Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I am watching the final episode again and at the part where they are taking pictures with their families, Bridget runs to hug her family and the top of her tights are showing in the back. I’m surprised I didn’t notice it the first time because it isn’t just a little bit that is showing. Anyone else notice?  BTW I love Bridget!!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Squad intro video

Savanah and Kashara looked really pretty at the end.  Amy and Maddie, not so much - they just really will never look like DCC to me, and neither of their their hairstyles help with that at all.

It looks like they lightened rookie Rachel’s hair some and cut it shorter.  I think it looks better.

4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Not very good this year, but there is a bonus video:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/behind-the-scenes-2018-dcc-squad-photo

Geesh - Kelli and Judy BOTH need to be wearing more makeup in this - they look really washed out.   Especially Kelli 

2 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Oh and help me here, my favorite isle for dummies is closed for renovations...what does Jenny-gate mean? HEY! Stop that, no fair laughing at the board's new village idiot. I'm fragile :) 

Not laughing, just feeling very old.

JennA-gate: the "scandal" last season about Jenna texting Shelley (while K & J were in Ohio at Hall of Fame) to ask if she would still be point after getting in trouble for "enabling" (joining) Holly with partying/fraternizing with players, etc, instead of discouraging/stopping/possibly reporting her as a "good little" group leader should have done (from the Watergate scandal back in the 1970's (you know, back in the dark ages when most posters here weren't born yet ?) -- attach "-gate" to the end of something to indicate it is/was a scandal).

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Not laughing, just feeling very old.

JennA-gate: the "scandal" last season about Jenna texting Shelley (while K & J were in Ohio at Hall of Fame) to ask if she would still be point after getting in trouble for "enabling" (joining) Holly with partying/fraternizing with players, etc, instead of discouraging/stopping/possibly reporting her as a "good little" group leader should have done (from the Watergate scandal back in the 1970's (you know, back in the dark ages when most posters here weren't born yet ?) -- attach "-gate" to the end of something to indicate it is/was a scandal).

Thank you. I never would have put that together. See..told you I was the village idiot. Thanks for info

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I agree.. this wasn’t my first season to watch. It’s just frustrating and as a viewer, kind of lame for lack of a better word to see the same bs over and over again. Only this time with personal inhibitors. Please add something new, different, exciting, and not the same crap next season. I mean I’ll probably still watch (?) but it doesn’t make it any less annoying and boring overall. If you’ve had the same people watching this show for 13 years, for the love, please give us something good. 

I totally get you. It really is the same show every year. Because of it, I think a lot of us have some degree of DCC: MTT fatigue. We're so familiar with it that it makes it easier to notice when something odd, inauthentic, illogical, or seemingly out of character happens. I realize it's hard to keep this kind of thing fresh, and I do appreciate some of the tweaks they made this year. It's probably difficult to cater to both new watchers and those who've been watching for 14 years. They have to cover the basics (....yes/no/maybe...) but the basics are hella boring.

3 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

Thank you @sleepyjean for keeping me focused on the fact this is a show. I wish I could trust things are as transparent as its presented. Up to when they started the fan vote, impressions seemed more informational, but its so much "show" in the show. Rewatching some old seasons, I did hear the broken record of "best group of rookies", "worst part of my job", because cuts are so hard. After about the 5th season of hearing that I mentally deleted that as being truthful ( just in a generalized way). Not that no one is hard.

How cool would it be to have the history channel or whoever,  something do a six-part series that does an in-depth documentary style filming? Capturing the whole DCC culture. Someone on here mentioned a version of that already I think.  For example, If National Geo was to do a factual story, wow that is intriguing. I would totally watch 6, 2-hour specials on it. 

Oh and help me here, my favorite isle for dummies is closed for renovations...what does Jenny-gate mean? HEY! Stop that, no fair laughing at the board's new village idiot. I'm fragile :) 

"its so much "show" in the show." <-- that's it, in a nutshell. I'd like some reality with my "reality" please, LOL. I would totally watch a documentary.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Squad intro video

That was really good -well done.

(I assume the title is meant to be Roster Reveal not Roster Real.)

• Love 3
On 10/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, DBAAT said:

Just looked at all the girls bio's. Not very impressed with the exception of a few. Most of them are dance, barre or fitness instructors. Only a few with actual jobs.

To be fair, I think many of them are qualified to do other things and it’s more that dance instruction fits the DCC lifestyle more for schedule flexibility, etc.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Savanah and Kashara looked really pretty at the end.  Amy and Maddie, not so much - they just really will never look like DCC to me, and neither of their their hairstyles help with that at all.

It looks like they lightened rookie Rachel’s hair some and cut it shorter.  I think it looks better.

Geesh - Kelli and Judy BOTH need to be wearing more makeup in this - they look really washed out.   Especially Kelli 

Yeah, I noticed that, too. They looked half asleep. 

I hope Gina does become point and who cares about her bellybutton when you have a body like that? I would be ok with looking like Gina ?‍♀️ Good for her for not changing it and accepting it as how she is . 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

I hope Gina does become point and who cares about her bellybutton when you have a body like that? I would be ok with looking like Gina ?‍♀️ Good for her for not changing it and accepting it as how she is . 

I love Gina!  My belly button comment wasn't directed toward her!  I didn't notice hers.  And you are correct--it does not matter one bit.

I was actually just talking about me.   

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Gigi88 said:

If Gina didn't like her belly button she'd get it fixed like the other parts she didn't like. Seriously, BELLYBUTTON? I pick her to dealth LOL I know, but her bellybutton? I wish her face looked better in action shots bc I really think she just didn't know the Texas culture and how bad she came off bragging on herself, even if she can back up her brags with her dance. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, KatieC said:

I am watching the final episode again and at the part where they are taking pictures with their families, Bridget runs to hug her family and the top of her tights are showing in the back. I’m surprised I didn’t notice it the first time because it isn’t just a little bit that is showing. Anyone else notice?  BTW I love Bridget!!

I love her too and I noticed in first watch 

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Seriously, BELLYBUTTON?

LOL reminds me of one of the Bachelor seasons where a contestant was hurt because she was being mocked behind her back about having ugly toes.  If ugly toes is the worst thing someone could think of to pick on, I'd say that's pretty damn good :)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Opine said:

Why are we talking about belly buttons?  What did I miss?  And while we are having the belly button confessionals, I have to say (and I have been reluctant to say), I hope Gina doesn't make point because I don't like her belly button.

I should have ducked at the end of this comment!  Yes, I know it is just a small part of her look, that's why I never brought it up until someone else did.  For those of us in this world with belly button issues, it's just kind of a big deal.  FWIW, I have very deep seated belly button issues :).  I also think hers is so eye-catching because she has an awesome, flat, beautiful belly that I would KILL for!!!

16 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Squad intro video

They need to play a video like this at the beginning of each DCC:MTT to help us figure out who's who. They could make it shorter by just having 3 or 4 of the rookies standing next to each other at a time on the screen or even just panning down a long row of them with names underneath, but we would actually get at least a glimpse of each rookie & her name!

• Love 8

So I love this intro video and have watched like 100x. 

Have to say opening with Lexie makes me hope she's in the triangle next year. She is exactly what they look for and can keep up with dance. Gina looks better in motion, too. Still shots, I still don't know. Never going to think Maddie fits DCC but she looks good too. Love Tasha. Not sure why but I do. Lauren is so cute and approachable. Heather looks great. Need more Khalyn ALWAYS. Never paid much attention to Miranda but I don't get the matronly comments. She really is super pretty. Kashara and Molly I want to hang out with. They look like so much fun. 

None of the rookies make me want to go WOW WHO IS SHE except maybe Jalyn and Gabby. Taylor and Erin, possibly but they're the next Lexie and Alexis LOL. Just from looks. 

Ok bad stuff. Hannah is really pretty in person. But dang she has moments where she does look rough. Like she'll cut you rough. I don't know how they can fix that.  Kelli Q's intro dance is irritating. Christina looks way too thin in the face especially, like body builder thin. Jessika - such a blender. I don't get how they can make her hair look so dull and ashy, plus like it needs brushed.  

Finally, it pains me to say this bc I LOVED Lacey in the beginning, but DAMN GIRL STOP MESSING WITH YOUR FACE. WTH is she doing to herself? Way too much makeup and stop with the fillers. Her lips and cheeks are so stretched and she looks like she's in drag or something with so much glam going on. YOU DO NOT NEED THIS LACEY. I mean i know she's not the only one with some procedures, but if it's just too much makeup, WIPE SOME OFF. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

They need to play a video like this at the beginning of each DCC:MTT to help us figure out who's who. They could make it shorter by just having 3 or 4 of the rookies standing next to each other at a time on the screen or even just panning down a long row of them with names underneath, but we would actually get at least a glimpse of each rookie & her name!

I really liked this intro video. I could tell all of them had a lot of fun with it. :)  Kashara stole it with that smile of hers. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5

Maybe they will have one today...who knows? I am guessing they will make sure all costumes are appropriate and I am sure the ladies will mind their P's and Q's if attending private parties so as to avoid a Lil' Wayne/Sombrero situation.

Edited by tinabee1967
18 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Squad intro video

Love it!! My immediate thought was this would be great if they shortened it for the DCC game intro video, as once Lacey retires there will be no current DCC in it! :( Fantastic video and they all look so cute doing their moves lol

• Love 1

Loved the video too. Random thoughts: 

Molly and Vet Rachel both look like they'd be fun to hang out with, even if I never figure out how to tell them apart.

Few people can pull off winking, and Tess is not one of them.

Rookie Rachel looked like a weirdly airbrushed, personality-less doll. 

Jessika was strangely adorable in this video. I cannot explain why, except that she reminds me of one of my daughter's classmates (who is 2, for the record).

Amber could probably afford to not tie her top quite so tightly, as her boobs have been pushed up somewhere around her jawline.

And Goddamn, Alexis is really, really, ridiculously good-looking. 

• Love 7

I know this is the wrong thread and this discussion has props been had. However,  I dont think I have ever been so gutted about Tara and Malena's cuts..I was super sad and based off this intro video there a couple girls that could def be replaced with those two...I can't!

Also, I agree Judy and Kelli should step down soon, its time for new blood. They have done a good job, but some of there DCC styled dances/protocols are dated.

Lacey's goodbye was hard to see, but thats life. I was put off by Kashara it seemed she was above the DCC and she was one of the best to ever do it. She isnt even in my top 36 dancers/lookers throughout DCC history. She needs some humility

Lastly, Miranda looks like a HBIC that you see Music Video/Movie entrance she has grown on me as well as Gina. Who is Caroline though...she is kind of bland.

Bless

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I was put off by Kashara it seemed she was above the DCC and she was one of the best to ever do it. She isnt even in my top 36 dancers/lookers throughout DCC history. She needs some humility

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

some of there DCC styled dances/protocols are dated.

Let's just say I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if Thunderstruck were replaced.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Let's just say I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if Thunderstruck were replaced.

oopp hahahah! exactly!!! 

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Thank you!

I mean she got rookie of the year from one of the weakest rookie classes they have had on this show...It should have went to Robin anyway am I right? 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

However,  I dont think I have ever been so gutted about Tara and Malena's cuts..I was super sad and based off this intro video there a couple girls that could def be replaced with those two...I can't!

Agree about Tara FOR SURE. Malena is pretty, but sadly had memory issues and did seem to really struggle while dancing with a group. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, 8dallas said:

I mean she got rookie of the year from one of the weakest rookie classes they have had on this show...It should have went to Robin anyway am I right? 

Interesting, which rookies class(es) did you think was/were the strongest?  Feelings about Kashara aside, I thought that was one of the stronger rookie classes, especially over the last several years, so it’s intetesting to see different opinions on this. Megan C, Holly, Amy T, Robin....honestly I think those 4 could stand up to the top 4 girls from just about any year dance wise (my memory gets dicey pre-season 6, I fully admit). Jax, Claire, Stephanie, Amy (current vet), and Kash are also strong dancers or performers IMO.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

55 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

And Goddamn, Alexis is really, really, ridiculously good-looking.

So true!  Totally girl crushing on Alexis. I wish I could simply slo-mo walk and look that sexy!

Edited by suebee18
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, KatieC said:

YES YES YES!! I love Bridget! She is precious :) 

• Love 4

My Ranking of this Squad, due to boredem before work haha, from to least to most liked based of My Opinion 

36. Caroline - Forgettable

35. Madeline - If you combined Heather/Allie cut vets you get Madeline

34. Christina - I liked Kat more if we needed a weak vet.

33. Hannah - Great dancer, but she gives me weird vibes about being a good teammate.

32. Jessika - A vet that survives even when she seems more rookie every year for some reason

31. Taylor - Glad she made it, but still lacks in "WOW" - Kelli Finglass

30. There is only one rookie I cant name, she is pretty but I dont remember her name at all dark hair blue eyes. A prettier Bess.

29. Alanna - She is a good dancer, still seeing how she made it based off everything else.

28. Brigette - Seems very Collegiate still.

27. Heather - A vet that was the blandest of her strong rookie year imo.

26. Amy - She isn't bad, but she is very similar to Sarah Gourley and that is minus points to me ha.

25. Daphane - I like her name

24. Jayln - She gives me Holly vibes, might just be the hair color idk idk.

23. Molly - She is cute...thats it

22. Maddie - I dont get the fuss, her dancing is mechanical and inorganic to me.

21. Savannah - Is a beauty queen, she will get the swimsuit cover next year watch. weak on dance still.

20. Rachel Vet - Im surprised she hasn't gotten cut for her weight, not that I think she is big but she is bigger than others that were cut for weight.

19. Kashara - She is too big for her boots and still gets outdanced by Lacey/Khalyn.

18. Rachel Rookie - She is the next Kinzie/Tobie 

17. Cianna - She is Cersten meets Courtney Cook. 

16. Erin - She def improved and I think she is fun to watch

15. Brennan - I rooted for her the most, glad she made it

14. Briane - Glad she made it, excited to see her future as a DCC

13. Lauren - She has grown on me over the past 3 years.

12. Miranda - She is moving up the ranks for me. This generation's Justine Phillps 

11. Kelli - Who I always call Tina because she looks like a Tina, I want her to eat though she seems malnourished.

10. Gabby - She gives off a California girl vibe and that is needed, to much Stepford Wives on this show hahah.

9. Ashlee - She is going to be a superstar, She is a show in herself

8. Gina - Moved up my ranks alot this year, she will be a point one day or will she hmmm...

7. Tess - I have always kept my eye on Tess she is turning into a Glamazon as we speak. Queen

6. Alexis - Was a standout for me last year as a rookie.

5. Lexie - Is that Darkhorse for me that came out of nowhere and won the race of her rookie class.

4. Yuko - I know alot dont like her dancing, she is a very cute dancer and I have a soft spot for her. #LeaveYukoalone hahaha

3. Khalyn - Should be triangle. that is all

2. Tasha - I know she has been the one people have been on the fence with. To me though she gives a old school cheerleader vibe in a good way. She looks like a confident women not a little 18 year old flipping hair so hard she breaks her neck.."kaylssa"

1. Lacey - Supreme Queen 

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Interesting, which rookies class(es) did you think was/were the strongest?  Feelings about Kashara aside, I thought that was one of the stronger rookie classes, especially over the last several years, so it’s intetesting to see different opinions on this. Megan C, Holly, Amy T, Robin....honestly I think those 4 could stand up to the top 4 girls from just about any year dance wise (my memory gets dicey pre-season 6, I fully admit). Jax, Claire, Stephanie, Amy (current vet), and Kash are also strong dancers or performers IMO.

I think compared seasons before and now, that rookie class in Looks and Dance the squad just didnt impress. Megan C. was a good dancer I just always  annoyed me with her facial expressions it was always this hole smile like she was on uppers or somthing, Amy T. was alright. I love Robin she should have gotten the Rookie of The Year. Holly was a problem child waiting to happen, I saw it her Rookie year on the field. Jax was the most un DCC looking girl if there ever was one. Claire/Bess/Stephanie/Amy bland, boring, forgettable. sorry.

• Love 3

I've been binge watching one season a night for the last couple of days and last night I finished season 10. I had no idea that Maddie was cut and now she's a well-respected 3 year vet and group leader. It's interesting to note that 2015 was also Holly's first year (who also had a weight issue!) and we all know how that ended. It goes to show that maybe TPTB aren't the best at making decisions after all. It's OK if you're a bit heavy nowadays but God forbid you not be in the "DCC style" or be a "poor dancer". #JusticeForTara

• Love 7

Y'all I'm not mad at Tara, but it amazes me how nobody ever talked about her and as soon as she's cute she's the #1 FAVE. 

Yes, I think other vets and rookies should have been cut before Tara, and shes so pretty, but where is all this love coming from now?

Not mad at any posters either, we can all like who we like, and hate on who we want, too.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Especially if we are going to get a repeat of Victoria Making the Team.  It might be the only way we can know the rest of the TCC candidates. ?‍♀️

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Y'all I'm not mad at Tara, but it amazes me how nobody ever talked about her and as soon as she's cute she's the #1 FAVE. 

Yes, I think other vets and rookies should have been cut before Tara, and shes so pretty, but where is all this love coming from now?

Not mad at any posters either, we can all like who we like, and hate on who we want, too.

You kind of answered it. :) 

Edited by Jesslyn
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kevinrm27 said:

I've been binge watching one season a night for the last couple of days and last night I finished season 10. I had no idea that Maddie was cut and now she's a well-respected 3 year vet and group leader. It's interesting to note that 2015 was also Holly's first year (who also had a weight issue!) and we all know how that ended. It goes to show that maybe TPTB aren't the best at making decisions after all. It's OK if you're a bit heavy nowadays but God forbid you not be in the "DCC style" or be a "poor dancer". #JusticeForTara

The judges can't know who will go on to be a superstar. Maddie may be terrific now, but it doesn't mean that she shouldn't have been cut her first time around. Someone here said it best, and I can't remember who, but just because someone is great now doesn't mean they were always great. If someone wins a gold medal at the Olympics this year, and didn't place at all four years ago, doesn't mean they were worth of a gold medal four years ago and the judges were wrong back then. People grow, develop, get better over time. The reverse is also true. Fact is, we have no idea why Tara was *really* cut, but I guarantee you, there were reasons. And the fact that those reasons were not made clear tells me it's something they really don't want to get into publicly.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6

I rewatched last season, and it was a noticeable difference in Tara. Last year she had a happy spark. This season, it looked like it went out. Maybe that environment just isn't for her, and the best thing possible for her is to no longer be a part of it since I've seen a few videos where she looks like the spark is back.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

The judges can't know who will go on to be a superstar. Maddie may be terrific now, but it doesn't mean that she shouldn't have been cut her first time around. Someone here said it best, and I can't remember who, but just because someone is great now doesn't mean they were always great. If someone wins a gold medal at the Olympics this year, and didn't place at all four years ago, doesn't mean they were worth of a gold medal four years ago and the judges were wrong back then. People grow, develop, get better over time. The reverse is also true. Fact is, we have no idea why Tara was *really* cut, but I guarantee you, there were reasons. And the fact that those reasons were not made clear tells me it's something they really don't want to get into publicly.

Agreed on all counts. It's just kinda silly to see some vets and TCC's get cut for lesser reasons in previous seasons considering what other vets and a certain TCC have been able to get away with the last two years.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kevinrm27 said:

Well, it is kind of all about the "DCC style" & dance. ? 

I definitely think Maddie needed to be cut her first training camp, she came back so much better (which, admittedly, some people still don't think is all that great). Yea, she might have also improved if she had been on the team that year, but I really think she needed that year to come down, dip in her toes, find out what it was really all about, & then go home & get polished. I don't think there is any shame in not making the first time out.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, BananaBreads said:

Rookie Rachel is dressed as Bruno Mars and her costume is way too close to blackface for me...

I was going to say that i wonder if the wrong Person will see that and say she is racist 

• Love 2