Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

2018 Season 13 Current Squad & Social Media

Recommended Posts

On 11/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I want to say I saw a longer clip at some point, but here is the quick one I found. It's terrible.

https://twitter.com/dccheerleaders/status/994959366796333062

Doesn’t look that “terrible” to me.  Not saying it’s good, but I’ve seen much worse.   Her figure looks amazing, so at worst you’d call it a “strutting around looking hot” solo, which honestly is harder than it sounds.

i don’t really like Christina’s personality at all - she seemed like the type that always had excuses.   I also didn’t think she improved much at all dance-wise over all her years trying out and just got lucky she tried out enough and finally made it during a weak tryout year - however, I don’t really think that was bad dancing.   Just looks like the typical dance you always see to that song (which is very popular in the comp world).  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/6/2018 at 2:53 PM, DCC-UK said:

She’s probably my fave DCC ever in terms of dance ability. Her technique was unreal! 

I actually thought Melissa’s technique was very meh - she had a lot of impressive tricks and turns - but her basic dance technique was mediocre.  I remember how disappointed I was when I finally saw that full solo of hers in the red and black.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/7/2018 at 6:25 AM, Spunkyyy said:

Where’s Cassie?  ? know she was in triangle at some point

Edited by Tootie · Reason: vile
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I thought so, too...

I think this is 2011 (Whitney's 1st year as point and Kelsi's last year on the team)

unless, Whitney's on the 2nd row... but I would think you'd see point if she was...idk

eta: orrr, maybe this is that year that there was NO center, and someone (can't remember who right now) is in front of Mia??

 

dcc kelci,whitney,cassie~when.jpg

I know there was a year or at least some games where the whole diamond was blond and Cassie and Whitney were there. We were there and saw in person. Maybe they rotated out some.

Also Crystal (positive) and somebody else? Whitney? did that double point with two people. Thinking they did that with Holly and Jacie in preseason but Jacie never was point for games.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

 

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this gem already...but you might see someone you know ;) 

Dance, barre and fitness instructors are actual jobs.

It is a gem, indeed. Dayton looks SO much like her Mom....OMG! Loved Judy's crazy long hair. The news caster's dress was AWFUL, but those of us who lived through the 80s had one. Sue Hollingsworth was from Utah, but it was funny to hear the Texas twang she picked up. I remember when Brooke Sorenson was giving encouragement to Stephanie Heymann and she sounded Texan. I suppose it rubs off after awhile. 

Edited by tinabee1967

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

I personally messaged Hannah to thank her for sharing her story and also shared mine with her (after the episode aired). She kindly acknowledged me

Wow, she actually did that? That's top class and my respect for her just grew even more!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

No. She. Wasn't. SMH have these girls learned NOTHING? 

KaShara was put through the ringer and singled out when her whole damn group wore sombreros for Cinco de Mayo, but no comments about Maddie being Little Red Riding "Hood" and what's going on with her hair?

Y'all know I'm not a Maddie fan as a DCC, but thought she was a decent person until this. What is wrong with these girls?

It's just really lame "white girl from Utah" attempt to look like a hip-hopper: ripped jeans, a couple gold necklaces, a "for the homies cat pouring milk t-shirt" (how "gangster" can you get?), and a red sweatshirt jacket (cuz, hey, you've got to be something, so add a red sweatshirt jacket &, presto, you're little red riding "hood").

Screenshot_2018-11-07-20-05-21.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It's just really lame "white girl from Utah" attempt to look like a hip-hopper: ripped jeans, a couple gold necklaces, a "for the homies cat pouring milk t-shirt" (how "gangster" can you get?), and a red sweatshirt jacket (cuz, hey, you've got to be something, so add a red sweatshirt jacket &, presto, you're little red riding "hood").

Screenshot_2018-11-07-20-05-21.png

Yeah, you're right it is very lame and playing off a racist stereotype. She'd burst into tears if she got anywhere near a real hood. Do better, Maddie. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Thebiglebowski said:

Cheeze and crackers, Dayton just posted a smoking hot picture on IG. Totally makeup free...girl i love those freckles!!!!! So happy she seems to be enjoying this part of her life!

Wow!!  She looks gorgeous and yes, I agree about the freckles.  She does seem to be having fun, and she hasn't even gotten on the ship yet:)  I guess Shelly will be visiting her this weekend.  I'll be waiting to see if she posts a "sun's out, bun's out" shot as well.  Keep this board busy:)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Doesn’t look that “terrible” to me.  Not saying it’s good, but I’ve seen much worse.   Her figure looks amazing, so at worst you’d call it a “strutting around looking hot” solo, which honestly is harder than it sounds.

i don’t really like Christina’s personality at all - she seemed like the type that always had excuses.   I also didn’t think she improved much at all dance-wise over all her years trying out and just got lucky she tried out enough and finally made it during a weak tryout year - however, I don’t really think that was bad dancing.   Just looks like the typical dance you always see to that song (which is very popular in the comp world).  

I'm not a Christina hater, but she probably got the Barbie for having 0% body fat, opposed to dance skills. Kelli did say they are given out for different reasons ;)

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just found out from someone in a Facebook group, that Amy L., Maddie and Tasha will be retiring also. ?

That means Maddie's out of the running to be the next point girl, and Kelli, Khalyn and Tess will become first leaders for the 2019 season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I just found out from someone in a Facebook group, that Amy L., Maddie and Tasha will be retiring also. ?

That means Maddie's out of the running to be the next point girl, and Kelli, Khalyn and Tess will become first leaders for the 2019 season.

I  think it's Gina time.....;).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/8/2018 at 1:23 AM, Lona said:

I  think it's Gina time.....;).

Edited by Tootie · Reason: vile
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I just found out from someone in a Facebook group, that Amy L., Maddie and Tasha will be retiring also. ?

That means Maddie's out of the running to be the next point girl, and Kelli, Khalyn and Tess will become first leaders for the 2019 season.

Is Khalyn staying for sure?  She’s had injuries according to several posters on here.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

I just found out from someone in a Facebook group, that Amy L., Maddie and Tasha will be retiring also. ?

That means Maddie's out of the running to be the next point girl, and Kelli, Khalyn and Tess will become first leaders for the 2019 season.

Any news on Lexie if she will retire since she is getting married at the end of May or even yuko or jessika 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Yeah, you're right it is very lame and playing off a racist stereotype. She'd burst into tears if she got anywhere near a real hood. Do better, Maddie. 

Absolutely nothing racist about it.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, CowboysFanatic said:

That means Maddie's out of the running to be the next point girl,

I sure hope Maddie's next chapter will not be so critical of her looks, but supportive of her character.

Edited by jlc · Reason: Reworded.
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Point next year = Lauren (unless I missed something and she is retiring)

Bridget and Tess on each side 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Anybody else see Ann Hathaway when you look at Brennan with those Kris Jenner Shades?

I don't, but IMO she kinda sorta looks like Paris Hilton with the blonde wig.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

I'm not a Christina hater, but she probably got the Barbie for having 0% body fat, opposed to dance skills. Kelli did say they are given out for different reasons ;)

She was given the Barbie for "persistence."  I imagine the 0% body fat didn't hurt ;-)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Doesn’t look that “terrible” to me.  Not saying it’s good, but I’ve seen much worse.   Her figure looks amazing, so at worst you’d call it a “strutting around looking hot” solo, which honestly is harder than it sounds.

i don’t really like Christina’s personality at all - she seemed like the type that always had excuses.   I also didn’t think she improved much at all dance-wise over all her years trying out and just got lucky she tried out enough and finally made it during a weak tryout year - however, I don’t really think that was bad dancing.   Just looks like the typical dance you always see to that song (which is very popular in the comp world).  

Her technique was weak. The choreography could have been stronger, sure, but as a technical dancer it's just not there. She dances heavy, her leap was low, her kick was low and bent. It's not DCC-standard by any means and didn't play to whatever strength she has. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Absolutely nothing racist about it.

I would argue it played on a racial stereotype/trope and is thus racially insensitive. There are literally endless Halloween costume possibilities. I'm disappointed when people make a choice to perpetuate a stereotype with a costume.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, veronicamers said:

I would argue it played on a racial stereotype/trope and is thus racially insensitive. There are literally endless Halloween costume possibilities. I'm disappointed when people make a choice to perpetuate a stereotype with a costume.

I would agree to this as well. It definitely plays on negative racial stereotypes, and there were far better choices. Maddie may have started out a sheltered middle class teen from suburban Utah, but she’s been out of that bubble for three years now and is 22. She should realize that this isn’t the best choice, because although she’s may see herself as the white girl who excels at studio hip hop, she has no clue what it’s like to actually face the issues of those who live in ‘the hood’, or how life isn’t a game or costume you can discard. She could’ve chosen better wording. Hip Hop Red Riding Hood or Goldie Pop and Locks would’ve been better. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Yeah, you're right it is very lame and playing off a racist stereotype. She'd burst into tears if she got anywhere near a real hood. Do better, Maddie. 

Aww, showing her "diversity" bless her heart.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

In my opinion, Maddie’s costume isn’t racist or even close.  People can’t do shit any more without being labeled as inappropriate or racist.  I’m Arab and I could give a shit if someone dressed up in a hajib for Halloween.  I also feel it’s dangerous and inappropriate to call someone a racist for any little thing.   It’s the go to word for everything now. 

The poster said it was a racist stereotype. I don’t see where anyone called Maddie a racist, which i agree would be out of line based solely on a costume. However, the “hood” is commonly known to refer to rough, lowerclass, usually black or minority, inner city (usually) areas.....it just is. 

I tend to agree that there are people who can see racial issues in anything. However, there are equally people who will bend over backwards to pretend that race is never a factor in anything. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, dccfan880 said:

Who else besides Kashara and Lacy are retiring after this season?

Someone on here said they heard Tasha Maddie and Amy l 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:
58 minutes ago, dccfan880 said:

Who else besides Kashara and Lacy are retiring after this season?

Someone on here said they heard Tasha Maddie and Amy l 

Isn't Heather also retiring?  Or is that just a rumor?  Or am I totally making this up? :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Isn't Heather also retiring?  Or is that just a rumor?  Or am I totally making this up? :)

I haven’t heard anything you never know I have a feeling there won’t be any hardly upper vets this next season 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

However, the “hood” is commonly known to refer to rough, lowerclass, usually black or minority, inner city (usually) areas.....it just is. 

Lordy last week I saw a social media video of a girl calling her sister a hood rat after she appeared on Dr.  Phil.

I don't know about M's costume but assume it was supposed to relate to hip hop somehow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The poster said it was a racist stereotype. I don’t see where anyone called Maddie a racist, which i agree would be out of line based solely on a costume. However, the “hood” is commonly known to refer to rough, lowerclass, usually black or minority, inner city (usually) areas.....it just is. 

I tend to agree that there are people who can see racial issues in anything. However, there are equally people who will bend over backwards to pretend that race is never a factor in anything. 

4

This right here. I don't for a second think Maddie is intentionally mean or intentionally racists. I do think she grew up in a culture with probably zero exposure to anyone just like her. However, she's a grown woman who has seen and done more now, and should have a clue that she's about to cross the line. 

 

24 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Isn't Heather also retiring?  Or is that just a rumor?  Or am I totally making this up? :)

No I've als`o heard Heather was debating and part of reason Maddie got triangle is like when Melissa was there, they knew she'd be leaving and moved her up. Also heard the same about Tasha ready to be an All Star or possibly relocating? Not heard anything about Amy L or Lexie.  Possibly Khalyn and Lauren. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

@UnicornKicks I don't recall seeing anything about Lauren, that's a shocker.  Getting sick of waking up at 3AM, I guess.  That's a shame, she's one of the good ones, and I don't only mean dance-wise.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

@UnicornKicks I don't recall seeing anything about Lauren, that's a shocker.  Getting sick of waking up at 3AM, I guess.  That's a shame, she's one of the good ones, and I don't only mean dance-wise.

Oh I agree she is Wonder Woman. Great dancer, role model, beauty, etc. but that schedule wears on a body so I'd hate it but understand if she did need to do something else. 

Also - where did the Amy L rumors come from? Not heard anything about her leaving and her hubs is also a dancer and works with her so I could see where she'd balance it better than anybody. 

Dream triangle next year = Lexie, Alexis and Khalyn. Prob won't happen but dang the pics would be so glam.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:
 

 

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this gem already...but you might see someone you know ;) 

Dance, barre and fitness instructors are actual jobs.

Exactly. I'm not sure what they mean by "actual."

21 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

This right here. I don't for a second think Maddie is intentionally mean or intentionally racists. I do think she grew up in a culture with probably zero exposure to anyone just like her. However, she's a grown woman who has seen and done more now, and should have a clue that she's about to cross the line. 

I don't think any of them do. With that said though, everyone is super sensitive about everything nowadays and personally it's irritating for people having to keep defending themselves. In this specific case, I thought it was okay. Now if she ran in there with her pants down to her ankles, black face, holding her crotch, and yelling the N-word that would be a different story.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Also - where did the Amy L rumors come from?

Isn't her wedding January of 2020 (which would interfere with football season)?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

I would argue it played on a racial stereotype/trope and is thus racially insensitive. There are literally endless Halloween costume possibilities. I'm disappointed when people make a choice to perpetuate a stereotype with a costume.

 

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I would agree to this as well. It definitely plays on negative racial stereotypes, and there were far better choices. Maddie may have started out a sheltered middle class teen from suburban Utah, but she’s been out of that bubble for three years now and is 22. She should realize that this isn’t the best choice, because although she’s may see herself as the white girl who excels at studio hip hop, she has no clue what it’s like to actually face the issues of those who live in ‘the hood’, or how life isn’t a game or costume you can discard. She could’ve chosen better wording. Hip Hop Red Riding Hood or Goldie Pop and Locks would’ve been better. 

 

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

 However, the “hood” is commonly known to refer to rough, lowerclass, usually black or minority, inner city (usually) areas.....it just is. 

 

1541699615292411.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Exactly. I'm not sure what they mean by "actual."

I don't think any of them do. With that said though, everyone is super sensitive about everything nowadays and personally it's irritating for people having to keep defending themselves. In this specific case, I thought it was okay. Now if she ran in there with her pants down to her ankles, black face, holding her crotch, and yelling the N-word that would be a different story.

Completely agree that we're all super sensitive right now and anyone who is even remotely in the public eye should be extra cautious. I never ever thought Maddie is a bad person, just made a bad choice. She'd probably be offended if I dressed up like an LDS missionary or Big Love type fundamentalist as a joke for Halloween, so sometimes it's good to put the shoe on the other foot and be considerate. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Exactly. I'm not sure what they mean by "actual."

I don't think any of them do. With that said though, everyone is super sensitive about everything nowadays and personally it's irritating for people having to keep defending themselves. In this specific case, I thought it was okay. Now if she ran in there with her pants down to her ankles, black face, holding her crotch, and yelling the N-word that would be a different story.

I agree and disagree to an extent. First, I don’t think Maddie or anyone else needs to necessarily apologize if there was no ill intent (and if there was ill intent, then the apology is probably insincere anyway).  I think an acknowledgement that what you said or did may be offensive and doing better in the future is enough. Lord knows that we’ve all said and done things that are insensitive or offensive without intending to. Doesn’t make anyone a bad person. However, I think that only calling out behavior when it’s egregious isn’t the best thing either. Most people aren’t going to run around yelling the n-word, but most people absolutely have biases. think it’s a good thing for people to recognize their biases because while a Halloween costume in this case is not hurting anyone, unconscious biases that arise in other situations absolutely can. 

10 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

 

 

 

1541699615292411.jpg

I’m a bit confused. Are you suggesting that the hood as it’s commonly referred to has no correlation with race? I’m not trying to be rude at all. I’m just trying to make sure that I don’t misunderstand what you mean. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Taylor and Brianna on the podcast tonight. Both impress me so far. Glad to see some strong rookies again. 

Also Brianna reminds me of that actress who did Tiana's voice. Can't think of her name and don't have time to google at the moment. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

In my opinion, Maddie’s costume isn’t racist or even close.  People can’t do shit any more without being labeled as inappropriate or racist.  I’m Arab and I could give a shit if someone dressed up in a hajib for Halloween.  I also feel it’s dangerous and inappropriate to call someone a racist for any little thing.   It’s the go to word for everything now. 

No one person is the authority on what is racist for each group of people. Some people say it's racist, some say it's not, I say it's insensitive if nothing else as a black woman but again I'm not the last official word on what is racist and culturally insensitive. Other people's opinions should not be dismissed as hyperbolic and insignificant just because you strongly disagree with it.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Completely agree that we're all super sensitive right now and anyone who is even remotely in the public eye should be extra cautious. I never ever thought Maddie is a bad person, just made a bad choice. She'd probably be offended if I dressed up like an LDS missionary or Big Love type fundamentalist as a joke for Halloween, so sometimes it's good to put the shoe on the other foot and be considerate. 

Good point.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

No one person is the authority on what is racist for each group of people. Some people say it's racist, some say it's not, I say it's insensitive if nothing else as a black woman but again I'm not the last official word on what is racist and culturally insensitive. Other people's opinions should not be dismissed as hyperbolic and insignificant just because you strongly disagree with it.

Word.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I always thought that saying or being from the hood just meant your neighborHOOD. 

My brothers ask me all the time "what's going on in the hood?" meaning, whats happening with the neighbors!  

Not necessarily "inner city" because we live in the 'burbs. 

ghetto is the more offensive word, especially if you are describing someone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×