Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Something I don't understand - when Whoopi complains about someone off camera telling her to wrap up and go to commercial and she says I'm going to continue (with my mindless drivel), why don't they just cut her off and cut to commercial?

And her mindless drivel just leaves us all dazed and confused...and definitely UNIMPRESSED.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Morbs said:

I hated her trying to get the table to define machine guns: the common, normal person considers an AR-15 a machine gun because of movies and that's just what we know.  No one is coming after her for hunting or hand guns.

If Meg wanted to talk about it, she should have offered to define AR15, assault rifles, and machine guns.  As the gun-owner at the table, she cold make herself useful by teaching us something. 

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

She was pissed that she didn't have talking points prepared for herself to discuss AR-15s though you would think someone with her job and a lick of sense would consider the possibility that the subject would come up considering the vast amount of mass shootings that have happened in the past couple of years and the fact that AR-15s seem to be the weapon of choice.

Meghan was pissed because the discussion veered off the track she wanted it to be on.  She wanted it to go like this: 

1)Topic is whether anyone in the administration can be considered complicit in the synagogue shooting because of the hate-filled rhetoric;

2) Joy says trump and others ARE to blame, gives examples;

3) Meghan shoots the argument down with her "brilliant" talking points about how two democrats had some vague connection with Farrakhan, and GOTCHA!!  here's some anti-Semitic comments by Farrakhan - HA!  See?  BOTH SIDES!  

Instead, Joy had the nerve to veer off the topic and to talk about guns, and Sunny followed suit,  making it harder for Meg to have her moment. 

• Love 22

I've been on the fence about Abby, but I have decided I like her.  She is not particularly entertaining and can even be a bit boring, but she is calm and respectful, and she was downright artful in redirecting the awkward moment between Joy and Meghan.  

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Morbs said:

Judgmental:  I'm about the same age as Meghan.  I think in your 30's, you should have new hobbies instead of drinking.  What makes me think she has a problem is she is sooo defensive about it and brags about it like a frat boy.  We aren't impressed.  

I’m also in Meghan’s age group and find it odd how much she talks about getting drunk on the show yet is outraged when an article is written about her drinking. She mentions getting drunk enough on the show that it wouldn’t be hard to come to the conclusion that even if she doesn’t have a drinking problem, she does drink in excess frequently. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Something I don't understand - when Whoopi complains about someone off camera telling her to wrap up and go to commercial and she says I'm going to continue (with my mindless drivel), why don't they just cut her off and cut to commercial? She's not the one calling the shots, right?

OMG, that would be funny.  However, I think someone would possibly lose their job.  I don't think Whoopi is in charge, but she has a lot of pull.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It is a problem when Whoopi tries to step in and figure out a message of some sort that is rambling and basically a word salad.

Sigh, this.  She almost never makes any sense, but everyone just puts up with it/her.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan was pissed because the discussion veered off the track she wanted it to be on.  She wanted it to go like this: 

1)Topic is whether anyone in the administration can be considered complicit in the synagogue shooting because of the hate-filled rhetoric;

2) Joy says trump and others ARE to blame, gives examples;

3) Meghan shoots the argument down with her "brilliant" talking points about how two democrats had some vague connection with Farrakhan, and GOTCHA!!  here's some anti-Semitic comments by Farrakhan - HA!  See?  BOTH SIDES!  

Instead, Joy had the nerve to veer off the topic and to talk about guns, and Sunny followed suit,  making it harder for Meg to have her moment. 

4) She understands their grief because HER FATHER DIED!

• Love 17

We know from the past (when one of the co-hosts accidentally referred to Elisabeth as "Bitsy") that either someone in the production crew or a panelist reads these forums regularly.  I wonder if instead of writing the suits at ABC there was a way to get one of the more level-headed panelists (Joy or Sunny) to read this thread.  If they knew how those of us not in the 37% really feel about this show, it might finally lead to a change.

• Love 13

"I appreciate your honesty that you want to ban guns."

Did Meghan and I listen to a different answer? I thought she didn't want to ban all guns, but only remove those that pack the most power and are dangerous. She's for regulations more than anything else.

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Anddddd she mentions that she likes to drink, again.

Probably the only way Megan can make peace with being who she is, honestly.  Most alcoholics are profoundly unhappy people.  But she isn't an alcoholic, just gets drunk at the drop of a hat, lol.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

"I appreciate your honesty that you want to ban guns."

Did Meghan and I listen to a different answer? I thought she didn't want to ban all guns, but only remove those that pack the most power and are dangerous. She's for regulations more than anything else.

She was fighting like hell to get a sound byte of her saying “Yes, I want to take ALL of them away! ALL OF THEM!” So she could circle back to it later. Stacey Abrams smartly didn’t take that obvious bait. Meghan is so transparent.

• Love 22
25 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I hope Joy does have pull. She deserves it.

Meghan has pull also.  Fortunately it is only gravitational.  Joy has all kinds of pull since she is admired and has a legendary status on this show.  She was brought back to the show after she left.  Once Meghan leaves (please be soon!) she's gone for good except as possibly a guest.

Edited by fatewemake
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

So, I'm a Georgia voter. I'm currently dealing with the "exact match" bs. They're saying my signature doesn't match the one on file. In my case, it's an easy fix and more of an inconvenience than anything but for thousands of Georgians, it's enough to dissuade them from voting. And how Brian Kemp is still Secretary of State while being sued for vote suppression in my state is beyond me - just kiddin'! Georgia continues to disappoint me.

The passive-aggressiveness in Meghan's tone and questioning of Stacey pissed me off but she handled those "gotcha" questions from very, very well. This Georgian is proud of you, Stacey! 

This situation is inconceivable to me.  Player and umpire indeed.

3 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

First topic was about the caravan and how Trump is using it to drum up support for the midterm elections

Plus they were talking about Trump wanting to repeal the 14th Amendment by executive order.

• Love 11

Aww, tears from Meghan when talking about Tyler Perry's kindness.  We're not buying the tears anymore, Bitch. I also think he was specifically talking about the recent shitstorm Meghan caused when he pointed out how supportive Meghan's coworkers were when HER FATHER DIED.

What the hell is Abby wearing?????

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Aww, tears from Meghan when talking about Tyler Perry's kindness.  We're not buying the tears anymore, Bitch. I also think he was specifically talking about the recent shitstorm Meghan caused when he pointed out how supportive Meghan's coworkers were when HER FATHER DIED.

I believe this is the reason MM had trouble calling up tears. She didn't want to hear how supportive they all were. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Guns, guns, guns, guns and she tried to filet Stacey Abrams with her gotcha questions. I am happy that Stacey said that you can be a gun lover and want sensible gun control. Why is that so hard for Megan to understand.  What a nasty piece of work! 

Somebody definitely spoke to Megan, she is being very deferential to Joy. I think that Joy has a lot of pull over at ABC.  

I think you're right.  In my book, Joy has legendary status with this show, with her trade and with NYC.  Shes a gentle giant.  

• Love 20
Just now, ari333 said:

Tyler mentioned the Black woman at the table, the Latina and the Jew all comforting MM. Who is Jewish? Not that is matters, but I am nosy.

No one that I know of.  Plus, the hosts all looked at each other like they were trying to figure it out.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Tyler mentioned the Black woman at the table, the Latina and the Jew all comforting MM. Who is Jewish? Not that it matters, but I am nosy.

He has to be referring to Joy (who I know is Italian-American), or maybe he thinks Ms. Goldberg is Jewish.....

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Sorry,  I didn't see any tears. I did see her struggle to manufacture tears on demand, but it wasn't happening. ?

I think any tears (if they were there), got absorbed by her false eyelashes....they were pretty dense.  That heavy false eyelash look, and the white outlining her eyes only makes her eyes look smaller - not a good look!  

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

What's with Megun constantly saying "I appreciate your honesty" to Stacy Adams? It sounds very dismissive to me.

Yes...it did sound dismissive, but that was because of Meghan's usual dismissive tone of voice.  If only she could sound a little more sincere, it would go a long way.

I loved Stacey Abrams' response about the guns, and that she grew up learning to shoot, enjoys trap shooting and target shooting (I guess that may have surprised Meghan), but since she eats mostly chicken, she thinks that shooting for food would be just cruel.  That cracked me up!  

Edited by njbchlover
Edited for spelling error
  • Love 19

Meghan said it was a hoax- someone on a cruise made a sex tape - big deal.  I thought she can’t talk about sex.  She used to get all flustered about it.  She would get embarrassed and scream “I’m not talking about sex”. But lately she’s talking about how wild she was when she was younger and doesn’t think anyone should be slut shamed.  Which is it?   Also, she chose that pumpkin because it was political?   Good Lord 

• Love 10