Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/29/2018

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Good point, but I think one of Megan's major personality flaws is that she takes everything so personally.  Because she is a licensed gun owner, any conversation of stricter gun control laws sets her over the edge.  Because she is a Republican, any discussion of Republican issues cuts her to the core.  She doesn't know how to have a respectful conversation with someone who doesn't have the same "View" as she - and, well, isn't that the name of the show?  Isn't that the premise of the show - different women, different views, discussing and exchanging ideas?  

And, also, when she went on that rampage about guns, did Megan mention that she was Aryan?  I could have sworn that's what I heard!  

I just watched on YouTube. She said "NRA member".

Also, rambling on about legal gun owners and saying that legal, responsible gun owners aren't to blame.  You fucking lying obtuse POS! OBVIOUSLY (to anyone with 1 brain cell -- not you), murderers aren't "responsible" gun owners -- legal or not! There are plenty of legal IRRESPONSIBLE gun owners. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Obvious to anyone with have a brain. Obviously, that excludes MM.
  • Love 14

I honestly see Joy getting to the point I got to in my career before I retired, (see how I made this post all about me, just like Meghan taught me?). I woke up one cold, dark morning, and, thought to myself, "Why am I still doing this?  I don't have to do this anymore."  And, when I got to work, I announced my plans to retire.  I see Joy rapidly going in that direction.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I just watched on YouTube. She said "NRA member".

Also, rambling on about legal gun owners and saying that legal, responsible gun owners aren't to blame.  You fucking lying obtuse POS! OBVIOUSLY, murderers aren't "responsible" gun owners -- legal or not! There are plenty of legal IRRESPONSIBLE gun owners. 

Thank you!!!!  I was shocked when I heard what I thought I heard!  

Also - agree with the rest of your post!  

Just now, GiveMeSpace said:

YES! I heard this also.

AdeleDazeem just posted that she watched on Youtube, and Megan said "NRA".....I'm glad that I didn't hear what I thought I did!  I guess speaking quickly, saying "I'm NRA member" was misconstrued and mis-heard by some of us.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Thank you, Joy. Someone should have said this to her months ago. Everything isn't about that evil bitch. I wouldn't look at her either cause she says the same shit whenever a shooting happens with that kind of gun. No one is saying take all guns, just that one. Joy raised a good point. The NRA is silent when it comes to legal black gun owners.

They were silent about Philando Castile, a legal gun owner who got shot to death before his family. 

Joy was right that gun control called the Mulford act was legislated to target Black gun owners  was supported enthusiastically by the NRA . It was enacted because the Black Panthers in Oakland and other cities in California used to publicly carry their guns as a show of force to protect Black neighborhoods from police brutality.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21

Here's today's show:    Megan does say "NRA member", but her speech is extremely garbled (I imagine she was very flustered and angry and trying to contain herself), so it really does not sound right.  I listened to it five times, and it took me a while to finally understand her.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

It's astounding to me that all of the panelists at the beginning of the show seemed to be speaking extemporaneously—and then in barges MM who started reading from her blue cards at the table. Like, she has nothing to say without words being put into her mouth. I stopped that video at 4:30 when she started yammering about liberals and "Keith Ellison" in her annoying Valley Girl upspeak. Shut up, art history major. You know literally nothing about everything. 

11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Today's episode.

2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Nearly every story Meghan tells starts with "We were so drunk..." or some variation of that. I cannot fathom why anyone would think she has a drinking problem. She reminds me of "Fun Bobby" from Friends.

“In my family we all get drunk and get tattoos!”

???

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Nearly every story Meghan tells starts with "We were so drunk..." or some variation of that. I cannot fathom why anyone would think she has a drinking problem. She reminds me of "Fun Bobby" from Friends.

Obnoxious Meghan.

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

“In my family we all get drunk and get tattoos!”

New drinking game.  Whenever Meghan mentions drinking take a drink.  For all of us at work coffee or water will work.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't know why, but I kind of think someone who likes to play with automatic weapons and apparently likes to drink heavily-well, that just might not end well.

Or it could end well. Depending on your perspective.

• Love 9

I'm guessing something happened during their producer's meeting before the show that had MM and Joy on edge like that.   (Hence the "I thought we were talking about civility and not guns" snit)  MM was extremely unprofessional and downright rude.   Hopefully she be reprimanded and forced to apologize on air tomorrow.   There was a far better way to make her point about sticking on topic besides acting like a rude, brat.   Say what you want about Abby, but she handled changing the topic perfectly.   

MM can not complain that people are concerned she's an alcoholic when she tells pretty much daily stories about being drunk, or prideful stories about the antics of her drunken relatives.   McCain family dinners must be some pretty wild events.  

I took Whoopi interrupting Sunny with "Actor!!!" as more as a complement to Daniel Ratcliffe (saying he's a really good trained actor), than anything derogatory towards Sunny.   But then again I generally see the Whoopi/Sunny comments differently than others.   

• Love 11

As for guests being pre-seated or entering , I am guessing that non celebrities are automatically pre-seated and "star quality" celebs are given a choice. Most of those have large enough egos that they want the applause and fawning from the co-hosts.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, pachebo said:

As for guests being pre-seated or entering , I am guessing that non celebrities are automatically pre-seated and "star quality" celebs are given a choice. Most of those have large enough egos that they want the applause and fawning from the co-hosts.

I think its more of time issue.  The star quality celeb will still get the accolades from the crowd when the walk out off air.  I like when they're pre-seated, gets things moving along quicker :)  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I took Whoopi interrupting Sunny with "Actor!!!" as more as a complement to Daniel Ratcliffe (saying he's a really good trained actor), than anything derogatory towards Sunny.   But then again I generally see the Whoopi/Sunny comments differently than others.   

That was my interpretation as well.

30 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

MM just marches out there like she's clocking in at the coal mine, she doesn't even LOOK at the audience.  

She stomps to the table.  If it is such a chore for her to be there she should find another place to be.  I know it's a chore for me to watch her.

• Love 20

Usually when Meggie is pissed off, she madly and frequently sips her cup of bourbon.  Today she also crossed her arms.

Meggie actually did her whataboutism again today.  They were talking about the shooting, with Abby giving her speech about tolerance and love.  Joy said love and tolerance are fine, but it is about laws.  Change the guns laws, change behaviour.  Sunny listed all of the shootings where there were AK15s.  Meggie started reading off her blue cards, saying people on  the left should be held accountable, naming a few Democrats who met with Farrakhan.  She said she wanted to talk about tolerance not guns.  And then she had a little hissy fit because Joy was not looking at her, so she interrupted her own point, sip sip sip, and then crossed her arms, and Whoopi goes into one of her long rants.

After the break, Whoopi opened the topic of the role of social media and the media, and Joy said the media should stop covering his rallies, because it emboldens him.  Meggie sarcastically says, that seems like a logical response to that question, saying they were supposed to be talking about social media and Joy jumps to Trump rallies.  Of course Joy was pissed when that happened, but Meggie brought it all on herself.  Who is she to dictate what they can talk about?  Joy should have mentioned the first amendment.  Why is Meggie being so critical of Joy?  Something else must be going on.  What was most interesting was that Whoopi did not rescue Meggie at all.

Later, in addition to mispronouncing Equus (and no one corrected her), she told Daniel Radcliffe that her brother and sister got drunk and got Harry Potter tattoos, and they showed the pic of them with their tattoos.  He commented and then she repeated the entire thing, they are such big fans, they got drunk and got matching Harry Potter tattoos!

• Love 22

Did I miss something? Meghan was extremely rude to Joy today. From the first moments that they sat down. I assume something must have happened backstage.

But whatever it was, Meghan comes off very unprofessional.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Thank you!!!!  I was shocked when I heard what I thought I heard!  

Also - agree with the rest of your post!  

AdeleDazeem just posted that she watched on Youtube, and Megan said "NRA".....I'm glad that I didn't hear what I thought I did!  I guess speaking quickly, saying "I'm NRA member" was misconstrued and mis-heard by some of us.

Boy, she needs speech therapy!   Enunciate, woman!  ?

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Boy, she needs speech therapy!   Enunciate, woman!

Funny you should mention this.  I wish she would mention that she had speech therapy as a kid.  I notice almost every "L" she pronounces and she does her best to keep it from being a "W."  She's not always successful.      Yellow?  Yeh-woe.    

• Love 5

I'm from and in Meghan's home state...that "middle of the country" Arizona.  Most people I know own guns.  Most don't brag about them.  I'm the eldest of 24 cousins and NOT ONE has an AR-15 (assault rifle).   Someone should ask Meg how many assault rifles she owns.   I bet she won't provide an answer.   ETA:  She wishes she'd known they were going to discuss guns; she can discuss guns!; she thought they were discussing tolerance (or something like that).

Edited by Former Nun
tolerance
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

So, before anyone can even speak up about the GOP's culpability in anti-Semitic rhetoric, Meghan has to recite times democrats IN PAST YEARS, met with Louis Farrakhan, or attended events where Farrakhan spoke.

Meanwhile, Abby is looking completely bewildered.  "I've heard this Farrigan or whatever name before.  Just who IS this guy?"

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I'm from and in Meghan's home state...that "middle of the country" Arizona.  Most people I know own guns.  Most don't brag about them.  I'm the eldest of 24 cousins and NOT ONE has an AR-15 (assault rifle).   Someone should ask Meg how many assault rifles she owns.   I bet she won't provide an answer.   ETA:  She wishes she'd known they were going to discuss guns; she can discuss guns!; she thought they were discussing compassion (or something like that).

She needs them to shoot squirrels.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

So, before anyone can even speak up about the GOP's culpability in anti-Semitic rhetoric, Meghan has to recite times democrats IN PAST YEARS, met with Louis Farrakhan, or attended events where Farrakhan spoke.    BECAUSE THAT'S THE SAME THING?!?!?!?!

Seriously trump is the president.  And the hate speech coming out of his mouth is equivalent to the hate speech coming out of Farrakhan's mouth, because Farrakhan spoke TO democrats?   what the bloody fuck kind of false equivalency is that?   Meghan - Louis Farrakhan (forgive me if I spelled it wrong, I don't care enough to look it up)  was NOT president, was not an elected official, or the head of the democratic party - stop acting like he was!   This is exactly the same GOP talking point that held Obama responsible for everything that was said by a preacher at his church.   I'm sick of this crap. 

Meghan was grasping at straws trying to come up with the false equivalency of a Trump supporter mailing pipe bombs to Trump's perceived enemies to someone on the left doing something. I swear she is becoming  more unhinged by the day.

• Love 22

Meghan was such an asshole today. Moving on though, Abby adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. She speaks in eternal cliches and platitudes. "I was putting my daughter to bed, she's so innocent, blah blah". What a waste of a hire. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan was grasping at straws trying to come up with the false equivalency of a Trump supporter mailing pipe bombs to Trump's perceived enemies to someone on the left doing something. I swear she is becoming  more unhinged by the day.

I'm sure Meghan's husband gave her the "talking points"  for today, and they both thought "GOTCHA! Dems are just as bad!"    With no understanding that LOUIS FARRAKHAN has no standing to represent "The Left"  the way Meghan wants to spin it.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't know why, but I kind of think someone who likes to play with automatic weapons and apparently likes to drink heavily-well, that just might not end well.

Lest we forget, that charming little uncontrollable temper.

• Love 15