Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Naked Smoothies

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I feel strangely protective towards her. Unlike prior incarnations of the problem stew there doesn't seem to be any bad in her. Yes she is scattered and yes she is a little paranoid but she is not nasty and self entitled as so many of the other third stews were in previous seasons. When you compare her to someone like Rocky you realize that she is someone you can work with and that she is basically a very nice if totally insecure person.

I have a similar feeling. Yes, she's socially awkward, but she actually is decent at her job (that one drink order on a bad foot and antibiotics not withstanding) and doesn't complain about endless laundry, bed turn down, taking orders from Kate or other details that half the third stews aren't even able to handle. 

• Love 5

I just wanted to mention, because I feel like it's rarely mentioned on the show, that Rhylee was actually a boat captain before! Like, she actually worked on a boat. And she was the captain! And she did a lot of fishing. Did I mention she was the captain?

I just wanted to let everyone here know, because it's a rare known fact. Really, I think she should mention it more. Because it's THAT important. And I don't think anyone actually knows.

Edited by sara1025
spelling, too much wine.
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2018 at 1:43 PM, ghoulina said:

If it were me, I'd want someone else to see that thing. I'd be calling everyone in there - "Can you believe this???"

I’m surprised at how shocked and surprised everyone is about the condom thing. Yes, it’s obviously disgusting but after managing and working in hotels for 10 years I guess I unfortunately know just how disgusting humans are and how many of them leave their condoms for others to clean up. The housekeepers each had this happen at least weekly to them. Sometimes on the floor or in the bathroom, often in the sheets. Sometimes they’d end up in the washer with the sheets. It’s unreal what people leave “for the maid” to clean up. So many people don’t even flush their shit filled toilet before leaving the room. We had a guy who shaved his pubes in the bedroom and just left them laying all over the floor. Twice. People would use the freaking towels and SHEETS as napkins all the time and wipe food all over them. These weren’t shabby rundown motels but midrange price chains mostly, and one chain I worked for was even a tier above that. It didn’t matter, people are disgusting everywhere no matter the price. I’m glad to be out of that business.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Yes, it’s obviously disgusting but after managing and working in hotels for 10 years I guess I unfortunately know just how disgusting humans are and how many of them leave their condoms for others to clean up. The housekeepers each had this happen at least weekly to them. Sometimes on the floor or in the bathroom, often in the sheets. Sometimes they’d end up in the washer with the sheets. It’s unreal what people leave “for the maid” to clean up. So many people don’t even flush their shit filled toilet before leaving the room. We had a guy who shaved his pubes in the bedroom and just left them laying all over the floor. Twice.

We recently just watched the Real Housewives of New York literally shit all over their rented villa in Colombia: shit on the bed, on the floor, just everywhere. They were slightly sheepish, but not embarrassed enough to not laugh about it or attempt to clean it up. It was beyond gross. So I'm not the least bit surprised by the condom.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

We recently just watched the Real Housewives of New York literally shit all over their rented villa in Colombia: shit on the bed, on the floor, just everywhere. They were slightly sheepish, but not embarrassed enough to not laugh about it or attempt to clean it up. It was beyond gross. So I'm not the least bit surprised by the condom.

Wait...what? I know this is kinda off topic but literally, shit? Like, all of them? I guess I need to start watching that franchise again! Or not! Holy shit! Do they have poop fetishes?

I think it’s weird that a stewardess would be surprised by the condom too, but I don’t remember how much experience Caroline has had. I would expect that any seasoned steward/stewardess has seen their fair share of way more disgusting and truly shocking things. Like the aftermath of people who DO have poop fetishes aboard the yachts. ?

At least Caroline and company are getting paid well for this kind of job, the hotel housekeeping usually makes close to minimum wage and were lucky to get $10 in tips total in a day in my experience. So many people don’t even tip their hotel maid anything, I can’t really get it up to care that these people working on the yacht “only” got $1k each or something on a few day charter if they do. They should know the next ones will probably make up for it anyway.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Wait...what? I know the is off topic but literally, shit? Like, all of them? I guess I need to start watching that franchise again! Or not! Holy shit! Do they have poop fetishes?

They all got diarrhea from something they ate. The camera does show it. I can't remember if it was Ramona or Sonja who shit on the floor and left it there. Luann literally shit the bed and left it there. As they're leaving, she sort of jokes about leaving "a present" for the villa cleaning staff. I think the only ones who didn't have an issue were Bethenny and Tinsley. It was very very gross.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They all got diarrhea from something they ate. The camera does show it. I can't remember if it was Ramona or Sonja who shit on the floor and left it there. Luann literally shit the bed and left it there. As they're leaving, she sort of jokes about leaving "a present" for the villa cleaning staff. I think the only ones who didn't have an issue were Bethenny and Tinsley. It was very very gross.

OMG! I’d like to hear what Kate would have to say about them leaving it for the staff. That is the behavior of absolute trash.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Didn't Ramona at least let the maid know about her…mess?  Luann left hers in the bed as a "surprise" for the maid.  All around grossness.

I am pretty sure it was more the dude walking in when Ramona and Sonja were discussing it.

• Love 2
On November 8, 2018 at 2:33 AM, HunterHunted said:

They all got diarrhea from something they ate. The camera does show it. I can't remember if it was Ramona or Sonja who shit on the floor and left it there.

It was Ramona. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2018 at 5:44 PM, gotta watch said:

How will Chandler ever find gainful employment after this? He's proven himself to be an awful manager, plus makes mistakes that first timers would (ex: changing channel on the radio). Also he seems to have No personality, so he's not good for drama purposes. If I were Capt Lee, I would never work with him again.

I'm certain his Daddy would employ him.  But I hope he gets a talking to from Dad!

• Love 1
On October 31, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Diane Mars said:

The condom thing was prank ?!

EDIT : the fact of asking Ashton to pick it was. Sorry, lost in translation :)

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes  it is.......

The prank part was trying to get Ashton to pick it up, not the condom being present. She is responding to someone saying it was mean to make Aston touch it which is why she said she intervened before anyone touched it with their hands.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The prank part was trying to get Ashton to pick it up, not the condom being present. She is responding to someone saying it was mean to make Aston touch it which is why she said she intervened before anyone touched it with their hands.

You're good.  I meant to answer in the other thread and posted here by mistake but you found it. 

I didn't interpret it that way but if you're sure, I'm OK with that.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I'm not sure how any of us can know if the condom was left there by Yim or production (or one of the cast members).  It's possible for more than one thing at a time to be true--the presence of the condom as a prank and Caroline asking Ashton to come pick it up as a prank.  Both true or just one or the other.  If you weren't the one who left it there, you can't know.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2018 at 10:07 PM, bosawks said:

There’s a joke in there regarding nuts, charter guests and the gross end table condom, I just can’t seem to tease it out....

Keep working on that joke, Bosawks!

When Chandler griped about the slide saying, “It always ends up being a pain in the ass for 30 seconds of fun” I thought “Yeah, I bet that’s how your former girlfriends describe you (in bed) too.”

That one was handed to us on a plate. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7
On 11/6/2018 at 8:13 PM, hatchetgirl said:

Hey you guys... did you know chandler's dad is a captain? 

Ugh this charter guest is so gross. 

Yeah, they are proof that the ability to lead is not genetic.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Thisgirllovespasta said:

I don't know if you all saw this. But this was on instagram...

https://instagram.com/p/BqI-BjCjzmH/

We saw it and ignored it because the release form for use of your image says that they aren't responsible for any emotional, verbal, reputational, or physical assault to yourself, reputation, or character. You could die in camera and there doesn't seem like there is much your estate could do. It also says that they have the right to just make up lies about you if they want to. This breathalyzer dingus was an idiot if he thought he'd somehow get out of this unscathed.

• Love 3