC?!!  Bite your tongue, woman!  I'm a Bruin to the core!  Seriously, enjoy every nano second and I hope you do spy some DCC in the stands.  If you do, take pictures or it never happened!   ;o)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×