Type keyword(s) to search

2018 Season 13: Current Squad & Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The squad has been selected and is out performing! Discuss how they got there, how they're doing and what they're saying on Social Media.

And remember, there is no prize for consensus. Posters will have different opinions about people/situations. It is not their job to convince or persuade you. It is not a personal attack. It's just the spice of life. You can disagree respectfully, you cannot scold, lecture or demand an explanation. If a poster is violating the guidelines, REPORT but  do not respond. 

Happy Posting!

• Love 5

@parrotfeathers you asked this in the other thread 

Silly question here, but--girls identified as "strugglers" with memory of choreography--how frustrated or envious are they (as a dancer) not to just be able to "get it" like the others can?  For instance, Gina obviously has an excellent memory and style.   Another girl may have trouble with putting all the moves together and just doesn't remember as easily.  Both been dancing all their lives.  How do the girls that don't have this ability keep from beating themselves up mentally? 

I know they are mostly supportive of each other, but how does one girl who just isn't as good deal with the fact that she just "isn't as good?" 

When I was a dancer, memory was my strongest attribute. I only needed to be taught choreographer once and I had it. I spent a lot of water breaks helping team mates work on sections and even learning opposite choreo to help those who had a different part then me. I watched a lot of good dancers, look towards other sports and activities when it became apparent they wouldn't get asked to do multiple numbers in a recital, not get offered a solo because they'd be a risk to a team...etc. Some years, as a teenager, it created an almost toxic environment, but not always. 

As adults, the jealousy and resentment is likely present in some of these ladies but most will be able to hide it through life experience and maturity. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Please fire Kelli. 

"If you gain an excess amount of pounds off of your audition weight that we've already established which is there in your contract, that is reason for termination" - Kelli Finglass during the first training camp meeting (Season 8, Episode 3)

• Love 13

Just looked at all the girls bio's. Not very impressed with the exception of a few. Most of them are dance, barre or fitness instructors. Only a few with actual jobs.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, DBAAT said:

Just looked at all the girls bio's. Not very impressed with the exception of a few. Most of them are dance, barre or fitness instructors. Only a few with actual jobs.

Have to be exceptional to be able to have a full time occupation such as a teacher, nurse, etc and fulfill all the required team activities. Cudos to those that can. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Have to be exceptional to be able to have a full time occupation such as a teacher, nurse, etc and fulfill all the required team activities. Cudos to those that can. 

The reason I say this, is that Kelli is always bragging how successful and accomplished these women are. Lawyers and doctors etc. Not this squad. In the past, they did have professionals on the squad. I have had friends who cheered in the NFL and they had careers. One owned her own business and had 2 kids.

Edited by DBAAT
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

The reason I say this, is that Kelli is always bragging how successful and accomplished these women are. Lawyers and doctors etc. Not this squad. In the past, they did have professionals on the squad. I have had friends who cheered in the NFL and they had careers. One owned her own business and had 2 kids.

Of course, some have advanced degrees but don’t hold a job in those fields while they’re on the team.  Agree...kudos to those who can manage it

• Love 3

@CowboysFanatic ,  no worries, I was cool with the response and hey thanks for the info on Paige to bad Jeff is playing injured.

Question for anyone who can answer. Did Heather also have a nose job done? Maybe that is an ancient topic already. How on earth do these girls manage to have surgeries and recover between seasons? Especially if on SG. I am not knowledgeable enough in cosmetics. I was looking back over several of the rookies who have been trying out for a couple years before TC and I swear some had work done chasing the ideal look. Or maybe it's just because they mature during the 3-5 years it takes to finally make team. Even Kristin looked different during last year's audition. Less droopy-eyed.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I thought they were not allowed to wear any jewelry besides wedding/engagement rings, crystal studs, and DCC pinky rings.

5bd610d0405e5_ciannaring.JPG.a76bb5fa43cc12937a5a7fec151a11c3.JPG

I was wondering myself. I remember seeing VK wearing a watch during some episodes in TC, and have seen Jenn K occasionally with one on to. But I have noticed more rings on girls lately. Perhaps they are religious, or culturally significant items? oooorrrrrrr, the jewlery is some super spy equipment, for a covert operation to leak squad secrets?  (Man, I really do need a life)

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, IzzyEnd said:

Question for anyone who can answer. Did Heather also have a nose job done? Maybe that is an ancient topic already. How on earth do these girls manage to have surgeries and recover between seasons? Especially if on SG. I am not knowledgeable enough in cosmetics. I was looking back over several of the rookies who have been trying out for a couple years before TC and I swear some had work done chasing the ideal look. Or maybe it's just because they mature during the 3-5 years it takes to finally make team. Even Kristin looked different during last year's audition. Less droopy-eyed.

Some probably do have work done. Others learn new makeup techniques that can make them look different. Even the brows and lashes and stuff like that they do can really change the way they look significantly. 

• Love 1

I’ve lived in Atlanta since 1973 (except for our two years in Nashville). I think the “fair weather fan” descriptor is very appropriate. Most of my life I’ve seen the fan enthusiasm fluctuate by how well they were doing. Because they went to the Super Bowl recently, yes, they garnered some new fans. And they have a brand new stadium, too. So it’s gotten better.

However, because we have a lot of Texas transplants living here, there are tons of Cowboys fans, too. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

They have  Maddie's picture instead of Madeline.

They cannot get this right to save themselves. First it was both Maddie, then both Madeline, now both Maddie again. It’s not that hard! ?

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

They cannot get this right to save themselves. First it was both Maddie, then both Madeline, now both Maddie again. It’s not that hard! ?

Wow.  For an organization that claims to be “world class” this is really unacceptable. Do they not realize the impression this gives?  

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, KatieC said:

Wow.  For an organization that claims to be “world class” this is really unacceptable. Do they not realize the impression this gives?  

That some of the people that work for them are idiots, clueless, can't understand that two completely different people CAN have the same name, some combination of the above or some other description I haven't listed?  Probably not.  Okay, okay, I'm disappearing back into my corner now.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Is Shannon in charge of the DCC website as well as the social media???? Ha! We all know what a fan he is of the DCC.

He's awful. Shannon....we are replacing you with weather man Scott. Sorry, dude.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Is Shannon in charge of the DCC website as well as the social media???? Ha! We all know what a fan he is of the DCC.

I don't know, but they need to step up and quit slacking when it comes to the squad's media footage (cheerleader intros, pregame/halftime performances, game day girl, etc.). We haven't gotten any of that in years.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

6 hours ago, DBAAT said:

finally speaking though - is being a dance, barre or fitness instructor enough to pay the bills ? - like rent & utilities, car pmt, cell phone, student loans, and I'm sure there is personal upkeep (ie clothes) that the organization doesn't pay for.  Health ins - even for one person - that can be costly if its not group coverage.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

IMO it's more like a page instead of a site since they're lumped in with the Cowboys. They finally posted the DCRB team picture and that squad was announced a few months ago.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I've thought this for the past couple of years. They put too much pressure on them with appearances etc yet cut them for turning down appearances. How anyone can work a 9-5 job whilst doing DCC, I will never know. As long as they turn up to rehearsals and match-days, anything else should be additional when they have the time! 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, sATL said:

finally speaking though - is being a dance, barre or fitness instructor enough to pay the bills ? - like rent & utilities, car pmt, cell phone, student loans, and I'm sure there is personal upkeep (ie clothes) that the organization doesn't pay for.  Health ins - even for one person - that can be costly if its not group coverage.

I've been a fitness instructor for YEARS.   No one I know can live off what you make as an instructor.   It's extra money.   Sure, I'm sure that there are a few that make enough, but not near enough to even afford the makeup/skincare/haircare the women have to buy

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

@parrotfeathers you asked this in the other thread 

When I was a dancer, memory was my strongest attribute. I only needed to be taught choreographer once and I had it. 

The "take home" dancers know they are take home dancers.  My daughter was a quick study and strong but maybe not "the" strongest technically, but choreographers loved her.  It works great with performances and multiple numbers, or changes, not as much an advantage if at a studio that rehearses 6 months on one number.  Maybe little jealousies when a dancer knew they were technically better, but performance and competition are different beasts.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, IzzyEnd said:

I was wondering myself. I remember seeing VK wearing a watch during some episodes in TC, and have seen Jenn K occasionally with one on to. But I have noticed more rings on girls lately. Perhaps they are religious, or culturally significant items? oooorrrrrrr, the jewlery is some super spy equipment, for a covert operation to leak squad secrets?  (Man, I really do need a life)

Well there's my morning giggle!!! :) 

image.png.ecd3ff469181a25a59b149c600c0f2b4.png

Ok:  Just my opinion (and I know what that's worth) I like Gina but do NOT like her position in the picture.  Her smirk is off putting...draws my eye but not in a good way. Kelli would have been better where Gina is and vice versa.   Cianna...the appearance of the freakishly long arm...what were they thinking when they finalized this? Lacey should be where Alexis is...just for the sheer fact that she is their most senior vet and deserves that spot.  If she is what they say the epitome of a DCC is...give her the spot she deserves!!!  Alexis is gorgeous and will have another season to be there I have a feeling.  This is probably the most disjointed squad photo I've seen in the past thirteen years.  Yuko is the only one pulling on her top...looks weird and there is too much of a gap between her and Jessika.  There's too much gapping on that row period.  There's a huge gap between Lauren and Lexie as well. Not Judy's best staging work.  

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 9

The group picture would be better if there weren't random gaps between people. Cianna should be straight on, Miranda shouldn't be sticking out so much on her side, Yuko shouldn't be grabbing onto her shirt tie, Christina shouldn't be tilted, Ashlee (I think that's her next to Christina) should be moved in, if one person is grabbing their shorts while standing up then everyone should otherwise it throws off the balance. Jalyn and Cianna might be better switched. Lacey should be where Alexis is and Kashara should be where Tess is. Heather should be where Kash. There's a lot of placement issues.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

The "take home" dancers know they are take home dancers.  My daughter was a quick study and strong but maybe not "the" strongest technically, but choreographers loved her.  It works great with performances and multiple numbers, or changes, not as much an advantage if at a studio that rehearses 6 months on one number.  Maybe little jealousies when a dancer knew they were technically better, but performance and competition are different beasts.

Thanks for ya'lls comments.  Very impressive!

P.S. I had to look up the grammar:  "But y'all is not an apostrophe-taking indefinite pronoun; it is a personal pronoun, and hence the possessive does not get an apostrophe: y’alls."

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kayce said:

image.png.ecd3ff469181a25a59b149c600c0f2b4.png

Ok:  Just my opinion (and I know what that's worth) I like Gina but do NOT like her position in the picture.  Her smirk is off putting...draws my eye but not in a good way. Kelli would have been better where Gina is and vice versa.   Cianna...the appearance of the freakishly long arm...what were they thinking when they finalized this? Lacey should be where Alexis is...just for the sheer fact that she is their most senior vet and deserves that spot.  If she is what they say the epitome of a DCC is...give her the spot she deserves!!!  Alexis is gorgeous and will have another season to be there I have a feeling.  This is probably the most disjointed squad photo I've seen in the past thirteen years.  Yuko is the only one pulling on her top...looks weird and there is too much of a gap between her and Jessika.  There's too much gapping on that row period.  There's a huge gap between Lauren and Lexie as well. Not Judy's best staging work.  

Gina does not look part of the team in the photo.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

The group picture would be better if there weren't random gaps between people. Cianna should be straight on, Miranda shouldn't be sticking out so much on her side, Yuko shouldn't be grabbing onto her shirt tie, Christina shouldn't be tilted, Ashlee (I think that's her next to Christina) should be moved in, if one person is grabbing their shorts while standing up then everyone should otherwise it throws off the balance. Jalyn and Cianna might be better switched. Lacey should be where Alexis is and Kashara should be where Tess is. Heather should be where Kash. There's a lot of placement issues.

And Amy.....group leader and 4 year vet (same seniority as Kashara and only Lacey has more), yet she’s second row on the end, while two and theee year vets have more prominent positions. 

• Love 6

Sad to hear that KaShara is retiring. To me, if you take in dance, power, personality and beauty, KaShara will go down as the greatest DCC ever. Her personality is so infectious you just can't take your eyes off of her. This woman should have her own TV show or become a movie star. Whatever it is, she has it. She is charming yet humble. I hope that the first show next season shows her and Lacey after their final performance. Kind of how they did with Jinelle and Jenna on episode 13/2 this year. They deserve a beautiful send off.

Some other observations...I thought it was terrible to cut Lilly without ever having her in the office.  

Lauren is such a loving person. Another great personality.

I hope Kristin tries out again.

I think Dayton and Victoria will make the squad next year if they want to.

I wish Kalyssa had stayed. She was another gifted dancer. Her and KaShara need to be discovered by Hollywood.

Taylor J. is a beautiful woman.

Do you think Kelli gets attached to any of these women? I wonder if retirements ever depress her. At least Judy sheds a tear once in a while.

I think Kelli should give more women a hug when they get cut i.e. Kristin.

Can you imagine how heartbroken Savannah must be over Tara being cut? Tara is a sweet girl.

Kitty needs to be careful what she says. I'm sure these women and their families watch the show. Kitty can sometimes hit below the belt.

Maddie from Far West Utah is adorable. What a dancer.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

And Amy.....group leader and 4 year vet (same seniority as Kashara and only Lacey has more), yet she’s second row on the end, while two and theee year vets have more prominent positions. 

KaShara, Lacey and Amy should have been the three center positions (where Lacey, Alexis, and Tess are now) 

20 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Some of these facials are ? from two weeks ago, somehow I missed this gallery  

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/dcc-week-6-game-day-gallery-presented-by-ideal-dental#5730c1ae-086b-48ff-a022-e0a05fca6917

and here...most of the photos shown are duplicates....and also so-so.  Heather looks fantastic.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/dcc-week-4-game-day-gallery-presented-by-ideal-dental#4e9b5f45-873c-4b9b-9b55-f894aab7d5c4

I love Heather.  She is such a natural beauty!

23 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Some of these facials are ? from two weeks ago, somehow I missed this gallery  

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/dcc-week-6-game-day-gallery-presented-by-ideal-dental#5730c1ae-086b-48ff-a022-e0a05fca6917

and here...most of the photos shown are duplicates....and also so-so.  Heather looks fantastic.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/photos/dcc-week-4-game-day-gallery-presented-by-ideal-dental#4e9b5f45-873c-4b9b-9b55-f894aab7d5c4

Sigh...if they could all have jump splits like Kelli or Lacey....

image.thumb.png.cdc92f71e3020eff549e75c07e7f6c98.png

I have such a girl crush on Khalyn!!! She is beautiful!

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Maybe they were not thinking of seniority but went with 3 brunettes in a row?  It seems like seniority placement came first in the past, but this year I have found it refreshing that Kashara & Lacy are not front and center in every pic.  Jenna irked me last year because it seemed to me that she was always upfront and center in all of the pics, not just the formal ones.  Did she wait for everyone to get in position then walk into the front row center spot?  

I like the squad photo..minus the “long” arm.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Maybe they were not thinking of seniority but went with 3 brunettes in a row?  It seems like seniority placement came first in the past, but this year I have found it refreshing that Kashara & Lacy are not front and center in every pic.  Jenna irked me last year because it seemed to me that she was always upfront and center in all of the pics, not just the formal ones.  Did she wait for everyone to get in position then walk into the front row center spot?  

I respectfully disagree. I think pictures are the one place where seniority should matter. When it comes to dance formations, put the best dancers and most glamorous girls (if the girls is also a great dancer) up front, but pictures...if a girl has taken that many years out of her life to be a DCC, they should be in the front IMO. I have no problem with 6 year Jenna being upfront. She worked her way up to the front by staying with the team all those years. Same with Lacey, Kashara, and Amy. They could’ve all retired and moved on like the rest of the girls who they came in with (and believe me, I’m not criticizing those other girls, I probably would’ve been a 2 year girl at best - no way could i put up with the silly rules, ridiculous schedule, and poor pay), but they stuck with the program. I think that should count for something. Just my opinion though.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I agree with all of this. From what I have observed, the photo has never been strictly about seniority. I think Judy starts with seniority when placing the women, but then moves people around based on things like hair color, popularity, figure, and facial beauty. This seems a reasonable approach to me. Lacey was in the back row her first year, then jumped to the first row her second year, and has been in the first two rows ever since. She was dead center last year. KaShara has never been in the back, and like Lacey, she was moved to the front row her second year. I'm fine with where both of them are placed this year.

I think sometimes the group here is more concerned with rank than anyone in the DCC organization, LOL.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thanks for ya'lls comments.  Very impressive!

P.S. I had to look up the grammar:  "But y'all is not an apostrophe-taking indefinite pronoun; it is a personal pronoun, and hence the possessive does not get an apostrophe: y’alls."

It's against the law to use y'all and hence in the same sentence.  :)

• Love 8

Ugh, now I can only see that freakish long blue arm, ha! 

Alexis is gorgeous! Khalyn and Lauren are rocking the picture. I do not care for Gina's smirk. Doesn't fit in with all the smiles.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Opine said:

It's against the law to use y'all and hence in the same sentence.  :)

I don't think I have ever said "hence"--don't think it is a southern word at all.

Kashara:  Hence I can change your oil and plugs at the same time.  Nope won't happen.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Why is this topic called "Kasahra" ?!? Did I miss something ?! Please heeeeeelp ! I'm lost, lol !

Capture.PNG

I saw it too.  The board's internet gremlins are having a play with us today methinks.

• Love 2