Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Monique said:

Not to mention that some DCC are her bridesmaids but I guess they will figure it out

3 hours ago, Monique said:

Not to mention that some DCC are her bridesmaids but I guess they will figure it out

4 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was thinking of ways she might make it work, but I'm thinking it's not possible. She could be scheduled for an early morning panel interview, but then her bridal party might run into an issue too. It also is basically an all day thing to get ready for a wedding. 

This reminds me of a time when a big day was known months in advance but the boss still scheduled me to work.   IF Lexie was planning on coming back, she probably scheduled her wedding based on the history of the dates and commitments. 

A later date does allow for more college dancers to audition.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

who in their right mind for do this for a part time job?

in any normal universe an employer would say “hey, come in a day or two before and we will do your interview”z

Yep.  Most employers let people take off time for their weddings.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

From Twitter

DsEPDaoVAAA_eEF.jpg

This seems to be the perfect expression for Christina. It’s the face I envision her making. Lol. Guess the photographer understood who she is pretty quickly. 

45 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

This reminds me of a time when a big day was known months in advance but the boss still scheduled me to work.   IF Lexie was planning on coming back, she probably scheduled her wedding based on the history of the dates and commitments. 

A later date does allow for more college dancers to audition.  

I guess it doesn’t matter that one of the girls weddings is the day of interviews though the wedding may be in the evening. They may be able to schedule her first or something. I would think Judy and Kelli are invited.

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

They get two weeks in between Semi-Finals and Finals... I don't think they have ever done that before.

I had heard they were pushing auditions up but I guess they are making them later. Maybe they will cut back training camp from the slog it was this year.

Edited by rose711
5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Being a non-US girl myself, I was thrilled to see her make the team. Her and Janelle also have rugby backgrounds which is my favourite sport. 

I do think Angela got complacent in the end. I liked her at the start but when she came back for her 5th year, she seemed sort of over it from the start. Like someone said, she had a husband or was engaged so cared about other things then.

Jinelle, on on the other hand, is probably my fave DCC of all time (I’ve only seen MTT since Angela got on the team). She seems more approachable and genuine. I hope she stays as part of the DCC family for a while! 

Jinelle might be my favorite too because she seems so genuine,humble and fun. I liked her right away when i saw how good she looked on the big screen compared to how thin she looked in the studio.  I rewatched a season where she said in First Meetig that she’s a black belt in karate (I think) too. Remember the time when she auditioned for show group even though she almost passed out from the pain? Or when she helped Yuko not be so homesick but to persevere?

3 hours ago, veronicamers said:

The ones I think we know: Amy, Kashara, Lacey, Miranda, and Christina

Maddie too I thought? Is this the first year they lose all 4 group leaders? Edit to add - yes someone else said Maddie too. Sorry I overlooked that post before.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Christina and Miranda have been added to the list of retiring veterans.

I could see Miranda retiring for various reasons, but, given how long Christina's been at the audition process, I would have thought she would try to stay on the team for as long as possible.  My first thought when I saw this was that Christina wanted to retire before she was cut.  She probably knew that, if she had a bad solo again this year, in addition to another strong potential rookie class, she would likely be cut.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I could see Miranda retiring for various reasons, but, given how long Christina's been at the audition process, I would have thought she would try to stay on the team for as long as possible.  My first thought when I saw this was that Christina wanted to retire before she was cut.  She probably knew that, if she had a bad solo again this year, in addition to another strong potential rookie class, she would likely be cut.

Ehh could just be that’s she’s getting older. Not too many girls in their 30s are DCCs. Although she’s only been on the team 2 years, she’s been invested in the process for so long. I would be ready to hang up the boots too. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Ehh could just be that’s she’s getting older. Not too many girls in their 30s are DCCs. Although she’s only been on the team 2 years, she’s been invested in the process for so long. I would be ready to hang up the boots too. 

I wonder if making the team is really the big accomplishment - not how many years you last - for almost all the girls. I understand being a group leader and show group are pluses but it seems staying a year is enough to get you into the “sisterhood” an the pluses or being a DCC.

is it my imagination that girls are staying fewer years than before? I may think that because the show focuses on certain girls.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, rose711 said:

I wonder if making the team is really the big accomplishment - not how many years you last - for almost all the girls. I understand being a group leader and show group are pluses but it seems staying a year is enough to get you into the “sisterhood” an the pluses or being a DCC.

is it my imagination that girls are staying fewer years than before? I may think that because the show focuses on certain girls.

Yeah, staying 2 years actually makes a lot of sense to me, especially for the middle-of-the-road girls who aren't likely to be group leaders or have prominent positions in the triangle. They get to have the experience of being a rookie and one year as a veteran. I can definitely see how that would be enough for many girls. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

in any normal universe an employer would say “hey, come in a day or two before and we will do your interview”z

I have to disagree with this. If it's AN employer interviewing A single candidate, I can see them making accommodations. But they have to assemble a panel of judges and interview 80 women, and they have to have the venue and the crew in place for all of it. That's over a hundred people who need to be organized, present, and ready to go on that day, all of whom have had six month's advance notice to arrange their own busy schedules. At that point, it's not about accommodating a single person's personal plans, veteran or not, wedding or not. I'm sure nobody on the team would ask for or expect that kind of special treatment.

I can imagine the howls of outrage if Lexie got to do a quick/quiet interview with Kelli and Judy in their office instead of facing off against Charlotte and company like everyone else has to.

2 hours ago, rose711 said:

Jinelle might be my favorite too because she seems so genuine,humble and fun.

Jinelle seems like a nice person. I would like to see her move on and invest herself in something else. She's in her (early) thirties and professional cheerleading has dominated her life for past decade. I don't know how she's managed to support herself all this time, but there aren't a lot of lucrative positions in this field.

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

It's your imagination. Average tenure is 2-3 years and has been since the show started. There have been 222 cheerleaders on the team since the 2 hour special in 2005. only 51 of those (23%) made it past the 3 year mark.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I know it’s unpopular, but I really like Victoria’s dancing (still).    Her extension in her arms is so pretty.

I think this is her best. She needs to stay in her lane. Power pop pom is not for everyone.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Who is left? Alexis, Gina, Rachel, Molly, Savanah ...

Kellie Kahlyn Tess yuko Jessika Heather o unless two or three of these ladies retire as well 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KatieLen said:

Honestly, that solo picture of Alexis is terrible. Mid "prune" definitely

All 4 of those photos are terrible IMO.  They look like they are ill or something.  Considering how attractive they both are, it’s pretty interesting how they somehow made them look bad.

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

All 4 of those photos are terrible IMO.  They look like they are ill or something.  Considering how attractive they both are, it’s pretty interesting how they somehow made them look bad.

Between these hoodies and the outfits with the weird cutouts, I think they should stick with Rebel.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Can we just add Jessika to this list and will it into existence.

1. Love your username lol

2.  Not necessarily directed only to you, but I have been wondering why many don't seem to take to Jessika. Is it because she is a blender? Or is there another reason I've missed lol.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Monique said:

Lexie must be retiring too if her wedding is May 31st.

12 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I was thinking of ways she might make it work, but I'm thinking it's not possible. She could be scheduled for an early morning panel interview, but then her bridal party might run into an issue too. It also is basically an all day thing to get ready for a wedding. 

I would be upset if I had not planned on retiring and chose that wedding date based on previous years' audition dates.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'll agree she DOES look thinner there, but needs to either tone up or lose more depending on what that small pudge is from.  Yes, she's thinner than she was there at the end of Training Camp, but she's not DCC thin yet, which is sad of me to say.  Kelli is the one who puts the MOST pressure on all the girls to be thin, whether or not it's their natural size.  I won't go into my issues with Kelli on that because people here already know it.  I would like to see Victoria doing far more styles of dance, getting out of her comfort zone, etc.  So far, it seems that the only thing she's really working on is her figure and nothing else, but I'll wait to see what happens.

It's hard to tell how much is real weight loss & how much is clothing/movement hiding "pudge" (for lack of a better term). I agree with everyone else. It's something she is going to fight the entire time she wants to be a DCC.  "DCC thin" is just not her natural body type.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I have to disagree with this. If it's AN employer interviewing A single candidate, I can see them making accommodations. But they have to assemble a panel of judges and interview 80 women, and they have to have the venue and the crew in place for all of it. That's over a hundred people who need to be organized, present, and ready to go on that day, all of whom have had six month's advance notice to arrange their own busy schedules. At that point, it's not about accommodating a single person's personal plans, veteran or not, wedding or not. I'm sure nobody on the team would ask for or expect that kind of special treatment.

I can imagine the howls of outrage if Lexie got to do a quick/quiet interview with Kelli and Judy in their office instead of facing off against Charlotte and company like everyone else has to.

Jinelle seems like a nice person. I would like to see her move on and invest herself in something else. She's in her (early) thirties and professional cheerleading has dominated her life for past decade. I don't know how she's managed to support herself all this time, but there aren't a lot of lucrative positions in this field.

It's your imagination. Average tenure is 2-3 years and has been since the show started. There have been 222 cheerleaders on the team since the 2 hour special in 2005. only 51 of those (23%) made it past the 3 year mark.

I think people would understand if they accommodate her wedding which was planned before this announcement. If people don’t understand, then they aren’t worth caring about.

Kelli and Judy have  already destroyed any idea that they are impartial and don’t play favorites. There’s no reason to expect anyone believes that now.

I feel bad for her if she wanted to come back and chose a date that accommodate try outs. I also wonder about her bridesmaids if any will be trying out or if Kelli and Judy are going to her wedding. It really must feel bad to be in her position.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Between these hoodies and the outfits with the weird cutouts, I think they should stick with Rebel.

Yeah, those are awful.  They make even slim girls look fat!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lona said:

1. Love your username lol

2.  Not necessarily directed only to you, but I have been wondering why many don't seem to take to Jessika. Is it because she is a blender? Or is there another reason I've missed lol.

Thanks!

And, For me she’s like Christina, a blender and just blah, but I also think she gets heavier and older looking (like haggard) every year. I know they’ve cut vets for less so idk how she’s managed to fly under the radar. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I never know, but why do people think girls are going to retire once they get engaged? Can't they be a DCC and plan a wedding and all at the same time? Can't they be married and be a DCC?

They CAN and some have, but I can only imagine how stressful it would be.

12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

That's interesting because I can see this as the exact reason she wold only stay for a few years. She's tried out so many times, has gotten older, and has finally gotten the privilege to join the team. I think she's lived her dream and is fine leaving the org now.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I never know, but why do people think girls are going to retire once they get engaged? Can't they be a DCC and plan a wedding and all at the same time? Can't they be married and be a DCC?

THANK YOU. I think it's more like a lot are already planning to retire and then get married, not like they have to retire. Sriously, how self absorbed is it to take years or months to plan a wedding. Trust me we have Big Fat Weddings in my fam but life still goes on and we all have school, church, jobs, etc. 

1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Thanks!

And, For me she’s like Christina, a blender and just blah, but I also think she gets heavier and older looking (like haggard) every year. I know they’ve cut vets for less so idk how she’s managed to fly under the radar. 

Jessika blends, looks big at times and has zero personality. Cannot string together sentences. Why they love her i do not know. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Sriously, how self absorbed is it to take years or months to plan a wedding. Trust me we have Big Fat Weddings in my fam but life still goes on and we all have school, church, jobs, etc. 

I so agree with this.  My wedding wasn't all-consuming, I just had some people I had to meet with a few times, it's really not that big a deal that it interferes with your everyday life.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

THANK YOU. I think it's more like a lot are already planning to retire and then get married, not like they have to retire. Sriously, how self absorbed is it to take years or months to plan a wedding. Trust me we have Big Fat Weddings in my fam but life still goes on and we all have school, church, jobs, etc. 

Jessika blends, looks big at times and has zero personality. Cannot string together sentences. Why they love her i do not know. 

They love her personality. We don't know it because we haven't seen it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I think some of the speculation about girls retiring after becoming engaged is because several of the DCCs seem like they have done that. Certainly, planning a wedding and being a DCC, as well as being married and being a DCC, is doable, just like with any other job.

I do think there are some issues with the DCC schedule that make choosing a date dicey, issues that are not necessarily there with other jobs. Most ppl have vacation days that they are free to take them when they want as long as internal policies are followed. With the DCCs, their schedule conflicts a bit with the wedding season - auditions in May, training camp during the whole summer, practice and games during the fall. (Personally, I hate cold weather and other than my birthday and Christmas, winter is my least favorite time of year, so a winter wedding was not even remotely appealing to me when i was planning). Likewise, Kelli and Judy don’t seem like they want to make a habit of excusing girls from training camp or practice for a week so they can go on a honeymoon. Therefore, I don’t think it’s that surprising that some of the DCCs who probably are already thinking of retiring, plan their wedding to occur when they’re done with cheerleading.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Some of it may also be wanting to start a family- DCC is a full-year commitment, and it's really not compatible with pregnancy. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think some of the speculation about girls retiring after becoming engaged is because several of the DCCs seem like they have done that. Certainly, planning a wedding and being a DCC, as well as being married and being a DCC, is doable, just like with any other job.

I do think there are some issues with the DCC schedule that make choosing a date dicey, issues that are not necessarily there with other jobs. Most ppl have vacation days that they are free to take them when they want as long as internal policies are followed. With the DCCs, their schedule conflicts a bit with the wedding season - auditions in May, training camp during the whole summer, practice and games during the fall. (Personally, I hate cold weather and other than my birthday and Christmas, winter is my least favorite time of year, so a winter wedding was not even remotely appealing to me when i was planning). Likewise, Kelli and Judy don’t seem like they want to make a habit of excusing girls from training camp or practice for a week so they can go on a honeymoon. Therefore, I don’t think it’s that surprising that some of the DCCs who probably are already thinking of retiring, plan their wedding to occur when they’re done with cheerleading.

No I gree with you that they plan the wedding to happen after they retire. I don't get why people say they retire just so they can get married, or will have to retire bc they are engaged now.

50 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Some of it may also be wanting to start a family- DCC is a full-year commitment, and it's really not compatible with pregnancy. 

insert mental pic of sexy hips with a big belly

Although both Shelly B and Whitney were preg at Pro Bowl.....amazing to have any stamina.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rose711 said:

So are there more one and done girls these past years or do most stay for 2?

There's been quite a few since the 2005 show. 

Some only stay a year and choose not to re audition (Yoshiko, Gina B, Natalie W, Loni L, Candace C, Stefani P, Vanessa J, Amber Lea, Stephanie H, Emily Claire,  Mandy)

Some do come back for a 2nd but get cut (Melissa, R, Deanna H, Kristin H, Dulce R, Kelli Jo, Lauren C, Olivia S, Cassie K, Jenna, Kamilah, Alyssa T, Meagan M, Kali, Collin, Teri, Courtni Shea, Morgan, Ashley Pro, Breelan, Kat, Allie)

Some leave after a year but then come back after 2 or 3 years (Carrie Stillwell). Some we just don't know why they didn't audition after a year (Kaitlyn La Rae).

Also the ones who didn't make a full year (Alexandria, Kalyssa)  or got cut near the end or the season (Jennifer McMahon).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

There's been quite a few since the 2005 show. 

Some only stay a year and choose not to re audition (Yoshiko, Gina B, Natalie W, Loni L, Candace C, Stefani P, Vanessa J, Amber Lea, Stephanie H, Emily Claire,  Mandy)

Some do come back for a 2nd but get cut (Melissa, R, Deanna H, Kristin H, Dulce R, Kelli Jo, Lauren C, Olivia S, Cassie K, Jenna, Kamilah, Alyssa T, Meagan M, Kali, Collin, Teri, Courtni Shea, Morgan, Ashley Pro, Breelan, Kat, Allie)

Some leave after a year but then come back after 2 or 3 years (Carrie Stillwell). Some we just don't know why they didn't audition after a year (Kaitlyn La Rae).

Also the ones who didn't make a full year (Alexandria, Kalyssa)  or got cut near the end or the season (Jennifer McMahon).

I thought Kaitlyn La Rae was released for weight gain, and that Dulce only tried out for the one year.

Some girls only try out for a year or two cause they have already spent years on another squad, which may be the case if Lexie doesn't try out again.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I so agree with this.  My wedding wasn't all-consuming, I just had some people I had to meet with a few times, it's really not that big a deal that it interferes with your everyday life.

I think it really depends on several factors, the participants, their careers, and how their "expectations" of said wedding. 

For me, the wedding was just the starting off point of my marriage.  Mine, family and fiancé, work schedules were the priority, wedding was worked around work schedules and family. 

However, I have known people that feel their wedding is a once in a lifetime "event" and do not want "work" to interfere with the celebration of this event.  So many just take the entire week off to prepare and celebrate with friends and family and take the following week off as well for honeymooning.

• Love 1