Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Flowers Grow Out of My Grave

• Start Topic

When did Ben want to be a nurse!l?  He was always a doctor he was the man who puts you asleep in a op ( sorry can’t spell it but I know what it is) but then he wanted to be surgon instead and now a firefighter. I don’t disagree he is a flake and gets bored easier as he got older but I don’t remember a nurse. Bailey dated Eli the nurse just befriend Ben. 

Edited by -pj-
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Efzee said:

Technically, he was already a doctor when they met; he was an anesthesiologist, who then decided to become a surgeon and then (after completing his residency?) a firefighter.

I stand corrected Miranda's other BF was a nurse.  I still stick by my flake assessment though:)  

6 minutes ago, -pj- said:

When did Ben want to be a nurse!l?  He was always a doctor he was the man who puts you asleep in a op ( sorry can’t spell it but I know what it is) but then he wanted to be surgon instead and now a firefighter. I don’t disagree he is a flake and gets bored easier as he got older but I don’t remember a nurse. Bailey dated Eli the nurse just befriend Ben. 

I confused him with that other guy Miranda dated 

• Love 4

Ben appears to be an adrenalin junkie (for plot). He was an anesthesiologist and then wanted more so he enrolled in a surgery residency and then after doing various cowboy antics like operating in the middle of a room and then getting in trouble for them, he upped his game by becoming a fire fighter (for plot again).

This whole thing is so stupid. Bailey is old enough to be aware of who she married and that she has to deal with who he is, she can't change him at this age.

• Love 10

The moment with Dereck got me. I was kind of surprised--I don't get deeply moved by this show but it worked. I wish Mark had not popped up right after--took me out of my happy/emotional Dereck moment. I think the order should have been flipped.

It also reminded me of a moment I really liked from a season a long time ago--after Denny died, there was an episode where Izzie walked through the hospital and felt his presence-this was before and separate and apart from ghost sex. It was actually nice--nice to think of someone being close. I believe it was the one where Meredith almost died and hangs out with dead characters (which may describe multiple episodes).

Add me to the club of people who forgot the dog completely.

I have never liked Jo and Alex but they are better this year. Jo is a lot better this year.

Yet another episode where I end up hoping Glasses gets run over by a truck/otherwise just disappears. Please fix his character from being a stumbling idiot (someone compared him to a poodle--yes on that) or get him out of here pronto. It's too distracting. No one should have picked him to be a resident in anything, let alone surgery.

• Love 7

He will get more confident after having sex with AOG. I'm actually looking forward to that relationship. God knows we need more gay couples on TV, and that one could be hot and adorable.

Ghost!Derek freaked me out. The only ghost who made me cry was George. Miss you, 007!

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, izabella said:

watched Station 19 and can give you Bailey's reasoning.  It won't work, of course. 

Okay, I read the concealed info, and that at least makes a modicum of sense.  I agree it won't work, but it's not completely insane.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Efzee said:

I think Ellis was a better parent; despite her hardships (and presumably never even wanting a child) she was there, she raised Meredith as best she could while her worthless father was starting a new family with a wife who didn't have an ambition of her own or whatever excuse he used to blame everything on Ellis and she never badmouthed Tatcher the way he has Ellis.

Ellis was so bad as a mother, it would've been better if she hadn't been there.  Thatcher was no prize, but Ellis was detrimental as a parent.

• Love 6

The appearances of the former cast members who have since been killed off only highlighted how ridiculously dangerous it is to be an employee of this hospital. Clearly your odds of dying suddenly and tragically at a young age are quite high  you if you work at there. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Maybe with the dying dad storyline a unknown half brother will be introduced—after Meredith hooks up with him of course. 

OMG! Haha! Yes! Yes! <<That is soap opera 101!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

The appearances of the former cast members who have since been killed off only highlighted how ridiculously dangerous it is to be an employee of this hospital. Clearly your odds of dying suddenly and tragically at a young age are quite high  you if you work at there. 

Firefighter Ben's the safest one of all. 

• Love 3

Totally agree with the folks who have no love lost on Thatcher. Mer owes him nothing. His abuse of her after his anit-Ellis wife died was so horrible. I have never forgiven him. She has no obligation to seek him out now. 

Also agree with the folks who are not in for a serious Linc/Mer pairing, There is something about that dude, I keep thinking of him as a bit of a missing link-- some mid-evolutionary stage of human. I see how people could find him attractive (mostly in still photos), but he's got something loose and rangey about his gait and movement that makes me think about big apes  Yes, he was way more tolerable this week, even charming. But, as he exists now, not for Mer.  

As soon as Chasing Cars started playing, I freaked out a bit-- very nervous about what was going to happen. And then George!! Doc!! And so on. I loved it, the GRIN on McSteamy. All cheese. Iffy CGI.  Don't care. I cried during and after-- thinking about all the death Mer has been through.  And how much I miss some of those characters. (Not you, Ellis). 

Also, I am not here for Schmitt/Glasses trying to shame a grown man into teaching him how to achieve his sexual identity. That line about "teaching hospital" was gross. And I don't really like the character anyway-- I find nothing endearing or cutely nerdy about him. He reeks of newbie at everything. Please allow Nico/HAOG a grownup. 

• Love 7