Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Naked Smoothies

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Rhylee struggles to keep her attitude in check; the crew welcomes a group of Silicon Valley investors who are obsessed with social media; Caroline wakes up with a mysterious foot injury; Kate struggles to cater to a guest's odd and naked behavior.

Airs October 30, 2018.

• Love 2
Just now, ivygirl said:

At least squirrels remember where they store their nuts. 

There’s a joke in there regarding nuts, charter guests and the gross end table condom, I just can’t seem to tease it out....

• Love 24
Just now, dosodog said:

No.  So far, so good.  I'm bothered by him being used as the nearly naked dude.  I feel like he's between a rock and a hard place.  He doesn't want to, but how does he say no?

The <juicy> condom.  For a 2 month period, once a week, someone was leaving a used condom in the parking lot that I had to pick up.

I have cleaned public vomit, blood and puke.  The condom.  Is the worst.  It is incredibly disrespectful to the general population to leave that kind of stuff out.

Put the phone down and find one of at least 3 trashcans in your mastersuite, self involved twat.

In my humble opinion, the primary left the condom there intentionally.  Just to see how far he could go.  It's possible that I would have received a ticket home over that, because I would have told Captain Lee that I won't handle intentionally left biohazards.  That douche nozzle probably isn't going to leave a generous tip, so, no.

• Love 22

What is Cpt Lee listening to on his headphones?!! I have to know. I probably don't want to know. I've never seen Cpt Lee take a break like that. He'll be sorry, there's bound to be some weapon grade pooch screwing goes on while he has a minute. GAHD DAM MIT!

• Love 11

Rylee is being somewhat a smart ass but given how she's being treated, I give her slack.  Chandler doesn't know what he's doing and he sucks at being a boss and manager.  Don't matter how many years your father has been a captain, that doesn't make you one.  Not choosing the person with the fishing experience just shows how immature you really are.

The condom?  Low class person who is new money.  What an asshole.  Well, that, in addition to all the selfies.  Seriously shallow guests.

I don't know with Caroline.  When I take antibiotics I feel like crap and then having a painful foot....does not make the best of moods and being on top of things.

• Like 1
  • Love 17

I was going to say i bet he absolutely DID notice, are you saying that he hadn't until he saw the show and this is his response on Twitter? I guess he has to sleep sometime and one of the 2 - 4 faceless men (including, I presume, a First Mate) must take the bow for him? But I doubt he missed knowing about it at the time. The guests wanted to go at 6.30 in the morning, which I imagine probably IS Cpt Lee's slow time because they'd usually be sleeping. I wonder if the preview for next week, where ALL the deck crew are on the Tender and not 'one swinging dick' is actually on deck (Cpt Lee's words), is this fishing trip. It's crazy Chandler isn't allowing Rhylee to shine at this one thing.

But these charter guests, new to us which is a relief from all the return fame whores, do seem heavily influenced by production. I'm finding the naked ordering of smoothies and the 'omg! why are you here while we are obviously boning' response to the smoothies, plus the used condom and the total immersion in their phones and the 6.30am fishing trip (do these guests seem like they want fishing at the crack of dawn??) somewhat suspicious. I smell production influencing newbie fame whores.

Below Deck should win some awards for their camera work. There have been some stunning overhead shots of the yacht, the guests on jet skis and even that underwater shot of the anchor hitting the ocean floor. It's become quite an artform and I hope they continue to elevate it. Nothing like snark and idiocy in the most visually stunning surroundings.

6 minutes ago, Reality police said:
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I am curious if Captain Lee will notice that the person with fishing experience did not go fishing with the guests.

Doing things that could result in a worse experience/excursion for guests is the kind of thing that typically chaps his hide.

Don't know exactly when he found out night he called Chandler out on Twitter tonight.

"Yeah, no point Chandler in using the best talent for the job. Not to mention you let your personal feeling affect the whole deck crew. Wow."

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

In my humble opinion, the primary left the condom there intentionally.  Just to see how far he could go.  It's possible that I would have received a ticket home over that, because I would have told Captain Lee that I won't handle intentionally left biohazards.  That douche nozzle probably isn't going to leave a generous tip, so, no.

despite the fact that I think production may have influenced this, or at least encouraged it, I have to give them props for flashing to the primary's smug self involved face and staying there everytime the condom was mentioned. One of those douches should go overboard into a stingray snapchatting, that'd be nice. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I was going to say i bet he absolutely DID notice, are you saying that he hadn't until he saw the show and this is his response on Twitter? I guess he has to sleep sometime and one of the 2 - 4 faceless men (including, I presume, a First Mate) must take the bow for him? But I doubt he missed knowing about it at the time. The guests wanted to go at 6.30 in the morning, which I imagine probably IS Cpt Lee's slow time because they'd usually be sleeping. I wonder if the preview for next week, where ALL the deck crew are on the Tender and not 'one swinging dick' is actually on deck (Cpt Lee's words), is this fishing trip. It's crazy Chandler isn't allowing Rhylee to shine at this one thing.

But these charter guests, new to us which is a relief from all the return fame whores, do seem heavily influenced by production. I'm finding the naked ordering of smoothies and the 'omg! why are you here while we are obviously boning' response to the smoothies, plus the used condom and the total immersion in their phones and the 6.30am fishing trip (do these guests seem like they want fishing at the crack of dawn??) somewhat suspicious. I smell production influencing newbie fame whores.

Below Deck should win some awards for their camera work. There have been some stunning overhead shots of the yacht, the guests on jet skis and even that underwater shot of the anchor hitting the ocean floor. It's become quite an artform and I hope they continue to elevate it. Nothing like snark and idiocy in the most visually stunning surroundings.

despite the fact that I think production may have influenced this, or at least encouraged it, I have to give them props for flashing to the primary's smug self involved face and staying there everytime the condom was mentioned. One of those douches should go overboard into a stingray snapchatting, that'd be nice. 

Had a typo in my post. Sorry I can't believe he didn't know about it at the time, just couldn't say anything until now. Might be another nail in Chandler's coffin.

• Love 3

The fact that Caroline is so upset when she actually can’t tell Kate what she heard them say about her and what we saw them say about her was not bad illustrates she is so far up her own ass that I could not handle working with her.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

To quote Caroline, Chandler is a dick and to quote Rhylee, Chandler is a complete prick. He seems to be one of those good-looking guys who acts so entitled and full of himself.  Wake up and do your job, asshole. I could care less about Rhylee but she's at least trying to do her job.  Chandler doesn't want to deal with her.  Wonder if there's some undercurrent of sexual tension that he's feeling towards her.  

I don't mind Ashton.  Know that he was a dick when they were out at the bar but many drunks get pompous and stupid.  Don't recall one episode where someone didn't act like an asshole under the influence (Kate).  He's good eye candy for the show.

Don't know if Caroline is a hypochondriac or not but she seems to have other issues that need to be managed.  I've been in situations where I'm not a part of the "cool group" and I didn't give two shits what they thought of me because I knew I was cooler than them.  It's called self-confidence.  People can smell desperate people wanting to be liked and run the other way.  That's how the world works.  

I love Captain Lee.

And that used condom was plain disgusting. Hope that the charter guests watching the episode were embarrassed but probably not.  

Did you instagram that shit?

I think he did.  Was almost the equivalent of seeing a used tampon on TV.  Next.

Edited by Jets4274
added a quote
  • Love 8

Several of them can't play well with others and become scatterbrained under pressure.

Probably deliberately chosen for the cast for those reasons.

And why not, it can't be an episode this season unless Chandler screws up, Caroline is on the verge of tears or Rhylee is cursing out other people.

The right casting decisions seems to drive half the story lines.

• Love 5

If that breathalyzer app (no way it would work without some kind of hardware attachment) is so big that he can book luxury yacht charters, I would think the app. would be well-known?

I'm starting to wonder if these charter guests are stunt casting by Bravo, like they did with Youtube personalities on MDLNY.

Bravo pays for certain guests and prods them to act out?  That has to be some scripted BS, all those people on deck waving their phones around at the same time.

• Love 7

Those charters were disgusting pigs. Low class, basic bitches that exude new money and no class. The asshole that left the used condom on the night table should have had that shit dropped into his dinner with the compliments of the interior crew. I was really annoyed that anyone cleaned that shitshow up. You know they’re going to cheap out on the tip.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, scrb said:

I'm starting to wonder if these charter guests are stunt casting by Bravo, like they did with Youtube personalities on MDLNY.

It's possible, but I've actually run across the ads seeking charter guests. I believe one was listed by a yacht charter broker and the other might have been Social Life Magazine or one of those other free magazines.

• Love 3

Caroline is a crazy mess.  What's so finny to me is that since she's so easily offended/upset she thinks everyone else is and is always giving awkward apologies for shit people didn't even notice.

Chandler is a clueless asshole.  I love that they constantly show him sleeping and it is usually with a pretty princess eye mask and stuffed animal.  He really isn't very good at delegating appropriately and scheduling.  It is also hilarious that his idea of communicating better is micromanaging.  However, if I was him I wouldn't want to go on a fishing trip with Rhylee either.  She already has trouble not talking over her superiors and giving attitude when she doesn't know what's going on, I cannot imagine how insufferable she'd be with something she felt was squarely in her wheelhouse.  I also understand him sending Ryhlee on break when he doesn't want her in the way -- maybe if she took the chip off her shoulder and she'd learn more and not be an annoyance.  I'm not saying either actions were right, but I understand the impulse.

Rhylee is a dick.  She doesn't listen, she gives attitude, talks over people, and butts in when she shouldn't.  When Ashton gave her some simple sensible advice in a very non-confrontational manner she can't absorb it because she's too concerned with how she's been wronged.  She doesn't stop to think that maybe if she wasn't such a fucking dick people would be nicer to her.  I do not think that she is being mistreated because of misogyny.  She's being treated badly because she's a pill that people don't want to deal with.

The guests are fucking gross.  I hope the used condom was faked.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, scrb said:

If that breathalyzer app (no way it would work without some kind of hardware attachment) is so big that he can book luxury yacht charters, I would think the app. would be well-known?

LOL I had the same thought. His linked in lists "reality tv personality" first! LOL. https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmichaelyim/

Looks like he's "riding the wave." He certainly has had a lot of "ideas." Wonder whether he'll survive the next tech bubble collapse.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, scrb said:

I'm not sure if it's the same guy but I remember seeing this on Shark Tank a few years ago.   Can't say I've heard much about it since.   

• Love 6
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't know with Caroline.  When I take antibiotics I feel like crap and then having a painful foot....does not make the best of moods and being on top of things.

She was like that before she hurt her foot. 

• Love 9

In Kate vs. Rhylee, I'm on Team Kate. In Chandler vs. Rhylee, I'm rooting for some Jaws-ass shark to come leaping in and just take care of things.

A little annoyed that the editors again misrepresented drunken cabin chat into "Who would you fire?" "...Caroline" on the previouslys. I get having a misleading teaser, that's how you get people to watch, but re-running that same mangled clip as a record of what actually happened is kinda shitty. I feel bad for Caroline because she really needed someone in her life to be a real friend and say "girl, no, that's not a good idea for you" when she got cast this season - because it's very apparent she doesn't have the temperament, or isn't in the right headspace, to be doing this show right now and is probably doing herself some actual emotional harm on top of plain-old embarrassing herself on TV - but not because Kate and Josiah are being two-faced bitches to her...because they're not. It's a really odd way to continue selling Caroline's storyline, because we saw what that conversation actually was -- either Franken-edit the scene itself to sell your point fully, or recap it accurately.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree with you 100%. I think he was testing boundaries like a spoiled, little toddler. He may be my least favorite primary ever. 

21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm going to defend Caroline on the foot issue.  I realize that Kate needed her help, but that girl's foot looked hella painful!  I'm thinking that a foot injury would have to be about the worst ailment one could have in that job.

Oh, I'm sure it's awful. I don't necessarily think she's exaggerating or taking advantage. But they can't work at that pace or without her. They need to sub in another stew if she's not feeling better soon. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

Why did Chandler change radio frequencies? That doesn't make sense.

His explanation implied that he wanted to talk shit about some of the others and did not want to piss people off. 
As someone currently dealing with severe pain from sciatica, I am sympathetic towards Carolyn.  However, I also know that going on and on about my pain is an annoyance so I keep on pressing on without a peep. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm sure it's awful. I don't necessarily think she's exaggerating or taking advantage. But they can't work at that pace or without her. They need to sub in another stew if she's not feeling better soon. 

Also, the inability to prepare tequila shots or explain what she was doing when Kate was wondering what they were sitting there had absolutely nothing to do with her foot.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, the inability to prepare tequila shots are explain what she was doing when Kate was wondering what they were sitting there had absolutely nothing to do with her foot.

Yep.  And, we heard one of the douches guests order iced tea, didn’t hear anyone order something hot - but there was what looked like a hot tea cup on the tray when she finally delivered the tequila shots.

Please tell me there was editing at play that none of the female guests seemed to pay the slightest attention to Ashton.  That just doesn’t seem possible. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Please tell me there was editing at play that none of the female guests seemed to pay the slightest attention to Ashton.  That just doesn’t seem possible. 

yeah he's not particularly my type but he is a cutie. And seems to have something between his ears other than fluff.

• Love 3

It's a foregone conclusion that production put Kate and her bunkmate together so that they would indulge their natural tendencies to meangirl.

I wonder if Chandler is an introvert (yes I know he's seeking TV fame) whose psyche can't tolerate intense work while managing unruly staff under the scrutiny of a stern captain. He's always running off to take naps, which is how some introverts deal with stress. Many introverts are exhausted by group dynamics. I also think he may have coasted a bit professionally, with daddy as a yacht captain. Big fish in little pond.

I'm sure Caroline's foot really hurts, but she's also needy and attention-seeking.

Does Captain Lee really manage the yacht full-time? We never see him doing captain stuff, other than barking orders during departures and arrivals. He's usually shown just sitting somewhere, waiting for his scenes to begin. Why don't they show him doing other stuff?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Does Captain Lee really manage the yacht full-time? We never see him doing captain stuff, other than barking orders during departures and arrivals. He's usually shown just sitting somewhere, waiting for his scenes to begin. Why don't they show him doing other stuff?

Well we did see him take a nap.   I heard there's other people on the ship behind the cameras that help run things, not sure if that's true or not.  But that could explain why we don't see him do that much.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

To quote Caroline, Chandler is a dick and to quote Rhylee, Chandler is a complete prick. He seems to be one of those good-looking guys who acts so entitled and full of himself.  Wake up and do your job, asshole. I could care less about Rhylee but she's at least trying to do her job.  Chandler doesn't want to deal with her.  Wonder if there's some undercurrent of sexual tension that he's feeling towards her.  

I don't mind Ashton.  Know that he was a dick when they were out at the bar but many drunks get pompous and stupid.  Don't recall one episode where someone didn't act like an asshole under the influence (Kate).  He's good eye candy for the show.

Don't know if Caroline is a hypochondriac or not but she seems to have other issues that need to be managed.  I've been in situations where I'm not a part of the "cool group" and I didn't give two shits what they thought of me because I knew I was cooler than them.  It's called self-confidence.  People can smell desperate people wanting to be liked and run the other way.  That's how the world works.  

I love Captain Lee.

And that used condom was plain disgusting. Hope that the charter guests watching the episode were embarrassed but probably not.  

I think he did.  Was almost the equivalent of seeing a used tampon on TV.  Next.

I just don't understand some over-entitled assholes, to think that it was okay to leave that out there.  It's not like he was drunk or anything - he just seemed like he had the opinion of "leave it there - the maid will get it".

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8

One would assume that the "juicy condom" would be a bio-hazard in a typical workplace. I suppose hotel cleaning crews encounter this situation occasionally. I got the impression that the crew recognized production's involvement in this obnoxious stunt.

• Love 1

I think anything that comes out of the human body is pretty much a bio hazard!

At best, most places have latex gloves and that's about it.

Money is probably a huge carrier of various human germs.  Sweaty boob money is pretty bad.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

One would assume that the "juicy condom" would be a bio-hazard in a typical workplace. I suppose hotel cleaning crews encounter this situation occasionally. I got the impression that the crew recognized production's involvement in this obnoxious stunt.

Having friends who work in the business more than just occasionally, people are disgusting.

42 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It's a foregone conclusion that production put Kate and her bunkmate together so that they would indulge their natural tendencies to meangirl.

But they aren’t mean girling her. They only person they said negative shit about was Rhylee. Kate has been a quick with praise and acknowledged that they needed to be better about including her. Jeremiah and Kate were going to hit it off regardless of where they slept. She also wanted to address what she said to Caroline that upset her but she didn’t remember it, most likely not only because she was drunk but because it wasn’t malicious or even mean, yet she still allowed Caroline to say her stupid peace.

• Love 8