Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Flowers Grow Out of My Grave

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Meredith/Derek/Finn

That's the one I was thinking of.  "I'm dating...and it comes with snacks!"

5 hours ago, Efzee said:

I was also confused about the "he's dead", "it's been seven minutes" and "the five minute rule": the liver was still inside the patient whose heart had only stopped 7 minutes ago, so why would the liver already be dead? I thought the liver was one of those organs that they can harvest for a while (hours) after death... but maybe I'm wrong.

That guy looked waaaaaay deader than 7 minutes.  He looked like they had fished him out of a lake a couple days after he drowned!

2 hours ago, Shellie said:

Does anyone know a link to the cast for this episode?  IMDB has it goofed up.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out where I had seen the liver transplant woman before or someone who looks a lot like her, and I think it could be Tracie Thoms (Cold Case).  IMDB has her listed as playing Robert Gibbs. What?  

I believe the character's name was Roberta.  Simple typo, but a very important distinction!  Tracie Thoms also played Andie's BFF Lily in The Devil Wears Prada, and the evil power lesbian studio exec on the last season of UNReal.  I'm always delighted when she pops up on my screen; I think she's great!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Efzee said:

And... they were separated at birth!!! But they didn't discover this until after they had been on a couple of dates together and were slowly falling head over heels... 

It was during the McVet time. She met Finn through Doc the dog. He was the widower who she didn't sleep with right away but Derek (involved with Addison at the time) still threw a hissyfit and called her a whore after going to the vet with Doc after hours and Meredith came downstairs (because apparently he lived in the apartment above the clinic) barely dressed, having taken a shower after assisting Finn with some farm animal giving birth.

And then when she and Derek tried to be friends again, she went on walks with him and Doc. Sort of behind Addison's back, IIRC.  And then there was the awful prom night for the chief's (Webber) niece dying of ovarian cancer or something and Meredith took Finn as her date and Derek Addison and then Meredith and Derek had sex in one of the exam rooms and Meredith left her panties behind which Addison found and pinned to the board and then Bailey threw a hissyfit over someone's panties lying around the hospital and Callie (who'd caught Meredith and Derek having sex on prom night) took the blame and claimed the panties.

Yes! I remember all that! Wow! I can't believe I forgot the dog. Oh and didn't he come back during the Meredith drowns eps? Like she saw the dog in heaven or something?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, taanja said:

Yes! I remember all that! Wow! I can't believe I forgot the dog. Oh and didn't he come back during the Meredith drowns eps? Like she saw the dog in heaven or something?

Yes.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Efzee said:

This! I was so hoping Alex would confront Bailey after she left the patient and fire her for her behavior. Not only did she disobey a direct order from her chief, but she forced a fellow (and all the other staff in the OR) to collaborate with her and  put the hospital's reputation at stake. Especially as a former chief (or whatever) she should know that is not acceptable and that no surgeon can just go and decide to do a risky/unapproved operation. There should've been an internal meeting where she'd pitch the procedure to some committee made up of other surgeons/doctors, lawyers and possibly the shareholders/owners of the hospital before a decision would be made.

The problem with this whole storyline is that Alex didn't have a good reason for refusing the transplant. He said something about if it doesn't work it could be expensive for the hospital, I guess if the Williams recipient sued. But they could have got her to sign a release that she understood the risks.

It's one of those stupid things for plot drama, like Maggie telling Meredith about Teddy's pregnancy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Biggie B said:

Hot Asian Ortho God, I think.

1 hour ago, Joana said:

Hot Asian Ortho God. Someone (NUguy514?) called him that when he first appeared because the show never bothered to introduce him by his name and we needed a way to address him, so it's stuck. I like it. :D

I've seen since that his name is Nico, but has anyone on the show actually called him that? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. 

Oh thanks guys. I actually thought it was some much used acronym like MILF or BAMF and I just didn't know it lool.

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The problem with this whole storyline is that Alex didn't have a good reason for refusing the transplant. He said something about if it doesn't work it could be expensive for the hospital, I guess if the Williams recipient sued. But they could have got her to sign a release that she understood the risks.

It's one of those stupid things for plot drama, like Maggie telling Meredith about Teddy's pregnancy.

I read it as UNOS not wanting to deny outright and passing the decision on to the hospital, but with an unwritten threat that if the hospital chose to proceed there would be (mysterious, beknownst only to Alex) consequences down the line.  Kind of like when I asked my mom if I could do something, and though she didn't want me to do it, she'd only say "I wish you wouldn't)...giving me the freedom to choose, but not really, because I knew if I did it and it went wrong I'd get "See? That didn't work out so well, did it?" later from my mother.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Organ transplants have to follow specific protocol and all transplants have to be approved by the hospital and usually the organization handling the organ delivery. This was something untried and no one approved-if something went wrong the patient’s family could sue the hospital for not following the steps and for using the organ of a dead man. Alex was right here. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4

It wasn't untried though, either Bailey or Jo quoted some study where it had been done.  It's not a recognized procedure  but it's also something that had been tried successfully before.  This show has a long history of one of the doctors going "I read about this very experimental procedure ...." and then going and doing it.

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that the hospital could have got the patient to sign a consent to the procedure acknowledging the risks but agreeing to go ahead with it anyway..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It wasn't untried though, either Bailey or Jo quoted some study where it had been done.  It's not a recognized procedure  but it's also something that had been tried successfully before.

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that the hospital could have got the patient to sign a consent to the procedure acknowledging the risks but agreeing to go ahead with it anyway..

The only thing Bailey quoted was successfully bringing a liver "back to life", not it being successfully transplanted into a patient whose own liver was failing (and possible other health issues related to that, I don't recall if the patient's condition was actually mentioned) nor how many successful cases there were and how many failed.

11 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

I read it as UNOS not wanting to deny outright and passing the decision on to the hospital, but with an unwritten threat that if the hospital chose to proceed there would be (mysterious, beknownst only to Alex) consequences down the line.  Kind of like when I asked my mom if I could do something, and though she didn't want me to do it, she'd only say "I wish you wouldn't)...giving me the freedom to choose, but not really, because I knew if I did it and it went wrong I'd get "See? That didn't work out so well, did it?" later from my mother.

I believe he said something about consequences in regards to the standing of the hospital (in the eyes of UNOS), which could mean they'd be blacklisted or whatever the correct terminology for not being allowed to perform transplant surgeries is.

• Love 2

Even if something was tried in a study, the hospital board would have to approve the procedure being done. I had a couple of family members who received transplants and there are lots of regulations around organs. Even directed organs go through board approvals. 

• Love 4

OPTN is a part of UNOS that regulates direct donation, instead of the UNOS criteria of sickest first, direct donation, after some big, notable boo-boos still have to go through procedures.      I think a lot changed after Mickey Mantle's transplant in 1995.       

I still question the viability of a deceased donor's liver, or other organs, since before if the donor died, the organs were useless.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

It's been like that on this show since forever. There's a case that's entirely hopeless, there is absolutely nothing that can be done, the patient is doomed. And then someone (possibly even an intern!) thinks of some miraculous solution that's never been done before, or in the best case, is vaguely similar to some highly experimental procedure that's been done once in Japan or something, with uncertain outcome. And then, BAM! They're able to successfully pull it off without any research, trial or preparation. 

I've always wondered who covers the costs of such procedures. I guess it wasn't an issue when they had shitloads of Harper Avery's money behind them. But now that money's run out, which was actually addressed in previous episode (I was impressed as I fully expected them to act like it never happened), only to be ignored 5 minutes later when they were back doing experimental pro bono surgeries again.

• Love 6

I saw a picture of Chris Carmack with short hair and a bit of stubble and maybe I'm shallow but I'd way rather have Mer date Link if he looked a little older and more "seasoned" (if that's the right word). Right now he's all long floppy hair and goofy mannerisms and while I think Mer could use a bit of lightness in a partner, I don't think young and goofy is right for her, which is why I'm not seeing Mer/Link as fitting as a couple right now. Maybe next week with a new hairdo he'll get better.

• Love 6

I’d have to back and check but I’m 99% sure that Bailey said the process she wanted to use to make the dead liver viable again had been done in Europe (meaning not in the United States). There are different rules and regulations in Europe which is one of the reasons why certain federal grants state that your research must take place in the United States. They don’t want you taking American research funding and then conducting your research in a country that has more flexible rules about what you can and can’t do. You know that American joke about how everything is legal in Nevada/New Jersey? It’s kind of like that. They don’t want you to try to circumvent American research regulations by skipping off somewhere else. Just because this research has been done in Europe doesn’t mean it’s legal or approved in the USA. Parker hesitated and mouthed to Jo that the European research had been done on animals which is why Bailey said, “On humans!”

• Love 4

I wish they would have shown Adele, since she cared more about Meredith than her own mother did.   

I almost expected them to show Thatcher, or say he had died at the end too, but I guess it was only to show people that were in Meredith's life, and Thatcher never was after she was five or so, unless he needed something from Meredith, like half of her liver.  I still remember Thatcher slapping Meredith after his second wife died, and he blamed Meredith.        I know Meredith's mother was a total b-word after the divorce, but Thatcher still could have had visitation, but apparently he didn't try.     

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Joana said:

Hot Asian Ortho God. Someone (NUguy514?) called him that when he first appeared because the show never bothered to introduce him by his name and we needed a way to address him, so it's stuck. I like it. :D

I've seen since that his name is Nico, but has anyone on the show actually called him that? Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. 

I’m not sure it was I originally, but I will happily take credit!? I mean, if the show can’t be bothered to have anyone call him by his name (maybe someone called him Dr. Kim once) and if he’s just going to exist to facilitate another (dumb) character’s (not believable to me) story, then HAOG he shall remain to me!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Doc was the dog Meredith and Izzie got in the second season, but the dog was not the greatest dog (he chased George around the house and even Izzie started to dislike him)so she gave him to Derek and Addison and both Derek and Addison still talked to her about the dog occasionally  but he was an older dog anyway and it turned out he was getting sick and they had to put him down and it was a sad moment for her and Derek when they were together saying goodbye to him in the season 2 finale.

It was nice to see him again.  I'm guessing it was a different canine actor playing Doc last night, as the season 2 finale was 12 years ago, so even if the original dog was relatively young (say 2 or 3), he would be 14 or 15 now, and would probably no longer be acting if he is even still alive.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, transitfan said:

I'm guessing it was a different canine actor playing Doc last night,

Wouldn't they have just used a clip from an episode the dog was originally in, just as they did with George, Lexi, Ellis, Derek, and Mark? Easier than trying to deal with an actual dog on the set and cheaper, too! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

Wouldn't they have just used a clip from an episode the dog was originally in, just as they did with George, Lexi, Ellis, Derek, and Mark? Easier than trying to deal with an actual dog on the set and cheaper, too! 

Someone posted a quote of Krista saying that they used new footage for the dog and Ellis and old scenes for everyone else. I don't know what the reasoning for that was, though.

Memory is such a funny thing. I remember there was a dog on the show at some point, and literally nothing more about it. 

• Love 2

Someone posted a quote of Krista saying that they used new footage for the dog and Ellis and old scenes for everyone else. I don't know what the reasoning for that was, though.

Ah - live action dog! Got it! I didn't see the quote. And yes - even with numerous recaps, I have NO recollection of the dog at all - none. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Joana said:

Memory is such a funny thing. I remember there was a dog on the show at some point, and literally nothing more about it. 

Interesting.  Well, with the end of Scandal, Kate Burton was available.  And as I said in my other post, the original dog who played Doc is very likely no longer with us, so they had to shoot with a look-alike (maybe one of his descendants?)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Joana said:

My guess is because some of those actors may have left on not so great terms or are busy . I think TRK still has a good relationship with the show and everyone involved in it, The actress who played Lexie is busy with Supergirl and I’m pretty sure PD didn’t leave on the greatest terms and I’m not sure about the actor who played mark but I don’t think that was a fond farewell either, I think he was let go because of money and certain actors had to be let go. Granted it made sense storywise for him to leave as well but I’m pretty sure he was let go too.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I still question the viability of a deceased donor's liver, or other organs, since before if the donor died, the organs were useless.  

I question "he's been dead for 7 minutes, the organ is useless" when a transplant team can remove organs from the body, take them hundreds of miles away, and then put the in a new person and they're still viable.

• Love 6

I think it would have been tougher to include new footage of George, Mark, Lexie and Derek since they would all have aged, although the effects could be digitally softened. I figure they wanted to create new footage of the dog because they didn't have anything of the dog in the hospital. 

Even if the CGI was somewhat off, I still thought it was well done.  Early on, I expected Derek would show up, but then I forgot about the whole thing, and I was startled to see George.  They surprised me with that. Also, I thought it seemed pretty clear that this wasn't Meredith reminiscing, but rather that these people and the dog were actually there. For a moment, she thought she heard Derek say "hey," because he really did.  And I loved it that they included the dog!

• Love 12

Flashbacks of Lexie and Mark remind me how much I miss them.  I did like that they chose a shot of Mark with his trademark grin.

Does this mean Meredith will finally get to move on?

I'm liking the Alex/Bailey reversal.  When Izzy cut Denny's L wire, Alex kept saying, "I didn't do anything," and Bailey responded something like, "Yeah, I know you weren't involved," to which Alex said, "No, I mean, I knew what was going on, and I didn't do anything to stop it."

• Love 4
21 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

That's disappointing.  I really liked them as a couple.  I'm going to blame Bailey's unreasonable expectations for this one, but fully understand anyone disagreeing with me.

I DO watch Station 19 and am holding out hope that they reunite. I love them as a couple and they are clearly still madly in love. Honestly, though, the only way I could see it happening would be if he suffered some sort of injury that required him to take a desk job within the station. 

Also, I'm on the short list that actually likes Mer and DeLuca as a couple. I didn't think I would, and I didn't originally, but I thought the chemistry was great this episode and I can totally see it happening. I don't see it with Linc (though they'll probably go that direction anyway because why else add him to the show? CC, by the way, is one of my town/city's big celebrities LOL). 

I can't recall, but did they show the CGI ghosts for anyone other than Meredith? I really did love that touch ... reminded me a bit of probably my all-time favorite sob-inducing scene EVER on this show, when Richard imagines dancing with Adele to "My Funny Valentine" ... 

Finally, I do love Tracie Thoms ... and while she is technically a recurring guest on 9-1-1 her character gets a lot of screen time and is part of one of my favorite storylines, as Hen's wife. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 3

id you have to reach out to those actors about using their images or did you use archival footage? 

No. When an actor leaves the show there is paperwork put into place that allows us to use clips. We have some iconic footage that the fans will immediately recognize: That shot of Derek, the fans who have watched the show multiple times know what episode that is from. There are iconic moments and shots that we pulled from moments that actually never aired on the show — like Mark with Derek — and then there's newly shot stuff with Ellis and Doc the dog.

So it would seem that the actors did in fact sign off on this sort of thing when they left the show. That seems a bit unusual, I'd never heard of that before. Bottom line, yes, you need the actors' permission one way or another to use their image, even if it's just archival footage. Learned this a long time ago watching soaps. Also - see Crispin Glover's lawsuit against Back to the Future Part 2.

38 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So it would seem that the actors did in fact sign off on this sort of thing when they left the show. That seems a bit unusual, I'd never heard of that before. Bottom line, yes, you need the actors' permission one way or another to use their image, even if it's just archival footage. Learned this a long time ago watching soaps. Also - see Crispin Glover's lawsuit against Back to the Future Part 2.

Krista says "when they left the show," but I would bet they already had the waiver. Glover's lawsuit made it pretty standard for that clause going into just about every actors' contract after that. Unless they have the clout to say no, which most do not.

• Love 2
On 11/2/2018 at 8:23 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

The only person I thought Meredith would be good with was the character Scott speedmen played when he guest starred

I thought she had a lot of chemistry with that judge she treated last season and wanted to see them get together (professional ethics of dating a patient notwithstanding), so naturally he died at the end of the one episode he was in.

Edited by h8omb
  • Love 2

Was anyone else creeped out by the Derek CGI? It looked really weird to me. 

I do believe that Ortho Linc would cut some of his hair off to make a patient feel better but there’s no way he would let a non-professional (I’m looking right at you Jo & Mer!) fix it. He’d be at the salon right after work letting a pro get his hair into decent shape.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Was anyone else creeped out by the Derek CGI? It looked really weird to me. 

Derek and Mark seemed out of place compared to everyone else. 

I liked the episode, but I wish they would have shown Thatcher instead of just mentioning him. 

• Love 4

I realize Meredith had a somewhat complex relationship with her mom, but I find it so weird that after her mom’s death she’s come to such terms with her that she named a child after her but acts like Thatcher was the devil for not fighting for more of a relationship with her. Not that she’s wrong in her Thatcher feelings- I just find it weird.

In my opinion, Ellis sucked as a parent way worse than Thatcher.

8 minutes ago, deaja said:

I realize Meredith had a somewhat complex relationship with her mom, but I find it so weird that after her mom’s death she’s come to such terms with her that she named a child after her but acts like Thatcher was the devil for not fighting for more of a relationship with her. Not that she’s wrong in her Thatcher feelings- I just find it weird.

It bothers me a lot this rewritten history with Ellis. 

From what I remember, after she died, Meredith reasoned that while she was a horrible mother she was also an extraordinary surgeon that she should learn from. That’s somehow morphed into feelings of warmth and nurture to the point of naming her daughter after her which to this day irritates me.

• Love 8
On 11/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, transitfan said:

Interesting.  Well, with the end of Scandal, Kate Burton was available.  And as I said in my other post, the original dog who played Doc is very likely no longer with us, so they had to shoot with a look-alike (maybe one of his descendants?)

Kate Burton also got a credit for being in the episode. The others did not.

25 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Yeah, now that I think about it, kinda shocked they didn't show Mer seeing a CGI of Thatcher at the very end. That would have been soooo Grey's. Except I guess not everyone would recognize him? 

Thatcher’s not dead, just dying. I expect him to show up soon since Jeff Perry is available again. Otherwise, why create a storyline about it al all?

• Love 4
On 11/1/2018 at 4:02 PM, Snow Fairy said:

I can see the next conversation between Owen and Meredith/Maggie

Did you talk to Teddy?

Yes, she came by.... something something

Oh great bla bla bla Teddy's baby/pregnancy

Whaaat?

This is exactly what I'm expecting.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:25 PM, JNM5505 said:

No, she more like bullied Jo to do the same. Jo was clearly protesting out of concern that it would piss Alex off, and it did. I would love to see Bailey get in trouble for pulling this stunt that probably broke all sorts of laws. UNOS and his family actually consented? I have a feeling she even suavely convinced them to give her their deceased relative's organ. What a bitch.

When she realized he was dead she commented that he was an organ donor (and that he was a blood match to the other patient - which seems odd to know off the top of your head...), so obviously he had made his wishes known. Still need consent from next-of-kin, I believe, but it's a reasonable assumption on her part that they would, I'd think. She'd want to at least do what's needed to make the organ more likely to remain viable until the family is notified (they didn't show it so I'm going to just assume that she didn't actually remove it until the family gave official consent because I think that would have been going too far).

On 11/1/2018 at 11:59 PM, pennben said:

Now that my wine is wearing off, I will say my favorite development is that Linc is getting a hair cut. I laughed out loud when he started cutting his own hair because I was thinking every time I saw him earlier that it was an awful haircut he was sporting. 

On 11/2/2018 at 6:50 AM, Biggie B said:

I don't find Dr. Linc attractive in any way, shape, or form, but he is sloooowly growing on me. He seems like a decent guy. I'm almost a little disappointed that he's pursuing Meredith. Let him develop his own independent story line(s) first, maybe? It's always like Noah's Ark on these soap operas - everyone has to be paired off ASAP.

Considering he asked out three (I think) doctors in his first episode, when he'd been at the hospital for like five minutes and we knew zero about him, I kinda find him less than sincere. 

His interaction with his young patient redeemed him a bit. He reminds me of Ronnie "Sunshine" Bass in Remember the Titans, who also had to cut his hair, and I was really hoping they'd find a reason for him to do it (but dumb to have Jo/Mer do it; go to a barber and come back the next day looking better). (Though he's still totally not my type even with shorter hair.)

On 11/2/2018 at 7:38 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Lincoln was great this week with JJ's mom. When he pointed out how glorious his hair was, I had to laugh. Great job giving him a reason to get a haircut though. 

I do not find his hair to be "glorious"; that look does absolutely nothing for me. The kid, on the other hand -- he had fantastic hair.

On 11/2/2018 at 9:55 AM, SimoneS said:

I rather Meredith hook up with Link than have a relationship with Andrew. She and Andrew gross me out because he had sex with her sister and they actually had chemistry, unlike he and Meredith, imo. 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:23 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

Im also confused on if we’re suppused to take Link or DeLuca as serious love interests for Meredith? So far they both seem to be presented as a joke. So.. I’m not really sure how the show wants us to feel.

I don't know how old the characters are supposed to be, but in real life she is approximately 10 and 20 years older, respectively, than the actors who play Link and DeLuca. Also she is their superior (as surgeons she and Link might be on the same level - not clear on that - but she is also a board member and part owner of the hospital). Can she please have an age- and career-appropriate love interest? I can maybe buy Link as age-appropriate, and is at least closer to her level professionally, but DeLuca is neither. (I know some couples have big age gaps and it works for them, but I just don't see it there.)

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I don't know how old the characters are supposed to be, but in real life she is approximately 10 and 20 years older, respectively, than the actors who play Link and DeLuca. Also she is their superior (as surgeons she and Link might be on the same level - not clear on that - but she is also a board member and part owner of the hospital). Can she please have an age- and career-appropriate love interest? I can maybe buy Link as age-appropriate, and is at least closer to her level professionally, but DeLuca is neither. (I know some couples have big age gaps and it works for them, but I just don't see it there.)

I totally agree on all accounts. Meredith Grey is well into her 40s now and is a widowed mother of three children. Flings are perfectly fine, of course, but if they're looking for a long-term romantic partner, it really should be someone with a more mature outlook on life. Link is an overgrown child and DeLuca apparently never had a serious relationship before, so I can't see either of them as her dream match.

Koracick could maybe work, but they need to start writing him as less of a comic relief first. 

• Love 7

They should have cast either Boris Kodjoe or Brett Tucker who are on Station 19 as Meredith's love interest. Alexander Skarsgård would be my dream casting. Why didn't they sign Scott Speedman? Did something go wrong with him?

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Joana said:

Koracick could maybe work, but they need to start writing him as less of a comic relief first. 

Yeah, I really liked him in the scene with April when they talk about her crisis of faith and he tells her about his son's death. It was nice to see him be serious for once.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Thatcher’s not dead, just dying. I expect him to show up soon since Jeff Perry is available again. Otherwise, why create a storyline about it al all?

Good point on the specter (no pun intended) of his showing up in a later episode. I'd just been thinking that since we knew he was dying and she didn't want to see him, to have her see all these ghosts of people from her past during that day, to then have him appear as a CGI ghost at the end of the episode would mean that he had died and she had not made her peace with him. (Which for me, at least, would have been preferable to having to watch Mer-and-Thatcher scenes since I found that whole storyline expendable)

• Love 2

For a second I almost thought they'd throw in a shot of Izzie there, thus confirming that her cancer is back and she's indeed dead. But then again it would probably upstage almost all of the actual storylines and I guess that's literally the last thing Shonda and co. want. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Joana said:

For a second I almost thought they'd throw in a shot of Izzie there, thus confirming that her cancer is back and she's indeed dead. But then again it would probably upstage almost all of the actual storylines and I guess that's literally the last thing Shonda and co. want. 

Thought EXACT SAME THING ... and had to remind myself, oh, right, Izzie's not dead.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, deaja said:

14 hours ago, moonorchid said:

It bothers me a lot this rewritten history with Ellis. 

From what I remember, after she died, Meredith reasoned that while she was a horrible mother she was also an extraordinary surgeon that she should learn from. That’s somehow morphed into feelings of warmth and nurture to the point of naming her daughter after her which to this day irritates me.

I think Ellis was a better parent; despite her hardships (and presumably never even wanting a child) she was there, she raised Meredith as best she could while her worthless father was starting a new family with a wife who didn't have an ambition of her own or whatever excuse he used to blame everything on Ellis and she never badmouthed Tatcher the way he has Ellis. The naming thing probably only happened because Ellis died and during the pregnancy/Derek's death/absence, Meredith realized she had a lot more in common with her mother than she ever thought possible; it's just that Meredith had a partner who (mostly) supported her and she and Derek both wanted and loved their children and actively tried to balance their careers with parenthood (one more than the other, but that's a whole 'nother story).

• Love 7

Ellis was.. there but hardly. Also she tried to kill herself when Richard didn’t want to be with her and told Merdirth not to call 911. So yeah Ellis has her issues and I’m pretty sure she said terrible things about Thatcher. In front of Merdirth I think when Mer was little so.. neither one was a gold star parent.

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah I mean the cgi was terrible, I was just happy Lexie and Mark were remembered!!!! They tend to be forgotten about!  

Also.. yeah while Thatcher is Equally Responsible for the lack of relationship he and Meredith have, Meredith is too. They both share blame for their lack of talking. When she answered to Richard that the last time they spoke was “not since Lexie died”.. god. That’s quite a long time. And yeah as I said he could have picked up a phone but so could she. I’m not really sure what we were supposed to take from that. 

I will never forget Lexi and Mark, Mark was a my favorite doctor, Lexi was my first crush on this show, I cried hard for both of them, I shed tears as soon as I saw Lexi on this episode

Edited by skermac
On 11/1/2018 at 9:30 PM, LexieLily said:

Bailey, you can't just take organs from dead people just because they are a match for the patient you need a liver for. (Yes, there was a line later about getting the donor family's consent, but she was already attempting to get that dead guy and liver back to life before she even thought about the family). Not to mention how she explicitly went against an order from her chief and encouraged Jo to do the same. It doesn't get you off the hook just because the UNOS decision committee or whoever approved and the procedure worked. Oh, how I hope she gets in trouble for disobeying a direct order from a superior, but I know she won't. 

As soon as she saw him though, she said that he had consented to organ donation --I assume it was on his drivers license like in my state or he had signed some paperwork once he entered the hospital.  So she wouldn't need family consent for donation [what if he had no family?].  I guess since she was bringing the organ back to life and it wasn't going through UNOS she would need consent to direct the donation to her patient, but there would be no donation at all unless the liver could be revived and it seems like the dead guy's consent to organ donation would cover that.   Maybe I'm missing something.   

On 11/2/2018 at 9:02 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

My guess is because some of those actors may have left on not so great terms or are busy . I think TRK still has a good relationship with the show and everyone involved in it, The actress who played Lexie is busy with Supergirl and I’m pretty sure PD didn’t leave on the greatest terms and I’m not sure about the actor who played mark but I don’t think that was a fond farewell either, I think he was let go because of money and certain actors had to be let go. Granted it made sense storywise for him to leave as well but I’m pretty sure he was let go too.

Plus. They were supposed to be Mere's memories. Mere remembers them the way they were the last time she saw them-- they will never age. They will never grow old.
In a way I wish they had inserted an original version of Ellis as well. Ellis would still look in Meredith's memory as the way she looked the day/time she died. She would also not age.

Someone upthread reminded me about the dog. Doc. I almost forgot about it but I do remember in the Mere almost drowns eps -- the dog visits her in heaven. Or she visits the dog. Or whatever. LOL

• Love 1
On 11/2/2018 at 10:27 AM, LexieLily said:

Apparently on Station 19, Bailey and Ben had an "honest talk about their marriage" and they are now separating. I wonder if Grey's will automatically expect us to know that or will they talk on Grey's, too?

WHAT!!!

I mean I don't watch or plan on watching Station 19...

But Ben is a flake...first he wanted to be a nurse, then a doctor and then a firefighter...

And Bailey is a control freak...her first marriage ended because she was always at work...then she finally finds a guy she loves that is okay with work but she can't handle his work...

I would like to feel sorry for her BUT life is dangerous....in the world we live...Ben could just as easily be shot in a supermarket...can't babysit him 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, dmc said:

WHAT!!!

I mean I don't watch or plan on watching Station 19...

But Ben is a flake...first he wanted to be a nurse, then a doctor and then a firefighter...

And Bailey is a control freak...her first marriage ended because she was always at work...then she finally finds a guy she loves that is okay with work but she can't handle his work...

I would like to feel sorry for her BUT life is dangerous....in the world we live...Ben could just as easily be shot in a supermarket...can't babysit him 

Technically, he was already a doctor when they met; he was an anesthesiologist, who then decided to become a surgeon and then (after completing his residency?) a firefighter.

• Love 1