Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

Stacey Abrams Pushes Back On Meghan McCain About Her Views On Guns

Meghan McCain probably wanted a “gotcha” moment Tuesday while she was discussing gun issues with Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams on “The View.” 

Abrams is a Democrat who supports getting assault weapons off the streets, so McCain asked her if she supported banning AR-15s in the wake of the Tree of Life synagogue massacre in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

McCain was probably not expecting her response.

“I’m not anti-gun. My great-grandmother taught me how to shoot when I was growing up in Mississippi,” Abrams replied. “I don’t hunt because I mostly eat chicken and that seems mean.”

• Love 12

I'm glad I scrolled through the comments...the mentions of stories of Abby's family makes me like her even more...while I can't relate to having a pimp and strippers rush into my hotel room (and I hope I never have that experience), there's something so relatable about the way those mentions depict her family and it's quite refreshing. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I understood Whoopi's reaction, although it was a little harsher than it should have been.  I thought Sunny was carrying on way too much about the accent, as though it's unheard of for actors to be able to do that.  She made a very big deal about it, which I found annoying since I know many actors who easily go from one accent to another.   She just seemed to amazed, and it struck a nerve with me too.

I watched the clip, and Sunny basically seemed amazed that Radcliffe wasn't Harry Potter in his new movie. Whoopi's "ACTOR!" was actually quite funny to me.

Has anyone else noticed Whoopi and Sunny seem ...  Better? Whoopi seemed to thoroughly enjoy asking Sunny legal questions today.

The New Yorker article is very amusing, and an interesting snapshot of the early days of social media in political campaigns. And this:

Liddy, whose dream, her sisters say, is to be a writer for “Saturday Night Live,” is the trio’s creative force. “She’s the wild child,” Abby said. “She is the No. 1 reason we feel my dad is qualified to be President: because he came out alive after raising her.”

I think many of us with siblings have had a Liddy growing up (or, in my case, probably WAS the Liddy).

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

Has anyone else noticed Whoopi and Sunny seem ...  Better? Whoopi seemed to thoroughly enjoy asking Sunny legal questions today.

Honestly, no. I think Whoopi still dislikes Sunny and her Pollyanna ways. I think the only reason Whoopi seemed to enjoy deferring the legal question to Sunny was because she already knew the answer and she knew it was going to go against Trump.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

The Jersey Shore crew. She did not like they were portrayed  as Italian.  She said that's not Italian !  

She was especially ticked about Snooki who "wasn't Italian."   Actually, she was from Chile and adopted by Italian parents (whom I assume are American).

• Love 5

Stacey Abrams was fucking awesome in her measured responses about responsible gun owners wanting responsible control.

Meggie looked confused trying to reconcile the term, "responsible" with her version of gun ownership. She just CANNOT fathom anything inbetween black and white thinking, or couched in her own personal experience (or that of her hubbie's influence via blue cards). 

The other day, hen Joy snapped back at Meggie, I  noticed Meggie's surprised look, like when a nice teacher would yell st someone in class. Meggie quickly reverted to spoiled brat mode, and then skid into passive agressiveness when declining to discuss tolerance--that she wanted to talk about (!) , and then moved into an outright caricature of bitch stance as she crossed her arms and glared at Joy; it; was almost comical, like a bad actor.  

Joy is 75 years old, right? So, how does Meggie get off calling her "bitch", even in "fun," like when Joy came back from her vacation?  It's just not right to me that this jerk would treat an older woman, even a bawdy, outspoken lady as Joy can be, that trashily. I know Joy seems eons younger than her real age,  but she will always be more intelligent, classy, witty, and personable than Meggie could ever dream to be, and it seemed a dumb wannabe joke by Meggie. Can you see Meggie calling Abby, "Bitch", in the same way? I don't think so;  Abby seems decent.   Save it for your bestie,  Erica Jayne, Meggie.

Speaking of Cunty,  did anyone think that Meggie's birthday guests were minimal?  Not even her hubbie?  So where were her multitude of friends-- by which I think Meggie means anyone she's ever met from her party? 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am looking forward to their costumes today.  They hate having to dress up, especially Joy.  I adore her yet it is pretty funny to see her show distain for it.  

I just hope that their costumes are not 80s related. I’ve seen enough of that today. 

I wonder if they will ask Brie Bella about her husband choosing not to accompany the WWE to Saudi Arabia for their show this week. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I just hope that their costumes are not 80s related. I’ve seen enough of that today. 

I wonder if they will ask Brie Bella about her husband choosing not to accompany the WWE to Saudi Arabia for their show this week. 

I hope RBM's costume isn't as stupid as the one she wore last year. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I hope RBM's costume isn't as stupid as the one she wore last year. 

I'm dreading seeing what politically related costume she'll wear this year.

Maybe she'll surprise us and dress as Annie Oakley.

• Love 8
Just now, Bronzedog said:

How ironic that the woman who has never let anything go in her life walks out to the Frozen song, "Let it Go."  Ice queen fits, though.

Of course she equates being an ice queen with being tough and strong. No. Just no.

I liked Joy's "Midterms" Terminator costume the most.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Honestly, no. I think Whoopi still dislikes Sunny and her Pollyanna ways. I think the only reason Whoopi seemed to enjoy deferring the legal question to Sunny was because she already knew the answer and she knew it was going to go against Trump.

I also think that Whoopie feels judged by Sunny due to her religiosity and her stance about abortion. 

• Love 8

ice queen

1. A woman who lacks the ability to empathize or put herself in "another's shoes".

2. A woman who lacks the ability or chooses not to effectively define or react to another's mode of thought and mood.

3. A woman who is so OVERLY concerned with her situation that she does not prioritize or account for another's needs.

4. A woman who lacks emapathy in situations where a another's needs are clearly greater than her wants.

Meghan really nailed it.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

Oh God!  Meghan as Elsa while they play the song "Let it go".  The only thing she ever let go was her figure.  (Sorry that was mean, but I speak on behalf of the terrified squirrels who can no longer afford bulletproof vests due to budget cutbacks).

Are we seeing her bra straps?

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, fatewemake said:

Oh God!  Meghan as Elsa while they play the song "Let it go".  The only thing she ever let go was her figure.  (Sorry that was mean, but I speak on behalf of the terrified squirrels who can no longer afford bulletproof vests due to budget cutbacks).

Post of the day!  ??❤️

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

ice queen

1. A woman who lacks the ability to empathize or put herself in "another's shoes".

2. A woman who lacks the ability or chooses not to effectively define or react to another's mode of thought and mood.

3. A woman who is so OVERLY concerned with her situation that she does not prioritize or account for another's needs.

4. A woman who lacks emapathy in situations where a another's needs are clearly greater than her wants.

Meghan really nailed it.

Except for the fact that Elsa from "Frozen" was none of those things.  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Also, Whoopi looks incredibly cute as Vampirina.

The additional teeth due to the costume are forcing her to take her time to speak more clearly too which is nice.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also think that Whoopie feels judged by Sunny due to her religiosity and her stance about abortion. 

Sunny is probably judging everyone but only Whoopi gets it.   Sister Mary Asunción has a good pokerface (sometimes).

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Sunny is probably judging everyone but only Whoopi gets it.   Sister Mary Asunción has a good pokerface (sometimes).

I don't think Sunny is judgmental, but I do think that she can be perceived to be that way.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Of course she equates being an ice queen with being tough and strong. No. Just no.

I liked Joy's "Midterms" Terminator costume the most.

Not on here yet.  How did she dress for that?  Love the message.

• Love 1

Meghan wanted to look pretty as she once again tells us who she is*.  She wouldn't look like a badass chick dressed as Thomas Jefferson. 

*she has NO idea as to what Elsa personified.  Ice queen is all she saw. 

1 hour ago, fatewemake said:

I love you.  This is hysterical!  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5

I have been a loyal and devout worshipper of Tyler Perry for a long time but had not seen him in a while. His overly-long  tongue bathing of MM and especially WG has cost him many "pachebo points" (not that he will care).

• Love 13

Ok that was the best Hween opening theyve done in years. I laughed so hard from 'enough about you Meghan' to Joy riding in on the motorcycle Mid-Terminator ROFL she really did look badass.  MM did look very pretty also. Sunny and W rocked it and Abby didnt annoy me once all ep, she also looked gorg and kudos for being such a quick change artiat and pulling it off.   Good job ladies, yall done good. P.S. Elle is a crackup, she would make a great addition to the table hint hint and she lives in NYC!  Just sayin'....

1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

That’s okay, I was going to call her “Ice Queen Sized” lol 

Heeeh thats ok, havent spit my water out in awhile hahah

• Love 6
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Except for the fact that Elsa from "Frozen" was none of those things.  

Poor Elsa didn't deserve that. If she was going to do Disney, McCain should've dressed up as Monstro from Pinocchio, considering one of these days she'll probably overturn the table or fall off her chair having one of her daily tantrums.

Too bad she didn't listen to people here who accurately described her as Nellie Olsen. That would've been the perfect costume.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

Cher?  Wasn't she Lady GaGa?

The "notorious RBG" gets my vote for today!

The woman who was selling the gadgets at the end of the show was dressed as Cher.  Abby didn't seem to know who Cher is.  Abby was dressed as Lady GaGa.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm dreading seeing what politically related costume she'll wear this year.

Maybe she'll surprise us and dress as Annie Oakley.

???????

4 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

That’s okay, I was going to call her “Ice Queen Sized” lol 

?????????

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The woman who was selling the gadgets at the end of the show was dressed as Cher.  Abby didn't seem to know who Cher is.  Abby was dressed as Lady GaGa.

Oh, thanks, Bronzedog.  I didn't last through the whole show today, so didn't see that portion.  Sorry to question you. 

On 10/29/2018 at 1:22 PM, backformore said:

I know I"ve said this before, but Meghan needs to learn to dress for her body type.   She doesn't have to take it as far as Whoopi and dress in big loose tents.  BUT - she is short-waisted (her boobs and waist are not that far apart in her overall height)  she dresses in a way that could be flattering on Sunny or Abby.  Not just because they are thin, but they have longer torsos.   today, that high-waisted  skirt that went all the way up to her boobs, and then the ruffly high-necked blouse - NOT a good look on her.   I don't know who advises her on clothes, but the tight skirts are just not a good look.  from the front, her big boobs stand out, and from the side,  her big belly is prominent.  she needs more flowing lines in dresses, longer tunics over pants, a softer look.   

But besides that, she's a hateful bitch who needs to shut up.

This made me chuckle because every time my husband sees what she is wearing he asks who dresses her.  The person who picks out her outfits needs to be trained on how to dress her curvy figure.  The dress she wore on her bday with the awful extensions was the worst.  She is a petulant child who needs to ditch the aggrieved 15 year old's voice.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This made me chuckle because every time my husband sees what she is wearing he asks who dresses her.  The person who picks out her outfits needs to be trained on how to dress her curvy figure.  The dress she wore on her bday with the awful extensions was the worst.  She is a petulant child who needs to ditch the aggrieved 15 year old's voice.

She isn't curvy though, so it is difficult to style someone thick through the middle.  If she were curvy it would be easy.  You need a waistline to be deemed curvy or softig.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

She isn't curvy though, so it is difficult to style someone thick through the middle.  If she were curvy it would be easy.  You need a waistline to be deemed curvy or softig.  

Well, I was being kind saying curvy rather than barrel bodied.  HA!

• Love 8

Those costumes were epic this year.....Joy's was the absolute best though. RBM....you are too oinky for that outfit honey. And we don't bother to call you Elisa on this site any more, because you are a b-----  God she just had to be nasty didn't she?

• Love 6

When Elsa first walked out I was horrified for Meggie because her costume made her boobs and stomach look way bigger than usual.  I thought, the designers hate her as much as we do.  Then they did the magic thing and she was transformed into the pretty light blue dress, which did look nice on her.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Well, I was being kind saying curvy rather than barrel bodied.  HA!

I actually think some of the bright blouses with dark skirts (not too tightly fit) are the best for her barrel body, even when they are high waisted right under her boobs. YMMV

• Love 3