Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, TexasBorn said:

Meagan picked RW because she can say she had the runner up Miss America as one of her back-up dancers. 

that just doesn't seem like something Megan Trainor would care give a crap about.  I feel like she's the type who would hate beauty pageants but i dunno, maybe her management made final call.  

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that just doesn't seem like something Megan Trainor would care give a crap about.  I feel like she's the type who would hate beauty pageants but i dunno, maybe her management made final call.  

It's her first Thanksgiving halftime, huge audience at the stadium and from home - she's going to want dancers who know what they are doing and can perform.  Unlike...……...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It wasn’t the final formation because the rookies weren’t included, but at Oxnard last year, I believe the triangle was Lacey, Jenna, Kashara. Holly was behind Jenna in Khalyn’s spot. Erica was inured, so it’s unclear where she may have ended up. However, while the person in that Khalyn/Erica/Kinzie position is highly visible when they transition out of the triangle, you can make the argument that Lacey and Kashara had better positons than Holly in the actual triangle. I assume part of it may have been the urge for a blonde up there with Kashara and Lacey having seniority over Holly.

After I said the triangle probably would have been Erica, Jenna, & Holly I got to thinking that would have put 2 brunettes & a dark red head in the triangle. Not impossible, but they do like to mix it up, so putting a blonde in there somewhere makes sense. And with Erica frequently being injured, would they have placed in such a prominent position? So much for my guesses/predictions. (Remember, though, I was the first (a month or so ago, in another thread, I believe) to call Yuko for point for next year. ?)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

Meagan picked RW because she can say she had the runner up Miss America as one of her back-up dancers. 

49 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I hope you were being sarcastic, @TexasBorn?, because, yea, I just don't see how this could be even remotely important to a singer. How would it even come up in conversation? "You had great backup dancers at that Cowboys halftime show." "Yea, one of them was 1st runner up to Miss America." "Oh, wow, really? That's so cool." Or maybe she lists it on her "resume" under former backup dancers: 4 DCC, one of whom was 1st runner up to Miss America!

I wonder how much say K&J had in who was chosen?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasBorn said:

I agree that Molly has a great figure BUT she's NOT thick at all. I've met Molly in person. She's actually an athletic string bean size 0.

I've seen her in person too, she has a muscular body and I do think thicker/more muscular, in my opinion. Not fat or needs toning AT ALL but not as lanky needs as sammich looking as Kelli, Lacey, Gina, etc. Maybe she looks 'bigger' compared to say Kelli, or Gina, bc Molly is taller. Molly has an ideal body.

59 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I've seen her in person too, she has a muscular body and I do think thicker/more muscular, in my opinion. Not fat or needs toning AT ALL but not as lanky needs as sammich looking as Kelli, Lacey, Gina, etc. Maybe she looks 'bigger' compared to say Kelli, or Gina, bc Molly is taller. Molly has an ideal body.

I must have a different perspective when it comes to describing someone as "thick". I would describe girls like Rachel A and  Holly P as "thick".

• Love 1

Well, this time last Friday I had made it to Dallas for a Monday Night Football weekend. I had a fantastic trip!!  Did the Star Hqtrs tour on Saturday, did the full stadium tour on Sunday (Rally Day), met 6 of the cheerleaders, saw the DCR&B perform, danced the MNF pre-game away on the Plaza, cheered my heart out and basked in the excitement of a Titans victory!! I had great seats & got to see the DCC dance up close & personal. They are the best!  Even 3 who, to me were more lackluster in pop and performance than the others, would shine brightly on other squads (I decided not to name the 3 because it's just my opinion; don't care to post & counter-post with others who might disagree). Anyway, great time; so glad I went!  

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, DKay said:

Well, this time last Friday I had made it to Dallas for a Monday Night Football weekend. I had a fantastic trip!!  Did the Star Hqtrs tour on Saturday, did the full stadium tour on Sunday (Rally Day), met 6 of the cheerleaders, saw the DCR&B perform, danced the MNF pre-game away on the Plaza, cheered my heart out and basked in the excitement of a Titans victory!! I had great seats & got to see the DCC dance up close & personal. They are the best!  Even 3 who, to me were more lackluster in pop and performance than the others, would shine brightly on other squads (I decided not to name the 3 because it's just my opinion; don't care to post & counter-post with others who might disagree). Anyway, great time; so glad I went!  

Would love to know what groups these ladies were in that you thought were not as strong. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

There's no purchase necessary.  If one chooses to enter, one can put the requested information on a 3x5 card and mail it in. 

Oh that’s cool didn’t know that 

On 11/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

In my opinion, Maddie’s costume isn’t racist or even close.  People can’t do shit any more without being labeled as inappropriate or racist.  I’m Arab and I could give a shit if someone dressed up in a hajib for Halloween.  I also feel it’s dangerous and inappropriate to call someone a racist for any little thing.   It’s the go to word for everything now. 

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 18
16 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I wonder how much say K&J had in who was chosen?

I think whoever management for trainor is probably handles most of this, puts dancers/singers through the paces and Trainor has final say.  So, I think it highly likely they asked Kelli and Judy who they recommended and as long as everything else worked out took them.  Kelli and Judy know this will get a lot of press so I imagine they are thinking of face and photos with RW- can't imagine Trainor has time or cares about that.  

Edited by Mardo2044
On 11/6/2018 at 4:22 PM, Jess14 said:

Is Jinelle the only All Star who has performed during Thunderstruck this year? It kind of seems like they have a designated All Star every year who is the go-to for filling in. Was Emma for a while and then Jenn K seemed to fill in quite a bit last year.

I always thought they picked Emma out of the all stars because she always maintained a slim figure.  (of course other great qualities, pretty, dance etc)

17 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed....I seriously doubt MT could care at all about whether or not one of the DCC was a first runner up to Miss America.  Maybe Rachel W just rocked the audition...who knows??

• Love 3
18 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

IMO. Amy and Christina need to eat multiple sandwiches.

• Love 4

This sort changes the subject but it's relevant to social media. Has anyone noticed Kalyssa's insta lately? It's more and more nude stuff and I swear it is photoshopped to make her legs look longer. In the pics she looks 6 feet tall. I don't know why I care except she was my favorite rookie and I just don't think what she is doing now looks like a step up. I'm betting she pays for a ton of those trips and shoots. One pic she was totally nude in but her # said "bikini". Lol. One commenter told her to put on some clothes. It wouldn't surprise me if she started hashtagging playboy so she can get in their magazine. 

My thoughts on why Lauren wasn't one of the 4 picked have to do with her amazing abs. If she was on stage I imagine everyone would be gushing over her abs and that would be annoying if it grabbed attention over Megan Trainor.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

This sort changes the subject but it's relevant to social media. Has anyone noticed Kalyssa's insta lately? It's more and more nude stuff and I swear it is photoshopped to make her legs look longer. In the pics she looks 6 feet tall. I don't know why I care except she was my favorite rookie and I just don't think what she is doing now looks like a step up. I'm betting she pays for a ton of those trips and shoots. One pic she was totally nude in but her # said "bikini". Lol. One commenter told her to put on some clothes. It wouldn't surprise me if she started hashtagging playboy so she can get in their magazine. 

My thoughts on why Lauren wasn't one of the 4 picked have to do with her amazing abs. If she was on stage I imagine everyone would be gushing over her abs and that would be annoying if it grabbed attention over Megan Trainor.

Kalyssa is a Maxim "model" which is why she doesnt wear much in her pictures.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

It's also possible that Lauren wasn't one of the best dancers for what Meghan wanted, or that her job didn't allow her to take the extra time to practice.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

Idk, but I wonder if her opting out of calendar shoot had any bearing on her not being selected for "specials".  No knowledge, just posing the question.  I just remember one season Angela? someone didn't get GL because they turned down supposed optional appearances.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

Idk, but I wonder if her opting out of calendar shoot had any bearing on her not being selected for "specials".  No knowledge, just posing the question.  I just remember one season Angela? someone didn't get GL because they turned down supposed optional appearances.

Angela got turned down for show group her final season because she refused optional appearances not group leader.  The practice after she found out she didn't get show group she got called out for not performing or knowing the routine as well as rookies. She blamed it on having a bad night.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, regdgreen2018 said:

Angela got turned down for show group her final season because she refused optional appearances not group leader.  The practice after she found out she didn't get show group she got called out for not performing or knowing the routine as well as rookies. She blamed it on having a bad night.

Thanks for correcting me, that's right.  So I'm just saying they are optional but it does impact how the organization makes some decisions.  Just makes me wonder because Lauren is one of my faves... I hope she just had a work conflict instead of a missed opportunity.

• Love 1

Maybe Lauren didn’t get picked because she wasn’t one of the best dancers, maybe Meghan Trainor didn’t care for her look, obviously the four that were picked were better for this particular gig from the perception of who was choosing the dancers. I highly doubt Lauren not wanting to be in the calendar had anything to do with this. 

Oh and I heard Meghan Trainor was personally involved with selecting the dancers, but I haven’t verified that information. Some performers, like Madonna, Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears, are incredibly involved in selecting the dancers who will be on stage with them. Others are not. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Thanks for correcting me, that's right.  So I'm just saying they are optional but it does impact how the organization makes some decisions.  Just makes me wonder because Lauren is one of my faves... I hope she just had a work conflict instead of a missed opportunity.

Angela turned down appearances because she had one of those real actual jobs DCC claims everyone has. Her last year, she and her husband made a decision for her to cut back at work so she had availability for show group. 

Who knows the really reason she did not make show group, but the edit in that episode was a horrible edit for TPTB. It makes it look like they were punishing her for having a job.

• Love 11

Angela did not make show group because she did not have a good audition.  Kelli, Kitty, and Judy discussed her dancing was not as good as the others.  Then Kelli threw in that she turned down appearances.  In my binge watching getting ready for this season I watched the episode Angela did not get show group, and I could easily see why.  I also thought as a vet her obvious pouting was not very professional.  There are many DCC's who never made show group.

Maddie is a great hip hop dancer, Kashara brings pop and sass, Amber made show group as a rookie, and Rachel W is a beautiful girl and dancer.  It also could come down to the day of auditions  that those 4 brought it the most.

Congrats to Maddie, Kashara, Amber, and Rachel W!

• Love 3
On 11/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, Jess14 said:

The poster said it was a racist stereotype. I don’t see where anyone called Maddie a racist, which i agree would be out of line based solely on a costume. However, the “hood” is commonly known to refer to rough, lowerclass, usually black or minority, inner city (usually) areas.....it just is. 

I tend to agree that there are people who can see racial issues in anything. However, there are equally people who will bend over backwards to pretend that race is never a factor in anything. 

Once again Ms @Jess14, I find myself in agreement with you. I am a minority. In fact by DNA, have 17 nationalities. I never know if someone will speak Spanish to me, Sicilian, Polynesian, or ask me which part of Ireland is the best part to travel to for minorities. I find it sometimes frustrating to have those classified as white, spout off so often what is racist or not. Especially since in some areas, whites do not experience that part of life (in the manner I am referring too). In fact I find there are not as many racist people in the world as you would think. But there are millions of culturally ignorant ones who need to step back and stop assuming what is right and wrong or offensive or not, to people they know nothing about. I ran the Diversity training program for my healthcare system in NC, USA. THousands upon thousands of personalities came through, all having different ideals and knowledge. In the end, the truly racist ones were weeded out , ignorant ones put through rather extensive tiring training, and the others became stronger employees and mentors. I only had to move forward with 103 written warnings 8 terminations (after work violations related to issue) and 650 aggressive re-educations out of 9000. So based on that, alot of good people with bad information were milling about. Now I was not patting myself on the back. My company only did that to prevent lawsuits, not because they had good hearts or actually cared. But I was encouraged to find the good outweighed the bad and reaffirmed, the effect of the bad sadly ruins it for the rest.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

Angela turned down appearances because she had one of those real actual jobs DCC claims everyone has. Her last year, she and her husband made a decision for her to cut back at work so she had availability for show group. 

Who knows the really reason she did not make show group, but the edit in that episode was a horrible edit for TPTB. It makes it look like they were punishing her for having a job.

Didn’t she work at Lorna Jane? A real job for sure but not what she studied at school (physiotherapy) 

• Love 1
On 10/29/2018 at 2:12 PM, sleepyjean said:

I agree with all of this. From what I have observed, the photo has never been strictly about seniority. I think Judy starts with seniority when placing the women, but then moves people around based on things like hair color, popularity, figure, and facial beauty, if the DCC is her daughter, etc.

Made a little edit there ;)

• Love 2

what happened to going to a costume store or heaven forbid target-walmart-kmart and getting a costume? That way there's no interpretation ,guess or mis-guess what you're dressing up as.  I would have had a good time coming as the Grinch.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 11/9/2018 at 8:23 PM, DKay said:

Spill the tea, please. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, sATL said:

what happened to going to a costume store or heaven forbid target-walmart-kmart and getting a costume? 

I rewatched the Sex and the City movie on Netflix over the weekend, and this is making me think of the scene where Miranda was at the drug store & bought a witch hat and picked out a costume for Brady.

• Love 3

I've always liked Brennan's look and the mature way in which she carries herself, but it seems like she's been coming into herself even more since finally making the squad. She and Caroline, who doesn't get nearly enough attention around here, look great here.

Screenshot_20181111-173002_Instagram.jpg

Edited by PollyHowell
Had to re-attach the photo
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I rewatched the Sex and the City movie on Netflix over the weekend, and this is making me think of the scene where Miranda was at the drug store & bought a witch hat and picked out a costume for Brady.

Saw that too!!   love that movie. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

I've always liked Brennan's look and the mature way in which she carries herself, but it seems like she's been coming into herself even more since finally making the squad. She and Caroline, who doesn't get nearly enough attention around here, look great here.

Screenshot_20181111-173002_Instagram.jpg

Yeah, neither Brennan nor Caroline comes to mind automatically when I think of the most beautiful girls from the rookie class, but they both look great here. With Brennan especially, it seems like some of the nervous ticks are gone this year. I’m glad to see that she’s flourishing. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, neither Brennan nor Caroline comes to mind automatically when I think of the most beautiful girls from the rookie class, but they both look great here. With Brennan especially, it seems like some of the nervous ticks are gone this year. I’m glad to see that she’s flourishing. 

Looking at that picture above is so different from their Cameo's ... Brennan had trouble because of her cameo's last year I think ... the photographer said she was looking through her brows .... not being mean I though she was a little cross eyed .. but the picture above does not reflect that at all ... had to look twice to see that was Brennan .. guess it does depend on the angle and lighting ...

• Love 1

Social media really can tell a lot about someone’s character and value set. Someone who might appear gracious in most circumstances can show their true colors through a careless retweet or “like.” It’s one thing to have a thoughtful discussion in person, but many forget their manners online.

I like to think some are just naive instead of ignorant, but usually find it best to steer clear entirely. I would imagine any high profile person (or whatever a DCC would be) would want to avoid those controversial subjects for their public face. 

Three times in the past week I’ve looked at social media for a prospective employer, date, new friend and decided to avoid the situation completely based on what I saw. When someone tells you who they are, best to believe them.

• Love 14

I actually paid attention to the girl's profiles for once. The question about who they said they would want to have dinner with (famous person, dead or alive) is interesting lol.  Some of the responses:  Ashlee (Maya Angelou), Kashara (Dolly Parton), Brennan/Tasha/Vet Rachel (Ellen DeGeneres), Rachel W (Paula Deen....), Bridget (the Dalai Lama), Gina (Jackie O), Khalyn (Snoop Dogg lol), Lauren (Princess Diana), Briana (Oprah, Michelle Obama, or Meghan Markle), Alanna (Elvis).

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I actually paid attention to the girl's profiles for once. The question about who they said they would want to have dinner with (famous person, dead or alive) is interesting lol.  Some of the responses:  Ashlee (Maya Angelou), Kashara (Dolly Parton), Brennan/Tasha/Vet Rachel (Ellen DeGeneres), Rachel W (Paula Deen....), Bridget (the Dalai Lama), Gina (Jackie O), Khalyn (Snoop Dogg lol), Lauren (Princess Diana), Briana (Oprah, Michelle Obama, or Meghan Markle), Alanna (Elvis).

I'm calling bullshit on Gina's. I'm sure Jackie O was a perfectly pleasant woman, but she was known more for her fashion sense and "class" than her sparkling personality and wit. I'm guessing Gina gave the answer she thought Kelli and Judy wanted to hear. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

Re: Caroline. She doesn’t get a lot of attention here, but judging from social media, she seems to be a favorite among the rookies. 

I honestly think she'll be in the run for rookie of the year. She seems to be a locker room favorite. And even though she didn't get much attention on the show, she always caught my eye in the periphery with her strong, natural movement and Kashara-esque pop. I think they didn't want to spend too much attention on her because she obviously has family pull within the sports world and even though she clearly made it on her own merit, they don't want to come off as exclusive like that. But overall she's one of my favorites.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

I honestly think she'll be in the run for rookie of the year. She seems to be a locker room favorite. And even though she didn't get much attention on the show, she always caught my eye in the periphery with her strong, natural movement and Kashara-esque pop. I think they didn't want to spend too much attention on her because she obviously has family pull within the sports world and even though she clearly made it on her own merit, they don't want to come off as exclusive like that. But overall she's one of my favorites.

Why is it that I have no idea who these rookies are? I think the show/Kelly failed this year. Maybe they don’t want fans per  individual cheerleader? I dont know. I just really don’t care about many of them anymore. Lol. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Lauren (Princess Diana)

I'm right there with Lauren, I would have loved to meet Princess Diana!

7 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I'm calling bullshit on Gina's. I'm sure Jackie O was a perfectly pleasant woman, but she was known more for her fashion sense and "class" than her sparkling personality and wit. I'm guessing Gina gave the answer she thought Kelli and Judy wanted to hear. 

LOL Gina probably watched the episode where Kelli made Meghan Flaherty read the Jackie O book :)

2 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Why is it that I have no idea who these rookies are? I think the show/Kelly failed this year.

Funny how we see things different, for once I actually know the rookies.  The way you feel is how I felt last year, I pretty much only figured out this year who last year's rookies were.  I think I was pretty invested this year because I was insanely rooting for Brennan :)

3 hours ago, PollyHowell said:
7 hours ago, PhillyFan said:

Re: Caroline. She doesn’t get a lot of attention here, but judging from social media, she seems to be a favorite among the rookies. 

I honestly think she'll be in the run for rookie of the year. 

That would be nice!  Obviously I love Brennan (see above LOL), but my very close other favorites are Caroline & Bridget.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm right there with Lauren, I would have loved to meet Princess Diana!

LOL Gina probably watched the episode where Kelli made Meghan Flaherty read the Jackie O book :)

Funny how we see things different, for once I actually know the rookies.  The way you feel is how I felt last year, I pretty much only figured out this year who last year's rookies were.  I think I was pretty invested this year because I was insanely rooting for Brennan :)

That would be nice!  Obviously I love Brennan (see above LOL), but my very close other favorites are Caroline & Bridget.

Same as Lauren...I was and am a HUGE Princess Diana fan!

I would LOVE to see Brennan get ROTY....but Bridget is my second choice :) 

• Love 4