Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

K & J wanted Jinelle to teach VK good eating & exercise habits -- both of which she is more than capable of doing given the chance. Just because she is naturally thin doesn't mean she doesn't have the knowledge. Yes, people like Tasha have struggled with weight/toning issues -- but the key is that, while successful at times, they seem to continue to struggle. VK doesn't need that kind of advice (she seemingly already knows how to go up & down) she needs to learn good, strong habits that will keep the weight off. Many on the team could benefit from Jinelle's knowledge.

Yes, but body types are different, give her a girl that went through what she is going through....its easier to have someone like that than Jinelle whom I love do it..its like asking a supermodel types on how they got the body they got...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

K & J wanted Jinelle to teach VK good eating & exercise habits -- both of which she is more than capable of doing given the chance. Just because she is naturally thin doesn't mean she doesn't have the knowledge. Yes, people like Tasha have struggled with weight/toning issues -- but the key is that, while successful at times, they seem to continue to struggle. VK doesn't need that kind of advice (she seemingly already knows how to go up & down) she needs to learn good, strong habits that will keep the weight off. Many on the team could benefit from Jinelle's knowledge.

that's along the lines of what I was thinking....I certainly don't know anything about VK's habits, but at a guess my thought is that she probably eats her feelings (if so, I'm giving her a high five from the same corner), and that what she probably needed was someone with really healthy ingrained habits who could show her some structure, and that was the reasoning behind it.  Beyond that, Jinelle is and will always be one of my forever favorite DCCs for her incredible kindness and thoughtful nature, which would have made her an outstanding mentor, for VK or for any aspiring DCC.

On an unrelated note, I was catching up on my reading from earlier posts here and saw the Jenn K mentions about white wedding dresses and purity.  My immediate thought was of Miss Manners, and her reaction to the premise that the color of a wedding dress is somehow meant to represent the state of one's hymen (Judith Martin is my snark goddess).  Specifically, she said, "what is most improper, in Miss Manners' opinion, what is, in fact, indecent, is the widely held notion that the wedding dress is supposed to reveal to all the world the condition of the bridal body inside."

giphy.gif

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

Yes, but body types are different, give her a girl that went through what she is going through....its easier to have someone like that than Jinelle whom I love do it..its like asking a supermodel types on how they got the body they got...

Easier to identify with, yes, BUT the girls that went through what she went through (although, really, who else gained that much & made/stayed on the team?) seem to still be going through it. The point that most people seem to be missing is Jinelle's job wasn't to teach her how to lose weight per se (although that would hopefully be the end result), but to teach her good eating & exercise habits (that would hopefully result in helping maintain her weight without all the yo-yo/crash dieting). 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amber said she was hitting In and Out every night for a double double.  Now if you are doing something like that, high in protein, and not getting fries or a regular soft drink, you'd be fine.  But if you have a burger, and fries, and a shake, and a pie...………...anyone else hungry??

Even the burgers could cause problems. Fast food restaurants are notorious for high calorie/low nutrition foods (even the burgers, especially when you start adding on the trimmings). The double-double protein style is 33g of protein, but it's also 39g of fat (60% of your daily value). It's 520 calories, 351 of which are from fat -- not that great. Sounds like Amber was one of the lucky ones who could get away with it, but not everyone (most likely VK) could. If Jay heard her say this, I'm sure he would be having a heart attack. This is why the majority of them could probably benefit from Jinelle's knowledge. It sounds good to only have the hamburger, until you start breaking down the nutrition facts -- then not so much.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Easier to identify with, yes, BUT the girls that went through what she went through (although, really, who else gained that much & made/stayed on the team?) seem to still be going through it. The point that most people seem to be missing is Jinelle's job wasn't to teach her how to lose weight per se (although that would hopefully be the end result), but to teach her good eating & exercise habits (that would hopefully result in helping maintain her weight without all the yo-yo/crash dieting). 

I get that, as a inbetween jinelle and VK bodytype...I also tried to help people with eating habits and training...however we woman seem to want to follow the type we are...I mean or change ourselves like the kardashian clones AHHHHHH

• Love 1

They wanted Jinelle to mentor VK because VK needs to make a complete lifestyle change, not go on a diet. If she doesn't then she is just going to gain and lose weight, and struggle for her entire life. Jinelle and Kelli Q both do the clean eating life. Some girls can get away with eating what they want, VK can't. I suspect that the habits and food Jinelle was teaching seemed intimidating/ too hard for VK. Its easier/ less scary to stick with what we know. VK has learned bad yoyo diet crap from her mom. Easier to listen to mom than be told you can never have dessert again, I suspect. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, raindancer said:

that's along the lines of what I was thinking....I certainly don't know anything about VK's habits, but at a guess my thought is that she probably eats her feelings (if so, I'm giving her a high five from the same corner), and that what she probably needed was someone with really healthy ingrained habits who could show her some structure, and that was the reasoning behind it.  Beyond that, Jinelle is and will always be one of my forever favorite DCCs for her incredible kindness and thoughtful nature, which would have made her an outstanding mentor, for VK or for any aspiring DCC.

On an unrelated note, I was catching up on my reading from earlier posts here and saw the Jenn K mentions about white wedding dresses and purity.  My immediate thought was of Miss Manners, and her reaction to the premise that the color of a wedding dress is somehow meant to represent the state of one's hymen (Judith Martin is my snark goddess).  Specifically, she said, "what is most improper, in Miss Manners' opinion, what is, in fact, indecent, is the widely held notion that the wedding dress is supposed to reveal to all the world the condition of the bridal body inside."

giphy.gif

Jen A is a troll who thinks she's above it. No girl, you are one of us.

Hopefully, Jen A will embrace her new role as a mother and let go of her DCC former life. It's time to move on ... That's a wrap.

• Love 7

When it comes to diet and lifestyle changes, I think people respond to different methods/people in different ways. It’s really up to VK to find out what works for her, not K&J. Some people have to do diets/work out with a buddy. I’m kind of the opposite. Some ppl like to take tips from people who have similar lifestyles and body types as they do. Others like to try and emulate the hardcore clean eating/health/exercise people. Same with diets in general. A low calorie, balanced diet with some protein, some sweets, some bread etc works best for me. I’ve never had luck trying to basically cut out sugar or carbs. Yet, i have friends who never had luck until they went on the keto diet. There’s no one size that fits all. 

So with that said, I don’t fault K&J for thinking that Jinelle would be a good reference for VK, and I don’t fault VK for the fact that it didn’t work out (though she is at fault for how she handled it). VK will just have to figure out a diet and exercise regime that is conducive to her body and habits. 

• Love 2

Imagine if we were offered Jinelle as a personal diet and nutritional lifestyle mentor, for f'n FREE! VK is an idiot. All she had to do was literally keep her pie hole shut and she would have been a DCC. Sad and laughable, at the same time.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

"Who is that with Heather? Maggie?"

I mean Maggie was legit the standout of her rookie class...how could this questions be possible im shookith

Well sorry...I remembered her face but not her name.  Kinda hard to remember so many names.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Well sorry...I remembered her face but not her name.  Kinda hard to remember so many names.

hahaha its all good, i just miss her she was awesome! I legit thought she would be a 4th year vet for sure

• Love 2
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amber said she was hitting In and Out every night for a double double.  Now if you are doing something like that, high in protein, and not getting fries or a regular soft drink, you'd be fine.  But if you have a burger, and fries, and a shake, and a pie...………...anyone else hungry??

And that's how they knew VK was getting milkshakes after practice.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Do y'all think that Cassie's legacy/scandal as a DCC influenced VK's "I'm a shoe-in" attitude?

No. I think her mother has been telling her (brainwashing) her whole life that she will be a DCC. It's been spoon fed to her since she was born (& possibly in the womb, if Tina found out the sex while pregnant). It is all she knows. Nothing to do with Cassie.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

No. I think her mother has been telling her (brainwashing) her whole life that she will be a DCC. It's been spoon fed to her since she was born (& possibly in the womb, if Tina found out the sex while pregnant). It is all she knows. Nothing to do with Cassie.

Ok. Got it. Thanks 

14 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hey, how did you do that???

Molly and Rachel A. are looking less like twins. In a good way.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Remember when Holy P. got called in for weight and not on!y did she loose the weight, she won the fitness competition. She was a champ!

Same thing happened with Kandi in Season 1.  One of the best dancers, almost cut for weight and she won the fitness challenge (biking, swim, run if I remember right)

35 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Wasn't her original twitter handle something like "Victoriakdcc" ??

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 5
On 12/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, TexasBorn said:

Imagine if we were offered Jinelle as a personal diet and nutritional lifestyle mentor, for f'n FREE! VK is an idiot. All she had to do was literally keep her pie hole shut and she would have been a DCC. Sad and laughable, at the same time.

My issue with Victoria was that her boss (Kelli) asked her to work with Janelle (DCC staff member.) Victoria agreed. Then she decided not to do it and basically tried to turn them against Jinelle.

All Victoria had to do was tell Jinelle she didn’t want to work with her or she changed her mind. Victoria thought she was making it and didn’t need to listen to Jinelle or Kelli.

Its funny in a good way that Jinelle cried about retiring but ended up dancing every game anyway. I will always like her.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 15

Favorite Rookie of Each Season: Cause Bored

S1 :  Deryn Derbigny

S2 : Natalie Woods

S3 : Jordan Chanley

S4 : Ashton Torres

S5 : Sasha Agent

S6 : Emma Dutton

S7 : Jacie Scott

S8 : Jinelle Davidson

S9 : Erica Wilkins 

S10 : Robin Richardson

S11 : Maggie Rouse

S12 : Lexie Sullivan

S13 : Briana Baisden

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I actually like VK out of all the Legacies ......shoot me

After hearing about all this Cassie drama, I'm with you. VK is just annoying, but harmless. I blame her mother for her entitled upbringing. I'll take a bullet for that.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

After hearing about all this Cassie drama, I'm with you. VK is just annoying, but harmless. I blame her mother for her entitled upbringing. I'll take a bullet for that.

I mean she seemed really sweet compared to past legacies...

I mean this shot made my heart hurt for her

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS00R0pP8BT63SoIuI8EPA

40 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Cassie didn't do anything that other DCCs haven't done. She just gets more hate/blame because she's Judy's daughter. I can't believe all the continued hate for one DCC who has been gone for so long. It's like she peed in a bunch of posters' cereal or something.

• Love 14

I dislike Cassie with a passion. She was babying her knee one season and another cherrleader got hurt and Cassie was asked to fill in and she literally rolled her eyes on camera and had a holier than though mini melt...it will be forever captured and stored in the MTT vault. She is a horrible human. I have no sympathy for those types of people. I cant like Judy because Judy helped turn her daughter into a horrible adult, therefore Judy isnt that great of a person either.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Cassie didn't do anything that other DCCs haven't done. She just gets more hate/blame because she's Judy's daughter. I can't believe all the continued hate for one DCC who has been gone for so long. It's like she peed in a bunch of posters' cereal or something.

Naw.... Cassie just wasn’t a nice person when she was a DCC. No clue what she’s like now, but she doesn’t just get more hate/blame because she’s Judy’s daughter. I don’t hate Cassie but I’ll never be a fan. 

• Love 9
On 12/26/2018 at 7:19 PM, 8dallas said:

Jinelle being asked to help VK with her diet was cute, but lets be real.. Ive seen Jinelle many times in person at games/events for the cowboys she is thin as thin can get. VK, needed like Tasha to help her honestly...LIke they legit tried to fit a square into a star shape with this pairing and it was a disaster from the jump...like skinny mini woman jinelle helping a teen who hasnt even realized she is a woman yet..

Jinelle helping Yuko 100% awesome

VK needed like a Meredith, Britney Shram, or like I said Tasha to help her

Its alot....alot

I respect your opinion. I see things differently. If VK truly needed someone other than Jinelle to help her with weight issues, then what's stopping her? Spend the time with Jinelle as her would-be future boss told her to do, and then hire someone else (on her own) who she felt better meets her needs. In my job, if my boss assigned someone to coach me, then I would do what my boss said and accept coaching from the designated person. If I felt that I needed additional help on the side, then that's up to me to find it and make it happen. I guess I simply cannot understand why it would be DCC's responsibility to help a candidate (not even an actual team member, but a candidate) to the candidate's preferences and specifications. Is there any organization on the planet that actually does that?

On 12/26/2018 at 5:38 PM, hannahbanana said:

Yep, & she sabotaged VK's chances with her diet/workout advice, too. She's sneaky that way, you know.😆

You mean that advice that VK never got because she didn't return Jinelle's calls and texts? :-)

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Thebiglebowski said:

I dislike Cassie with a passion. She was babying her knee one season and another cherrleader got hurt and Cassie was asked to fill in and she literally rolled her eyes on camera and had a holier than though mini melt...it will be forever captured and stored in the MTT vault. She is a horrible human. I have no sympathy for those types of people. I cant like Judy because Judy helped turn her daughter into a horrible adult, therefore Judy isnt that great of a person either.

She filled in for Lauren Williams in season seven. Lauren lost her balance and injured her ankle while doing the kick line at field rehearsal. I don't recall Cassie ever rolling her eyes during that episode, but Judy did in the locker room when Kelli mentioned there'd be rehearsals the next day. As the choreographer, Judy knew that would be expected, but as Cassie's mom, she was probably dreading what could happen if Cassie's injury got worse.

Edited by CowboysFanatic
  • Love 4

Here's a video that I found of the squad's pregame performance before the game against the Buccaneers (12/23/18).

The audio in the beginning is a bit odd, considering other videos with the music from the squad's pregame routine doesn't get copyrighted. Other than that, I wish they'd get rid of those game day clips so those recording won't keep going back and forth, from the field to the jumbo tron.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Favorite Rookie of Each Season: Cause Bored

S1 :  Deryn Derbigny

S2 : Natalie Woods

S3 : Jordan Chanley

S4 : Ashton Torres

S5 : Sasha Agent

S6 : Emma Dutton

S7 : Jacie Scott

S8 : Jinelle Davidson

S9 : Erica Wilkins 

S10 : Robin Richardson

S11 : Maggie Rouse

S12 : Lexie Sullivan

S13 : Briana Baisden

1. I won't be doing S1 and 2 because I haven't seen those seasons. And I'm holding off on S13 until at least next cheer season starts.

2. @8dallas You're a Lexie stan? Cool! I don't see many of those on this board. What draws you to her?

Anyways....
S3: Sydney Durso

S4: Ashton Torres

S5: Nicole Bulcher

S6: Brittney Schram

S7: 3-way tie between Chelsea Chaney, Danielle Marie & Olivia Sharber

S8: Jennifer Amburn

S9: Melissa Wallace

S10: 3-way tie between Amy T., Kashara Garret & Megan C.

S11: Heather H.

S12: Molly Neumesiter

On 12/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, 8dallas said:

Jinelle being asked to help VK with her diet was cute, but lets be real.. Ive seen Jinelle many times in person at games/events for the cowboys she is thin as thin can get. VK, needed like Tasha to help her honestly...LIke they legit tried to fit a square into a star shape with this pairing and it was a disaster from the jump...like skinny mini woman jinelle helping a teen who hasnt even realized she is a woman yet..

Jinelle helping Yuko 100% awesome

VK needed like a Meredith, Britney Shram, or like I said Tasha to help her

Its alot....alot

I agree. Jinelle is very knowledgable about nutrition, and if your future boss says GO SEE THIS PERSON YOU SHOULD, but, however, I'd be pissed if they sent me somebody like JInelle, who is genetically very thin and trim, and 90% like that from genetics. Yeah, she eats clean, blah blah, but she has a totally different foundation to build on than say Meredith, Tasha, Shram, etc. 

It's like if they sent, I don't know, Tess, Nicole Bulcher, Amber, or somebody else really hourglass curvy out there to Jinelle and said "ok, eat this and do some sit ups, and you'll get a perfect hourglass shape and grow five inches". Not going to end up with the same results. 

10 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

100% here, too. Other fave's have been just as bitchy and/or wild and NOTHING HAPPENED. Seriously, why is Cassie still brought up EVERY DAMN DAY. She gone. BYE!

• Love 2

Hi Everyone, I have been gone for months dealing with my son's illness. So sorry this is a repeat question to many. But can someone bring me up to speed? Has anyone left? Who was announced Pro Bowl, Who is retiring, Is there going to be another painful year of MTT? And where can I watch the best dancing clip of wannabe tryouts etc?

Sorry for being a bother but I can't seem to get through hundreds of posts before a nurse or Dr comes in with questions. Thanks in advance.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Hi Everyone, I have been gone for months dealing with my son's illness. So sorry this is a repeat question to many. But can someone bring me up to speed? Has anyone left? Who was announced Pro Bowl, Who is retiring, Is there going to be another painful year of MTT? And where can I watch the best dancing clip of wannabe tryouts etc?

Sorry for being a bother but I can't seem to get through hundreds of posts before a nurse or Dr comes in with questions. Thanks in advance.

Lacy is going to pro bowl kashara and lacy only ones we know for certain they are retiring and mtt new season hasn’t been announced yet 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Lacy is going to pro bowl kashara and lacy only ones we know for certain they are retiring and mtt new season hasn’t been announced yet 

thank you. I am actually surprised there hasn't been continued mess. But happy for that as well.

Edited by IzzyEnd
hit enter to fast-tired Mom mode on default
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Lona said:

1. I won't be doing S1 and 2 because I haven't seen those seasons. And I'm holding off on S13 until at least next cheer season starts.

2. @8dallas You're a Lexie stan? Cool! I don't see many of those on this board. What draws you to her?

Anyways....
S3: Sydney Durso

S4: Ashton Torres

S5: Nicole Bulcher

S6: Brittney Schram

S7: 3-way tie between Chelsea Chaney, Danielle Marie & Olivia Sharber

S8: Jennifer Amburn

S9: Melissa Wallace

S10: 3-way tie between Amy T., Kashara Garret & Megan C.

S11: Heather H.

S12: Molly Neumesiter

For Lexie, We got some screen time during her rookie season, but they always edit to show the underdogs/problem childs which is cool I guess. However, that means the good dancers don't get showcased as much...I mean Kinzie and Jacie never got an intro spot ever season 7 which always bothered me..

I think Lexie is a great dancer and has an awesome look. She is very nostalgic of the 90s with her look to me 90s beach girl hair and healthy frame. She went under the radar due to the whole...Savannah/Christina/Alexandria/Kerya/Molly etc. haha on the bubble story arc that took over her rookie season. Her and Rachel both seem to not get a lot of love...which is a shame they are great IMO, not over the top, great looks, and dance strong...

Lets look at their rookie season showcase:

Major Rookie Story Arc Girls/UnderDogs Based of different scenarios to make the team Dance, Look, Personality etc: 

Alexandria Stavropoulos, Christina Riccelli, Gina Ligi, Keyra Ford, Lauren Parker, Savannah Heineken, Molly Neumeister.

The Notorious Standouts:

Alexis Peterson, Kalyssa Singleton, & Miranda Tims.

The Underrated Never Shown: 

Lexie Sullivan, Rachel Alexander, and Tara Szybillo - These girls barely got any screen time, I always wondered who they were during season last year killing it in the back lines. They are all really good...super sad Tara got Cut over some of the other girls....Christina, Molly, Savannah, Miranda, Alexis even....

4 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Honestly, I like Cassie more since hearing the USO tour story. Good for her. 

HAHAHAHAHAH YAS 

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 2

I couldn't care less if Cassie made a porn in her uniform called Cassie does Cadettes. It's the fact that her choices she made with her body forever tarnished the USO relationship with the DCC.

Shame, shame, shame ... Insert GoT meme.

In addition, my heart goes out to ALL the military wives who hold their homes down for their families. God bless.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

I couldn't care less if Cassie made a porn in her uniform called Cassie does Cadettes. It's the fact that her choices she made with her body forever tarnished the USO relationship with the DCC.

In addition, my heart goes out to ALL the military wives who hold their homes down for their families. God bless.

What??  What did Cassie do that tarnished the USO relationship w/ the DCC?

24 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

What??  What did Cassie do that tarnished the USO relationship w/ the DCC?

It's somewhere on the board ... No offense, but I'm done posting about CT.

For the record, I just recently became a DCC fan (season 12 watcher). I had NO IDEA about all this scandal, therefore I'm not that deeply invested. I just like making jokes. Sorry for offending people who've been watching since day 1. You just can't please everyone.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

No. The grown ass adult man soldier who slept with a young girl in a tour tarnished their relationship with the USO.

my heart does go out to any wife, military or otherwise, married to a man that can’t keep his dick in his pants. They should direct their rage at the guy who made the vow of marriage though.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

No. The grown ass adult man soldier who slept with a young girl in a tour tarnished their relationship with the USO.

my heart does go out to any wife, military or otherwise, married to a man that can’t keep his dick in his pants. They should direct their rage at the guy who made the vow of marriage though.

How do you know he was married??

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

How do you know he was married??

I have no idea, nor do a care. But it was specifically stated an officer’s wife was SO MAD about Cassie. And my point is, that is displaced anger and slut shaming. If a military wife is so upset, blame the soldier banging the 18 year old visitor. 

honestly, if our military can not resist the temptation of Cassie on a USO tour, we have bigger problems.

• Love 6